Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-01-05 18:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mcdonalds said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I am genuinely curious as to what you would do about Warder of Courage and the Zendik Robe.

How would that pricing work?
160 mil and its all yours

I have 18.1mil silt. I'll do it for half the price lol

silt is not the issue there, it's rarity and number of attemps at WoC before you don't get screwed by bene.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-05 18:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure he was gonna brew it, hence the silt tally.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-01-05 19:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes hello, I would like to request your services to beat Tojil and acquire the best H2H in the game, Oatixur. For too long have I, the best Monk on Asura, been stuck with an ilvl 117 weapon because of this fiend. I have attempted to get other H2H, but Ninza +2s are simply too hard in the current game to get. I can contribute to the fight also, I have a level 15 Run sub and my ilvl is 110. Your price of three million gils is too low for this once in a life time opportunity to obtain the legendary Oatixurs.
[+]
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-01-05 19:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Asura.Mcdonalds said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
I am genuinely curious as to what you would do about Warder of Courage and the Zendik Robe.

How would that pricing work?
160 mil and its all yours

I have 18.1mil silt. I'll do it for half the price lol

silt is not the issue there, it's rarity and number of attemps at WoC before you don't get screwed by bene.

Brew = 11mil silt. Still a free kill
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-01-05 19:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not convinced that brew = win on WoC if it spams benediction. Also the drop rate on zendik is not 100%.
[+]
By swordwiz 2016-01-05 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Brew does not = win on Woc been there tried that. As for the good players thinking they should get payed ....... Well yeah if someone you don't know wants your help to get something why wouldn't you charge them. Would you help some random person you have never met build a shed for his yard ? probably not. Moral of the story Nothing that's worth anything in life comes free expect to pay for it if you cant get it yourself.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-05 22:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like Aeonic weapons... You get one after you kill literally every NM in all three Escha zones. But after you do that there is nothing you need to use your Aeonic on.

Abj.Gear +1 and Zendik Robes are just ego. It is nice to know that it can be bought I suppose.

FFXI isn't like other games, where you climb the gear ladder to the top and have nothing to do after you made it to top. It works more like a group of friends log on then go "Hey, let's go kill X NM today, I wanna try my new aeonic."

SE said they'd add more battle fields/smaller content after Feb, so you can still use your aeonic in future content. Otherwise it's still fun to experiment different builds with aeonic in older content. I do a lot of older content that I've cleared, just to experiment different build or faster ways to clear it.

As for the BiS = Ego thing....I'd say you've view it way too negatively. Some ppl likes to explore the potential of the job they love and push the job performance to the max, instead of just "getting the job done". In that case you do need BiS to do so.

Some people went BiS for other reasons, such as wanting to clear super difficult content. If the content is difficult, there are also very little room to settle for lesser gears.

The only bad thing about this whole situation is that now at least one and possibly several other linkshells, full of good competent players that are extremely active at this point in the game's life, feel like they should be paid to help others.

Although I really, really want to give you credit for trying to make FFXI a better community, I still have to point this out:

If you think it's "wrong" to ask for some kind of compensation for other's time, then you don't really understand human nature. Those who pt with you in random shout pt, probably needs stuff from the NM so they're already getting something out of it. Which is not the same as playing together and get nothing out of it.

That's just how things work....how WE work as human being. If we're going to invest time on others, we need some kind of compensation. Some ppl help others for money, some help others for free because they want some sort of satisfaction. Some help their lsmate for free because it's an investment, and their ls may help them in the future.

I've been playing this game and highly involved in FFXI community for years, seen plenty of drama, met plenty of players with different goals and personality. I've met greedy players who ask too much, or players who always help for free. And I can tell you that real "free" help doesn't exist, 90% of time it's the source of drama. Some player who offers free help all the time burned out because they don't get the "compensation"(I don't meant gil here, but more like some kind of return from those who got help) after all those free help they offered. Some player offered free help for personal satisfaction reasons...maybe to show off how easy the content was, or maybe just because they feel good to help others.

Eventually I've learned that gil is really the most drama free compensation to get help/help others, because that's how things work, and it's impossible to change human nature.

