Cerberus.Tacothecat
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-06 10:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
ItemSet 360403

Assuming you don't have the volte gear, swap it out for the next highest store tp piece you can get.

The Cryptic Earring seems out of place. I assume it's supposed to be Eabani Earring for the Dual Wield?

Also, Volte feet aren't going to beat Carmine greaves +1 for TP, unless you're really hurting for Accuracy. Other than that, Anu Torque would be higher DPS than Ainia Collar unless you absolutely need that STP+1 to reduce your x-hit build.

Can't really argue with the Volte gear, except that having 3 of those pieces is extremely unlikely unless you are really lucky and your LS adores you to death.

Ayanmo+2 and Taeon are still the go-to for almost everyone. Chironic gloves could be useable for Dual Wield if the augments are good, but they're rather low on gear haste, so you won't be able to cap without Volte legs.

sorry, eabani, no idea why I put cryyptic in there, anu should win in tp as well. I went with volte feet because the dps difference between carmine and volte is very small, volte gives more acc and subtle blow.

The only time taeon should be used is to cap dual wield in low haste situations. I don't see it being the top option in any situation with the lack of acc and loss of store tp
By Boshi 2018-08-06 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

eyeball test for the loss.
Let's ignore the subtle blow.

Head: taeon str/dex > taeon critD >>Volte >> Ayanmo+2 set > Ayanmo+2 > Carmine+1> Ayanmo+1.

taeon str/dex -> ayanmo+2 is acc+20.75
taeon str/dex -> volte is acc+15

I never bothered Checking volte feet before because they seemed like such a weak piece but I'm getting them beating Carmine+1 which is kind of surprising.

Strong part of the volte set is actually the high STR
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-06 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

what benefit does taeon head bring to the table over store tp options
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-06 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

never understood why RDMs think like standard DDs in terms of TP builds. Our white damage, due to the great potency of enspell damage these days, is much larger in terms of total DMG compared to a heavy DD where their damage is so skewed in favor of weaponskills. Yes, Savage Blade these days is quite powerful for us no question, but I'd much rather gear for incredibly high levels of multiattack over STP and still be able to self-chain quite reliably.

I get the logic behind putting primal concern on STP over multiattack, especially with Temper II. Just two ways to the same goal, I just prefer to have those extra swings with enspell damage over reducing maybe 1 or 2 hits to get to 1k TP.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-06 12:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

enspell is used, but no reason to gear towards it in my opinion, the goal is to get to the exploitable ws as fast as possible, in this case being savage blade. same thing during the thf rudra craze. the goal was getting to the exploitable ws as fast as possible.
The need for multiattack is diminished with temper 2 and 6% triple attack in gear. That is 39% triple attack overall. you will benefit more from store tp at that moment than stacking more triple attack or loading up on enspell damage.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-06 12:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

enspell is used, but no reason to gear towards it in my opinion, the goal is to get to the exploitable ws as fast as possible, in this case being savage blade. same thing during the thf rudra craze. the goal was getting to the exploitable ws as fast as possible.
The need for multiattack is diminished with temper 2 and 6% triple attack in gear. That is 39% triple attack overall. you will benefit more from store tp at that moment than stacking more triple attack or loading up on enspell damage.

oh sorry to imply that- I don't gear "for" enspell damage, merely thinking about its function in standard setups. Not sittin here using the Ayanmo+2 hands for example, though I do know of some setups that utilize them.

Maybe I'm also just super attached to the scores of stones I threw at some melee Taeon when it was our only real option too.... ;) so do take the advice of those who are spreadsheeting/parsing these options over mine lol!
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-06 12:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I followed someone else from a while back that was gearing hardcore on store tp for rdm while I was still using taeon. needless to say the guy shreaded me in parse. afterwards I asked him what he was doing he told me he was following the old thf guide about store tp over multiattack after a certain point. I followed his lead, now I only have taeon for 1 dual wield piece in low haste buff and a set for phalanx since I don't have luck in the DM augment group
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-08-06 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive my ignorance here but is there any room for Blurred Knife+1 offhand over Terion dagger+1? I use the latter as offhand but I’m not sure if double attack and triple attack conflict or compliment eachother.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-06 13:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ternion +1 actually has about a 4% increase on dps over the next best option
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-06 13:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Forgive my ignorance here but is there any room for Blurred Knife+1 offhand over Terion dagger+1? I use the latter as offhand but I’m not sure if double attack and triple attack conflict or compliment eachother.

