The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-08-19 17:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Does anyone have a 50 PDT set without swapping out Nirvana/Elan Strap?

This is the set that I use:

ItemSet 349304

The cape has PDT-10 on it, and I got really lucky with the feet augment they have PDT-2 Refresh+2 which means the set is 50 PDT, capped perp down, and 9 refresh.

That is with Alber Strap though, so without the DM augment or grip swapping, the set would be at 46 PDT. You could swap in Regal Belt though to mostly fix it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-31 21:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea how useful Kyrene's earring is?
Stats:
Pet: Acc + 15, R.acc + 15, M.acc + 15, DA + 3, Damage taken + 10%, "Blood Pact" damage +1

Other than the DA, how useful is that blood pact dmg? Is it like other BP gear and is a direct %? (Being 1% here) Or does it do something more?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-08-31 22:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Stats:
Pet: Acc + 15, R.acc + 15, M.acc + 15, DA + 3, Damage taken + 10%, "Blood Pact" damage +1

Other than the DA, how useful is that blood pact dmg? Is it like other BP gear and is a direct %? (Being 1% here) Or does it do something more?

Me and pergatory were discussing it earlier today. for the major pacts volt strike and predator claws it's basically on par with Gelos earring. slightly ahead if you aren't using any major DA sources like relic body +3 or af hands +3, slightly behind gelos if you are using either of those pieces. because of the pet acc, it might be slightly better to use overall.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-01 08:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Stats:

Me and pergatory were discussing it earlier today. for the major pacts volt strike and predator claws it's basically on par with Gelos earring. slightly ahead if you aren't using any major DA sources like relic body +3 or af hands +3, slightly behind gelos if you are using either of those pieces. because of the pet acc, it might be slightly better to use overall.

Hmm, I'm not particularly well versed in Smn gear as of yet. Is it worth it to use both the earrings together? Or is there a better combo?
By Wotasu 2018-09-01 08:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lugalbanda earring BP+10 Avatar Acc/racc/macc +15
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-01 09:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »

Ah, right right. So yeah, the earring is super meh. Kk lol.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-01 11:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »

Ah, right right. So yeah, the earring is super meh. Kk lol.

for most situations it's second place behind lugal, so you'd still use it. Personal preference on if it's worth the pricetag tho.
By lhova 2018-09-04 16:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone point me to acc sets for Ann now (maybe best tier and right below that). The guide has a lot of Helios stuff and not sure if that stuff is outdated. Hoping to go the non luck based augmented route. Also probably a dumb question but just trying to verify, volt Strike, flame crush, heaven strike are all magic bp needing mab right? Thanks trying to get my master non nirvana smn respectful for WOC, D/VD ambu, Tier 4 Resin nms.
By Tarage 2018-09-04 16:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Can anyone point me to acc sets for Ann now (maybe best tier and right below that). The guide has a lot of Helios stuff and not sure if that stuff is outdated. Hoping to go the non luck based augmented route. Also probably a dumb question but just trying to verify, volt Strike, flame crush, heaven strike are all magic bp needing mab right? Thanks trying to get my master non nirvana smn respectful for WOC, D/VD ambu, Tier 4 Resin nms.

The short answer is you won't. You need to have master or Nirvana. Having neither means you are seriously gimped on your damage and accuracy for those NMs. You're trying to tackle super end game content with a job you don't have end game ready. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. You will be leeching.

Also no, Volt Strike has no MAB factor. It's all physical/multi hit. HS is pure mab, but FC is hybrid.
By lhova 2018-09-04 17:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

@Tarage I’m figuring my English isn’t too good because I’m sure I stated that I’m master but I don’t have nirvana. My goal isn’t to leech, my goal is to upgrade my gear but I don’t invsion getting nirvana. But if you could point me in the direction of epgraded dream and high tier gearsets, I’d be truly grateful.
By lhova 2018-09-04 17:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »

The short answer is you won't. You need to have master or Nirvana. Having neither means you are seriously gimped on your damage and accuracy for those NMs. You're trying to tackle super end game content with a job you don't have end game ready. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. You will be leeching.

