Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-20 08:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Curaga II soft cap is 190, after that growth is glacially slow. Can get mid 300's as /WHM weather brings it to a little over 400. This is why curaga III needs to be 49 WHM.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-21 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it's been discussed already aplenty while I was gone these past few weeks, but what's the BiS set for Phalanx2?
Just duration since phalanx gear only applies if the receiver wears it and, I assume, that's the case for Phalanx2 as well?
By Boshi 2019-08-21 19:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

phalanx gear is phalanx received +

Could clump phal 1 & 2 together and make a

sets.midcast.PhalanxSelf
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-21 21:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for a quick recap here. Hard content. landing enfeebs...

Murgleis (am3) > Croc > ?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-08-21 21:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Murgleis no AM r7 and higher> Croc.

And if you wanted to boost macc, you'd use AM1.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-21 21:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Just for a quick recap here. Hard content. landing enfeebs...

Murgleis (am3) > Croc > ?

If harder content you won't be having AM up on Murg as you should be switching weapons.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-22 14:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ok ty both!
By Boshi 2019-08-22 17:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm sure it's been discussed already aplenty while I was gone these past few weeks, but what's the BiS set for Phalanx2?
Just duration since phalanx gear only applies if the receiver wears it and, I assume, that's the case for Phalanx2 as well?
Code
-----Phalanx
	--Need 500 Enhancing to Cap base Phalanx
		--naked: 456 -- need +44skill
			-- cape9(10), feet 25 = 34 only need 10 more skill to cap.
	sets.midcast.Phalanx = set_combine(sets.midcast.GeneralEnhancing.DurationPlayer, {
		--ammo fc 2, ear1 fc2, ear2 fc2, = 6 ring1 fc4 = 10, waist fc3 = 13, sword 4
		ear2="Andoaa Earring",
		ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
		back={ name="Ghostfyre Cape", augments={'Enfb.mag. skill +8','Enha.mag. skill +9','Mag. Acc.+3','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +20',}}, --9
		feet="Lethargy Houseaux +1", --25
		})
		--456+9+25+8%= 503

sets.midcast.Phalanx.Self = {
		main="Egeking",
		sub="Ammurapi Shield",
		ammo="Sapience Orb",
		head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'Evasion+24','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
		neck="Incanter's Torque",
		ear1="Augment. Earring",ear2="Andoaa Earring",
		body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Evasion+24','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
		hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'Evasion+23','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
		ring1="Stikini Ring +1",ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
		back={ name="Ghostfyre Cape", augments={'Enfb.mag. skill +8','Enha.mag. skill +9','Mag. Acc.+3','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +20',}},
		waist="Olympus Sash",
		legs={ name="Taeon Tights", augments={'Evasion+24','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
		feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'CHR+3','AGI+4','Phalanx +4','Accuracy+4 Attack+4','Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},}
		--enhancing 504
			--4 over (augmenting 3)
				--if phal+3/4/5 chironic hands will make this set 19over

above is my phalanx sets. for phalanx2 you still need to hit 500 skill so it's not quite pure duration set. My cape is skill9/duration20 so depending on yours toss in ear/ring/neck (i remember doing math to figure out what slots most efficient a while ago and keeping FC capped)

this is my string of code for self (i have both 1 and 2 mapped as phalanx)
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
			--composure enhancing duration 
			if spell.english ~= 'Phalanx II' and spell.english ~= 'Refresh' and spell.english ~= 'Refresh II' and spell.english ~= 'Refresh III' then
				if spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' then		
					equip(sets.midcast.GeneralEnhancing.DurationPlayer)
				end
			end
			--phalanx+ gear
			if spell.english == 'Phalanx' or spell.english == 'Phalanx II' then
				if spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
					equip(sets.midcast.Phalanx.Self)
				end
			end
	end
end
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-23 00:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Boshi, will double check my enha skill later and make sure it's 500.

Another question for Saboteur guys, couldn't find the answer on wiki.
Lethargy Gantherots +1: I assume the bonus to saboteur is applied if you equip them miscast when the sabo buff is up, correct?
By Aerix 2019-08-23 10:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The following might be a bit more readable. This max duration set will put you at 500-501 Enhancing skill with merits and master, plus some extra Haste/FC for recast. Assumes +9-10 skill on Ghostfyre cape. If you don't have that you can swap in Stikini Rings (+1) and replace Olympus Sash with Witful Belt as necessary.

