Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-10 21:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even shield block bro
[+]
By Serjero 2022-11-10 23:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure if you aren't using Caladbolg and subbing SAM you are just playing incorrectly. Just gotta hold hate through damage. Just use shockwave for AoE pulls.
[+]
By zixxer 2022-11-10 23:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the Brady guide it's war/whm = better pld
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-11-11 00:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought that guide when I first bought the game a few months before CoP released. I actually still have it. Reading through it is some serious lols nowadays.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
Server: Gilgamesh
user: maletaru
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-11-11 01:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Define limit? My capped SIRD is capped DT and over 100 enmity. You don't need /RUN for magic mitigation when you have access to Sakpata and Aegis.

Sorry what? Over 100 enmity, so 150 isn't better? How about a better HP balance in your SIRD set? How about more Meva in your SIRD set? There are literally no stats you care about on PLD other than DT and enmity?

Sakpata and Aegis also cap out meva now? There's no way any mob can ever land a debuff on you because you have Sakpata armor? Damn you must know something nobody else knows. Is there a cap on MDB, Meva, and elemental resistance I'm not aware of?

Also convenient that you're ignoring the 3 JAs that others have listed, and are focusing solely on Foil. PLD/RUN doesn't only get Foil, they get:
Vaerix said: »
Constant 34-68 meva for a targeted element or 2. 15-30% SDT constantly for 2 or 1 element. 14 constant MDB for all elements, 7%free Parry rate, 9% resist all debuff trait. 10% elemental targeted debuff resist ability. Stoneskin, Barspell, aquaveil, and foil.

Also add in: Barparalyze, barsleep, barsilence, or barpetrify. And before all this "But muh WHM!" remember that SCH doesn't get barspells natively so they have to get them from subjob (no SCH/BLM), And when they do want to give them to you, it takes a stratagem and they have to close to melee range.

Oh, and you forgot to address aquaveil for phalanx. If you have 20 mobs on you and phalanx is wearing off, do you cast a ***phalanx in your SIRD gear? Because with aquaveil, PLD/RUN can cast full potency phalanx.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-11 03:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for there being a nice new shield but its a bit of a slap in the face to make an easy obtain shield now better than Ochain which is still a grind to get.

Hopefully they 119 Ochain?
[+]
By Nariont 2022-11-11 03:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's certainly a possibility, i just have my doubts on it since they've had several chances to up ochain/aegis and at least i nthe case of aegis insisted that the mdt II effect come at a "cost" that being crap block rate, iirc they also said applying shield skill to say ochain would be "unbalanced" in terms of block rate, though i wonder if they still have that view now
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-11 03:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Evidently not cause they added shield skill to "ochain" and took off all the pesky useless stats in exchange
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-11-11 04:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Maletaru said: »
Define limit? My capped SIRD is capped DT and over 100 enmity. You don't need /RUN for magic mitigation when you have access to Sakpata and Aegis.

Sorry what? Over 100 enmity, so 150 isn't better? How about a better HP balance in your SIRD set? How about more Meva in your SIRD set? There are literally no stats you care about on PLD other than DT and enmity?

Sakpata and Aegis also cap out meva now? There's no way any mob can ever land a debuff on you because you have Sakpata armor? Damn you must know something nobody else knows. Is there a cap on MDB, Meva, and elemental resistance I'm not aware of?

Also convenient that you're ignoring the 3 JAs that others have listed, and are focusing solely on Foil. PLD/RUN doesn't only get Foil, they get:
Constant 34-68 meva for a targeted element or 2. 15-30% SDT constantly for 2 or 1 element. 14 constant MDB for all elements, 7%free Parry rate, 9% resist all debuff trait. 10% elemental targeted debuff resist ability. Stoneskin, Barspell, aquaveil, and foil.

Also add in: Barparalyze, barsleep, barsilence, or barpetrify. And before all this "But muh WHM!" remember that SCH doesn't get barspells, so in Ody with no SJ they can't give you these things, and even outside of ody when they do want to give them to you, it takes a stratagem and they have to close to melee range.

Oh, and you forgot to address aquaveil for phalanx. If you have 20 mobs on you and phalanx is wearing off, do you cast a ***phalanx in your SIRD gear? Because with aquaveil, PLD/RUN can cast full potency phalanx.

Pretty sure all of this is getting ignored because those advantages PLD/RUN has had access to prior to this update, and the saving grace that PLD/BLU had was "We have extra enmity stuff that's usable more often". And now with foil that excuse is gone and they want to act like anything other than: Jettatura, Geist Wall, Spororific, Sheep Song, and Cocoon actually matter versus /RUN. Since that boils down to 5 spells you use what does BLU give PLD beyond those spells, because 4 get replaced by Foil for AoE Enmity, and cocoon is 50% Defense.