Ternion+1 will win bigtime because of a few disadvantages Blurred+1 has for a RDM- the "added effect: Haste" is completely wasted since we can always self-haste2. Its not "double attack" on the Blurred+1, its "Occasionally attacks twice", which works differently, and will only have a chance to proc on any melee attack that doesn't already multi-attack. Meaning in most sets for a RDM w/ Temper II, probably around half the time the "OAT" has a chance to proc. Not nearly as potent once you factor that in.
By Aerix 2018-08-06 14:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
never understood why RDMs think like standard DDs in terms of TP builds. Our white damage, due to the great potency of enspell damage these days, is much larger in terms of total DMG compared to a heavy DD where their damage is so skewed in favor of weaponskills. Yes, Savage Blade these days is quite powerful for us no question, but I'd much rather gear for incredibly high levels of multiattack over STP and still be able to self-chain quite reliably.

I get the logic behind putting primal concern on STP over multiattack, especially with Temper II. Just two ways to the same goal, I just prefer to have those extra swings with enspell damage over reducing maybe 1 or 2 hits to get to 1k TP.

Enspell would be a bigger factor in our damage if it didn't get resisted/reduced to hell on anything worthwhile. Even in VD ambu (which isn't really that high-end), you'll often see each proc do less than 20 damage instead of the 100-106 it could do on, say, Apex mobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-06 14:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

valid point, and one of course I see regularly myself.
By Aerix 2018-08-06 15:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
eyeball test for the loss.
Let's ignore the subtle blow.

Head: taeon str/dex > taeon critD >>Volte >> Ayanmo+2 set > Ayanmo+2 > Carmine+1> Ayanmo+1.

taeon str/dex -> ayanmo+2 is acc+20.75
taeon str/dex -> volte is acc+15

I never bothered Checking volte feet before because they seemed like such a weak piece but I'm getting them beating Carmine+1 which is kind of surprising.

Strong part of the volte set is actually the high STR

I have Volte feet beating Carmine+1 by 1~ DPS, which is really just a margin of error. The spreadsheets aren't 100% reliable, so I would argue that Carmine+1 would still win for TP speed unless Accuracy and Subtle Blow play a big factor.

Also, I have Ayanmo+2 head beating Taeon head (STR/DEX/Acc/Atk/TA) in the spreadsheet, not to mention if Ayanmo+2 lets you break into another x-hit tier, then Taeon isn't even worth considering.
By Aerix 2018-08-06 15:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and for what it's worth, RDM/NIN with 4 Volte, Chirich+1 and Sherida Earring (SBII+5) would have 55 total Subtle Blow. Pretty damn useful for a job that feeds TP like a THF.

Auspice from WHM usually overwrites our Enspells, but it was usually worth it for the Subtle Blow. With the above setup, one could cancel Auspice for some extra Enspell DPS.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-08-06 16:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Bahamut.Agerine said: »

Ternion+1 will win bigtime because of a few disadvantages Blurred+1 has for a RDM- the "added effect: Haste" is completely wasted since we can always self-haste2. Its not "double attack" on the Blurred+1, its "Occasionally attacks twice", which works differently, and will only have a chance to proc on any melee attack that doesn't already multi-attack. Meaning in most sets for a RDM w/ Temper II, probably around half the time the "OAT" has a chance to proc. Not nearly as potent once you factor that in.

Interesting. Thank you for good info! I’m really happy with where my RDM is on melee sets and have eyeballing Blurred+1 for a while now. Glad to cross that off the list.
[+]
By Fendarin007 2018-08-06 17:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeronar said: »
Been through the past few pages and haven't seen an up-to-date TP set for RDM. Is the first page set still the best, or can someone post a more modern one, please? My general understanding is to look for STP over everything once accuracy and DW are taken care of. Is that correct?

