Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-11 08:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
Antipika said:
Integral said:

could you solo those enms without the plugins? just wondering bro

Seeing how I own it, yeah definitely. Would maybe die once and/or be less efficient (like longer fight), would still get the drops in the end. Sorry if you're a subpar player and fails at soloing. Now if you have a problem with plugins what the *** are you doing on this website ?

easy there ***- I quit this POS game, but I am appalled by your hypocrisy.. BUYING GIL IS CHEATING BUT KNOWING EXACTLY WHEN BUFFS ARE GOING TO WEAR, HAVING ALL OFYOUR GEAR SWITCH WITH 1 MACRO USING TRUE/FALSE STATEMENTS, KNOWING WHAT % A MOB IS AT, KNOWING PT'S TP, TIMESTAMPS AND OTHER ***IS PRO MODE LOL.

butthurt elitist douchebag, I have no problem with this website or plugins. Only your words.

Haha cry more :) You're entertaining me. Your message need more [Caps Lock Key] also, you'd be cooler.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 08:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
hey guys...dont smoke...smoking is bad *puts out cig*

Why is it bad? Is it worse then buying gil? My grandfather smoked from when he was 8 years old til he died @ 97 in his sleep, my other grandfather never smoked and died @ 68 from lung cancer...

Life is messed up, Also i'm not positive but i think my grandfather that died from lung cancer supported RMT's by buying lots of gil.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 08:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Integral said:
Antipika said:
Integral said:

Seeing how I own it, yeah definitely. Would maybe die once and/or be less efficient (like longer fight), would still get the drops in the end. Sorry if you're a subpar player and fails at soloing. Now if you have a problem with plugins what the *** are you doing on this website ?

easy there ***- I quit this POS game, but I am appalled by your hypocrisy.. BUYING GIL IS CHEATING BUT KNOWING EXACTLY WHEN BUFFS ARE GOING TO WEAR, HAVING ALL OFYOUR GEAR SWITCH WITH 1 MACRO USING TRUE/FALSE STATEMENTS, KNOWING WHAT % A MOB IS AT, KNOWING PT'S TP, TIMESTAMPS AND OTHER ***IS PRO MODE LOL.

butthurt elitist douchebag, I have no problem with this website or plugins. Only your words.

Haha cry more :) You're entertaining me. Your message need more [Caps Lock Key] also, you'd be cooler.

I think he would be just a little cooler with more caps lock but i think he was cool enough, also i didn't see any crying but then again im smoking and its hard to read the text clearly through the smoke.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-11 08:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Ludoggy said:

Why is it bad? Is it worse then buying gil? My grandfather smoked from when he was 8 years old til he died @ 97 in his sleep, my other grandfather never smoked and died @ 68 from lung cancer...

Life is messed up, Also i'm not positive but i think my grandfather that died from lung cancer supported RMT's by buying lots of gil.

Because people spend millions of dollars on advertising saying its bad, and if you smoke you are bad and killing everyone around you. so its gotta be bad =]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 09:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Motokosun said:
Ludoggy said:

Because people spend millions of dollars on advertising saying its bad, and if you smoke you are bad and killing everyone around you. so its gotta be bad =]

I suppose you got a point except i smoke outside and never around people so i guess i don't kill to many people i hope. But you do make a valid point. I think the worse part about smoking is that more then 50% of the price of cigerettes goes towards Taxes and alot of those taxes are used for anti-smoking campaigns... Isn't it enough i smoke and am commiting slowuicide? Robbing me had to be the next logical step i guess.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 09:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of buying gil. I honestly never had a problem with people selling gil or buying gil, for the most part as a crafter it seemed alort of my more expensive wares would be bought by gil buyers. Seemed people who put hard work into earning there gil were more weary of how they spent it but gil buyers just spam bought ***knowing there was a seemingly endless supply of gil. HOWEVER i do now have a huge problem with both because it seems the hot way to make gil is by hacking players, many of which spent ALONG time earning all the gil and items just to be hacked in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: on the topic of hacking i just now got the tell "Dear player, it has come to our attention you have been practicing illegal Gil trading. To find out more info on this matter please go to "website" to clear up this matter, thankyou"

I didn't post the website so no one would actually go to it and get *** hacked.
 Asura.Deodate
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2009-09-11 09:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone acts like the "Inflation era" was such a difficult time. I was there for it, and guess what... it wasn't that bad. In fact, EVERYTHING was inflated. Yeah, haubs and SH were millions of gil to buy, but everything that you sold was elevated in price too. It's not like silk threads were selling for 12k a stack and the SH were 5mil. The silk threads you had sold for a lot more too, so I don't buy the excuse of "everything was so expensive I couldn't afford it, so I bought gil." Even a WHM can farm crawlers. Level a thief to 15 and farm in saruta. Kill spipi for a quick lump sum off the cape. I was a taru blm and my farming options weren't great either, but I managed. Do some quests (especially repeatable ones), farm low lvl mobs, bcnm where possible. /rant.

