New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia
Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 07:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Stealing some info from Saitahiraita blog, please all possible credits goes to him, as well my thanks:

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/Page/1/

Need moar stones...

too expensive >.>
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-28 09:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If three people are in the same camp then they are doing something wrong. These mobs repop like the ones in Delve 1 do, as you kill them they start to repop in other places so if you stay in one area eventually there will only be a few. Only have one nuker in any area while the rest find their own camps. Eventually you'll be ping ponging the repops back and forth and get points in the thousands. Yes the book is a full time dedicated job, at no point in time should the book person not be in the book menu, there simply is too much of a lag and it can easily cost your the run. There shouldn't really be the need for anyone to be following the mobs around except on very high levels when your struggling for points. As the RDM/SCH I am typically the first one to peal off from nuking elementals to check on the stronghold and if needed buff some of our mobs. Accession Protect V or Shell V is a god send along with Haste II on whomever is the hero mob.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-28 09:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Public Service Announcement
Lastly, if the book person has to leave the book and run all the way to the stronghold to check its status, this is extremely risky. If instead of finding the Stronghold at low health, they find that the enemy summoned a lot of malicious, wiped out our valiants, and are now on the way back to our marchland, then the SMN now has to race them back to the camp to try to quickly mount a defense and this almost always ends badly. If you had someone hasting the valiants and ready to snipe the stronghold as soon as it hits 1%, then the book person need never leave the book and can continue to pump out valiants until the level is beaten.

Quite simply, there is no reason to leave all this work to 1 person, while you have 5 people out soloing mobs for puissance. 4 people farming puissance is plenty. That 5th person isn't going to speed up puissance farming by a further 43%, but they can speed up the damage of the valiants by 43% plus ensure that the wave ends the very moment the stronghold hits 1% even if our valiants are wiping (which is often the case when the stronghold is ready to be sniped, because valiants will ignore malicious mobs attacking them in order to attack the stronghold which often gets them killed).
I disagree.
If only because people are STILL racist against SMN and stick me on book duty. (then again I'm really good at that, and enjoy it, so... mneh.)
It doesn't take much practice to angle the camera to see the direction the mobs are coming from.
Once they're out of sight for a few seconds, I'll run with Garuda to them. If there's at least 3 babies and the sky god, I'll just follow them along, try to give them hastega II but they usually kill stuff too fast for Garuda to remain in range... So they generally don't get it until the stronghold.

If there's only the sky god and/or a couple babies, run back to the book and poop more, follow them back.

Doesn't take much effort to get good at it.
But I agree that for simplicity in unknown people, it will help to have 2 people do it.
At least until one proves that the other isn't needed.
By palladin9479 2015-02-28 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If only because people are STILL racist against SMN and stick me on book duty.

That's your problem, don't inflict it on others.

Otherwise your gimping your group horribly. You can not win against higher floors by doing that for the simple reason that points come fast and the enemy units come in even faster. Doing that sh!t is a guaranteed loss after floor six where the mobs appear halfway to your base the moment you enter and start spawning tons of crap soon after. If your the book person your job is to keep your a$$ on that book and spam mobs to overwhelm the enemy. Getting off the book at the most critical moment in the fight is pure stupidity.

The best and only use for SMN is to put your pet in the path of the enemy units and use it as a speed bump to buy your guys more time.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-28 11:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a BRD on book and a SMN at the Stronghold who holds the first few mobs' attention while people are out running to get some points to start up. Once they're coming in then the SMN can start buffing our mobs with Hastega II, Warcry and Ice Spikes and stuff. You don't really need more than 4 people killing Escalents; especially at higher floors/tiers when you start getting points faster than you can spam the book.
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-28 12:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
If three people are in the same camp then they are doing something wrong. These mobs repop like the ones in Delve 1 do, as you kill them they start to repop in other places so if you stay in one area eventually there will only be a few. Only have one nuker in any area while the rest find their own camps. Eventually you'll be ping ponging the repops back and forth and get points in the thousands. Yes the book is a full time dedicated job, at no point in time should the book person not be in the book menu, there simply is too much of a lag and it can easily cost your the run. There shouldn't really be the need for anyone to be following the mobs around except on very high levels when your struggling for points. As the RDM/SCH I am typically the first one to peal off from nuking elementals to check on the stronghold and if needed buff some of our mobs. Accession Protect V or Shell V is a god send along with Haste II on whomever is the hero mob.

