Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2018-04-04
445 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-16 14:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try to find a cactus to test metallic body on tonight.

bubble curtain being mdt means I only need 37% -dt in pet -pdt set to cap -mdt also when bubble curtain is up.

Looks like scissor guard is 1 min to 3 min duration, I'm willing bet bubble curtain is the same. Should be able to keep all 3x defensive buffs up on a 1 min recast at 1000 TP if that is the case. will have greater tp after engaging, so more flexibility for other moves during the fight.

Which means pet will probably take 0 Damage all the time. Which means that potentially CE will never reduce due to damage...

The difficulty will be timing ready moves and spells.

Does enmity reduce when monsters hit stoneskin and do 0 damage?

The next challenge is mp for /blu. Escha zones wouuld be a non-issue, but otherwise optimal cor rolls would be companion and evoker's rolls. can't idle in bst's minimal refresh gear and keep pet -dt maxed out. or refresh bubble. those are most likely in a pet party. but refresh support is definitely needed for /blu.

/run is an option. throwing pflug, vallation and swordplay all at once and snarling is certainly much faster than spells for claiming hate on pet, but upkeep is much more challenging. 3 ~5 min recast timers don't allow for much. Flash is single target on 1 min recast timer. The main niche I'm seeing here is Group Tanking in a pet party. single targets, pup is plenty reliable.

/pld is pretty terrible for getting enmity on pet. not much is AoE hate, and what is is mostly VE instead of CE. CE is much more valuable for pet tanking because of the extreme damage reduction.

/war is an option, but its all VE instead of CE. you can constantly provoke and snarl on the same timer, but whats the point in using single target tools.

I think I would only every try this w/ /blu or /run, the /run I'd probably want cor to random deal right after, so I can use JA again for building enmity.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-16 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that was the idea. Being the only way to cap mdt and doing so easily and hardly losing hate.

Sounds about right iirc it was actually duration testing that first clued us into base tp floor on ready testing since we kept getting duration scaling that didn't start till higher tps.

Only ways of losing hate without taking dmg besides various jas are getting hit while manawall is up, shadow loss and hit with a debuff.

/blu is probably the best just in terms of how much you can gain and how consistently you can keep going. AoE hate moves aren't necessarily needed for what you are thinking about. Tagging mobs and then doing a bunch of buff/cure based enmity would work as well for the jobs that have that anyways.

Speaking of which if you are worried about mp concerns /brd could work. And if you got enough people to buff can stay farther away most the time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-16 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
/blu is probably the best just in terms of how much you can gain and how consistently you can keep going. AoE hate moves aren't necessarily needed for what you are thinking about. Tagging mobs and then doing a bunch of buff/cure based enmity would work as well for the jobs that have that anyways.

Speaking of which if you are worried about mp concerns /brd could work. And if you got enough people to buff can stay farther away most the time.

/blu you don't get any self buff spells. full level blu has some good hate-generating buff/cure spells. you get a few weak healing spells though.

I'm not at all familiar with /brd. Sounds interesting. I'm looking thru the songs. It looks like there may be enough to work. They have lower enmity gain than the /blu spells, but short casting time, and of course no mp concerns. I actually don't even have brd leveled to 49 or have any singing/instrument skill whatsoever.

I don't really understand the healing enmity gain, and if its significant enough to be useful on /whm /rdm or /sch. It would be great!
Those mage subs are very useful even outside pet tanking, but I haven't been able to identify any useful hate generating tools.
Divine Seal > Cure 4 only works 1x.

Sublimation thru sch is especially good for mp management.

refresh from /rdm would not be enough.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-16 19:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Right but other jobs that don't have AoE hate do. Hence why you don't necessarily need AoE hate moves like /blu does. It's more of an either or thing.

Most of the /brd enmity has been nerfed but the sleep spells are fine and even buffs are okish if you hitting 6 assuming you doing the build up to never losing hate thing. Skill isn't really necessary since lol at the songs doing anything.

