Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-11-15 13:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
The only annoying one looks like warder of courage which if someone wanted it they could probably pay a group for a clear.

The power spike from this update wasn't that big that suddenly Kirin/AV are now easier. I'd say their difficulty remains unchanged for the most part. Couple that with only a handful of NAs across all servers have beat Kirin and 0 have killed AV(our 10% from another attempt being the closest I've heard about), I highly doubt it will be easy to just "buy the clear" even if you offered something like 100M+ in the NA community.

Asura.Loire said: »
First to needing the silt to brew wins a shiny new aeonic, that or having to clear all reisien NMs first.

Let's not forget Kouryu's massive -DT trait that needs Rayke to bypass and WoC's myriad of things that will ruin your day. I don't think it's as simple as getting brew = win, but I'm sure some poor soul will think this and blow 11M silt trying.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-11-15 14:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Kirin was that hard compared to AV but I do have doubts that brew = insta win either way.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-15 14:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Well, WoC won't be much of an issue with someone semi-competent with
a brew.

Could also rack up a bunch of gil from people who'll leech your brew clear. Haven't touched recent content, just how long would it take to acquire the necessary silt for a brew?

One of my LS members spent about 3 hours AoE killing on Beastmaster in Zi'tah and made about 500,000k silt. He's the toppest of top teir, so an average player might make less than that solo. Actual parties might make more.

Not a short thing, but not super long.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-11-15 14:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
The power spike from this update wasn't that big that suddenly Kirin/AV are now easier. I'd say their difficulty remains unchanged for the most part.

The biggest powerspike this update came from the fact you can buy revitalizers in Escha if you killed enough trashmobs.

This enables your GEOs to bolster twice in a fight.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [968 days between previous and next post]
By Justuas 2018-07-10 10:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Seriously...?
God damm thats gonna be rough... Welp we're not gonna see many of these....
This makes me lol. Interesting that people thought this was going to be the case.