New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia
Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 15:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, lets start with what really matter in this update.

First some trivial information given by book inside skirmish, saves you the trouble of reading it while youre there.

Tier 1111:

Objective: Fulfillment of primary objective, vanquishing the enemy stronghold, is impeded by the Malicious: enemies who threaten intruders at every turn.

Valiant: The Malicious and their stronghold boast supernatural defenses, so the "Valiant" -- friendly reinforcements who can be called forth to battle -- are critical in thwarting them. However, Valiant alone are incapable of dealing the final blow to the enemy stronghold, so it falls to the pioneer and his compatriots to bring axe down. The objective will be deemed a failure should the foes advance upon and destroy your marchland. In short, the Valiant can halt the approach of the Malicious, protecting the marchlands.

Puissances: As the name implies, Puissances is a type of energy gained from Noetic Ascensions and beasting elemental fiends known as "Escalents". The Valiant are the physical forms of Puissance made manifest. The Valiant will automatically assault the enemies' stronghold and engage in combat with the Malicious. Up to ten of the same Valiant may be summoned at a given time.

Ars Monstrum: Increasing the Ars Monstrum's level will enable you to summon additional varieties of the Valiant. Each Valiant is suited to fighting different Malicious foes, as each has bonuses and penalties against certain type.

Valiant Shijin: Valiant Shijin may also be summoned with Puissance in the same way as ordinary Valiant. Which Shijin is summoned depends on the type of eudeamon part used to construct the simulacrum. Only one Valiant Shijin is summoned may called forth, but its effects will be felt on all creatures within the alluvion skirmish.

Players may use motes of Puissance to amend the Ars Monstrum, thereby increasing its level. An amended Ars Monstrum will enable you to summon additional varieties of the Valiant, as well as increase their level. The Ars Monstrum's maximum level is 3, but advancing to the next section will reset it to 1.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

About my experience in 2 runs 111 i did right now:

You start at a empty place, where you can buff and with a book closer that provides the info above mentioned. Once ready, check the waypoint to be transported closer to The Marchland, a npc youre supose to protect. Near The Marchland, there is another book called Ars Monstrum. Checking it it will give the option to summon the Valiants by paying Puissances, but you start with zero.

I tried to go as PLD to see if i could hold them while figuring the zone, but those mobs hit really hard. Given im a horrible PLD, still i was barely surviving against one acuex, so my opinion is that you shouldnt engage those. Your objective is to call as many Valiants you can. For that, aparently, you must run fast till the Escalent camp and kill them for Puissances. I just had time to kill 2, each gave me 400 exp, 72 cp and 100 Puissqances one, 120 the next one. So, they are low level mobs but with some PDT (they are elementals).

As soon as you get Puissances, someone must be close Ars Monstrum to call a Valiant.

During one run, i ended fniding a npc called Melissa (?) thats supose a help against the Escalents.

Tier 111 is pretty rushed, fastly came a wave, with lots of Acuex. I also saw a Harpy Tulfaire.

Closer to The Marchland is the Stronghold. Aparently mobs does not aggro if you attack the Stronghold. Similar to original Skimish, mobs dont aggro, they just keep attacking The Marchland unless you claim them.

Checking my logs: I called a Valiant Entoozon and a Valiant Crab.

Entoozon hit Tulfaire for 4550 (normal hit). Tremor did 4000/8000 in Tulfaires there. As expected, Acuex received double dmg (13k ish).

Crab hit a critical for 10k ish against tulfaire.

Close to entrance i saw some jps with a full mage party, and I guess for straters, it makes sense. The faster you can kill Escalents, the faster you can earn Puissances and call more Valiant, so far, the only one to fight back those Malicious mobs.

Overall, I saw alluvion Skirmish Yorcia a lot similar to a fast match of Age of Empires. Your goal is to quickly build resources to protect against enemy. The more efficient you can gather those resources more likely you can expand your army and beat the enemy.

Next step to do this skirmish efficiently is to have maps with Escalents camps, as well the table with weaknesses.