Going to second this.
Red Mage is the unsung hero of Yorcia Weald Alluvion.

Also worth noting that having a Geomancer who knows what they're *** doing is a good idea as well. One that knows where to leave Luopans on higher floors to buy time so your mobs can get out to the battlefield. Geo-Frailty on the Stronghold will seriously melt it.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-28 12:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
We have a BRD on book and a SMN at the Stronghold who holds the first few mobs' attention while people are out running to get some points to start up. Once they're coming in then the SMN can start buffing our mobs with Hastega II, Warcry and Ice Spikes and stuff. You don't really need more than 4 people killing Escalents; especially at higher floors/tiers when you start getting points faster than you can spam the book.

This is an excellent use of a SMN. Holding those monsters back, even for a short while, is key to winning the higher floors. The elementals always seem to spawn at a good distance from the beginning and so buying an extra 10~30 seconds is key to getting your first wave out the door to halt the enemies zerg rush. I never do anything under a T4 or T5 pop set so maybe this isn't an issue at lower popsets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-02 08:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, from what I see, you don't really suck at it, you are just doing so much manually there's no way you can keep up with 6.

I personally have trouble with just two. I do the book and run around on blu killing escalents. I find it very distracting to do the book.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-02 09:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

How do you play all six on one computer with POL only allowing 4 profiles? Do you have re-add two of them after you've logged in or is there a work around. I currently have 5, but stick the 5th on the laptop for that reason. If you do have to re-add the information everytime, how do you not rage quit everytime you DC? :p
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 09:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Better question: how do you justify spending like $75 a month on this game? I feel like a glutton spending $30.

Holy balls.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-03-02 09:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

How do you play all six on one computer with POL only allowing 4 profiles? Do you have re-add two of them after you've logged in or is there a work around. I currently have 5, but stick the 5th on the laptop for that reason. If you do have to re-add the information everytime, how do you not rage quit everytime you DC? :p
You can install different region POL viewers and edit registry, use one for 1-4 and a different one for 5-8
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-03-02 09:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Better question: how do you justify spending like $75 a month on this game? I feel like a glutton spending $30.

Holy balls.

If you use it right it's similar to buying gil, just more work and more return.

In this event there is so much running around. I mean you could setup routes and have a bit more automation but meh, this gets it done and somewhat entertaining.
By Fujilives 2015-03-02 09:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't post here often, and I've done a fair share of alluv skirmish already so I knew how the event worked and had an idea of what to expect, but I had to log in to comment on this video:

HOLY ***.

LOL, Man, I've done multiboxing in WoW and enjoyed it to an extent, I even won a few arenas using the alt-tabbing method you are using in the video, but it really opened up for me after I started using tools designed to make multiboxing easier. However, it still takes a tremendous amount and planning to do it right, and it's still very easy to lose a character that was tagging-along in even the most basic of scenarios (walking through tall grass and getting caught behind something, or god forbid, SPIRAL STAIRCASES) - but I have to say, after watching your video... I feel like a completely incompetent ***. How the HELL do you keep 6 characters straight when alt tabbing like that, let alone keep their inventories sorted and each of them geared... MAN, lol - I just feel like a completely useless piece of ***now, so thanks for that.

Great vid.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-02 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy balls.

Other forms of entertainment far surpass the price of this game. Buy a PS4 game every month and your paying 60$+, My wife and I went snowboarding this past weekend and the trip cost us close to 400$. We went to see a movie a few weeks ago and it was about 30$. When we go to concerts, tickets can be 100$+/each. I usually won't pay for more than three characters a month, but I don't feel like it's money wasted when I could easily spend that in one night at the bar that I stayed home instead.
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 10:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

Holy balls.

