Do You Think It's Worth To Transfer Servers Just To Get Items You Want?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you think it's worth to transfer servers just to get items you want?
Do you think it's worth to transfer servers just to get items you want?
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a bunch of items I'm willing to pay gil now for quite some time now. I just recently had to reset them for another month. Upon looking at who's actually selling these items, it's come to my attention the following servers would be the ones to move to get the items I want.

Fairy: has the most of them and decent prices.

Asura: has just about the same as Fairy, about the same price, except they have the earring I want, but double the price I would pay.

Cerberus: Has some of them, but the ones they do have are cheaper then my offering price. Plus I know a bunch of people from my server that moved here, although, idk what they've been up to, and they kinda left our server on some terms I don't wish to discuss, lol.

It seems my server isn't too big on using this this site or just doesn't sell the stuff I want, and if they do is way too much.

So what do you guys think, is it worth servers to finally get items I want?

The items in order of what I are:

Askar Korazin
Askar Manopolas
Aurum Sabatons
Neptunal Abjuration: Hands
Paramount Earring
Aurum Cuisses
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-09-09 16:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

idk why you would transfer servers for a bunch of crap you can get with a static/basic endgame LS for free.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-09 16:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy is pretty good about "merc'ing" gear. Several decent groups around with skilled players. As for the transferring... Ya really need to take the price of the transfer into account as well. Which is more or less another 1-2mil if ya do the RMT route of buying gil.

Murdock said:
idk why you would transfer servers for a bunch of crap you can get with a static/basic endgame LS for free.
Maybe Leviathan just sucks for that type of thing. :P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Murdock said:

Yes, yes it does.
Basically all HNLS's left on our server want people who have at least 1 mage job.I hate playing mage jobs, my highest is whm26 and that was boring.

All end game shells left on here except for dynamis and Einherjar, are hardcore on their requirements.
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-09-09 16:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Murdock said:

If Leviathan doesnt have LS's that do sky, T1-3 ZNM, and SHNM's then they must be more backwater than I thought.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Fairy is pretty good about "merc'ing" gear. Several decent groups around with skilled players. As for the transferring... Ya really need to take the price of the transfer into account as well. Which is more or less another 1-2mil if ya do the RMT route of buying gil.

Murdock said:

Nice. There is some "merc'ing" going on here but, it took almost 2 months to kill Kirin using my pop set. I'm sorry, but that's a long time to wait.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-09 16:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And there you have it. Leviathan sucks for casual or 'mono-type' players trying to accomplish things. =)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've earned all my gil the legit way. So it's not like I need to buy gil. I'd rather transfer servers before I buy gil, because even if I did, it's still a pain to get gear, regardless of the gil, lol.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-09 16:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Tbest said:

Murdock said:

Nice. There is some "merc'ing" going on here but, it took almost 2 months to kill Kirin using my pop set. I'm sorry, but that's a long time to wait.
One of the LS's here that does sky for the Neptunal hands for example is very skilled and reasonable on prices.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
And there you have it. Leviathan sucks for casual or 'mono-type' players trying to accomplish things. =)

LOL! It really is. Basically this guy http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=247569 was on on our server and although you can't see it now he was #2 across all servers. This server has just gotten to elitist for me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically if you can't solo anything and don't have a fully merited mage job with hardcore gear, you're not getting into any HNMS, ZNM LSes. As far as sky, I've been through about 4 sky lses now, and they last for 2 months maybe at the most before they break up. So what's the point of collecting points and not use them on the good gear?
 Siren.Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-09-09 16:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like you need to make your own end game non HNM LS.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think maybe a server change would be good anyway. Need some kind of change. Is there any good dynamis lses on these severs, like ones that let you lot on big money seeings how I have most of the AF I need, lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-09 16:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I run a Dyna LS on Fairy. And we have money lots and sponsoring. >.>
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
@OP Title:

If it's something that normally takes a lot of time and hard work/gil and I can get it without work and for free...yes.