Helio Hands:
Duskorb (nq): MND/CHR (4)|pet: haste (3)
Dusktip (nq): DEX (4)
Leafdim (nq): mag crit (2)|spell interrupt (2)
Leafdim (hq1): fc (5)
Leaforb (nq): blood boon (3)|pet: da (2)|bp delay (5)
Leaforb (hq1): blood boon (4)
Leafslit (nq): cure pot receiv (3)|ws acc (3)|enemy crit (2)|stp (2)
Leaftip (nq): haste (1)|enemy crit (1)|enmity (5)|regen (1)
Leaftip (hq1): enemy crit (3)
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2015-02-19 16:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorissa has a chance to pop as a Fomor monster, and upon death grants 350 motes of puissance. Just before dying she pops hexa strike and warps.
Edit: Also you can trade your wings to the ??? just across from the conveyer.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-20 08:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancer loupans will grabbed the stronghold monster's attention. Using geo-regen you can spam it on yourself and hold them back until defenses are set up. Regen is not aggressive so they won't target you when it dies, plus regen has a cheap mana cost. Setting up 5 worms and saving up for crabs to spawn as the enemy gets near seems to be a good strategy, careful of aoe attacks hitting the base though.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 09:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Geomancer loupans will grabbed the stronghold monster's attention. Using geo-regen you can spam it on yourself and hold them back until defenses are set up. Regen is not aggressive so they won't target you when it dies, plus regen has a cheap mana cost. Setting up 5 worms and saving up for crabs to spawn as the enemy gets near seems to be a good strategy, careful of aoe attacks hitting the base though.

I did this last night and it seemed to buy a little bit of time. Luopans can't seem to take more than 3-4 hits, but time is of the essence with the new Skirmish, so even a few seconds can really help.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-02-20 09:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorissa is susceptible to Gravity, our blue mage was able to land it with Subduction and kite her until we could nuke her down.

Also, boss floor has a chance to pop even in the 111 tier, we found it after our first floor (and keyed before losing). Not sure this is different from Cirdas/Rala, but figured I'd point it out.

Did mostly T3's, didn't see any +2 stones aside from the single pink Acuex I saw on one run dropping 3 of them like it did in Cirdas/Rala.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-20 10:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

we did 8 runs last night.

4 Scouts to get puissance(points to spawn valiants) from noetics+kill elementals (for more points):
Thf
Nin
Pld
Smn

2 Base support:
WHM (Buffer, spawns valiants from the book)
RDM watched marchland base, also follows valiants as they advance, gave battle situation report. Like earlier poster says, a pet job or geo would be better for base support and delaying enemies coming to attack your base.

*Party might be scattered randomly on the map upon teleporting in, so someone needs to find the Book + Marchland. Again, communicate in chat when you find the base+book and if people are present or not to setup defenses.

*Scouts fan out and hit up all noetics to get points quick for establishing defense. Movespeed boots, flee, garuda fleet wind or other movespeed is needed.
*Scouts keep a lookout for red acuex and kill it (can drop x3 +2 stones to your treasure pool, easily soloable by melee.

*Base support needs to speak up if you are losing the battle (your marchland base is going to die). The 'base supports' have to keep tabs on the stronghold and marchland HPs and the status of your valiant forces. Sometimes its better to make that call and pop the key to end the run early and take what loot you can get.
In worst case scenario, if base support gets overrun and dies, someone else may have to pop the key to end the run so you don't lose all the loot.

*Keep an eye on time, one run we would have failed if I hadn't noticed the 1 minute left warning in my chatlog and just popped the Fenestral key. Everyone should keep tabs on time left and pop the key before a timeout.

*Its a good idea to use your party chat and give everyone an update if base is attacked, or if your reinforcements have advanced and are killing the stronghold. Since everyone can be spread out and not able to see what's going on with other aspects of the battle, this skirmish is probably the most important one to use chat in.

