Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 4 ... 175 176 177
 Shiva.Arenegeth
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arenegeth
By Shiva.Arenegeth 2015-02-26 07:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Pet: Mab 25+ with a Snoworb +1 on Acro Hands.

This potentially opens a pet mab set for BST for our magical Ready moves like Fireball, which already two-shot non Fire/Water Eles in Yorcia Alluvion.

EDIT: Was a Snoworb not a Leaforb.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-27 13:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With the advent of alluvion yorcia gear, which af/af2 is still worth upgrading?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-27 14:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Totemic Jackcoat+1, Ankusa Trousers+1 and Ankusa Gaiters+1 - for Reward - are the only essentials as far as upgraded armor goes.

Augmented Monster Helm+2 & Gloves+2 still do their intended macro effects regardless of reforging if you don't want to spend the money/chapters on them.

Everything else seems to have an Alluvion alternative (that is made superior with additional augment choices).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 15:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to report the khumbaso ehting (alluvion skirmish axe) can have pdt up till 4% and pet: tp bonus 200.
[+]
By Trigue 2015-02-28 18:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Falkirk, I'm not good with using GearSwap and I have a suggestion about combining your lua with Bokura's lua (http://pastebin.com/RdyWz8HZ). You're lua is excellent for utilizing your pets capabilities but I've noticed that there isn't a toggle to lock your pets sets and toggle between them when you want to idle while your pet does all the dirty work. And your lua doesn't have high haste tp sets which would be beneficial when having trusts out. Bokura's lua has both of those but it lacks your lua's pet friendly aspects. I've been trying to mesh the two together for a couple of hours now but I do not have a clue what I'm doing so I decided to bring it up here and see if anyone else can tackle this because I think it would be a great idea if possible. Cheers o/
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 19:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Im building my mule bst with all pet: pdt i can get (prob will miss the astolfos and mog hat) because i was thinking maybe, just maybe, bst could triumph in new skirmish? Like, there was a lot of time since bst doesnt figure as a good option for any endgame. And skirmish is all about pet, weakeness, etc.

If avatars and luopans can buy some time against mobs, why can not a bst pet? With that in mind, im trying to fully turtle a crab pet.

So, did any bst tested how the pet deals against the mobs wave? Depending how effective the pet can tank, even to just buy some time, if he can survive against 5 or 6 mobs at same time, bst can become a very important piece.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-28 19:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Trigue said: »
Hey Falkirk, I'm not good with using GearSwap and I have a suggestion about combining your lua with Bokura's lua (http://pastebin.com/RdyWz8HZ). You're lua is excellent for utilizing your pets capabilities but I've noticed that there isn't a toggle to lock your pets sets and toggle between them when you want to idle while your pet does all the dirty work. And your lua doesn't have high haste tp sets which would be beneficial when having trusts out. Bokura's lua has both of those but it lacks your lua's pet friendly aspects. I've been trying to mesh the two together for a couple of hours now but I do not have a clue what I'm doing so I decided to bring it up here and see if anyone else can tackle this because I think it would be a great idea if possible. Cheers o/

Ok, updated the file to try and incorporate all of that.

When your pet is engaged (but you aren't) it will default to sets.idle.Pet.Engaged - but you'll need to self update by either pressing F12 or by using a JA or something if you've only used the Fight command and are standing idle at a distance.

There's a new Defense option called "Pet PDT" so you can just activate defense mode for that. Ctrl+F10 changes Defense modes.

Added a "Haste" TP option for each accuracy tier, so you can cycle through all of those options with F9.

Hope that helps. :)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 19:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just rechecked the pet pdt set, does acro dt3 beats ferine gausape+2? Im not familiar with that piece, but doesnt that piece works as dt- also?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-28 19:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I just rechecked the pet pdt set, does acro dt3 beats ferine gausape+2? Im not familiar with that piece, but doesnt that piece works as dt- also?

Ferine Gausape+2 can work as DT- for the master under certain conditions. Or are you talking about the Quijotes? Stout Servant+1 is Pet:DT-2%, so Acro augment would be better (until they reforge them).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-03-01 09:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Heyo, three quick questions here.

Does anyone know if Swooping frenzy stacks with Pestilent Plume? My guess would be no, but I don't know for sure.

Do we have an exact formula for Cloud Splitter?

Would anyone be interested in watching a Beastmaster only delve? We're pretty close to beating Tojil with only 3x Bst. If we took some support I know we could win.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-01 17:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Heyo, three quick questions here.

Does anyone know if Swooping frenzy stacks with Pestilent Plume? My guess would be no, but I don't know for sure.

Do we have an exact formula for Cloud Splitter?

Would anyone be interested in watching a Beastmaster only delve? We're pretty close to beating Tojil with only 3x Bst. If we took some support I know we could win.

1. You're right, they don't stack.

3000 TP Cloudsplitter = 5014
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/Swooping = 6685
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/Pestilent = 6685
3000 TP Cloudsplitter w/Swooping & Pestilent = 6685

2. Edit: Everything we know about Cloudsplitter is here, which I'm sure you've already looked at. dasva's fTP testing is here and there's some iLvl Magic-based WS formula info here.

3. Yes. :) And good luck!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-02 00:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the amazing guide.

Just wanted to point out that Taeon Body can get DT augment on it (guide shows PDT) from using a Duskorb.

Was trying to get a hybrid DW body for master/pet tping, and accidentally ended up with this:

[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-02 03:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a great Guide !

