Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2019-09-04 10:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE!!!

Odin should absorb Thunder, lol!

I mean, have you only played FFXIII? He's the Dark Deity in this game and hasn't really had an element in most of the others. In FFIV, he was weak to thunder.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-04 13:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people are confusing Odin with Thor or something. Or they're thinking of Marvel's Odin who used Mjölnir.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-04 14:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I base my info on FFRK, 9/10 Odin's agree that they're going to do a ton of lightning damage to you.. :D
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-04 16:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't RK Odin all the elements?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-04 23:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the odins in fork are lightning based. It really depends on which source FF it is pulling from
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-09-04 23:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh .... Odin isn't lightening based. Traditionally Odin is darkness and his summon is an Instant Death attack against everything on the screen. In fact Odin is vulnerable to lightening damage, specifically whenever he raise's his sword indicating he's about to do Atomic Edge (Zantetsuken) to your party.

So yeah Final Fantasy trivia for ya there.
By Aerix 2019-09-04 23:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to settle this with regard to FFXI: Odin Prime is a dark-based enemy. Hence he takes less damage from elements associated with Darkness (Ice, Water, Earth, Dark) and more from elements associated with Light (Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light).

That's all there is to it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-05 23:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I was doing some testing today with timers for debuffs and I noticed some very odd behaviour on some spells and how they interact with Saboteur.

On BG, it lists Dia III as having a different bonus from saboteur from other debuffs, but I've noticed differences in where the saboteur bonus applies on other spells as well.

Based on the equation from the wiki, the following spells perform exactly as expected when I use Saboteur.

• Sleep

• Sleep II

• Silence

• Break

Other spells seem to perform differently:
  • Slow II

• Paralyze II

• Blind II

• Addle II

• Frazzle III

• Distract III

These debuffs last way longer than they should if the saboteur modifier only works on the base duration.

If I calculate the duration with the saboteur bonus applying to the flat duration increases from merits (1) and JP (20) my timers come out much closer.

My paralyze II timer doesn't quite make it all teh way to the end (2 seconds left) before the buff wears off.

Slow II, Blind II, Addle II all wear off about 10 seconds after the timer ends.

Frazzle III and Distract III still go at least 30 seconds beyond the end of their timers.

Any thoughts?

Edit: It's even weirder. If I remove Lethary +1 hands, it goes back to the right time with sabo based on the BG wiki equation, but if I add the hands, all of a sudden, the boost is huge. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Edit2: I removed the merit, and I removed Kishar Ring, and Leth. +1 hands just to get a control, and sure enough, casting paralyze II lasts exactly as long as it should with saboteur.

(120 * 2) + 20 = 260 secondss

If I just add in the the Lethargy +1 hands, the expected duration should be

(120 * 2.12) + 20 = 274 seconds

My actual duration is: 301 seconds

Edit: I just figured it out. The set bonus for the empy set, ALSO enhances enfeebling magic duration!
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-09-06 03:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Edit: I just figured it out. The set bonus for the empy set, ALSO enhances enfeebling magic duration!
Yes, it does. I posted that here a while ago guess I forgot to edit the wiki to include it. Also Dia III probably works the same as others now. That testing was done months ago pre merit changes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-06 10:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Near as I can tell, the Composure bonus applies to the whole duration, so I think the formula is now

((<base_duration> * <saboteur modifier>) + <flat duration increase>) * <duration bonus gear> * <composure bonus> * <augmented bonus>

saboteur modifier is:
2 + .05 to .12 for empy hands

flat duration increase is:
6/merit + 3/merit if relic head bonus
1/jp in enfeebling duration
1/jp in stymie effect if stymie buff is active

duration bonus gear is:
10% for Kishar Ring
20% for regal cuffs

composure bonus is:
10/20/35/50% just like the enhancing bonus for 2/3/4/5 pieces of empy armor.

augmented bonus is:
Duelist's Torque rank

Edit: Amending This, forgot Duelist's Torque
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-10 10:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So while the Malignance set from the update is obviously amazing, I'd say this new shiny is equally (if not moreso) as important to consider.

This is by far the BiS offhand for Crocea Mors Sanguine setups and basically AG Empy-tier as far as total stats go. MND+30, MACC+40, MAB+40, MDMG+241 is miles ahead of what Tauret offers, even though the higher Delay, loss of Acc/Atk and lower skill kinda suck for white damage.

To break it down:

- MND+30, MACC+40: paired with Ammurapi this makes the Club BiS for any enfeebling magic that scales with MND (Slow II, Paralyze II, Addle II)

- MAB+40, MDMG+241: Daybreak/Ammurapi easily beats Maxentius/Ammurapi for nuking damage. Maxentius/Daybreak when nuking as /NIN.

- Magic Evasion+30: You say you enjoy the near-immunity to spell effects thanks to Malignance? Well, enjoy another large boost to MEVA! Pair this with Addle 2/Barspells and (almost) never again be enfeebled.

- Club Skill+228: rather low given that Tauret has +250 skill, but for comparison Tauret has +15 DEX, ~48 Accuracy and ~38 Attack over Daybreak. At the very least Malignance gear easily makes up for the loss of Acc.

- Magic Accuracy skill+242: Only really matters when mainhand casting. Not a huge difference compared to Maxentius/Crocea/Murgleis. We've got enough MACC in gear to cover for it.

- "Cure" Potency+30%: Not a huge game changer, but will allow us to drop Cure potency in several slots (Neck, Legs, Earrings) for more Healing skill+ or Cure Potency II.