It might good. It's fallen out of favor because of a lot of the dmg enmity nerfs got reflected into that and pld can just spam flash and other stuff. And mage tanking isn't really a thing anymore and mages have tranquil heart :(. Also they kept changing it and so retesting got annoying when they'd change it again

Oh went back and looked at your enmity and yeah from what I could see there is a decent chance it's just aggro enmity in action.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-16 21:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I tested again tonight w/ someone else pulling the mob, and me doing the same test. The mob hits me 1x then turns to pet.

/sigh
disappointed.

It should still work for pet party, but probably nothing else.

thank you for the /brd idea. should be useful. especially for ambuscade group tanking. can spend the beginning just cycling all the etude's, then try to claim w/ horde lullaby and snarl it off.

do you get more enmity from brd songs when you hit more targets?
By clearlyamule 2018-05-17 10:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

AoE buff/cure enmity is, outside of cura I think, always counted per target effected assuming that target is in range. That's part of why AoE buffs can be awesome or meh. Like that meh 20 CE becomes 120 and such. Mazurka used to be a few hundred CE from what I remember so was a semi popular subjob for nin tanks until they nerfed that too
By Nyarlko 2018-05-17 15:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
AoE buff/cure enmity is, outside of cura I think, always counted per target effected assuming that target is in range. That's part of why AoE buffs can be awesome or meh. Like that meh 20 CE becomes 120 and such. Mazurka used to be a few hundred CE from what I remember so was a semi popular subjob for nin tanks until they nerfed that too
Mazurka landing on 6x provided more enmity than Provoke. :x Only got to BRDtank Fafnir once after I pulled together my tanking gear before song enmity was nerfed. ;;
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-17 21:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cactrot Veloz ??? needles did 800 damage to 3x trusts, 400 to August and 191 to Aged Angus.

the only pet -dt was Stout Servent at 9%

This puts Stoneskin from metallic body at 536 HP
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-18 09:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I submitted the pet enmity gear behavior on se forums as a bug. that is, that its not effective for pet buffing ready moves or snarl.

they put it in the accepted bugs list. who knows if it will amount to anything. here's hoping.

I'm a bit unclear on the /brd enmity

Does it still work that way w/ multiple buffing targets or no?

Did they remove the multi-target enmity increase, or did they simply lower the enmity of bard songs to what it is now?
By Nyarlko 2018-05-18 13:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I submitted the pet enmity gear behavior on se forums as a bug. that is, that its not effective for pet buffing ready moves or snarl.

they put it in the accepted bugs list. who knows if it will amount to anything. here's hoping.

I'm a bit unclear on the /brd enmity

Does it still work that way w/ multiple buffing targets or no?

Did they remove the multi-target enmity increase, or did they simply lower the enmity of bard songs to what it is now?

Unless they changed the nerf, there is still a per-target enmity increase, but the base enmity was nerfed to the floor. No idea on exact values per target, but it is definitely not enough to stay at the number 2 spot on the hate list just by spamming buff songs.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-18 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The per target thing is just how the game works with all buffs. It's why people love stuff like warcry and such for quick boost or why people were bitching about pulling hate with things like protectra/shellra until they nerfed those to almost nothing. It's also what made blu/pld ridiculous for initial hate. Exuviation is 640/640 per target lol. Note the targets have to be on the hate list for it to count. I believe for something like ambuscade initial aggro is sufficient based on how mobs behave but not sure about if you die and don't get it back.

They just nerfed the hell out of mazurka and then I'm like 90% sure they nerfed everything else when people started complaining about buffs getting them hate more recently Having trouble finding old values but I could swear mazurka was over 100 CE per target a decent more VE and even random other buffs were more like 40CE.

I've given up getting excited about bugs being accepted. Between there being ones that have been accepted for over 4 years to actually catching them moving some from accepted to other sections like resolved or not a bug or not enough info when there was a ton and burying so far in those threads you pretty much wouldn't even know it got moved unless you were watching that report a good year after it was made
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-18 21:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I'm not really excited, just mildly hopeful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-20 22:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What is /brd song range?
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54