Also no, Volt Strike has no MAB factor. It's all physical/multi hit. HS is pure mab, but FC is hybrid.
By Tarage 2018-09-04 17:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I read that as "I'm trying to get my master" as in you haven't gotten it yet.
By lhova 2018-09-04 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I read that as "I'm trying to get my master" as in you haven't gotten it yet.

It’s np, but could you point me in the right direction to some gearsets?
By Tarage 2018-09-04 18:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

All of my gear is super end game. I'm afraid I can't give you a downgraded version.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2018-09-04 22:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I read that as "I'm trying to get my master" as in you haven't gotten it yet. $Texas

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Pergatory/#item-sets
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-09-05 11:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
Sorry, I read that as "I'm trying to get my master" as in you haven't gotten it yet. $Texas

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Pergatory/#item-sets

AF1+3 body really beats Apogee+1 body for magical blood pacts?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-05 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of those sets are out of date, my Lua tends to be more current: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

Apogee Dalm +1 is indeed better, my current math shows AF+3 being a loss of 3.7% damage, although if you need magic accuracy then AF+3 body can beat it. I think that's maybe why I was using it for a while, can't remember what I was doing that needed the magic accuracy at the time.

I'll try to update some of my main sets to avoid that confusion in the future. :)
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-09-05 11:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
A lot of those sets are out of date, my Lua tends to be more current: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

Apogee Dalm +1 is indeed better, my current math shows AF+3 being a loss of 3.7% damage, although if you need magic accuracy then AF+3 body can beat it. I think that's maybe why I was using it for a while, can't remember what I was doing that needed the magic accuracy at the time.

I'll try to update some of my main sets to avoid that confusion in the future. :)

Haha that jumped out at me, had to ask. Sets look like a good guide otherwise :)
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-05 12:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah looks like most of them were actually pretty up to date, but I made a pass at them to update them anyway. Should be better now!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-10 04:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

holy *** at draumstafir augment.
By Tarage 2018-09-10 04:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that be better than Nirvana for multi-hit BPs? I'm not sure. I'd also love to find out what "doubling blood pact status" is. Instant apogee? Double BP activation? Gonna be an expensive as *** weapon for sure.

I have a question though. On Apogee +1 boots, is it worth having three pairs? Right now I have one that is 100% physical and one 100% magic, but I was wondering if path C which has both physical AND magic might be better overall for hybrid. Am I crazy?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-10 04:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that be better than Nirvana for multi-hit BPs?
For the TP transfer ones, I'm sure you mean.
And my answer is that with AM3 down then absolutely yes, using Gridarvor as a way to compare the two.
With AM3 up... I dunno, maybe? Close either way.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-10 04:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would that be better than Nirvana for multi-hit BPs? I'm not sure. I'd also love to find out what "doubling blood pact status" is. Instant apogee? Double BP activation? Gonna be an expensive as *** weapon for sure.

I have a question though. On Apogee +1 boots, is it worth having three pairs? Right now I have one that is 100% physical and one 100% magic, but I was wondering if path C which has both physical AND magic might be better overall for hybrid. Am I crazy?

If, IF that DA works on pacts (it is worded weirdly, so should be tested), it's a huge jump over non aftermath'd nirvana. looks to be halfway between nonaftermath and aftermath.

hybrid could be tested, but everyone p.much uses the path A magic piece for flaming crush.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-10 05:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

and smn +2 collar
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-10 08:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That easily puts collar +2 and +1 above both omen necks and nq beats the magic neck but not the physical.

That combined with just the potential of draumstafir, smn made out like a *** bandit.
By Tarage 2018-09-10 13:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Really curious what the Nirvana augments are.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-10 16:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What is target smn magic skill that we want to hit? I can pull off 210 in gear and im mastered so I am not sure how much that gives.
By Tarage 2018-09-10 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
What is target smn magic skill that we want to hit? I can pull off 210 in gear and im mastered so I am not sure how much that gives.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Avatar%27s_Favor

The short answer is for favor, you want to try to get close to 670. For everything else, get as much as you can. Gifts give 35 total.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 150 151 152