Point: Encourage and support players that need it. Don't make excuses for why you bought gil.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-11 09:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordgenbu said:
I had to do it, in the 2004-2006 era I don't know one *** who didn't. :D Especially christmas special when it was 3 dollars for 1 mil. Don't worry mate you weren't the only one!

Excuse me.....? i been playing 7 years and never bought gil ain't an excuse. do not put words in people mouth bro.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-11 09:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Deodate said:
Everyone acts like the "Inflation era" was such a difficult time. I was there for it, and guess what... it wasn't that bad. In fact, EVERYTHING was inflated. Yeah, haubs and SH were millions of gil to buy, but everything that you sold was elevated in price too. It's not like silk threads were selling for 12k a stack and the SH were 5mil. The silk threads you had sold for a lot more too, so I don't buy the excuse of "everything was so expensive I couldn't afford it, so I bought gil." Even a WHM can farm crawlers. Level a thief to 15 and farm in saruta. Kill spipi for a quick lump sum off the cape. I was a taru blm and my farming options weren't great either, but I managed. Do some quests (especially repeatable ones), farm low lvl mobs, bcnm where possible. /rant.

Point: Encourage and support players that need it. Don't make excuses for why you bought gil.

Yeah, not to mention that NPC prices were lower if we take purchase power parity in consideration. Like buying scrolls for mage, was way easier during inflation than now. Take something like Protect III, 32K, it wasn't much before, therefore new player could easily buy it. Situation is really different now, even for a lv75 player, 32K is "something", so it's worse for a lv47 player.
 Unicorn.Mattchew
By Unicorn.Mattchew 2009-09-11 09:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Deodate said:
Everyone acts like the "Inflation era" was such a difficult time. I was there for it, and guess what... it wasn't that bad. In fact, EVERYTHING was inflated. .

That's a great point. Honestly i miss those days because i would make from 20-50m a week selling Hktk. Eye Clusters. I would spend about 10hours a week farming the eyes for xp+drops on my bst solo, then i would craft them and sell them for 2-5m at its peak. Back then O-hat was the "thirteen thirty-seven" of hats.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 09:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Deodate said:
Everyone acts like the "Inflation era" was such a difficult time. I was there for it, and guess what... it wasn't that bad. In fact, EVERYTHING was inflated.

Yeah, not to mention that NPC prices were lower if we take purchase power parity in consideration. Like buying scrolls for mage, was way easier during inflation than now. Take something like Protect III, 32K, it wasn't much before, therefore new player could easily buy it. Situation is really different now, even for a lv75 player, 32K is "something", so it's worse for a lv47 player.

One thing that bothers me ALOT is how NPC prices have not "deflated" with the economy. Bout only thing they have done is nerf countless money makers player->npc. :(
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-11 09:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

back in my day, when the inflation was at its peak, you HAD to buy gil to purchase gear at those outrageous prices.

you young hooligans have it too easy nowadays. Newbies?, where?, all those idiots running around are older players reliving their virtual pre-pubescent years.

hogwash!
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-11 09:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Antipika said:
Deodate said:
Everyone acts like the "Inflation era" was such a difficult time. I was there for it, and guess what... it wasn't that bad. In fact, EVERYTHING was inflated.

One thing that bothers me ALOT is how NPC prices have not "deflated" with the economy. Bout only thing they have done is nerf countless money makers player->npc. :(

Yeah, they only did it for Limbus and Dynamis, which is kinda stupid. If SE admit that the economy have deflated, they should also adjust some NPC price, especially thinking about mandatory expensive items, like scrolls that can only be bought.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-11 09:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rylis said:
Integral said:
Integral said:
Antipika said:
I didn't because I had a brain, well weren't around in 2004/2005 so never knew these $3/mil. When I started prices were as low as $14/mil (early 06). What I did is making a mule, get lv2 fame in bastok, warp quest, send the scroll back to my main, delete mule, repeat.