Anyways, there's no point to point finger if others ask for gil for their time. If you enjoy helping others for free, go ahead and do it, but you can't ask everyone else to enjoy helping others for free like you do. If you really like to offer free help, action speaks louder than words. You can stand in town and yell "Free gears/delve/vagary win do you need it? /tell" and organize a pt for those who needs gear and clear.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-01-05 22:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you re-branded this whole thread as a linkshell event kind of thing where you were all working on say a mythic or +1 Abjuration sets for your core members it would slide down our throats easier.

It's exacly what they do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Leaden
Server: Phoenix
user: Leaden
By Phoenix.Leaden 2016-01-05 22:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://m.memegenerator.net/instance/49774766 Leave this here..
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-05 22:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

buy zendik off of me for 100m thx lol desu alligator gozaimasu
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-01-05 23:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people want to buy that robe?
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-05 23:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

a lot of fc, a lot of macc, same sphere effect as gyve doublet without having to kill 100 promathia

but mostly the epeen of having something else almost no one else has
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-01-06 00:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Merlanic can get just as much FC and way easier to get, I wouldn't pay anything for it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 00:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just asked about it because it wasn't on the list and WoC is a special case KI wise.

I understand a lot of the counters to my arguments in here and I can appreciate them. But at the same time you don't have to look at this game as if it's your career.

This has nothing to do with playing video game as some sort of career, but more to do with "you make progress on your character" rpg design structure. There ARE players out there that only log on to help others but not making progress on their own, but you have to understand not everyone are like that. At least 80%~90% of players log on to make progress on their character.....lv up a craft, lv a new job, work on a gear, work on a mythic.

Anytime you're helping a stranger and get no compensation, you're slowing down your own character progress.

I understand paying for a clear as a casual gamer and that's fine. But if you are considering it. I implore you to shout first. There are people out there that will help for fun.

I help out for fun.....occasionally. But it's not possible for me to help EVERY SINGLE player that needs clear, nobody get time for that. It's also not possible for me to organize a pt for them because it's such a pain in the *** in this game to organize pt and shout for ppl. So that means when I do help ppl, lsmate/friends gets priority but not complete strangers.

Also for those who are paying for wins, I believe "not wanting to shout and deal with strangers" is exactly the reason why they're paying. So why are you asking them to try shout first :p It's something they're avoiding already.

As I said, action speaks louder than words. If you enjoy helping out others so much, try to shout "Escha T3 gears do you need it? Free!" and make a pt for those who needs it. All the poor souls that needs gears/clear would love you forever if you do that for them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 01:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I just asked about it because it wasn't on the list and WoC is a special case KI wise.

I understand a lot of the counters to my arguments in here and I can appreciate them. But at the same time you don't have to look at this game as if it's your career.

This has nothing to do with playing video game as some sort of career, but more to do with "you make progress on your character" rpg design structure. There ARE players out there that only log on to help others but not making progress on their own, but you have to understand not everyone are like that. At least 80%~90% of players log on to make progress on their character.....lv up a craft, lv a new job, work on a gear, work on a mythic.

Anytime you're helping a stranger and get no compensation, you're slowing down your own character progress.

I understand paying for a clear as a casual gamer and that's fine. But if you are considering it. I implore you to shout first. There are people out there that will help for fun.

I help out for fun.....occasionally. But it's not possible for me to help EVERY SINGLE player that needs clear, nobody get time for that. It's also not possible for me to organize a pt for them because it's such a pain in the *** in this game to organize pt and shout for ppl. So that means when I do help ppl, lsmate/friends gets priority but not complete strangers.

Also for those who are paying for wins, I believe "not wanting to shout and deal with strangers" is exactly the reason why they're paying. So why are you asking them to try shout first :p It's something they're avoiding already.

As I said, action speaks louder than words. If you enjoy helping out others so much, try to shout "Escha T3 gears do you need it? Free!" and make a pt for those who needs it. All the poor souls that needs gears/clear would love you forever if you do that for them.

Another one of these "my pixels" have meaning sorta guys.

You know there are players on the other side of your false sense of achievement, right?
No one is saying anyone can help anyone and everyone and no one is saying that.

I don't understand exactly WHICH statement that I have has ever mentioned anything even related to "achievement". It's all about human nature.

