Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178
By Minaras84 2024-03-27 19:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
It's more just to mess around, its at its best maybe in dyna, as you'll always have double dark to make use of. Also don't knock on club too much, mafic judgement still puts out good numbers if you need a blunt option
I've been trying to get that bloody club for ages now, the fatty doesn't like me that much so he won't drop it ._.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-27 20:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
bst thread is one of the most positive and helpful on the entire website, let's not go changing that. no, his scythe build probably doesn't have any situations where its the best choice, but he said he did it out of boredom and just wanted to share some neat info.

Is it not helpful to inquire about whether anyone has practical uses for that scythe build created out of boredom? I didn't see one, but I also recognize that I am not omniscient and maybe someone DID find a specific use case where, hey, darkness WS on BST is really helpful.

But fine, if you want a cure for boredom, please suggest more sets that you would use for the "fun" of doing less damage.
By jubes 2024-03-27 21:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if the only goal is max damage this thread and bst would have no purpose, because they are never top damage. if you don't find wacky possibilities fun fine, i get it. just came across needlessly antagonistic even if you didn't mean it that way.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-27 22:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies for coming across too antagonistic.

I really am curious if someone finds a weird *** use where using Scythe actually is an effective strategy though. I can't think of one, but that doesn't mean there isn't one!
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-04-01 10:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Skarwind makes me wonder when I finally dropped Pixquizpan +1.

I held onto it for the longest time. I never augmented it... but now you turn out 60k+ weapon skill and I'm happy and sad. Happy to see the accomplishment, and sad to see I don't have it anymore... though should be pretty easy to make new one.

Also... dang, 2-handed bst build has a great option w/ magical damage. so... /drk or /sam... I must say I am partial to /drk.

Ok so the bad:
You need /DRK or /WAR for Infernal/SOD sadly.

I've been messing with Fencer /WAR using a Path B Pangu for Mistral spam and it's been pretty decent to me. Giving up /NIN or /DNC isn't awful.

Basically /WAR and DRK will give you a lot of flexibility via weapon skills. It expands Sword/Scythe and even Club Viability.

Sanguine is nice to have if you are cheesing savage blade anyways. Also it's another darkness WS that won't interrupt skill chains.

Shield options suck though. (Sacro won't drop for me lmao)

I use Evalach+1 for DD/Hybrid. It's a decent jack of all trades shield at R15.

You gain a decent chunk of HP, DT-4, matk+11, and acc/Mac+20

Regarding the Scythe:
The UNM.fight sucks and is annoying.

I might also make the Ambu Scythe for shits and giggles. Spiral Hell becomes pretty decent and it isn't a bad Magical WS weapon either.

More.on the UNM:
As for Wyvern Hunter Bambrix I cheesed it on DRK. I would pre-buff on Pugils/Scorps. Trusts would pre-buff too. They will most likely die each fight.

MB Drain 3 with Omelette Sandwich for 10K HP (Breaks the 9999 cap), Absorb all Stats/Acc. Lock Shnedick Ring on my Secondary Ring Slot. The 18.5% speed is needed to outrun the bombs/mines. The blast radius is huge. I still had people die at 25 away. Could of just been latency.

After popping I'd drag him to the far wall

I would use Father Time and open with Entropy -> Cross Reaper. I would book it and start running right after. Make sure he Eagle Eye Shots you, this is the trigger for the bombs. It's possible to run too far, and trap yourself. You want to basically stay in EES range until he shoots you.

Repeat until he's dead. Every 20% the bomb/mines double. He can also use them back to back. Don't be afraid to run out of bounds temporarily.

Also be careful he loves to stun with frying pan. That's why I was using Father Time, it let me cap subtle blow to minimize his frying pan move.

A few fights I got tagged by the bombs which also adds nasty enfeeble. IIRC bombs will gravity and silence you. Each bomb also does 1500 damage per pop. I had to swap to Apoc and catastrophe a few times.

Dark Knight with Drain 3 makes things more forgiving. The NM also resists dark magic/stun.

Fights are quick but you end up legit soloing the NM. This was faster than the PUP option.

With any luck you will get a neat BST Scythe and one of THE best crossbows in the game for RNG (barring mythic)
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-04-01 10:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

how dare you forget about Su4 xbow!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-04-01 10:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
how dare you forget about Su4 xbow!