Other forms of entertainment far surpass the price of this game. Buy a PS4 game every month and your paying 60$+, My wife and I went snowboarding this past weekend and the trip cost us close to 400$. We went to see a movie a few weeks ago and it was about 30$. When we go to concerts, tickets can be 100$+/each. I usually won't pay for more than three characters a month, but I don't feel like it's money wasted when I could easily spend that in one night at the bar that I stayed home instead.

Congratulations on passing gamer arguments 101. I'm aware of all of this and thoroughly agree.

In principle.

But a recurring $75/month charge on this one aging game just seems steep to me. And you're talking to someone who has never "taken a break" from the game or let his account lapse in nearly 12 years. Only time was the tsunami when SE appropriately shut it down for a bit. I get that it's a subjective investment, and that's fine.

Just still caught me a little offguard to run six+ active accounts at once.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-03-02 10:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
-The boss drops some combination of six +2 stones and wings, as well as 2 pieces of gear. I think there might be occasionally other things it drops in place of stones, but I can't think of a specific example of that happening. The gear seems to favor the higher-wing items (bodies/legs) but that might just be entirely luck. Also, because they all drop into the pool and the difficulty tends to go up after beating the boss, it might be a good plan to have everyone lot/pass before you advance, as failing kicks you and you lose everything in your pool.

It seems if a pet gets the killing blow on the boss you won't get anything. This happened to us twice out of three boss floors we got this weekend, which is really annoying (avatar got the kill both times, while I got the kill on blu the other time). Not sure why this is unless SE is considering the boss to be unclaimed, or something. So just make sure if you run into the boss that an actual player gets the killing blow and not a pet.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-02 11:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

From my observations, heads do not influence potency of drops but rather increase # of floors and time limit.

What DOES influence treasure potency is your speed. If you can go up a floor before an evaluation(evaluation=when the game shows you your drops) then you get +1Star. When i go with groups in a 5/5/5 and we're slow, we get NQ stones galore, but in a 3/3/3 if we go up a floor before the evaluation, then the evaluation rises by a star. I think there's something to this pattern. Higher tiers may be more lenient in the time needed before your evaluation, in essense giving you a better shot of ranking up but I haven't tested. What I do know is, went with a slow group in a 5/5/5 yesterday and we always cleared a floor like 20sec after an evaluation, never got any +stars, so we all got NQ stones.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-03-02 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
2-3 dollars a day isn't much money for hours of entertainment really.

Man...two-boxing is bad enough. That many chars (to me) seems like work, not play. @.@
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-02 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And he still manages to have enough time to thoroughly terrify Canada by wrecking buses
[+]
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
Server: Bismarck
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2015-03-02 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
From my observations, heads do not influence potency of drops but rather increase # of floors and time limit.

What DOES influence treasure potency is your speed. If you can go up a floor before an evaluation(evaluation=when the game shows you your drops) then you get +1Star. When i go with groups in a 5/5/5 and we're slow, we get NQ stones galore, but in a 3/3/3 if we go up a floor before the evaluation, then the evaluation rises by a star. I think there's something to this pattern. Higher tiers may be more lenient in the time needed before your evaluation, in essense giving you a better shot of ranking up but I haven't tested. What I do know is, went with a slow group in a 5/5/5 yesterday and we always cleared a floor like 20sec after an evaluation, never got any +stars, so we all got NQ stones.

Not sure if the loot pool warning and an evaluation are the same thing. In my experience being a stronghold checker for a lot of runs, I found that the loot message is given when the stronghold hit 50% hp regardless of the time the floor is completed. I wonder if there are some other criteria to obtaining stars.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-02 14:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

He is nigh impossible to sneak up on
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-02 17:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone find stp augment in taeon pieces?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-03-04 07:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Thf/rdm soloing this Alluvion Skirmish

Don't have to multi-box or shout to do this event though, anyone can go get some goodies!~
(Even if you're not confident soloing, it's worth a shot. don't need rudra's or anything career thf badass to win)

YouTube Video Placeholder

I enjoyed watching that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8