Results in a ~15m34s Phalanx II on other people.

ItemSet 368194

Thanks Boshi, will double check my enha skill later and make sure it's 500.

Another question for Saboteur guys, couldn't find the answer on wiki.
Lethargy Gantherots +1: I assume the bonus to saboteur is applied if you equip them miscast when the sabo buff is up, correct?

Yes, it has to be worn during midcast, not JA precast.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-23 11:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, someone should add that to wiki so other people can find the answer there rather than asking here.

Granted that when the +3 version is released those gloves will be BiS or close to BiS again, these days it's hard to give them up when Sabo is up.
On normal monsters it doesn't really add a huge %, but on NMs you can clearly feel the impact of it, it's like 1/3, it's quite something!

Altough to be fair it's not like they suck to begin with. Not many options with better Macc, right? Kaykaus+1 for sure, Regal Cuffs.
Something I forgot?
Ayanmo/Jhakri +2 are pretty much the same, more or less, need to account MND/INT of course.
By Aerix 2019-08-23 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the Empy hands +1 are pretty solid and obviously a necessity for Saboteur. However, the difference between them and Kaykaus hands+1 is about 30 MACC for MND-based enfeebles, so it's not an insignificant swap when Sabo is down. In comparison, Regal Cuffs are only about 5 MACC ahead of Empy+1 (barring MBs) and don't improve skill-based enfeebles.

As they are only focusing on job adjustments this year it'll be at least another 6 months before SE bothers to add Empy+2/Empy+3, meaning Kaykaus+1 is still a worthwhile investment since it can be worn on multiple jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-23 16:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix I was taking a look at your sword analysis post, I'll try to summarize and add some questions, please correct me where I'm wrong.

When trying to make a tier list from your post we need to consider two values:
1) The overall alliance DPS (takes into consideration SC damage too)
2) The single player (Aerix) DPS (disregards SC damage)

Personally I'm more interested on the second, so that's what I'll post about

1) R25 Crocea // Tauret (enspell gear, Sanguine Blade)
2) R0 Sequence // Raetic Kris +1 (R15 will be better but... very marginal increase)
3) Maxentius or Naegling // Thibron (damage in your post is so close, should put them on the same tier)
4) R0 Sequence // Tauret
5) R15 Almace // Tauret
6) R15 Murgleis // Almace

Now I wonder, where in this list does Sequence // Thibron sit?
You mentioned i loses to the first 3 options at least, but what was the number?
On BLU thread someone reported the combo performing quite nice (even though I'm still a bit skeptic about it)
Also, I suppose Maxentius and Naegling are worth using only if you pair them with a Thibron, correct?

Which brings us to my next question: which are gonna be the best swords to use if you're gonna be singlewielding?
By Aerix 2019-08-23 17:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Maxentius or Naegling // Thibron (damage in your post is so close, should put them on the same tier)

2. Now I wonder, where in this list does Sequence // Thibron sit? You mentioned i loses to the first 3 options at least, but what was the number?
On BLU thread someone reported the combo performing quite nice (even though I'm still a bit skeptic about it)

3. Also, I suppose Maxentius and Naegling are worth using only if you pair them with a Thibron, correct?

4. Which brings us to my next question: which are gonna be the best swords to use if you're gonna be singlewielding?

1. I'd put Maxentius a tier above Naegling in high-buff situations for the reasons I explained in my parse post. Maxentius Black Halo benefits considerably from Temper II (+50% dmg on every hit) and it didn't quite show in the parse due to the Apex Toads dying from the first hit of the WS. I'm also pretty certain I wasn't fully Attack-capped (no BRD songs), which favored Naegling somewhat.

2. I admit I should have included Sequence/Thibron for comparison's sake, but I gave it up early on because it's a suboptimal combo with Samurai Roll for the reasons explained in this post. Even with proper macro usage (hitting it before even reaching 1k TP) I often ended up wasting 100-200 TP Bonus due to overflow. Additionally, Thibron forces you to wear a lot of Accuracy gear or Distract 3 every target, while regular TP gear+Sequence+Moonshade+Temper 2 often results in sufficiently good TP levels thanks to overflow (2k is the minimum goal) while also being noticeably faster. Plus Tauret adds a bunch of nice bonus stats along with solid white damage. Of course, if you regularly play without any form of Samurai Roll then Sequence/Thibron might be your best choice.