I hated that thing so much. It's nice with those SU5 holy bolts though. The low delay/damage kinda ruins Path A and B otherwisem
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2024-04-05 22:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Where does Fickblix ring come into play for summoner? Experimenting with it out of curiosity and it doesn't seem to translate very well for multi hit blood pacts. From what I can tell just by eyeballing numbers and what not, BPD rings are better for multi hits and fickblix seems to be better for single hit/magic stuff implying that to me anyways that its only first hit bonus from fickblix. Anyone else have any experience utilizing this ring on SMN?

I realize this question has a SMN focus (and bloodpact behavior might be different) but this is a good opportunity to show whether or not this ring only affects the first hit of multi-hit Ready moves.

Ready moves that hit multiple times with replicating fTP:
Sweeping Gouge, Tickling Tendrils, Chomp Rush, Pentapeck, Wing Slap, Pecking Flurry

iLvl 119 VivaciousVickie Sweeping Gouge Test:

Fickblix's ring

TPMinimumMaximumRatio

With Fickblix's Ring:
TPMinimumMaximumRatio

VivaciousVickie TP/hit: 75 TP
Missing 1st hit but connecting subsequent hit: 10 TP

Managed to whiff the first hit a couple times with Fickblix's Ring equipped.

So the Pet: DMG+10% effect is active for all hits of Sweeping Gouge.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-04-06 08:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Where does Fickblix ring come into play for summoner? Experimenting with it out of curiosity and it doesn't seem to translate very well for multi hit blood pacts. From what I can tell just by eyeballing numbers and what not, BPD rings are better for multi hits and fickblix seems to be better for single hit/magic stuff implying that to me anyways that its only first hit bonus from fickblix. Anyone else have any experience utilizing this ring on SMN?

I realize this question has a SMN focus (and bloodpact behavior might be different) but this is a good opportunity to show whether or not this ring only affects the first hit of multi-hit Ready moves.

Ready moves that hit multiple times with replicating fTP:
Sweeping Gouge, Tickling Tendrils, Chomp Rush, Pentapeck, Wing Slap, Pecking Flurry

iLvl 119 VivaciousVickie Sweeping Gouge Test:

Fickblix's ring

TPMinimumMaximumRatio

With Fickblix's Ring:
TPMinimumMaximumRatio

VivaciousVickie TP/hit: 75 TP
Missing 1st hit but connecting subsequent hit: 10 TP

Managed to whiff the first hit a couple times with Fickblix's Ring equipped.

So the Pet: DMG+10% effect is active for all hits of Sweeping Gouge.

Thanks for sharing that! My SMN isn't great by any means so perhaps its just how my sets are and the fact that it was just "eyeballing" that lead me to believe it wasn't being applied to all hits. Certainly makes the ring more useful.
By Minaras84 2024-04-11 20:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm building a waltz set because why not.
I saw the set made by Falkirk and i have questions. He uses Handler's earring for the second spot.
Isn't Regal earring better?
Same for the second ring, isn'r Valseur better?
And finally something im not sure, ammo Voluspa thatlum.
Would Sonia plecturm worth it? (1% potency}
Opinions?
By jubes 2024-04-11 23:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

waltz potency caps at 50% so once you reach that use chr items or waltz potency received. bst can't wear regal earring. don't need valseur or sonia to hit 50.
By Minaras84 2024-04-12 02:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

waltz potency caps at 50% so once you reach that use chr items or waltz potency received. bst can't wear regal earring. don't need valseur or sonia to hit 50.

Sorry, i meant Enchanter's earring +1.
It gives CHR +5.
And how does a bst can reach 50%?
By jubes 2024-04-12 02:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm wondering that now myself. i personally don't use valorous and wasn't aware you could get 10% waltz potency on it, maybe a dark matter augment?

my waltz set uses 3/5 taeon with 5% waltz potency + gleti's body and dashing subligar. with ambuscade cape, that hits 45%.
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-04-12 03:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm wondering that now myself. i personally don't use valorous and wasn't aware you could get 10% waltz potency on it, maybe a dark matter augment?

my waltz set uses 3/5 taeon with 5% waltz potency + gleti's body and dashing subligar. with ambuscade cape, that hits 45%.

Techniques, and there is the campaign.
Apparently getting waltz+ is extremely rare unfortunately
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2024-04-12 05:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The set on the front page was based on this post:
Theoretical Curing Waltz Gearset (2019)

Minaras84 said: »
Same for the second ring, isn'r Valseur better?
And finally something im not sure, ammo Voluspa thatlum.
Would Sonia plecturm worth it? (1% potency}
Opinions?