*If scouts pass any incoming 'malicious' type monster on their way to getting noetics+elementals, they should announce the type so case support can have more appropriate valiants spawned to defend against their arrival.
I don't have any hard info on monster correlation being effective, but we had cases where either the valiants or malicious died quickly depending on the monster versus type. I was on scout duty farming so I only witnessed this in passing the stronghold a few times.

*Elementals aren't too hard to kill with nin or /nin melee, if there aren't any twitheryms up, then prioritize fire/earth/water/wind/light/dark elementals.
A good spot will respawn elementals fast enough that skipping ice+thunder elementals (spike effects are strong) is fine.
Hybrid elemental are troublesome for melees, but the fire+light hybrid dies fairly easy compared to the others.

*We had a few runs where we got a ton of points quickly and made the sky god tier pets (kirin, byakko, suzaku which the RDM said he was able to Haste II buff).
Like any Strategy game though, we also spawned a lot of 'smaller units'. Colibris seem to be good (more offense oriented, but fragile) once you have a few worm+crab.
By Zaeeth 2015-02-20 10:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also upgrade the book itself for some of those points. Upgrading the book appears to allow you to summon other monsters.

Our book holder said at one point after upgrading the book he summoned a SCH Book monster.
By Keido 2015-02-20 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
we did 8 runs last night.

4 Scouts to get puissance(points to spawn valiants) from noetics+kill elementals (for more points):
Thf
Nin
Pld
Smn

2 Base support:
WHM (Buffer, spawns valiants from the book)
RDM watched marchland base, also follows valiants as they advance, gave battle situation report. Like earlier poster says, a pet job or geo would be better for base support and delaying enemies coming to attack your base.

*Party might be scattered randomly on the map upon teleporting in, so someone needs to find the Book + Marchland. Again, communicate in chat when you find the base+book and if people are present or not to setup defenses.

*Scouts fan out and hit up all noetics to get points quick for establishing defense. Movespeed boots, flee, garuda fleet wind or other movespeed is needed.
*Scouts keep a lookout for red acuex and kill it (can drop x3 +2 stones to your treasure pool, easily soloable by melee.

*Base support needs to speak up if you are losing the battle (your marchland base is going to die). The 'base supports' have to keep tabs on the stronghold and marchland HPs and the status of your valiant forces. Sometimes its better to make that call and pop the key to end the run early and take what loot you can get.
In worst case scenario, if base support gets overrun and dies, someone else may have to pop the key to end the run so you don't lose all the loot.

*Keep an eye on time, one run we would have failed if I hadn't noticed the 1 minute left warning in my chatlog and just popped the Fenestral key. Everyone should keep tabs on time left and pop the key before a timeout.

*Its a good idea to use your party chat and give everyone an update if base is attacked, or if your reinforcements have advanced and are killing the stronghold. Since everyone can be spread out and not able to see what's going on with other aspects of the battle, this skirmish is probably the most important one to use chat in.

*If scouts pass any incoming 'malicious' type monster on their way to getting noetics+elementals, they should announce the type so case support can have more appropriate valiants spawned to defend against their arrival.
I don't have any hard info on monster correlation being effective, but we had cases where either the valiants or malicious died quickly depending on the monster versus type. I was on scout duty farming so I only witnessed this in passing the stronghold a few times.

*Elementals aren't too hard to kill with nin or /nin melee, if there aren't any twitheryms up, then prioritize fire/earth/water/wind/light/dark elementals.
A good spot will respawn elementals fast enough that skipping ice+thunder elementals (spike effects are strong) is fine.
Hybrid elemental are troublesome for melees, but the fire+light hybrid dies fairly easy compared to the others.

*We had a few runs where we got a ton of points quickly and made the sky god tier pets (kirin, byakko, suzaku which the RDM said he was able to Haste II buff).
Like any Strategy game though, we also spawned a lot of 'smaller units'. Colibris seem to be good (more offense oriented, but fragile) once you have a few worm+crab.

