Do You Think It's Worth To Transfer Servers Just To Get Items You Want?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you think it's worth to transfer servers just to get items you want?
Do you think it's worth to transfer servers just to get items you want?
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-09-10 00:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I'd transfer servers simply for items, but if the scene on Leviathan can't get you what you want within your constraints, and you're not leaving anything behind (I've more than a few friends that I would hate to leave), then move for that reason.. The items are short-term, because if you aren't happy where you land, you've got 3 months until you can move again.. Which isn't a huge amount of time, but if it kills your interest between then and when you can move, it's time enough..
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-10 00:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think starting next month I'm gonna give a try and change servers. I can always go back. I need a change. Now it's just a matter of which server.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-10 00:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking either Fairy, Asura, Cerberus or Ragnarok.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-10 01:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
I'm thinking either Fairy, Asura, Cerberus or Ragnarok.

Come to Asura and I'll send you annoying /tells.
[+]
 Fairy.Lilman
Server: Fairy
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2009-09-10 01:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

not much on fairy
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-09-10 02:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
I've had a bunch of useless ***' garbage I'm willing to pay absurd gil prices now for quite some time now. I just recently had to reset them for another month. Upon looking at who's actually selling this crap, ***, garbage what have you, it's come to my attention the following servers would be the ones to move to get the items I want.

Fairy: has the most non heterosexual name of any server

Asura: has just about the same as Fairy, about the same price, except they have the earring I want, but it's a total *** ripoff.

Cerberus: Has some of them, but the ones they do have are a *** rip off. Plus I know a bunch of *** heads from my server that moved here, although, idk what they've been up to, and they kinda left our server after *** some people over and botting/hacking and ***.

It seems my server probably doesn't care or just doesn't sell the stuff I want, and if they do its a *** ripoff.

So what do you guys think, is it worth servers to finally get items I want?

The garbage in order of what I are:

Asskrap Korazin
Asskrap Manopolas
Aurum Sabatons
Neptunal Abjuration: Hands lolsky
Paramount Earring
Aurum Cuisses

Fix'd.

P.S. You should just get in a nyzul/znm group, that ***u want is all ***. It can't be that hard unless you're 100% anti-social and possibly angry/bitter at the world like me. Would explain why you don't have any/many friends you value over this garbage you want though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-10 20:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally there might be more to the story. There are too many Chaos... people on our server to keep them all straight. However I know that my LS is an endgame shell that does Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Limbus, znm, etc. We just did 3 weeks of sky and popped off like 10 kirins. Only thing that people need for the most part are w.legs and the occasional Haidate depending who is on. Everything else falls to the floor. Well, almost everything, some ppl relot the Ngear so they can +1 it now. Our requirement is having sky access and 6-4 for sea. We waive the sea requirement if they are actually working on it. We don't have a mage/melee requirement. Yes it does make it easier since we blm burn a lot of sea but having pld means you get to tank for the blms.

We aren't the only shell out there like this on Lev. So, there is either some history or something else going on.

p.s. We use smns on JoL and we have a "family" atmosphere. i.e. RL > Game. Friends and Family always welcome because it makes a better play environment for you.
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-09-10 20:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of gear-griefers in endgame lses on Fairy. They'll get u the gear if you're with them for long enough but be prepared for long philosophical rants about why it's your obligation to get the best gear possible.

Anyway, if you migrate to Fairy, welcome!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-10 21:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:
Personally there might be more to the story. There are too many Chaos... people on our server to keep them all straight. However I know that my LS is an endgame shell that does Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Limbus, znm, etc. We just did 3 weeks of sky and popped off like 10 kirins. Only thing that people need for the most part are w.legs and the occasional Haidate depending who is on. Everything else falls to the floor. Well, almost everything, some ppl relot the Ngear so they can +1 it now. Our requirement is having sky access and 6-4 for sea. We waive the sea requirement if they are actually working on it. We don't have a mage/melee requirement. Yes it does make it easier since we blm burn a lot of sea but having pld means you get to tank for the blms.

We aren't the only shell out there like this on Lev. So, there is either some history or something else going on.

p.s. We use smns on JoL and we have a "family" atmosphere. i.e. RL > Game. Friends and Family always welcome because it makes a better play environment for you.

I'll try to make a long story short, lol.

#1 I'm still on CoP2-3, for about a year now. I've tried this run countless times, the closest I got was when I finally demanded that I kite the mammets. And sure enough we had 2/3 killed, but ran out of time. I've been screwed on this run so many times, one run where the first group won, and someone went afk in our group so we lost with 5. People who were like oh yeah I'll let you know next time I go, or I'm sorry I wasn't there, basically just went on without me and then shoved it in my face. Good friends.
Even better are the people who are like oh yeah 2-5 is so easy, all you need is this or that, so I'm ok let's get a group together and do this then. People piss and moan when you actually ask for their help after they continue on about how easy something is.

#2. My first experience with endgames Lses was Lengendary (dynamis), which wasn't bad, just they could never beat snow. After a year with them I decided you know, I want to win snow for once.

