The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 149 150 151
By Tarage 2018-09-10 21:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana:

LOLClaustrum:

IDKHvergelmir:

MehKhatvanga:

Only one worth upgrading is the Nirvana. Well... saves us some effort.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 03:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This furtherly reduces the small pro Gridarvor had in some rare situations (with slightly more acc than Nirvana).
Think it's fair, even though Nirvana deserved more but whateves, can keep fingers crossed for next augment in 1-2 years from now lol

@Frod can we get more insight on Necks comparison?
I understand +2 is BiS for everything but that's alas beyond my reach.
What about NQ and +1 more in detail to what you already did in the previous page, comparing to previously available options (which I guess amounts only to Shulmanu and Adad?) in various situations for various BPs?

Various BPs I guess are:
1) Debuff Wards
2) Magic DMG BPs
3) Physical (TP carry)
4) Hybrid
5) Physical (Non TP carry)

Number 5 is kinda irrelevant though, so I'm not sure we should care whatever the winner is, right?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-11 04:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
This furtherly reduces the small pro Gridarvor had in some rare situations (with slightly more acc than Nirvana).
Think it's fair, even though Nirvana deserved more but whateves, can keep fingers crossed for next augment in 1-2 years from now lol

@Frod can we get more insight on Necks comparison?
I understand +2 is BiS for everything but that's alas beyond my reach.
What about NQ and +1 more in detail to what you already did in the previous page, comparing to previously available options (which I guess amounts only to Shulmanu and Adad?) in various situations for various BPs?

Various BPs I guess are:
1) Debuff Wards
2) Magic DMG BPs
3) Physical (TP carry)
4) Hybrid
5) Physical (Non TP carry)

Number 5 is kinda irrelevant though, so I'm not sure we should care whatever the winner is, right?
1. Macc vs macc. Summoner's +2 wins on just that. Summoner's +1 ties adad. but also has int and mnd.
2. The rough 2.5 mab vs 1 bpd ratio. Adad only has 10 mab, so the rough equivalent to 4 bpd. The collars are 6, 8 and 10 bpd. Double check with perg's calc.
3. The rough .55 da, .35 bpd ratio. Shulmanu is 5 da, so 2.75, necks are 2.1, 2.8, 3.5. Attack is probably moot due to the stat modifiers and wouldn't be suprised to see even nq pull over shul because of them.
4. Pure bpd. Same ratio as 2 considered.
5. Non ftp pacts really only have bpd and stats for their modifiers.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-11 04:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like +1 is a good compromise for non-career SMNs like me.
For 10 mils it sounds sorta worth it I guess.
Now finding it it's another story... Price will likely rise I suppose.

Thanks for your time Frod!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-12 11:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping to have some time in dynamis d tonight and potentially purchasing ***to push the new staff to a testable level for later. The first tier is 1% for all 3 stats, so it will need some work to be useable.

If the rp system is the same 6980 point requirement as other gear that will work out to approximately 60-70 mil to buy outright at current overblown pricing, not something I want to sink into after already paying 550m for the damned thing.
 Asura.Elflegolas
user: Elf23
By Asura.Elflegolas 2018-09-12 12:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
I'm hoping to have some time in dynamis d tonight and potentially purchasing ***to push the new staff to a testable level for later. The first tier is 1% for all 3 stats, so it will need some work to be useable.

If the rp system is the same 6980 point requirement as other gear that will work out to approximately 60-70 mil to buy outright at current overblown pricing, not something I want to sink into after already paying 550m for the damned thing.

Very interested in seeing what the "chance at doubling BP status" ends up amounting to. We SMNs are all eagerly awaiting your results! Thanks for what you're doing.
By Tarage 2018-09-12 18:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see it either be an actual doubling of the effect, or possibly a free apogee-esque thing where you BP and instantly skip the cooldown.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-12 18:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I could see it either be an actual doubling of the effect, or possibly a free apogee-esque thing where you BP and instantly skip the cooldown.

i suspect it's simply the Empy armor set bonus in aug form. Double duration of pacts.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-12 22:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp. Got staff to rank 12, 14% DA, 12% "doubling status"

Spammed a bunch of hastegas and crimson howls and did not see a double duration pact. Also did not see a double potency warcry.
Last thing i can think of to test would be debuffs on a target i guess.

Going to push staff further via crystals and do more testing before i attempt anything with DA to make it easier.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-12 23:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried any damage pacts? My first thought when I saw the augment was, double the pet's stats (STR/INT/etc).

Edit:
Found the description in japanese which is similar to what I was guessing. Looks like double the WSC.