- Refresh+1: Nice bonus, nothing major.

- Light elemental damage+50: Possibly Affinity, making this a +50% damage bonus for Seraph Blade. Could elevate the WS to Sanguine-tier and make Crocea our best weapon even on dark-based mobs.

- Main Hand: "Dispelga": The club actually gives access to the spell (200 MP cost). Oh boy. Absolutely invaluable for Ambu and Dyna, especially if it works with our JSE necks.

SE has gone above and beyond for RDM this past year. The job is really bonkers now.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-10 10:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeahhh... I want that club...
By Aerix 2019-09-10 10:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think our biggest collective concern as a community of RDMs should now be what clubs we can lockstyle in our offhands that look good with Crocea Mors.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-09-10 10:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth its also +50% for seraph. Does that stack with crocea or is that a seperate multiplier?
By Aerix 2019-09-10 10:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, good call. I'll edit it into my post.

But while it's definitely worded like Affinity, I'd be surprised if they actually made it a +50% bonus. Unless SE really wants to make RDM a pure magic DPS for most situations by giving us powerful Light and Dark WSs.
[+]
 Asura.Exalas
user: Chazza
By Asura.Exalas 2019-09-10 10:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
I think our biggest collective concern as a community of RDMs should now be what clubs we can lockstyle in our offhands that look good with Crocea Mors.

I mean, it's the charm wand every time right?
By Aerix 2019-09-10 10:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Exalas said: »

I mean, it's the charm wand every time right?

We've got Heartstopper (+1) now that's basically an HQ Charm Wand.

Anyway, Tauret being replaced is kind of a bummer given the new Login campaign dagger. Looks rather nifty.
By Nariont 2019-09-10 10:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless SE really wants to make RDM a pure magic DPS for most situations by giving us powerful Light and Dark WSs.

Wouldnt be suprised if its either main hand only somehow or they just didnt consider it an off-hand, club WS i think are all light based, and whms spell arsenal of nukes is all light based so following that the affinity makes sense to me
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-10 11:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to point out that Daybreak doesn't seem to have any melee acc, so it's at least 60 acc behind Maxentius as a melee option.

Unless it's a typo,hidden.

Bring on the Flash Nova Spam!!

Quote:
- Club Skill+228: rather low given that Tauret has +250 skill, but for comparison that's +114 Acc/Atk vs. +125 Acc/Atk. At the very least Malignance gear easily makes up for the loss of Acc.

Also that isn't how weapon skill works. 1 skill = 0.8 or 0.9 acc/atk, based on your total skill.
By Aerix 2019-09-10 11:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to point out that Daybreak doesn't seem to have any melee acc, so it's at least 60 acc behind Maxentius as a melee option.

Unless it's a typo,hidden.

Bring on the Flash Nova Spam!!

Yeah the low Acc sucks, but Malignance has so much of it (+Distract 3) it's really not even an issue tbh.

Also that isn't how weapon skill works. 1 skill = 0.8 or 0.9 acc/atk, based on your total skill.

I was misremembering the values; I was thinking of Magic accuracy skill with the 0.5 per point. But it doesn't change the fact that Malignance easily covers for the loss of Accuracy--basically as much as you'd be wearing for Thibron offhand normally.

For the record, the actual difference between Daybreak and Tauret is DEX+15, ~48 Acc and ~38 Atk. I edited it into my previous post.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-10 15:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got back from a break, and my 3rd char is a RDM. Have a Crocea but still fairly iffy on total gear (mostly Ayanmo, will start working on this new set for sure). Merits drastically changed in that time, and looks like it's a huge bucket of "***is situational" but just wondering if there's a breakdown of which effects are a good scale for what RDM needs.

Honestly his enhancing duration is solid (9.5min or so haste 2's from before, still missing 1-2 things I think) so I'm thinking enfeebling duration and enspell mostly. And swap enspell to magic accuracy if I were to be aiming for using him on wave 3's.
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-11 07:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

- Light elemental damage+50: Possibly Affinity, making this a +50% damage bonus for Seraph Blade. Could elevate the WS to Sanguine-tier and make Crocea our best weapon even on dark-based mobs.

SE has gone above and beyond for RDM this past year. The job is really bonkers now.
Can indeed confirm the Daybreak is indeed a flat +50% damage increase to Seraph Blade and you can do some bonkers ***with it.

This is with Geo-Malaise, firing just over 2000% TP.

YouTube Video Placeholder

ItemSet 368512
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-09-11 08:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So rdm is basically the only job being updated since January lol. This is amazing
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-11 08:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Now just to get SE to unlock the WS from griffinclaw.
edit: also want to see what a whm can do with it against undead with cures or just normally with their banish/holy spells.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-11 16:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I curse SE for making me choose between Thurandaut Ring and Weatherspoon Ring.
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-09-11 17:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This keeps me up at night too. :(
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-12 01:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Now just to get SE to unlock the WS from griffinclaw.
Bet that's not far off actually, it's easy enough for them to implement.
By SimonSes 2019-09-12 05:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There is one more thing about RDM and Daybreak that I think should work, but I can't test it, since I don't have that club yet.

If it's Affinity, then it should also work for Light skillchain damage. Potentially very good for CDC>CDC. Stats on Daybreak will also be good to help MB after that SC.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-12 07:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll help Light SCs, but only if it picks light damage due to it being the mob's lowest resistance or element priority defaulting to it.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-09-12 09:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a crafting shield then the answer is easy
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 141 142 143