Forum » FFXI » Escha » Reisenjima Goblins
Reisenjima Goblins
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-11 12:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing these prices are just placeholders. SE doesn't expect anyone to pay these prices, they're just showing us the system they are trying to implement, then in the future it will be evaluated and changed to include realistic prices. Hopefully I'm not wrong.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 14:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I'm guessing these prices are just placeholders. SE doesn't expect anyone to pay these prices, they're just showing us the system they are trying to implement, then in the future it will be evaluated and changed to include realistic prices. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

I'm hoping too, but it's totally believable that SE would implement the system as it is

I mean it took 100 merits to even unlock the system
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-11 15:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Simian Horn x12 ==> Uh... Meeble Burrows? Maybe?

It drops from Sauromugue Campaign path mega boss, the ape and it is not even a common drop <.<

the common drop is ntohing lol.

sucks doing those bosses even at 119 they still pack a wallop
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-11 15:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

no i think its working as intended they want people do play game long time so this the way to do that.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-11 16:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Traded 99 Ancient Beastcoins, I can now buy the Relic +1 crafting materials for 500 merits apiece.

This system has potential, granted no one is going to be lining up to buy Hofuds and Chameleon Yarns for 500 merits each, but in the long run, and for many already, merits are basically useless as is. Might as well dump them to the Goblin in that case.

Would be nice if eventually we can buy REM items with them, if it was a reasonable trade off.

A full 75 merits for say 75 Alexandrites may be too generous of a trade-off in SE's eyes, but it's pretty close to reasonable in terms of time/reward, and probably less efficient than farming Salvage, but infinitely more spammable.

Something less, like 5 merits for an Alexandrite seems barely worth it though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-11 17:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Siren.Clinpachii said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Maybe things get better with higher tiers...???? Because I feel like I just threw my mythic eyepatch in the trash

You did my friend. You did. In the name of science.

where's my Nobel Prize?

I'm compelled by morbid curiosity to keep going...

Wrong quest! Thats for Obis
By Sonja 2015-11-14 15:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin 2 gear costs 5000 merits after a second eyepatch.
[+]
By ibm2431 2015-11-14 15:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sonja said: »

Your sacrifices in the name of science shalln't be forgotten.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-14 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sonja said: »

omg
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-11-14 16:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
A full 75 merits for say 75 Alexandrites may be too generous of a trade-off in SE's eyes, but it's pretty close to reasonable in terms of time/reward, and probably less efficient than farming Salvage, but infinitely more spammable.

Those numbers are just as silly though. I'm not certain if you've had a CP/Silt party in Reisenjima yet, but it's pretty crazy, specially if you're AoEing. Had a group last night with a Blu, Bst, Sch, Cor, Geo and a leeching Mnk. Capping out 60 merits in under 10 minutes was extremely easy. With how things are set up, it's not that time consuming to warp to the goblin, dump all of your merits, and get right back to killing in under a minute. Not that this justifies the price for the current (mostly useless) offerings from the goblin.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2015-11-14 17:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Trading in the second "Limbus Clomper" request of 198 Ancient Beastcoins adds the option to purchase the 5 pieces of Arch-Omega and Arch-Ultima for 5,000 merits each.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-14 18:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming that each "goodness" tier caps at 2?
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-14 18:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Shiva.Francisco said: »

Those numbers are just as silly though. I'm not certain if you've had a CP/Silt party in Reisenjima yet, but it's pretty crazy, specially if you're AoEing. Had a group last night with a Blu, Bst, Sch, Cor, Geo and a leeching Mnk. Capping out 60 merits in under 10 minutes was extremely easy. With how things are set up, it's not that time consuming to warp to the goblin, dump all of your merits, and get right back to killing in under a minute. Not that this justifies the price for the current (mostly useless) offerings from the goblin.

That's fair. I was really think of it more as merit dumping being an afterthought to getting JPs, a bonus, and not a targeted activity. Perhaps a daily limit on currency would be in order, if there's no reasonable balance that allows it to be uncapped, because who is going to care about dumping merits if it's like 1 Alexandrite for 100 merit points?