Otherwise hell no. :D

Time, yeah, lots of time!
Work, well if considering trying to get people together to only never have enough and going for the attempt anyway to fail or just not going cause you can't find enough people, then sure, lol.

Basically I'll do now is log on and farm gil, lol.

Do dynamis twice a week as main assist (yeah I actually have all the mobs memorized, lol), hope for lotting on big money and repeat. Last run, last night was canceled, leader's computer crashed... so I just went to bed.

Einherjar used to run twice a week, then down to once a week and now has been canceled almost a month now, lol ><
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 16:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Nice, I actually do know 1 person who moved to Fairy while ago, lol.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-09 16:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Tbest said:

Orly?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-09 17:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reasonably sure you could get askar just by answering WG shouts.

Personally, i wouldn't want to leave the freinds i've made on my server behind just to get items, but to each their own.

If nothing is keeping you there, go for it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 17:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sevourn said:
I'm reasonably sure you could get askar just by answering WG shouts.

Personally, i wouldn't want to leave the freinds i've made on my server behind just to get items, but to each their own.

If nothing is keeping you there, go for it.

I answer em all the time, lol.

I would have a very good friend of mine most likely coming with me though. She is RDM75 and SMN75. Not to be mean, but a C- in RDM abilities, lol. I had to beat RDM Maat for her. Even took me 3 tries, considering though it was my first time playing a high level mage, higher than a whm26, lol.

Some of the better friends I've made on this server moved at the beginning of this year. They were the ones who helped me before I even had 1 75 job. Of course they got too full of themselves and thought they could move servers and take over, lol.

So I guess there's not too much holding me here, I just thought it was be nice to be on the same server always, but I need some change, some excitement!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 17:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Chaosx said:
Tbest said:

Orly?

Yeah he's still on my friend's list too, lol.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-09-09 17:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Although i think it's far fetched to move servers for your said items, it just depends how much you want them.

I recently moved back to my original servers and something you should consider is to take advantage of the server price differences, i'm not gonna lie but i did make a fair few million out of doing so.
 Lakshmi.Kiun
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kiun
By Lakshmi.Kiun 2009-09-09 17:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an interesting question. As I understand you can only move servers once per month. What if you just moved back after you got your items if you didn't care for the new server?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-09-09 17:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if it's free beer and hot wings. If not, then no.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-09 17:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes though, change is good. It's like living in the same neighborhood and in the same job for years and years. It's refreshing to have a change.
 Bahamut.Citag
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-09-09 17:36:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Sometimes though, change is good. It's like living in the same neighborhood and in the same job for years and years. It's refreshing to have a change.

Couldnt have said it better.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-09 17:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiun said:
This is an interesting question. As I understand you can only move servers once per month. What if you just moved back after you got your items if you didn't care for the new server?

Pretty sure it's once every 90 days.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-09 17:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

True I could always move back in 90 days. Change is always good when you feel monotonous.
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2009-09-09 18:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What I am about to tell you keep it between you, me and the other 20,000 people reading these threads. Since you are looking to spend 5+ million in gear you want and wondering about price why not put your 5-10 million or whatever you have into any of the following:
ARMOR
WEAPONS
SCROLLS
INGOTS
BEAST COINS
IMPERIAL COINS
GEMS, ETC.

When I moved from Valefor to Fairy I checked Cross Server prices and how often things sell. Sold anything that will be a loss in FAIRY and bought everything i could Double or flip for 30%+ return. You can easily trun 5MM into 9MM and 10MM into 20MM etc.... and have all gi1 you ever need to get your wanted ARMORS and still have nuff gil left to PIMP YOUR MOG HOUSE . For example, I got a couple of Sorcer's rings at .9MM and sold them at 1.6MM.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-09-09 18:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not having fun on your server then why not transfer? I know for a fact once I go back into the endgame scene it won't be on lolCarby.

Though to be honest the stuff you ask isn't really that hard to get if you stay in a shell for a few months.
First Page 2