My current set is (but with the sword and dagger switched):

ItemSet 360401

currently using this for max haste tp set (47% magic haste 36DW needed):
ItemSet 359906

Taeon dex/str/TA
Carmine boots B
/nin 25+10 DW / gear haste 26%
12%TA / 15%DA / 44stp / acc1036
(use this manly on fodder in omen/dynamis with Composure/Distract/gain-dex/Temper II it performs very well.

:hybrid set(30% magic haste 56% dw needed)
ItemSet 360446

/nin 25+31 DW / 26% gear haste
38%DT / 21%MDB / +15% resistance / acc1140
this set i use for omen/dynamis nm's and nm's in general really.

Savage Balde set:
ItemSet 354003

Chironic hat DM STR10 DEX2 ACC/ATT15 MAB16 WSD+9%
Chironic slippers DM acc21 store tp 2 wsd+7%
back: str+30 acc/att+20 wsd+10%
total 35% wsd
just love savage blade its so much fun i can easy hit 30k ws objective with a geo,again distract/dia is your friend i have resonantly acquired relic hat/body/feet but havent had time to test yet.
body/head look bis

a few screen shots in omen
(floor 3 nm)

(this was vs kin)

hope this helps by no means is it perfect im sure others pushs rdm to higher lvls but i must say i really enjoy rdm dd and where im at with it
[+]
By Aerix 2018-08-06 19:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you picked Moonshade Earring with Refresh since you're not using it for the TP Bonus?
[+]
By SeekerStar 2018-08-07 06:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know what you're slipping Oseem under the table to get all that WSD. DM campaign failga incoming for me...

Re:Colts. I'd use it if I had it. I've seen exactly one piece drop and people jumped on it like a bunch of wolverines, and my lot luck is like my augment luck. Therefore I'll be sticking with my relic and stuff, I guess.

That new WSD ring.... I want one to play around with. I don't have Kariyeh or however you spell it, so that could be damned helpful.

So, Carmine +1 feets over TripleAttacky Taeon? For TPing, if course. After losing a Savage Blade spam against a (really well geared) COR in my LS, I need more damage!
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-07 08:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »
That new WSD ring.... I want one to play around with. I don't have Kariyeh or however you spell it, so that could be damned helpful.

So, Carmine +1 feets over TripleAttacky Taeon? For TPing, if course. After losing a Savage Blade spam against a (really well geared) COR in my LS, I need more damage!

Ws dmg ring looks good, maybe rep the ifrit +1 ring,
You should be toasting that cor for ws dmg, well at least if you have aeonic. Fully buffed, 50k Savage is not uncommon on rdm, the ws is very exploitable

For tp set, pretty much Taeon is finally dead. Store tp gear reigns over all Taeon. Rdm should have at least 37% triple attack just between temper 2 and tern +1
By Afania 2018-08-07 10:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be toasting that cor for ws dmg

well at least if you have aeonic. Fully buffed, 50k Savage is not uncommon on rdm, the ws is very exploitable

50k savage isn't normal number on both jobs, spreadsheet doesnt show such number and not even close, even with 55% wsd. Though in escha or on certain NM 50k spike could happen from time to time, it's certainly not a common thing with gears equip-able these days,

Cor has 1000 tp bonus(v.s rdm just 500) and easy access to wsd. 50% wsd is very easy to get on cor, 55% or more is possible with DM. So it's not easy to beat even with sequence.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-07 11:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
well at least if you have aeonic. Fully buffed, 50k Savage is not uncommon on rdm, the ws is very exploitable

50k savage isn't normal number on both jobs, spreadsheet doesnt show such number and not even close, even with 55% wsd. Though in escha or on certain NM 50k spike could happen from time to time, it's certainly not a common thing with gears equip-able these days,

Cor has 1000 tp bonus(v.s rdm just 500) and easy access to wsd. 50% wsd is very easy to get on cor, 55% or more is possible with DM. So it's not easy to beat even with sequence.