300 Alexandrites per day for 300 merits, reasonable? Would still take a while to reach the daily limit, etc...

The empyrean equivalent would be 15 HMP daily for 300 merits.

Not that they're doing any of this, but it would be a nice thing to do, especially for Empyrean weapons, which are just awful to upgrade past 90.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-14 19:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... I wonder if they'll make Sagasinger obtainable through the goblins.
[+]
By Sonja 2015-11-14 19:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Trading 12 Abdhaljs's Honor opened "Legion clomper goodness" which has Shara's fists: 500 pts and Kawasemi: 500 pts.
Next tier costs 24 Abdhaljs's Honor.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-11-14 22:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the items are at https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Emporox

I'm more interested at the moment at what happens after you get the malformed KI from the other goblin and what the requirements are.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-15 00:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to rekill all the Zitah NMs as next step after getting the malformed KI:

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-15 00:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
You have to rekill all the Zitah NMs as next step after getting the malformed KI:

If Kirin and AV2 end up on that list, whole buncha people aren't going to be making this weapon until they have enough silt for brews.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-15 01:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

are you *** kidding me? >.<

Honestly this last update has been super shitty in almost every way that isn't related to story/music/aesthetics
By TheRealGoat 2015-11-15 01:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirin v2 isn't hard, we have killed it quite a few times now, pretty much on farm status.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-15 05:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

TheRealGoat said: »
Kirin v2 isn't hard for me, we have killed it quite a few times now, pretty much on farm status.

Ftfy. Many people don't even have the opportunity unless they can ever find a solid LS that would be willing to sell them the clear, which will get harder and harder to come across as time goes by.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-11-15 05:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing given me problem in zitah is helms
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-15 05:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Warder of Courage confirmed by my friend
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-15 06:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously...?
God damm thats gonna be rough... Welp we're not gonna see many of these....
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-15 10:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished Zitah myself now. Was funny when Pazuzu popped after killing Belladonna and got killed, too. Also had wrathhare pop once which we also killed Duo... sadly it died to Helix unclaimed.

Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2015-11-15 11:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To me this requirement doesn't seem that bad. Its basically, "Hey! Go do some content with friends!" The only annoying one looks like warder of courage which if someone wanted it they could probably pay a group for a clear. I doubt clears would be over 100M since we don't know what the next step is. Considering ergons are still at the 300M-500M price range thats not so bad. ALso like someone else said, brews are now a thing and it may lower in price once you kill the final boss of Reisanjima ( i don't think anyone has killed this yet). Furthermore the gear from Rasenjima blows most things out the water, so everyone should be getting a power spike soon which should make kirin and warder easier.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-15 11:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not underestimate Warder of Courage. These people have been at it quite a bit only to get fd by Benediction over and over:

YouTube Video Placeholder

And ya they already have most of the new Reisen gear.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-11-15 12:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
To me this requirement doesn't seem that bad. Its basically, "Hey! Go do some content with friends!"

Eh, it seems like an incredibly poor decision for them to make to me. While we don't know for sure how game population and such will be going into next year and beyond, the much safer bet would have been to keep requirements more moderate. This is taking a potential hook to maintain subscriptions and putting it behind a wall that (thus far) very few will be able to get past.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-15 13:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
To me this requirement doesn't seem that bad. Its basically, "Hey! Go do some content with friends!"

Eh, it seems like an incredibly poor decision for them to make to me. While we don't know for sure how game population and such will be going into next year and beyond, the much safer bet would have been to keep requirements more moderate. This is taking a potential hook to maintain subscriptions and putting it behind a wall that (thus far) very few will be able to get past.
First to needing the silt to brew wins a shiny new aeonic, that or having to clear all reisien NMs first.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-15 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, WoC won't be much of an issue with someone semi-competent with
a brew.

Could also rack up a bunch of gil from people who'll leech your brew clear. Haven't touched recent content, just how long would it take to acquire the necessary silt for a brew?