3. Yes, Thibron is what makes Maxentius/Naegling viable. If you're going to use any other offhand you're better off with Crocea, Sequence or Almace.

4. Pretty sure it would be Crocea C. It hits decently hard with CDC/1750TP SB if Sanguine isn't an option and the added Enspell damage is bigger than what other weapons could possibly offer in WS damage without Dual Wield (technically DW slows down Crocea Enspell damage). Sequence would probably be second place because CDC needs offhand hits for good damage. Third place (or tied for second) would most likely be R15 Excalibur, but I don't have one to test it for certain.

Single wield R15 Excalibur for the following reasons:
- High DMG, low Delay
- Knights of Round hits about as hard as a ~1600-1700 TP Savage Blade and doesn't need any form of TP bonus or overflow
- Strong white damage due to the hidden Additional effect and 17% chance of tripled damage on the first hit
- KoR has excellent Skillchain properties to SC with itself or the most common spam WSs (SB, Fudo, Torcleaver, Upheaval, Resolution, Victory Smite)
- Built-in Attack+60 for an already Attack-starved job that doesn't have good offensive Shield options
- Accuracy+15 Afterglow for the rest of your party
- Most likely won't be affected by damage reduction mechanics for repeated WS that are present in Dynamis-D (Savage Blade suffers tremendously from this)
- Biggest drawback is the lack of TP scaling, but you can replace Moonshade Earring with Ishvara for more WSD
[+]
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-09-03 11:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hello there, how can i add refresh II and III to this?

if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
if classes.NoSkillSpells:contains(spell.english) then
equip(sets.midcast.EnhancingDuration)
if spellMap == 'Refresh' then
equip(sets.midcast.Refresh)
if spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
equip (sets.midcast.RefreshSelf)
end
end
By Boshi 2019-09-03 11:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

if spellMap == 'Refresh' or spellMap == Refresh II’ or spellMap == ‘Refresh III’ then
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-03 11:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's mote's spellMap it's already covering refres 2 and 3.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-09-03 11:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
if spellMap == 'Refresh' or spellMap == Refresh II’ or spellMap == ‘Refresh III’ then
thanks for the answer, but still when i cast 2 & 3 it doesnt wear crapevine back, only when i cast refresh 1 it does.
any idea?
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-03 11:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

must mean your spellMap variable isn't handling it. Try replacing "spellMap" with "spell.name" and see what happens.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-09-03 12:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

same only working with refresh 1

EDIT: ok updated mote_mapping and its working now, thanks <3
By Aerix 2019-09-03 15:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Enspells are basically just like regular spells and a MACC check happens whenever you attack. Both "Magic Accuracy skill" and "Magic Accuracy" on gear are factored into your resist rates at the time of swinging. Not entirely sure whether it's INT or MND that plays a role though, as they're White Magic/Enhancing Magic but still elemental. My guess would be MND, however.

In any case, as Ceremonial Dagger is a non-ilevel weapon it will suffer from far more resists than normal.
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-03 17:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Genosync said: »
What actually affects Enspell accuracy aside from the mob’s resist rates and lowering magic evasion? I know Enriching Sword has increased MACC and I’m assuming that’s applied at time of cast and not per hit.

Trying to figure out why I’m getting resisted a bunch on things and fix my Ceremonial Dagger soloing.

What enspell element are u using ?
Odin has 50% innate resistance to ice for example
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-04 01:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah he has 50% resistance to aero, so some macc gear + enthunder should fix it
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-04 08:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin doesn't resist.... thunder?
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-09-04 09:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Odin doesn't resist.... thunder?

Nope... dumb as *** but it's like this.

Well it does resist 30% but it's the same as for a few other elements (out of my mind: half of them being resisted at 30%, the other half resisted 50%)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-04 09:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!!!

Odin should absorb Thunder, lol!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-09-04 10:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with the RDM I see wearing low level daggers and/or ceremonial dagger? :o Something special there?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-04 10:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They do 0 damage, so they don't feed any TP. You can kill things with very dangerous TP moves like this month's Ambuscade or Odin HTB with enspell damage that way.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 141 142 143