200 to 300K per hour. More than enough for a low level player. Was even able to buy my Airship pass for 500K <3 Made coupe millions that way, no need for RMT :] Then toau got released, could make millions by doing nothing but getting IS while exping my char. 200K per gold coin anyone ?

Not everyone did it, not like everyone need to play game in [Easy mode] or use [Cheats] in order to complete them.

the hypocrisy of your post is laughable

Heh, yep..

First, you could only have made so much gil from what is arguably a questionable method, in and of itself.. Because the gil was inflated at the time. The gil may be proportional, but it would certainly have taken you a lot longer to [Easy mode] your airship pass.. Seriously, though, how hard is it to get rank 4?

Second, windower. How can you stand on any moral high ground and continue to use windower and its plugins? Unlimited equipment macros, and information that legitimate players need to actually do something to see? You may justify it in many of the same ways everyone else does.. "If SE would fix this or that, I wouldn't need to.." And if SE had fixed RMT, no one would have needed to buy gil. Windower just about automates the game, in a lot of aspects.. And in some cases, 'just about' is an understatement (FFACE, anyone?)

Back to the topic.. I didn't buy gil, even though I played during the height of this time.. When I logged off for a year and a half, I was sitting on around 30m (When gil was worthless) and I got lucky when I came back, and gil had value again.. How did I make the gil? Well, before the summer event that warped people to Ifrit's Cauldron, I mined there on my level 40RDM/NIN.. I died often enough to delevel it, more than a few times, but the gil was good.. Adaman and Orichalcum ore were quite valuable, and at the time, their drop rates were pretty staggering..

Players are, and always will be, the cause of RMT.. If the companies selling currency had no buyers, they'd never have a business, to begin with. However, it isn't even 100% the fault of the players who buy gil who are at fault.. FFXI is not alone in this, but FFXI players are so discriminating that it can be staggering.. I like to do the best I can.. I like to show up to an event with spare consumables, extra armor that I probably won't need, top of the line in everything that I can manage. I was willing to put in the time to do so (a 6-year stockpile of beastman's seals sustains me, now, though), however, I know not everyone can.. I've seen more than a few people with worse gear than I who know better about the game than I do.. And I've seen people with far better gear than I who know considerably less..

It's sad.. Many players will say gear doesn't make the player, but I see more people made fun of for their gear on FFXI than for their skill. And at that point.. When access to a lot of end-game shells has an application that's more intensive than a job application, and many of those applications have something to the tune of "What notable pieces of gear do you have?" Well, it just isn't a surprise why someone would rely on RMT..

no wrong windower already does most of what "regular" pc, and console users do. You can create a macro for tp,mp,and even for job ability recasts. SE gave book macro sets which can be didicated to each job for specific subs needs and what else. So stop putting the moral high ground on "pc users" or people who use windower. Since all that people can do on pc/windower can be done by console users. As in a recast macro and knowing when timers are up. So cut the ***.
 Asura.Deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2009-09-11 09:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
back in my day, when the inflation was at its peak, you HAD to buy gil to purchase gear at those outrageous prices.
hogwash!

You have no credibility. Many of us were present during the "peak" of inflation, and no... we didn't HAVE to buy gil. I know this b/c I was there, and I never bought gil. And believe me, HQ staves (and NQ for that matter)were not cheap either. So just b/c I didn't need a Haub doesn't mean I had it easy.

The self-respecting players didn't buy gil. The slackers who wanted the quick fix, did. Maybe it's b/c this is the first/only MMO I have played, and maybe that gives me a different perspective, but I just could never justify buying gil. If I couldn't afford something, I'd stop exping for awhile, make the gil, buy the item, and xp again.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-11 09:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Deodate said:
If I couldn't afford something, I'd stop exping for awhile, make the gil, buy the item, and xp again.

That's crazy talk...stop exping to make gil? CRAZY!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-11 09:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Deodate said:
Kungfuhustle said:
hogwash!

You have no credibility. Many of us were present during the "peak" of inflation, and no... we didn't HAVE to buy gil. I know this b/c I was there, and I never bought gil. And believe me, HQ staves (and NQ for that matter)were not cheap either. So just b/c I didn't need a Haub doesn't mean I had it easy.

The self-respecting players didn't buy gil. The slackers who wanted the quick fix, did. Maybe it's b/c this is the first/only MMO I have played, and maybe that gives me a different perspective, but I just could never justify buying gil. If I couldn't afford something, I'd stop exping for awhile, make the gil, buy the item, and xp again.