Edit: BTW every single valuable trait that /BLU can give PLD/RUN has and more. The following are the only traits /BLU can give PLD exclusively: Clear Mind, Attack Bonus 1, Magic Attack Bonus 1, Beast Killer 1, Plantoid Killer 1, Lizard Killer 1, Max MP Boost 1, Rapid Shot 1. So I think all of the utility of /BLU must come from all of the unique stats that each spell adds to the player because it sure as hell isn't traits.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-11 07:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: BTW every single valuable trait that /BLU can give PLD/RUN has and more. The following are the only traits /BLU can give PLD exclusively: Clear Mind, Attack Bonus 1, Magic Attack Bonus 1, Beast Killer 1, Plantoid Killer 1, Lizard Killer 1, Max MP Boost 1, Rapid Shot 1. So I think all of the utility of /BLU must come from all of the unique stats that each spell adds to the player because it sure as hell isn't traits.

You could argue about Frightful Roar, but that's it I guess.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-11-11 07:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

MY SIRD set still has over 3200 hp. I use my SIRD for BLU tagging. I use a 150+ enmity set for all my other abilities. Stop making stupid presumptions because your PLD needs better gear. Yes, its possible to build a set like that on PLD when you only need 6 pieces to cape SIRD.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-11-11 08:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure all of this is getting ignored because those advantages PLD/RUN has had access to prior to this update, and the saving grace that PLD/BLU had was "We have extra enmity stuff that's usable more often". And now with foil that excuse is gone and they want to act like anything other than: Jettatura, Geist Wall, Spororific, Sheep Song, and Cocoon actually matter versus /RUN. Since that boils down to 5 spells you use what does BLU give PLD beyond those spells, because 4 get replaced by Foil for AoE Enmity, and cocoon is 50% Defense.

Banishga > Foil pulling sucks and is not practical in constant trash mob pulling. You are going to be stuck with Banishga cool downs if you don't get everything on the first pull, you're going to constantly wake everything up that maybe you don't want too, you keep crying about things that aren't important ie I need max enmity on all mobs at all times, just no, pointless... You don't need Foil to keep hate unless your a bad Paladin. You can do all the same things you can do with BLU and you completely throw utility and defense out the window? PLD/RUN with foil now has a role in very niche fights... you're an idiot if you use it as a daily driver for content.

It makes sense why you don't understand these concepts because you don't play the job other than to cleave your alts which any trained monkey can do. This is really the last time I am replying to you because I can't argue with ignorance anymore. You are welcome to the last word. It's painfully obvious you don't play Paladin in any meaningful way by your comments and when you do you're trash.

It's not just you either, this forum is filled with some of the worst advise I have ever heard. And I know it's not the normal because I've played with plenty of good Paladins. This place is just a magnet of terrible players, sheep and ignorant fools so I'm out. Good luck and may god have mercy on your souls.

*** Stoneskin and Aquaveil sets.... good you're all *** awful.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-11 08:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

MY SIRD set still has over 3200 hp. I use my SIRD for BLU tagging. I use a 150+ enmity set for all my other abilities. Stop making stupid presumptions because your PLD needs better gear. Yes, its possible to build a set like that on PLD when you only need 6 pieces to cape SIRD.

***I forgot that HP caps at 3200, my bad. I guess if your goal is for your PLD to be "good enough" then you shouldn't try to improve it anymore once you get to 3200 HP, +100 enmity, and ~500 meva. Then you're done and there's no possible way to improve! More stats are just useless because "I'm good enough already! I don't need more stats!"

You might as well just take your rings off, since you're already good enough, why do you need more stats when you're already holding hate? It's really hilarious in a forum talking about which is better to talk about how having more stats and additional bonuses to your character isn't actually better because you already have those stats. Like guys, it turns out Nyame isn't actually good, because I already have Epaminandas's Ring, why do I need more WSD? WAR+2 neck is trash, I already have Double Attack from my Sakpata gear.
 Phoenix.Madotsuki
Server: Phoenix
user: Madotsuki
By Phoenix.Madotsuki 2022-11-11 09:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is chill tank territory, I thought multi-page autism wars were supposed to be contained to DD job threads.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-11 09:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

*Checks Community Guide & personal sets*

Was willing to give benefit of a doubt at first, but really don't believe you at this point.