You might want to get away from the spreadsheet and talk to my linkshell that has actually seen me do it consistently on rdm in full buff situations. VD ambu, Omen, and various escha nms.
The ws isn't just stacking tp bonus and ws dmg. There is a bit more to it than that.

You also seem to forget, rdm gets 37% triple attack in ws gear between temper and offhand weapon
By Afania 2018-08-07 11:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You might want to get away from the spreadsheet and talk to my linkshell that has actually seen me do it consistently on rdm in full buff situations. VD ambu, Omen, and various escha nms.
The ws isn't just stacking tp bonus and ws dmg. There is a bit more to it than that.

You also seem to forget, rdm gets 37% triple attack in ws gear between temper and offhand weapon

Triple attack doesn't have much to do with savage blade average number.....its not resolution and multi attack benefits are minimal, certainly not to 50k range.

If resolution torcleaver fudo upheaval isn't averaging 50k ws, then rdm savage isn't averaging 50k. It doesn't make sense.

You are talking about spikes, not average. I said 50k could happen, I've seen it. But no way I'm advertising it as normal number, that's misleading.

Edited for accuracy
[+]
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-07 11:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I never said average. You put that word in my mouth, I said it isn't uncommon.

You need to read the post fully before you jump in and make post that don't follow what is actually being said.

Fyi, triple attack does increase your ws avg. Take off temper 2 and run Savage Blade without it, there is a fairly noticeable difference.
By Afania 2018-08-07 11:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I never said average. You put that word in my mouth, I said it isn't uncommon.

And that's misleading. You are quoting spikes in rare occasion.

When we discuss ws damage on forums we quote avg, not spikes.

If you want to quote spikes I can quote cor hitting 50k too, thus wouldn't be "toasted" or whatever.

You need to read the post fully before you jump in and make post that don't follow what is actually being said.

Fyi, triple attack does increase your ws avg. Take off temper 2 and run Savage Blade without it, there is a fairly noticeable difference.

I added them on spreadsheet, less than 10% increase. Not enough to push it to 50k range.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-07 11:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You are making up things playing a word game, I said it isn't uncommon and you twist it into a much larger ordeal than it really is.

10% is a large gain in terms of damage. Thanks for playing, goodbye.

Apparently you get into these immature debates often. I have zero desire to put up with that, blocking you, have a good life.
By Afania 2018-08-07 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You are making up things playing a word game, I said it isn't uncommon

And I disagree and find that misleading, then you got mad, ok.

10% is a large gain in terms of damage. Thanks for playing, goodbye.

Less than 10%, more like 7% ish. Not enough to make 50k a common thing.

And the point is 50k is uncommon.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-08-07 11:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done em too and while they arent common, they happen and its very nice, rdm can get almost 400str in gear with a clusterfuck of mnd as well along big WSdmg, once you get capped attack and get more outside stats, the WS racks up pretty good.
By Afania 2018-08-07 11:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

I've done em too and while they arent common, they happen and its very nice, rdm can get almost 400str in gear with a clusterfuck of mnd as well along big WSdmg, once you get capped attack and get more outside stats, the WS racks up pretty good.

I definitely noted that it can happen, only saying it's not going to happen often. The term "it isnt uncommon" is misleading.

People cited in a way that make others feel bad for losing parse to a cor and not popping 50k left and right. In reality max cor and max rdm is probably about the same tier.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-07 11:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is Byrne pushing just under 30k without brd or cor, not sure what ws gear he has, I see he wasn't using tern+1 but in terms of ws dmg that won't be a large gain. But unsure of the rest of his ws set, looks like geo is idris, but having a 4-5 song honor March brd as well as a regal neck cor really make a huge difference in damage.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is an old video I posted a while back (nearly 7 months ago, fyi that is a long time to uograde gear) before I started building my Savage Blade set and I still favored empy and cdc
Video is crap, but I wasnt using Camtasia like I should have, I used the Nvidia crap which I have learned not to do since.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Since then I have drastically improved my sets both tp and ws.
By geigei 2018-08-07 11:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This rdm melee nonesense still going on? pulling out numbers out your *** doesnt make it better.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 141 142 143