$106 For A Silver Dog Tag? Really SE...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » $106 for a silver dog tag? Really SE...
$106 for a silver dog tag? Really SE...
First Page 2 3
 Remora.Bradt
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-09-10 00:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll pay 10 dollars or expansions where I can customize my own gear and still complain but what makes you think I'm gonna drop $106 dollars for a dog tag which if I wear outside doubles as a chastity belt? Really SE?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-10 00:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its sexy =XXXX
I want one...but not for 106$ =\
it better come with something worth 6+mil gil worth for me to buy it.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-10 00:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This way, when the cops find your body, they don't need to check dental records. They check the virgin records to find your real name based on your server. It's a wise investment.

Except if you really buy one, you need help. That ***better come with a Ridill and an Armada Hauberk for that price.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-10 00:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
This way, when the cops find your body, they don't need to check dental records. They check the virgin records to find your real name based on your server. It's a wise investment.

Except if you really buy one, you need help. That ***better come with a Ridill and an Armada Hauberk for that price.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-10 00:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's shameless cash grabs continue to astound me

they may as well drop the pretense and just start selling gil
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-09-10 00:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What is it even made out of? Poor grade metal with silver plating?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-10 00:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrderio said:

gotta wait for more details.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-10 00:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To be perfectly honest, the Tidal Talisman looks a LOT higher grade in metal and design for what was half the price. OH MY GOD IT HAS MY NAME AND SERVER! ADD $50 USD!

SE is serious about that one.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-09-10 00:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just more proof that SE has totally lost their mind.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-09-10 00:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Taintedone said:

Not really, I know a lot of other games (WoW and Neopets for example) have some kind of "Buy this and receive a free ingame item", but SE is going over the top with the price and whatnot.

If they made it out of iron and dropped the price about 60-70 dollars I'd probably buy it.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-10 00:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrderio said:

Lead. So it's completely safe for your health :]
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-09-10 00:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrderio said:
Taintedone said:

Not really, I know a lot of other games (WoW and Neopets for example) have some kind of "Buy this and receive a free ingame item", but SE is going over the top with the price and whatnot.

If they made it out of iron and dropped the price about 60-70 dollars I'd probably buy it.

Oh, I wasn't really talking about the getting the in game item deal. I was talking more specifically about the $107.00 "Holy hell, let's not pay the light bill this month and buy this NAO!!!!" price point on these.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-09-10 00:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Corrderio said:

Lol... that chain does look like it was made out of lead or something very cheap now that you mention it...
[+]
 Remora.Bradt
Server: Remora
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-09-10 00:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:

Except if you really buy one, you need help. That ***better come with a Kraken club with +10 DMG augment and aFull salvage set of your choice for that price.

I fixed it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-09-10 00:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Corrderio said:

If it's from SE, I'm sure it's high grade, top quality stuff. First they'll send it to you. When you get it and try to open the packaging, some random RMT will run into your house, grab it, and run out. When you call SE to complain and get another one sent to you, after sitting on hold for 2 hours, they'll say that they'll "investigate the matter" and let you know something "shortly". Two days after that, you'll get an email from them saying that after their investigation, it was determined that they will send you out another one, but they won't send it to you for another 30 days. A week after that, you'll get another email from them stating that you will not, in fact, be getting another one, or any for that matter. This is because, as they state in their email, you have exhibited "suspicious Silver Name Tag ordering activities" and your customer account with them has been banned and deleted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-10 00:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How fruity in the booty.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-10 00:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you buy the dog tag, you get a free access to FF XIV alpha :d SE should do that lol, I'm sure they'd sell lot this way :)

Quote:
If it's from SE, I'm sure it's high grade, top quality stuff. First they'll send it to you. When you get it and try to open the packaging, some random RMT will run into your house, grab it, and run out. When you call SE to complain and get another one sent to you, after sitting on hold for 2 hours, they'll say that they'll "investigate the matter" and let you know something "shortly". Two days after that, you'll get an email from them saying that after their investigation, it was determined that they will send you out another one, but they won't send it to you for another 30 days. A week after that, you'll get another email from them stating that you will not, in fact, be getting another one, or any for that matter. This is because, as they state in their email, you have exhibited "suspicious Silver Name Tag ordering activities" and your customer account with them has been banned and deleted.

lol'd.
[+]
 Unicorn.Zero
Server: Unicorn
user: OotD
By Unicorn.Zero 2009-09-10 01:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I clicked the link to the dog tags thinking to myself "hmm, 10 bucks maybe" $106 O_O LOL no way.
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-09-10 01:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you guys do realize you don't have to buy them! who cares how much they are, if you don't want to pay it then don't >.<
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-10 01:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a link to a service that does custom image/name engraving like this? I'd like to find one to compare prices but I can't find any that do images more complicated than basic shapes/objects.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-09-10 02:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Feifongwong said:
lol you guys do realize you don't have to buy them! who cares how much they are, if you don't want to pay it then don't >.<

The Thing is, they are gonna give you some awesome in-game items if you buy it ... you will want it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-10 02:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonelf said:

The Thing is, they are gonna give you some awesome in-game items if you buy it ... you will want it.

Got a free warp to X town last time...what could they give that will justify this price?
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-09-10 02:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Leonelf said:

Got a free warp to X town last time...what could they give that will justify this price?

A pair of glasses that let you see all {Hume} {Elvaan} {Mithra} {woman} naked with modified *** and thongs ?
I mean ... 106$ for that ... HELL YES !
[+]
 Ifrit.Maddi
Server: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2009-09-10 02:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

you can get the for free, just modify the .dats, lol(on your own risk)

but seriously, if that thing isnt made out of "real" 100% silver, it isnt worht it by any means. not mentioning if you like the look of it at all.

if they really gonna combine it with an ingame item, it must at least be something like a salvage body^^
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-09-10 03:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is definitely made of silver..it has the SV925 mark on it which stands for sterling silver....92.5% silver,7.5% copper.

Still isn't worth the price though!
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-09-10 03:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the whole thing where it probably be not a cool move to wear something in this in public, but I don't see why it seems many of you would be ultra ashamed of just owning one, what do you think your new girl/boyfreind wont find out one day you like mmos? Relationships that game together, stay together.

This thing should be like 10-15 bucks max and have some exclusive in-game item, to make it appear less shameless, but thats jusy my opinon so whatever.
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-10 03:50:05
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Darkovercast said:
I get the whole thing where it probably be not a cool move to wear something in this in public, but I don't see why it seems many of you would be ultra ashamed of just owning one, what do you think your new girl/boyfreind wont find out one day you like mmos? Relationships that game together, stay together.

This thing should be like 10-15 bucks max and have some exclusive in-game item, to make it appear less shameless, but thats jusy my opinon so whatever.

Actually, I saw a RL marriage get ruined over this game. lol
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-10 05:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkovercast said:
I get the whole thing where it probably be not a cool move to wear something in this in public, but I don't see why it seems many of you would be ultra ashamed of just owning one

There's a moogle pin on my schoolbag! Nothing to be ashamed of! I don't think I would wear something from FF around my neck though... but still better than a clock!

User submitted image

Go Public Enemy! ^^;
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-09-10 07:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Now we really know who is in charge at SE.
User submitted image
[+]
 Bismarck.Xeres
Server: Bismarck
user: Xeres
By Bismarck.Xeres 2009-09-10 07:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pay $20, $35 max for that, and the engraving of my name and server had better be more elegant that was they appear to have on the back there. Oh, and to top it off, watch it only be available in the US again just like the Talisman.
First Page 2 3