For the sake of everyone here, please just stop...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Veika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2022-11-11 10:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question:

If mobs are slept by a brd or something. Can't you just Cure 1 them to be put on the hate list, then Foil yourself for the enmity spike?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2022-11-11 10:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Madotsuki said: »
This is chill tank territory, I thought multi-page autism wars were supposed to be contained to DD job threads.
Yeah, this isn't the WAR forum. Show some class.

If you aren't mature enough to debate things in a civilized manner, you shouldn't be in here at all.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-11 10:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If the ***is already asleep you don't even need the PLD to have hate anymore to begin with so idk why that was even considered as a "gotcha"
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-11 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Veika said: »
Serious question:

If mobs are slept by a brd or something. Can't you just Cure 1 them to be put on the hate list, then Foil yourself for the enmity spike?

You can, but it's inefficient. Sleep is a bad example, but it's the same as diaga or firaga etc.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-11-11 10:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The "cure the sleeper" is more of a thing out of the geo handbook I guess, can come in handy in some situtations though. More so now with /run, since your brd will hate you if keep waking ***up with banishga :P
By Trillium 2022-11-11 17:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if anyone has tested the level 2 shield yet? (just gone out and estimated) Rumblings are that it is the true ochain killer. Would make me a bit sad, but I suppose it would mean I need to spend a couple of hours on my alt to get pld ready instead of days/weeks...
By Nariont 2022-11-11 17:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/124/#3645949

Got a little lost in the following nonsense
[+]
By Trillium 2022-11-11 18:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Many thanks. Thought I was caught up on the forum, but somehow missed pages of stuff...
 Kujata.Atarashi
Server: Kujata
user: TaoVhal
By Kujata.Atarashi 2022-11-11 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Trillium said: »
Curious if anyone has tested the level 2 shield yet? (just gone out and estimated) Rumblings are that it is the true ochain killer. Would make me a bit sad, but I suppose it would mean I need to spend a couple of hours on my alt to get pld ready instead of days/weeks...

It is as good as they say. I went out at tested it last night. Keep in mind I only had 500 JP's to my pld. (I was previously an Aegis/Priwen guy, fairly casually tanking.)

Grabbed Duban and instantly could hold OdyC and CN[S] groups with ease, even with repraisal down. (That was the real issue for me, since priwen without haste support gets a little scary) Last night I grabbed another 800 or so JP's so I'm hoping now to get to master and really see it shine!

So yay, now we have a super accessible free ochain. Hopefully it makes finding tanks for parties easier.
By Vaerix 2022-11-13 01:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got to ML45 PLD, some more stats for comparison.(Elvaan for comparison purposes) (All original Data in Spoilers Below)

Stat Delta vs BLU with Spells(Spells listed Below)
HP : RUN +52
MP : BLU +89
STR: RUN +3
DEX: RUN +1
VIT: BLU +6
AGI: RUN +2
INT: TIE
MND: RUN +1
CHR: BLU +7
ACC: RUN +10
MDB: RUN +4
Regen: TIE

Trait Delta:
RUN gives the same regen, +4 MDB, and then a mess of other stuff. Again this is based on the spells I selected to be more useful for PLD, your Spell Selection and stats may vary.

PLD/RUN Naked VS PLD/BLU naked
99PLD/58RUN
Raw Stats

99PLD/58BLU(No Spells)
Raw Stats

99PLD/BLU (With Spells Spells in 2nd Spoiler)
Raw Stats
Spells Assigned

Stats Delta Without Spells that no one cares about

Trait Stats
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-11-13 05:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Slash blu is amazing for everything outside of ambu and if ur going ambu better just go slash war for that bonus savage blade spams with am3 bgang
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-14 06:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got to ML45 PLD, some more stats for comparison.(Elvaan for comparison purposes) (All original Data in Spoilers Below)

I've been checked out since last week because God of War, so maybe this has already been confirmed, but can you confirm /RUN gets access to Foil?

I was partially afraid they would lock Foil as RUN only like they did with some other job abilities for other jobs.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-11-14 08:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Vaerix! This is really helpful. Will find a way to add some of this info to the guide.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
Server: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-11-14 13:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

I've been checked out since last week because God of War, so maybe this has already been confirmed, but can you confirm /RUN gets access to Foil?

I was partially afraid they would lock Foil as RUN only like they did with some other job abilities for other jobs.

Didn't believe it would be locked out but I can confirm you do get foil after Mlvl45+
By Vaerix 2022-11-14 23:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Didn't believe it would be locked out but I can confirm you do get foil after Mlvl45+

Sorry for the late response, 100% confirm Foil as PLD/RUN
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 137 138 139