I concur with this strategy. Start with 1 worm giving you enough time to get 2 crabs by then the worm should be dead or almost dead giving enough time to upgrade to level 2 from there summon 2 more crabs then upgrade to level 3 the first two crabs probably about dead. Summon 2 more crabs save 1k summon big dog and then summon more offensive monsters.

I hope to try again tonight with RDM WHM COR COR BLM SCH

CORS with Leaden or WF one shot the point monsters until floor 4 then you need a WS and a card or a few melee swings. WHM runs book and RDM hastes phalanx and helps cure mobs. WHM can also help cure the mobs with bigger spells when waiting for points and keeping the RDM alive.

Keeping the WHM and RDM at camp to protect and the other 4 to find and kill points to summon with. Also when you have enough summons out and are attacking their base the CORs can and should be blasting it with Leaden every chance they get.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-02-20 11:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We did 3 runs last night (I was on BLU) and here was what I noticed when fighting the Escalents:

The twitherm are extremely squishy to physical damage. I would often times run past the elementals to target the twitherm and they'd be dead often by just casting Sinker Drill. One of our Melee changed from SAM to BLM, and I saw him 1-shot one of the elementals with a high tier elemental nuke. It seems that making a diverse party (elemental magic damage AND melee damage) is key to farming fast Puissance.

If you're going to have melee target the twitherm and mages target the elementals, I'd suggest that the melee come /dnc so that the party can split up to hunt down Escalents. Raw DD power doesn't seem to be too terribly important since the twitherm die so quickly, so coming /dnc to not have to rely one someone for cures seems like a solid strategy (or come as a melee job like BLU that can cure itself, but I may just be biased in that opinion :P )

With regard to the pets, setting up a few worms for early defense seems to be wise. We were farming puissance to 1k as quickly as possible so that we could spawn an NM to start the assault on the stronghold as quickly as possible, and then focus on defense after the NM was out. However, we had 1 run where our base got overwhelmed because we were too slow setting up defenses.

One interesting thing of note, one of our runs we spawned a Suzaku as the NM pet, and it used chainspell on the stronghold, taking away 10% of the stronghold's health per spell cast. That was pretty cool to watch.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-20 11:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

I did this last night and it seemed to buy a little bit of time. Luopans can't seem to take more than 3-4 hits, but time is of the essence with the new Skirmish, so even a few seconds can really help.
With haste and fast cast you should be able to recast geo regen before they advance to the base, tulfaire seem to break away easier tho. I was able to hold almost all of them indefinitely
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 11:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

With haste and fast cast you should be able to recast geo regen before they advance to the base, tulfaire seem to break away easier tho. I was able to hold almost all of them indefinitely

Hmm, so you're talking about constantly running in front of the mobs pathing and putting up a Luopan to temporarily block them?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-20 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah an unengaged 'malicious' monsters en route to your marchland base will aggro a smn pet, luopan etc.
Summoners are actually better than geos in this regard because you can make the enemy run away from the base by kiting it.
Our smn managed to kite an incoming cracklaw halfway across the map doing this technique.
Haven't brought a bst yet, but i'd imagine fully -dt'd slug or other def heavy pet would probably be really nice for this.

edit: once they actually get to your base and start hitting it, they didnt seem to passively aggro a pet anymore so this technique applies to mainly intercepting them beforehand.
Ideally you'd want to kite them in a direction that will allow them to path into your advancing valiants so they will be fought and defeated by them.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 11:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
yeah an unengaged 'malicious' monsters en route to your marchland base will aggro a smn pet, luopan etc.
Summoners are actually better than geos in this regard because you can make the enemy run away from the base by kiting it.
Our smn managed to kite an incoming cracklaw halfway across the map doing this technique.
Haven't brought a bst yet, but i'd imagine fully -dt'd slug or other def heavy pet would probably be really nice for this.

Interesting. I may give this a shot then on my SMN.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-20 13:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The worms will also target the elementals so if you bring 3 or so back to camp, a ga3 will one shot them all, the nuke forlike 20k lol. Also the whm can cure bomb a sky god or even a crab to make things easy. Byakko wrecks them with claw cyclone.