I think those options are acceptable (I use Valseur's Ring and Sonia's Plectrum because I don't have max Waltz Potency augments).

Currently using something similar to Jubes:
It's enough to cure over 500 HP with Curing Waltz III, if memory serves.

Minaras84 said: »
Sorry, i meant Enchanter's earring +1.
It gives CHR +5.

enchanter's earring +1 is good - I believe the set was designed for using Waltz on self, so player VIT was taken into consideration with the NQ handler's earring.

Curing Waltz III:
Amount cured = floor((Dancer's CHR + Receiver's VIT)*0.75) + 270HP
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-04-12 06:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So as for waltz potency i use the following:

Body: Gleti body ( +10%}
Hand: Taeon hands (+5%)
Valseur ring: (+ 3%)
Askeplian ring: (+3%)
Artio's mantle: (+10%)
Subligar: (+10%}

So total is 41%, so with the plectrum i would reach 42%.

With this setup i heal myself for 730 hp.
So if im lucky (and im not), i need one Valorous piece with +8% (or two pieces or whatever i get )and ill reach 50%, or two extra pieces of taeon with 5% each.
I won't augment valorous head cause i use the salde.
I wonder if i would able to reach 1'000 hp.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-04-12 06:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 364698

My waltz set
10% body
10% back
10% legs
hands 7%
feet 8%
ring 3%

shucks, I forgot I never finished it... wonder if I was holding out for better augments on valorous hands/feet. I had 9 on body before gleti's... so yes dark matter augments get it for you.

Guess I really should get the headpiece to fill it out, then maybe swap in Metamorph ring +1
[+]
By Minaras84 2024-04-12 06:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Daaaamn, you're extremly close!
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-04-12 14:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember old testing showing waltz had a lower cap then 50% but I never tested. After tests I went from 35% to 45% and it still increased waltz taken so this might have been changed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-04-13 12:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
I remember old testing showing waltz had a lower cap then 50% but I never tested. After tests I went from 35% to 45% and it still increased waltz taken so this might have been changed.

..or you could look at the bg-wiki page for waltz.. look at the references for potency testing at the bottom, and see the thread where Byrth recorded his finding testing waltz potency.. and double check it if you are really doubtful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2024-04-13 17:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »

This was my recollection too! Looks like the testing and BGwiki page was updated about a decade ago. :)

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
On the topic of Terror, has anyone done any testing with Feral Howl recently? The page for it says that "Fire-based monsters also tend to be immune."

With such a long JA timer, it's a bit of a process to get many samples... but a quick check on Fire Elementals shows it can at least land at all:

That part was easy to check, but the Immunobreak stuff is a bit more esoteric to me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-04-19 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395450

Just interesting food for thought

looks like we can make a 95% Crit Rate set
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
Server: Asura
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2024-04-20 15:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Blistering sallet +1
+
Flame's Prominence tincture

= 100% crit
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-20 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395450

Just interesting food for thought

looks like we can make a 95% Crit Rate set

This ignores 5% base crit rate plus 5% crit rate from merits, you're already over 100% crit (with stage 5 prime)
By Heghmoh 2024-04-25 15:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Any Prime Axe BSTs able to talk me out of dumping 3.5m galli? I recently caught the BST bug and am really enjoying it….how is blitz performing?
 Asura.Hotworks
Server: Asura
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2024-04-25 15:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure make the axe....after you have the dagger gs gk polearm flute.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-04-26 05:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
Any Prime Axe BSTs able to talk me out of dumping 3.5m galli? I recently caught the BST bug and am really enjoying it….how is blitz performing?

Even at Stage 4 Spalirisos and Blitz are the best physical damage for axe weaponskills. however you really want the tp bonus offhand for this. I use Fernagu, don't have Ikenga's unlocked to 30 yet.

Damage varies from 30k ~75k w/ only trusts and killer instinct.

skillchain damage was fantastic too.
By Minaras84 2024-04-26 08:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »

Even at Stage 4 Spalirisos and Blitz are the best physical damage for axe weaponskills. however you really want the tp bonus offhand for this. I use Fernagu, don't have Ikenga's unlocked to 30 yet.

Damage varies from 30k ~75k w/ only trusts and killer instinct.

skillchain damage was fantastic too.

Wow, why is the gap so big?
45k difference is a lot.
Unfortunately given axes are slashing dmg, the combo naegling & tp axe sub still outperform any axe ws.
At this stage the only must have is just Aymur. (imho)
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178