The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-16 16:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
So yeah, for my situation it's best to just go with Enticers. Also I too made Claustrum as a lolLockstyle piece. Even afterglowed it. That was before the new super expensive *** came out though, so I probably should have saved that money.

Speaking of big blue, does it beat Grioavolr for magic or is Grioavolr still the king?

draumstafir has nothing to do for magic damage pacts. the last major test i need to do is on debuffs. i'm frankly hoping it does double potency for impact, THAT would be useful.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-17 19:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to diorama gelshba, a zone i probably haven't been in in a decade, and nuked a paladin with impact and ultimate terror.
30+ attempts each and no double potency procs. debuff timer seemed consistent, but was not watched.
 Asura.Kizachi
user: Wolfie
By Asura.Kizachi 2018-09-18 10:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Went to diorama gelshba, a zone i probably haven't been in in a decade, and nuked a paladin with impact and ultimate terror.
30+ attempts each and no double potency procs. debuff timer seemed consistent, but was not watched.

so TL:DR, it's just a lazy man's Nirvana? That sucks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-18 10:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how much it costs, not sure I would call it "lazy man" lol

I'm still confident this weapon holds potential and we just have to nail down how the effect works. I'm sure some JP vana'diel thingy in the near future will clarify some of these strange stats with wonky translations.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-18 10:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There's really nothing left to try.

It's not double pact damage. It's not occassionally uses pact twice. It's not double buff duration/potency, it's not double debuff duration/potency

The only thing it can still be is broken, or faster avatar favor/double favor strength
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-18 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kizachi said: »

Not even a lazy man's nirvana. Currently it's half a nirvana.
20 bpd
 Asura.Kizachi
user: Wolfie
By Asura.Kizachi 2018-09-18 10:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

20 bpd

Was+2, was judging it off your previous statement that is was somewhere between nirvana and AM

Maybe they just misspelled Blood boon on the augment ;D
Could pair it with AF3+3 set in the future if that's the case.
By Tarage 2018-09-18 13:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's bugged? Wouldn't be the first time SE released bugged content and then went "Whoops, people are already at that? ***, brb actually writing the code needed for this to work..."
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-18 17:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

20 bpd

Was+2, was judging it off your previous statement that is was somewhere between nirvana and AM

it's not between a nirvana and am nirvana.
it would only be there if the double attack was actually double attack that worked on bloodpacts, and it isn't. It's random double white damage on regular melee hits, no known effect on bloodpact rages. Right now in BP damage sense, Draumstafir is looking to be a was-1.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-18 19:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity, did impact do the exact same damage every time when you tested?
 Asura.Elflegolas
user: Elf23
By Asura.Elflegolas 2018-09-18 20:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So BP wards such as Ifrit’s warcry etc never show double the attack boost etc? This thing is turning out to be such a letdown after having such promising SOUNDING stats....
By Tarage 2018-09-18 21:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

20 bpd

it's not between a nirvana and am nirvana.
it would only be there if the double attack was actually double attack that worked on bloodpacts, and it isn't. It's random double white damage on regular melee hits, no known effect on bloodpact rages. Right now in BP damage sense, Draumstafir is looking to be a was-1.

Wow... sorry you wasted the money on it then.

And really wtf. "Chance of doubling blood pact status" that doesn't apply to blood pacts? That HAS to be bugged.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Eckskalibur
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Eckskalibur 2018-09-19 06:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing again casually and it'll be a long while before I'll get to complete a Nirvana. In the meantime, is Grioavolr the best option? Or is there something better?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-19 06:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Just out of curiosity, did impact do the exact same damage every time when you tested?
was nuking it without a BPD/mab set on (mostly just sitting in refresh and perp 'cause of ballista). lowest was 393, highest was 660. a few 498s.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-19 06:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elflegolas said: »
This thing is turning out to be such a letdown after having such promising SOUNDING stats....