Also we used shield on first run and always popped Genbu, sword on 2nd and got byakko. I've heard sash is kirin.

Does upgrading the book carry to the next floor?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-20 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also has anyone tried using a trust and casting curaga on it, thus hitting your army of crabs/colibri? Would be awesome if that worked
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 13:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does upgrading the book carry to the next floor?

Its in OP:

Quote:
Players may use motes of Puissance to amend the Ars Monstrum, thereby increasing its level. An amended Ars Monstrum will enable you to summon additional varieties of the Valiant, as well as increase their level. The Ars Monstrum's maximum level is 3, but advancing to the next section will reset it to 1.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-21 13:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did this on 5/5/5

It's actually really easy once you get the gist of what you need to do.

The area the battle takes place in is actually VERY small-- so it doesn't take much to find everything. I can probably be done easily with 2 people. Just have 1 guy manning the book to spawn NPC monster helpers and one guy hunting elementals for the motes to buy said helpers. The NPC Valiants do practically all of the work.

It's basically League of Legends without enemy champions. Your goal is to destroy the enemy stronghold using your minions before they get yours.

* Do not try to farm points before moving between floors. Motes are wiped for each floor. Go up immediately as soon as the cairn spawns-- it will spawn as soon as the enemy stronghold is destroyed.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-21 13:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of Cartoon Wars. Kill fodder to get gold to buy NPCs and then tug-of-war between your fodder and other fodder, and fodders advance towards eachother's bases. When your fodder kills their fodder completely, your fodder will attack the base, and vice versa. When their base is destroyed, advance floors. At higher floors, the latency for enemy fodder advancing much sooner, so you need to seek out mobs to kill asap or your base will be destroyed very quick.

I like having 1 SCH cuz i can tag like 5 elementals with a helix in a few sec and they die in a few ticks. RegenV everyone start of each floor too.

SMN is the best job for book camping, hastega 2 applies to the fodder, also heavenward howl grants up to 25% damage converted into endrain and the endrain deals added damage unlike samba. Since the scale of damage is like x10 for the fodders(they hit eachother for 6-7k per hit and have millions of HP, the endrain does like 800-1k+).
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-21 16:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Made a vid if anyone wants to see what it's like inside

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-21 18:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Balamor's Adumbration has a chance to spawn in place of the stronghold. So far this has spelled instant-lose for our group, as almost no Escalents will spawn on a floor with him on it, yet plenty of enemies come swarming in on us anyway.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 20:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated with some of my (extremelly) cheap augments with all my amount of nq stones and hq stones with low price in the helios hands, the first i got.

Only thing worthwhile that i saw was regen +1 augment. This set can make for a good idle gear also.

Just a note to encourage people, the augment process seems pretty decent, there is not much reason to butthurt. There is no miss (like just pdt1) like previous skirmish, so that make the process like 1000% better. Each stone you pop is one stat received. Got a fc5 in my gloves and kept it erasing my regen. I was after that fc5 for a long time, and got it with a hq1. Possibly higher with hq2.

I didnt notice any mab/macc. Possibly it comes from snow stones (snow stones does not drop in yorcia skirmish, just rala/cirdas).

Dusk is supose to be stats.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2015-02-22 04:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
With regard to the pets, setting up a few worms for early defense seems to be wise

We did five or six hours worth of this last night. We started off with that strategy but quickly found a better one because at higher levels enemy monsters will start very close to your base and have annoying aoe's that will kill the base even when you have worms out. So now we just skip worms and send five crabs ASAP, then either the kitty or a small army of colibri followed by coerls or dragons, which by this time we've usually won.

Setup was DNC (book guy), SCH SCH RDM (me) THF BLU (magic damage mode). DNC parked at the book and spent the entire fight in the menu. THF would hunt down twitherm and occasionally swing by the enemy output to finish off the last 1%. SCH's BLU and myself ran around and one shoted elementals to feed the book guy. On the first floor or two you want to select buffs from the accessions because on higher floors you need those first 1500 points ASAP. It's critical to keep the enemies away from your base, you don't want them anywhere near it otherwise their aoe crap will kill it off.