#3. One word Government. If you on Leviathan or Cerberus you know what this means. Way too much *** here to go into. (dealing with them almost made me quit the game entirely, took like a month and half break after they *** us in the ***.)

#4. I've been through 3 sky lses, not counting lolZain-LS and Government, and they just fall apart. I show up for farming all the time, get points. then before I use my points, cause I only need a few items, we do less gods, until no one shows anymore.
Now all the people from these old sky lses are in other ones that require that 1 mage job *** again. I've tanked Byakko solo b4, GDI.

#5. I really don't know any ZNM LS, that doesn't require 1 mage job, well none that I've seen.

#6. I answer askar shouts all the time. That's how I got feet and head. Did about 40+ floor 80 runs, but never saw body drop. I've tried to join 2 statics, from people shouting. I show up, never got the names of the rest of the people in group. Leader isn't on 20min b4 we're supposed to run. Mind you I'm logged in almost 24/7. Never pops online. Next day I sent them a /tell no response. Pretty much same thing happened with other static. I'm still on floor 0 and just getting to 50 would be nice, at least I could work on getting the weaponskills I need.

OK well that's about as short as I could make it. So it's not like I haven't tried, nor put lots of time in. I just end up getting into lses that suck or take advantage of people and jump server.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-10 22:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I just end up getting into lses that suck or take advantage of people and jump server.

You will always see ppl take advantage of people and jump servers. There's no way around it. I've ran my LS since shortly after ps2 release. I've gone through so many people. We don't do kings and stuff on a regular basis because no1 is going to bot. We stick to a schedule and just do stuff with the friends we've made in the game.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-10 22:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:
Quote:

I just end up getting into lses that suck or take advantage of people and jump server.

You will always see ppl take advantage of people and jump servers. There's no way around it. I've ran my LS since shortly after ps2 release. I've gone through so many people. We don't do kings and stuff on a regular basis because no1 is going to bot. We stick to a schedule and just do stuff with the friends we've made in the game.

Nice what LS is this?
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-10 23:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringer of the Dawn
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-09-11 02:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Reply to OP:
Sure, if you don't have friends on your original server and don't like it. Why not?

<-- The inverse is true for me, thus it would not be an option for me.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-11 08:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:

...sea
I hate CoP with a passion now! It's like the one thing besides having 1 mage job fully leveled that holds me back. Only with sea I'm screwed because anyone who has won't help, and anyone who doesn't, doesn't know what to do.

I think I'm going to ask my friend is she wants to transfer to Fairy today. That server seems like we can get some stuff done, for both of us.

The social LS is nice, but if all I do is log on and talk to people, I might as well just been in a chat room somewhere, lol!
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 09:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
I've had a bunch of items I'm willing to pay gil now for quite some time now. I just recently had to reset them for another month. Upon looking at who's actually selling these items, it's come to my attention the following servers would be the ones to move to get the items I want.

Fairy: has the most of them and decent prices.

Asura: has just about the same as Fairy, about the same price, except they have the earring I want, but double the price I would pay.

Cerberus: Has some of them, but the ones they do have are cheaper then my offering price. Plus I know a bunch of people from my server that moved here, although, idk what they've been up to, and they kinda left our server on some terms I don't wish to discuss, lol.

It seems my server isn't too big on using this this site or just doesn't sell the stuff I want, and if they do is way too much.

So what do you guys think, is it worth servers to finally get items I want?

The items in order of what I are:

Askar Korazin
Askar Manopolas
Aurum Sabatons
Neptunal Abjuration: Hands
Paramount Earring
Aurum Cuisses

Basically server transfering for profit is the legal way of buying gil. And i would say yes on your question depending on how much gil you would save, But for the items you want it would be absolutely rediculous seeing how they are all r/ex and most are easily obtainable with a small pt.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 09:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Antonioklaus said:

...sea
I hate CoP with a passion now! It's like the one thing besides having 1 mage job fully leveled that holds me back. Only with sea I'm screwed because anyone who has won't help, and anyone who doesn't, doesn't know what to do.

I think I'm going to ask my friend is she wants to transfer to Fairy today. That server seems like we can get some stuff done, for both of us.

The social LS is nice, but if all I do is log on and talk to people, I might as well just been in a chat room somewhere, lol!

You are mistaken if you think fairy will be better then where your at now when it comes to getting CoP done. ALL servers are as dead as the rest when it comes to cop. What you need to do is spend some time shouting to form a 6 person static, and keep on it sending them tells OR shouting for members until you have it done. I read your early posts on War gear and dude i must say, Rajas/Brutal/torques ARE SO WORTH IT! not to mention limbus for +1 gear / homan/nashira for other jobs. If you take anything from this post its getting SEA ASAP. GL
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-11 18:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sea is so easy to get. Just had a few BotD members push through it. Ya, you can't do it in a day but if you put your mind to it, it's simple. Mammet fight is so simple with 3 nin and 3 whm. No need to kite them. It's easier to get help these days with level synch gear and getting xp from the fights. The problem is that ppl with sea won't hold your hand and do everything for you.
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-09-13 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh none of the gear in OP is worth buying, let alone transferring for
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-09-13 17:00:59