If anything I believe you work on "your pixel" more than I do with all that shiny gears too....otherwise you won't even mention your hmp progress in blu thread every once a while.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-06 02:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Abj.Gear +1

Abj +1 gear isn't just ego since SE recently updated them. They now have a crap ton of accuracy along with better augments and set bonus's. Plus you've always been able to "just buy" HQ abj, the hard part isn't the abjuration but the -1 Jinxed / Voodoo item. Paying 10 mil for the abjuration is cheap when your looking to pay 60~200+ mil for the HQ synth.

If you think it's "wrong" to ask for some kind of compensation for other's time, then you don't really understand human nature. Those who pt with you in random shout pt, probably needs stuff from the NM so they're already getting something out of it. Which is not the same as playing together and get nothing out of it.

That's just how things work....how WE work as human being. If we're going to invest time on others, we need some kind of compensation. Some ppl help others for money, some help others for free because they want some sort of satisfaction. Some help their lsmate for free because it's an investment, and their ls may help them in the future.

This is known as a covert contract and is a form of social contract. I help you do something, and in return there is an unstated expectation that you will return the favor sometime in the future. These kinds of contracts are usually bad things because they cause all sorts of drama and discontent. One side invariably fails to meet the unstated expectations of the other and could legitimately believe they were getting help "for free". One side feels "cheated" because they silently expected the other to give them future assistance, and the other feels "put upon" by unwarranted demands they never agreed to.

Mercing items on the other hand is much more honest, the expectations of both sides are stated and agreed upon prior to anything being exchanged. Exchanging favors is also more honest, though not as much as currency exchange, provided both sides verbally agree ahead of time to do so.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 02:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
This is known as a covert contract and is a form of social contract. I help you do something, and in return there is an unstated expectation that you will return the favor sometime in the future. These kinds of contracts are usually bad things because they cause all sorts of drama and discontent. One side invariably fails to meet the unstated expectations of the other and could legitimately believe they were getting help "for free". One side feels "cheated" because they silently expected the other to give them future assistance, and the other feels "put upon" by unwarranted demands they never agreed to.

God you put this into words way better than I did. Having to deal with all sorts of drama for YEARS due to this human behavior lead me to believe that gil really is the easiest way to to avoid drama.

Sadly some ppl just gonna twist it into something else and brought up the achievement talk.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 02:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I comment on grinding plates. I comment on 10 million things. What is your point besides you are trying to draw a conclusion about someone you don't know?

ppl draw a conclusion about someone based on what they say or act, all the time. What do you expect ;p.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-06 11:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you expect ;p.

Nothing.

However, some seem to expect gil :P

Most expect gil/gear/a chance to cyber/w/e. That's why whenever I make a group for anything I make sure everyone gets stuff/compensation and are happy with their investment with their time, because if they don't then 90% of time it'll turn into drama in the future.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-06 12:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania you always take part in these threads where you think you should be worshipped for your time played and no one else could dare be on your level. (See you posts about Afterglow). While I'm sure everyone is super appreciative of you graciousness in parties, at the end of the day you have to realize you just come off as a self-aggrandizing little boy.

Do you even realize that when you are in this game your character is a digital hypocrite. In the story you are a selfless adventurer making Vanadiel a better place but underneath that forced exterior is a sad boy confused about why the real world doesn't see or care about how great he thinks he is.

Whatever, to each his own. Merc if you want. Buy clears if you want. Think you are better than everyone if you want. Help others if you want. The game world doesn't have to mirror the real world. At the end of the day you need to just be accountable for you and live with it.

The main point people are trying to get across in this thread is:
Those prices are absurd.
/thread

I understand Afania's point. People time is precious. Time spend helping others can be spent working on your own chars which is prob everybody goal, or time spent sleeping, with families etc. helping a good buddy is time well spent as you know that buddy will help you when needed as well.

While some prices like delve or T1 Escha is not worth the price, its their price. Any lower and it's not WoRTh their time to Merc. This shouldn't be so hard to understand? Since you thinks let's say 1 million for delve and T1s Would it make you feel better if they put:

Delve price: "service closed due to not worth it to merc"
T1 " also not worth it to merc"

?
[+]
By swordwiz 2016-01-06 13:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

T1/delve price is there for anyone who might wish i quick clear/win/item. Most people won't need it but its there all the same incase they do That being said still waiting on the
Quote:
"Escha T3 gears do you need it?Free!
shouts to happen
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8