Doing that, we were getting full clears in 17m on 5's and if we got the boss, then we could go on indefinitely but quit when we noticed the treasure pool doesn't grow after it's got 10 items in it.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 06:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to get the map from high tier legs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-22 06:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This might've been said already, but this ***sounds entirely too much like League of Legends, and all those other stupid trendy games right now.

Basic as ***, and you just eat this ***up.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2015-02-22 06:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is it possible to get the map from high tier legs?

No there is no map, gotta figure out directions and stuff. The maps are pretty small though. The hardest part is that on the higher waves, there will be mobs halfway to your camp when you start, so it's absolutely imperative that you start getting points. We lost our first run because we got cocky and didn't realize the camp was about to get overrun in time to pop the key, had a full inventory of 10 items too. This event highly favors anyone who can toss out Tier V nukes and one shot the elementals, or BLU's who can just blow anything up. On the earlier waves it doesn't matter but later on you will win or lose based on how long it takes you to get the first 1500 points.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 06:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been using 3 BLMs. 3 nukes T2 with the strong element can kill in a turn an Escalent. Could also use 2 turns to cleave with aga2, but the problem is to match well the correct element. Strong oposite: 3 T2 nukes kills. Same element: it almost takes no dmg. Neutral: requires 2 turns of T2 nukes.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2015-02-22 09:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Ive been using 3 BLMs. 3 nukes T2 with the strong element can kill in a turn an Escalent. Could also use 2 turns to cleave with aga2, but the problem is to match well the correct element. Strong oposite: 3 T2 nukes kills. Same element: it almost takes no dmg. Neutral: requires 2 turns of T2 nukes.

Unless your botting with multi-boxes this is kinda unworkable. Just Aspir -> Tier V -> Dead. Do it over and over again while the book guy pours out mobs. Most importantly everyone has to split up so you can find the camps ASAP, you don't have time to waste wondering around. So typically each nuker takes off in a different direction that was if one ends up at a dead end or an empty area with no mobs, the others would have wound up in places that have mobs.

Can't stress this enough, at higher wave levels you have seconds to get mobs out to delay the incoming mobs. The game will spam two accuex's halfway to your camp when you warp up and they will be at the base camp in under 20s.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 09:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone tested how is those mobs meva? If subductions gravity can slow them down.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-22 09:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried sch blm and blu and let me tell you, blu is extrenely OP. I could run into a crowd of escalants and Thermal Pulse,Subductiom to kill everything. Def wanna set more hab just subduction, ice elementals, wind elementals, fragmentation elementals and sometimes the distortion elementals will resist subduction. I set subduction, thermal pulse, rending deluge and cycle those three. Also i recommend turning on an idle pdt set instead of idle refresh because they hit and nuke hard and its faster to not engage.

Also i recommend magic hammer. Withh a good nuke set, you can m.hammer for 1600-1800 and fully replenish your mp every 40s. As for butterflies, i was able to 1-shot them 95% of the time with sinker drill and since sinker drill is like a 4s recast with erratic flutter, blu is an unstoppable killing machine. Also as mentioned before, npcs dont cap their pdif on stronghold because as soon as I tourbillioned it, their damage jumped up by about 3-4k per hit(hitting from 6-7k to 9-11k). Did skirmish for like 9 hours yesterday starting as sch, and helix was broken because you can do hit and runs and tag each ele with a helix and run away, they die in 2-3 ticks, as each helix brings them from 100% to 55-40% on the next initial hit. That being said, when i switched to blu, our clear speed nearly doubled. Running into a cluster of mobs with occultation/barrier tusk, whirl of rage-> thermal pulse-> subduction-> rending deluge.

Also to prednt interrupts when aoeing, i recommend keeping up carharian verve as it's like a 30min aquaveil that prevents 10 interrupts.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8