ステータス補正二倍
 Asura.Elflegolas
By Asura.Elflegolas 2018-09-13 06:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah them throwing the word "status" on there implies it's likely affecting ward BPs, but maybe go spam some t4 rage nukes to see if one jumps out and doubles (similar to boon proc on emp gear like you mentioned). Would be absolutely broken
 Asura.Fuzzydice
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-09-14 12:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you guys say are the best Aug's for Apogee?

I have abj for Body, hands and feet but plan on getting the rest.Although i'm not sure I should go for legs since I have a max aug SR leg.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 12:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fuzzydice said: »

I have abj for Body, hands and feet but plan on getting the rest.Although i'm not sure I should go for legs since I have a max aug SR leg.

Hqs right?

You 'need'.
Magic and physical head
Magic body
Magic and path d legs
Magic and physical feet
Path d hands.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-09-14 12:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hqs right?

You 'need'.
Magic and physical head
Magic body
Magic and path d legs
Magic and physical feet
Path d hands.

Can physical head/feet be replaced by helios?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 14:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Hqs right?

You 'need'.
Magic and physical head
Magic body
Magic and path d legs
Magic and physical feet
Path d hands.

For volt/chaotic/pred claws yes. But not for all pacts.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-09-14 15:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Hqs right?

You 'need'.
Magic and physical head
Magic body
Magic and path d legs
Magic and physical feet
Path d hands.

For volt/chaotic/pred claws yes. But not for all pacts.

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply!
By Tarage 2018-09-14 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic body is better than Covoker's +3?

Also Helios Feet are better for Volt than Apogee Physical?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-14 18:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic body is better than Covoker's +3?
Yes, unless you desperately need magic accuracy. Going from Convoker+3 to Apogee+1, you can expect to see about a 4% damage increase when unresisted. (Depends on your other gear.)

Also Helios Feet are better for Volt than Apogee Physical?
Yes, usually by a margin of about 2-3% damage in the long run when compared to Apogee Pumps +1.

P.S. I would add to Frod's list a second body with path D for idle (Refresh +3 and Pet:DT-4%) if you really want to have it all.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 21:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out one thing. Seeing double damage melee hits on lowlevel stuff.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 21:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

that's the first augment, not the blood pact related one.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-14 21:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
that's the first augment, not the blood pact related one.

Also hitting this lowlevel stuff with volt, so killing it with the first hit. seeing variances of about 1000 damage (so hitting for between 11000 and 13000) but nothing outright double damage.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-14 21:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the first augment about double attacks is just a chance at double damage and only on auto attacks, though. i don’t know how the blood pact one works
 Asura.Elflegolas
By Asura.Elflegolas 2018-09-14 22:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you also tested to see if maybe the doubling of "BP status" procs insta next BP/resets timer to zero? Kinda like a random free apogee?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-15 07:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elflegolas said: »
Have you also tested to see if maybe the doubling of "BP status" procs insta next BP/resets timer to zero? Kinda like a random free apogee?

i would have seen that during my testing other abilities, so no.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-15 10:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be happy to know that the double damage melee hits also apply to spirits.
[+]
By Tarage 2018-09-16 00:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding magic Apogee +1 legs, aren't perfect Enticer's Pants better?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2018-09-16 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
Regarding magic Apogee +1 legs, aren't perfect Enticer's Pants better?
i think if you look through this forum it has been stated before, below a certain tp threshold and for merit blood pacts ith less than 3 merits into it they are and there was various results on other magical blood pacts i think but im going from memory.

That's what I thought too. I have merits in all of them because I find the utility of having them beats out capping two so I'm something like 1 1 1 1 3 3. I suppose I'm missing some damage but magic BPs were never the workhorse of SMN anyway. Thanks.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-16 14:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why yes, it's 3 am and i can't sleep, so i made a thing!

Updated chart to 7 tics (~21 seconds) i also think i had something minor off on the previous (spoilered) info, as 4 merit pacts with everything stacked comes out to 3010 TP.

I'm aware that counting crystal blessing pretty much only makes this viable for shiva. but it still shows promise. I wonder how apogee +1 parses vs enticer's with it all up, considering the 150/400 tp loss.

In a conduit situation, we lose 780/910 TP each pact, depending on if we get a tick in before pact or not.

also
Asura.Avallon said: »
I've been looking at Claustrum myself actually. I have room for 1-2 more projects while finishing up my RNG update.

Getting indy done would mean being sole duo dps on at least two helm nms, and in general would be useful to have.... but i can't help myself when it comes to useless expensive as *** lockstyle pieces.
By Tarage 2018-09-16 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, for my situation it's best to just go with Enticers. Also I too made Claustrum as a lolLockstyle piece. Even afterglowed it. That was before the new super expensive *** came out though, so I probably should have saved that money.

Speaking of big blue, does it beat Grioavolr for magic or is Grioavolr still the king?
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 149 150 151