~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 126 127 128 ... 137 138 139
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-11-18 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy wow. The Prime shield is insane. If you haven't yet gotten it yet, get it. Higher block rate than Ochain, higher defense, and it looks pretty sweet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-18 15:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very curious as to where future upgrades for Duban will go. This is only stage 2. <,<;
By SimonSes 2022-11-18 15:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm very curious as to where future upgrades for Duban will go. This is only stage 2. <,<;

To stage 5 ;)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-18 16:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shield defense bonus + eleventy billion perhaps even million
[+]
 Asura.Asalith
Server: Asura
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-11-18 16:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

MEVA+200/MDTII-55%
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-18 17:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Shield defense bonus + eleventy billion perhaps even million
XD

While shield defense bonus is.. in general, crap... That's because it's usually only available in extremely small amounts. Well, and because it is applied before PDT...

A sufficiently hefty value of Shield Defense Bonus, could potentially zero out a blocked hit before you even get to apply PDT. But it'd have to be really hefty. <,<

Then again.. with phalanx, we kinda tend to do that on most hits anyway. Can I have something else?
Asura.Asalith said: »
MEVA+200/MDTII-55%
That'll do. XD

I think it'd also be interesting to add some kind of on block effect. Like HP recovery, ala Turms hands, or shield mastery+.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-18 17:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For real tho we've discussed with each other potential things they could do for the shield. I don't think they'll do any of it but it'd be cool. I still like my idea of a shield that gives new spells/support options.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-18 17:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It will in some way benefit majesty, specifically.

I don't know how, but they are fully in love with the idea of what majesty did for pld.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-18 17:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Converts x% of amount cured to MP? Support the cure spam!

I would also accept Converts x% of amount cured to TP. XD
By Nariont 2022-11-18 17:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

MDTII seems a given, maybe even annul dmg chance and just get rid of all 3 previous shields defense wise
By SimonSes 2022-11-18 17:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it wont be anything with MDT, maybe DT II -10%, but not copy pasty of Aegis. My money is also on Majesty augment.
By Vaerix 2022-11-18 18:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Converts x% of amount cured to MP? Support the cure spam!

I would also accept Converts x% of amount cured to TP. XD

Holy/Divine Acumen!
By zixxer 2022-11-18 18:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a dream last night that Duban in it's final form will grant "flashga".
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-11-18 20:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »

Final form will actually let you mainhand it. Then you run any shield you want in sub. lol
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-18 21:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Final form will actually let you mainhand it. Then you run any shield you want in sub. lol
Final form Duban in mainhand, second-to-last form in offhand.
By SimonSes 2022-11-19 04:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not Diablo2 guys :)
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2022-11-19 10:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
It's not Diablo2 guys :)

please let me port my Hdin into XI! Or even my Auradin! Has anyone dat mod'd D2 armor for XI? Or make reprisal give the Holy shield look for XI PLD lol
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2022-11-19 11:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments divine emblem to make your next spell AoE.
By Nariont 2022-11-19 12:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it wont be anything with MDT, maybe DT II -10%, but not copy pasty of Aegis. My money is also on Majesty augment.

Just depends to me if they care to touch the emp/relic shield and i guess instruments, or just bypass that and make something to replace them, las thing those shields got was 99 AG and theyve refused to touch them since
By Vaerix 2022-11-21 04:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a note, with capped magic haste and an sird/dt capped cast set I'm getting a 5 second recast on banishga, 18s recast on foil during ody. Also sleep/cure brd works great if needed, otherwise just shoot to tag mobs you have to keep enmity on (halos, qutrub, etc.). It's going to take some getting used to but the enmity gear options on pld make foil ridiculous, with Sentinel it's just bonkers.
By SimonSes 2022-11-21 05:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Sird set actually needed? Just use full enmity/DT set instead? You should get hit for 0. Just use phalanx, stoneskin and aquaveil.
[+]
 Asura.Psycosocial
By Asura.Psycosocial 2022-11-21 13:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Just a note, with capped magic haste and an sird/dt capped cast set I'm getting a 5 second recast on banishga, 18s recast on foil during ody. Also sleep/cure brd works great if needed, otherwise just shoot to tag mobs you have to keep enmity on (halos, qutrub, etc.). It's going to take some getting used to but the enmity gear options on pld make foil ridiculous, with Sentinel it's just bonkers.

Glad to see some application. I wasn't understanding the banishga gripes especially when recast was brought up. Not many times I'm pulling and need a cure right away so healer's aren't usually bugged, although I do like trolling the brd waking stuff up *wink.
By Vaerix 2022-11-21 14:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Sird set actually needed? Just use full enmity/DT set instead? You should get hit for 0. Just use phalanx, stoneskin and aquaveil.

Mostly it's laziness for me, but I've been using aquaveil for phalanx to great effect, it's really nice for longer pulls halo +3 groups.

I use sird because I already had it built for /blu for ody and didn't feel like messing with it.

Added bonus for /run: ja aggro is so nice just body pulling and throwing up runes.
[+]
By Tarualex 2022-11-21 21:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, just getting back to the game after a break and looking to invest more time in PLD. Is there an ideal way to gain ML?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-11-21 23:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarualex said: »
Hey all, just getting back to the game after a break and looking to invest more time in PLD. Is there an ideal way to gain ML?

Kill this stuff
[+]
By Annikkia 2022-12-01 17:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, someone knows if exist a lua for PLD that can siwtch from FC to SIRD set? I mean, cast cure with FC in concret moments and cas cure with SIRD set when pulling, maybe changing sets with f10-f12?

I don't find a good lua for pld -.-

Thank you^^
By kinkanat 2022-12-02 03:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having a similar problem, I am using Akivatoo's Gearswap from the first page but I am having a problem that I can't solve.

What I need is that my character equips the SIRD set while casting jettatura or sheep song but when he casts the magic he does it with the enmity set.

The problem I have with Akivatoo's Gearswap is that when I cast the blu magics the enmity set is equipped all the time, the SIRD set is not equipped in the precast.

I had understood that I would have to put the SIRD set in precast and the enmity set in Jettatura's midcast, right?
By Nariont 2022-12-02 03:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SIRD is a midcast stat, it doesnt do anything in precast

Only thing that really factors into precast sets is HP, FC/casting time down, and quick cast, everything else goes into midcast so SIRD will have to be balanced with enmity, though typically jettura's such a quick spell you shouldnt need SIRD
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-12-02 03:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for your reply.

I quoted Jettatura but I was referring to the other BLU spells which are longer.

So I have to balance SIRD with Enmity? And also I have to balance Damage Taken for when I'm getting hit by all the mobs in Odyssey....

I've seen PLD in Odyssey that didn't lower his life even on floor 4 with 2 camps hitting him and he was casting Gest Wall and didn't lose the hate.

I have looked in the BG guide and I don't see a set that balances DT with enmity with SIRD, how do you do it?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-12-02 04:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
Thank you very much for your reply.

I quoted Jettatura but I was referring to the other BLU spells which are longer.

So I have to balance SIRD with Enmity? And also I have to balance Damage Taken for when I'm getting hit by all the mobs in Odyssey....

I've seen PLD in Odyssey that didn't lower his life even on floor 4 with 2 camps hitting him and he was casting Gest Wall and didn't lose the hate.

I have looked in the BG guide and I don't see a set that balances DT with enmity with SIRD, how do you do it?

Are you certain about that? The SIRD Enmity set is listed as "Flash SIRD" in the bg guide. The sets are suggestions, you can make it tankier if you choose.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 126 127 128 ... 137 138 139