The entire su5 line in a nutshell.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-19 07:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost want to get a japanese translator to post a 'hey what gives? This ***don't work!' Post on the forums to follow.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-19 10:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eckskalibur said: »
I'm playing again casually and it'll be a long while before I'll get to complete a Nirvana. In the meantime, is Grioavolr the best option? Or is there something better?
Grioavolr is a magic BP staff, it even beats Nirvana in that department.

As for physical BPs, the next best thing after Nirvana is Gridarvor, the staff from Oboro which is really easy to get. I recommend picking one up!
 Bismarck.Eckskalibur
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Eckskalibur 2018-09-19 18:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect! Thanks. I definitely should have dug into this thread before looking at the gear sets on the first page.

Wasted a few stacks of stones augmenting a keraunos, but live and learn heh.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-19 20:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

was nuking it without a BPD/mab set on (mostly just sitting in refresh and perp 'cause of ballista). lowest was 393, highest was 660. a few 498s.

Mmmm, impact should be the same damage every time against the same target right?

The reason I'm asking is, it's supposed to be double WSC, which doesn't necessarily turn out to double dmg. BP's have pretty high base dmg, so I'd only expect double WSC to be like, a 20-30% increase in dmg to BP's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-20 15:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm, impact should be the same damage every time against the same target right?
Impact can be resisted, you're probably thinking of Night Terror. Night Terror has 100% magic accuracy and will always deal the same damage to the same target with the same TP & buffs.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-20 19:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Impact can be resisted, you're probably thinking of Night Terror. Night Terror has 100% magic accuracy and will always deal the same damage to the same target with the same TP & buffs.

I meant barring resists, considering the target was a 119 paladin, resists shouldn't be an issue.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-21 07:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eckskalibur said: »
Perfect! Thanks. I definitely should have dug into this thread before looking at the gear sets on the first page.

Wasted a few stacks of stones augmenting a keraunos, but live and learn heh.

Save the keraunos. Throw a couple stones at it and get the elemental siphon augment.

Re: bloodpact damage modifiers and draum. I wouldn't be suprised if it had some minor modifier to bloodpact damage. But i didn't see anything of note in the oddball tests i've done so far. I saw no damage differences at all against trash lvl1 mobs in sarut with netherblast. And doing volt against low level trash (so it kills with first hit) produced a damage variation of like 11k to 13k. Similar situation witb levi's 1hit pact.

The case still stands that it practically needs double damage procs (on single hits) to compete with nirvana. If in fact it does do anything to bp damage. If not, its a novelty we can't take advantage of.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-21 08:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned in another thread, but nether blast has no stat component, it's lvl and mab/bpd based only.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-21 14:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned in another thread, but nether blast has no stat component, it's lvl and mab/bpd based only.
And i said i used both volt's first hit as well as spinning dive and saw no major variations.

Only thing i could do is parse a number of t4 burns and post the individual pact hits, comparing nirvana to a finished draum.

I'm currently at level 17.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-21 22:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

you said you saw from 11~13k, which is around the 20% mark that I mentioned above.

I don't understand why you refuse to try using night terror.
By Tarage 2018-10-01 01:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gone back about 50 pages and can't find a single max myrkr set. Is anyone willing to share?
By Wotasu 2018-10-01 02:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually look in ffxiah itemset list, sometimes you get a decent update one, https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/337577
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-10-05 16:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Two questions if I may:

First, I am so utterly confused about max enticers pants vs apogee slacks +1 path A vs apogee slacks +1 path D and when to use which where and why, and maybe the why can educate me a little. I thought enticers was best for physical/hybrid because of the TP bonus but I see a lot of people say apogee A for hybrid and apogee D for physical. And some people use enticers for magical? I don’t get it. At all. Help. ;(

Also, for non-Nirv summoners wouldn’t grio (with a decent aug) be better than Grid for hybrid pacts? My grio is BP+10 pet int+5 and pet MAB +23. According to the heretical art guide on bg wiki it says to use, basically, a physical based weapon but I am getting wayyyy better flaming crush numbers with grio than grid. Granted this was just messing around on aerns in ru’aun.

Cheers folks.
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 149 150 151