Reading 101... I never bought gil either :)

Internet credibility? You can keep that.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-11 09:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

me either, n00bs and dorks buy gil.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2009-09-11 09:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Ludoggy said:

I think you missed the point. He was just making an example of hypocrisy, he's not actually saying smoking is bad. (Although it is, but this is not the time nor place for that ;P)
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-11 09:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dameshi said:
Motokosun said:
Ludoggy said:

I think you missed the point. He was just making an example of hypocrisy, he's not actually saying smoking is bad. (Although it is, but this is not the time nor place for that ;P)

I got it. I decided to share a lil story.
 Asura.Deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2009-09-11 09:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

Reading 101... I never bought gil either :)

Internet credibility? You can keep that.

Reading 101? Try typing 101. Your post doesn't make sense after the first line. Maybe you were trying to be funny or sarcastic or something, but it's unintelligble so who can tell. Not wanting to be credible suits you.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-11 09:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dameshi said:
Motokosun said:
Ludoggy said:

his other grandpa was more healthy than the one that died. genetics and health played a role also.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-11 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
Stanflame said:

no wrong windower already does most of what "regular" pc, and console users do. You can create a macro for tp,mp,and even for job ability recasts. SE gave book macro sets which can be didicated to each job for specific subs needs and what else. So stop putting the moral high ground on "pc users" or people who use windower. Since all that people can do on pc/windower can be done by console users. As in a recast macro and knowing when timers are up. So cut the ***.

You can see Dark Ixion's HP on xbox360? Whats your XBL tag?

What does this have to do with RMT again ? This website policy always draw a line between botting, ffxi-app discussions, hacking (whether it's speed hack, pos hack etc.), RMT. And windower discussions, plugins, etc. Kinda proving that you can't throw everything in the same category beside "not respecting the ToS" which nobody here is doing anyway since we all support the way FFXIah works.

Not gonna start a Nth pointless debate about windower = cheating seriously there was billion of threads about that already.

Also :

Jaerik said:

I've been tempted over the years to revoke FFXIAH.com access for anyone that complains about Windower being an unfair advantage or otherwise harming the game. On a one-strike basis.

Y'know, given they were both originally made by the same people.

I would consider it a favor -- kindly helping folks on their paths to internal consistency, or something.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-11 13:25:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

It gives an advantage over console players, but how many console players don't have a PC? They have a choice of playing on which platform so if they choose to stay on the console then they choose not to have an oppurtunity to have more tools available. I'm a console player and so far I've done fine w/o windower.
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Fairy
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2009-09-11 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I started back in 2005... I spent 1 year being NOOB and BROKE... only had enough gil to buy NQ armor. Then in 2006 I started crafting and got my pocket tarutaru to help me along the way. This game is designed in a way that anyone as a NOOB starts this game won't have much inventory space.
One of the reasons, in my opinion SE keeps expanding Gobbie bags and inventory space is to make each EXPANSION more attractive to keep constant player base. Why not make a GOBBIE BAG 1,000 or 2,500 slots of inventory space, or 100 Auction House slots? They won't because you wont have to make a mule to store all your stuff = less profit for SE.

So new gamers out there are tempted with the easy way out of buying gil... my only advice is to get a couple of mules in Jeuno and do some CRAFTING. It only took me 3 months to get my first million when i took the Crafting road, and after that I have lost count.

If you feel you can farm, or Mine, or Fish, to make gil then go for it. I chose Crafting and all my mules are High level crafters as well. I got to a point I can craft faster than I can farm, so can you, just remmeber this:

SOMETHING GIVEN HAS NO VALUE!!

Even is you spent $75 for that Hagun, or $32 bucks per million, or got your character PWRleveled, it will never feel the SAME as if you earned it by yourself, so GO FARM and always keep that PARTY FLAG up.

Now go farm in PASH MARSHLANDS I'll buy all the Beast bloods, all revival tree root, I will buy all silk, all slime oil, all Beehive chips, for miners I'll buy all you platinum and Darksteel ores, for fisherman's I'll buy all your Black sole, I'll buy all gold coins, all backpaltes, all Iron ingots, etc.
 Fairy.Pwrless
Server: Fairy
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrless 2009-09-11 13:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to {Bio}itch /slap U if you call me pocket tarutaru again!!!!
(b'.')b[]=====>