GJ !!!
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 03:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Please tell me i wasnt the only one who thought this?
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 03:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, i have never cared for beast and one can imagine that a sticky was never made because no one cares but if thats the case, which after this.. i doubt... i think its never been made out of the pure info required. This is hands down the most tedious job to cover, outside of bluemage which i believe in "explanation" fails to compete even tho to "concur" in action may prove harder.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-02 05:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just wanted to point out that Taeon Body can get DT augment on it (guide shows PDT) from using a Duskorb.

Thanks! Corrected. :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-02 08:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Acro can hit at least -4% DT from dusk (used +1)

sorry for the constant posting!

[+]
By honeycomb 2015-03-04 00:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Augment Taeon set is crit.hit +4 or double atk +5% better for a pet ready set? I got the max 4% pet DT and pet Acc & atk max to 25 so just see on the top ? i ask and ty for any info.
 Shiva.Mulitus
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-03-04 06:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

on the Acro Leggings for augment got pet regen 3 but not sure how it works when pet idle i don't see a difference and during the fight don't see anything . Thought it would be 3 hp a tic on pet . Can someone explain to me what pet regen is and how to activate it.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-03-04 06:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know the recipe's for the 3 new jugs released in the last update?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-04 07:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mulitus said: »
on the Acro Leggings for augment got pet regen 3 but not sure how it works when pet idle i don't see a difference and during the fight don't see anything . Thought it would be 3 hp a tic on pet . Can someone explain to me what pet regen is and how to activate it.

The Pet: Regen is active, but the amount is so small compared to the Max HP pool of typical BST pets. If the average Pet HP is ~5000, then to see a 1% HP difference would require 16 regen tics which takes almost 50 seconds.

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Does anyone know the recipe's for the 3 new jugs released in the last update?

The links are in the Bestiary of the guide, but they're:

Sticky Webbing:
Gnat Wing
Twitherym Wing
Chapuli Wing
Mantid Carapace

Sugary Broth:
Walnut
Honey
Ulbuconut
Rolanberry

Poisonous Broth:
Gnatbane
Venom Dust
Distilled Water
Umbril Ooze
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-03-04 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bug-ridden Broth is the main one I`m looking for, there doesn't seem to be any information about how to get it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-04 08:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Bug-ridden Broth is the main one I`m looking for, there doesn't seem to be any information about how to get it.

The recipe is here.
Synergy
Adept
Cooking

- Snapweed Secretion
- Gnat Wing
- Ladybug Wing
- Panopt Tear
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-03-04 08:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, thanks. I should pay more attention to the OF.
By honeycomb 2015-03-04 16:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wonder for the augment gear what would be better for a Pet ready set crit.hit +4 or double atk +5 for a augment?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-06 16:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

honeycomb said: »
On the Augment Taeon set is crit.hit +4 or double atk +5% better for a pet ready set? I got the max 4% pet DT and pet Acc & atk max to 25 so just see on the top ? i ask and ty for any info.

honeycomb said: »
I was wonder for the augment gear what would be better for a Pet ready set crit.hit +4 or double atk +5 for a augment?

Did some testing related to Ready moves so I could answer your question thoroughly. :)

There are only 4 Pet Ready moves that can currently crit: Foot Kick, Big Scissors, Power Attack, and Sickle Slash. Basically, BST Ready moves follow the same rules as weaponskills, so if it doesn't mention Critical in the description, then it isn't possible (even with Crit gear/atma/etc).

But let's say you really like to use Rabbit pets and you want "Pet:Critical Hit Rate+" as part of your Foot Kick set. Okay, well here's some info on that:

Lvl 99 PonderingPeter's Foot Kick vs. Wild Rabbits
75 TP (+500 WAR Fencer TP Bonus) = 575 TP
dDEX Crit = 20%
Gear Crit = 5% (2% Mirke, 3% Axe)

Non-crit Range: 6546-6859
Crit Range: 7057-7408
Crit Rate: 81.33%

After you subtract the dDEX Crit (20%) and the gear Crit (5%), you see it's ~56.33% Crit chance at ~600 TP. Probably 50% chance at theoretical 0 TP. Haven't tested the 3000 TP scenario yet, but it could be 70~80% crit chance, so you could push that close to 100% with some Pet: Crit Rate augments if that's worth it to you.

Bottom line: I don't think I'd recommend building Pet: Crit gear for just those 4 Ready moves.

So on the other hand, there's the "Pet:Double Attack+5%" augment. This will apply to all physical Pet Ready moves, but sadly is not terribly useful either. Similar to SMN Avatars, a DA proc only adds a single melee swing worth of damage to your Ready move. You've probably seen what happens when you whiff the first hit and only connect the second/third.

You get that tiny hit of damage and 10 TP return as a result. That's your DA proc.

This augment, while weak for Ready moves, can double as a good Pet Idle option though, especially in combination with the Pet:DT-/Acc/Atk augments you got on your pieces.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-03-07 21:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Added Pet: Evasion+25 to Snoworb on the chart.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-03-07 23:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been done now. Tojil was downed a few minutes ago by 4x BST 1 GEO and 1 COR. Not sure if anyone else has tried it before, but it is VERY fun and Very doable. Sadly, no one was recording this run(didn't know if we would win).

We will record the next one though.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-03-07 23:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
It's been done now. Tojil was downed a few minutes ago by 4x BST 1 GEO and 1 COR. Not sure if anyone else has tried it before, but it is VERY fun and Very doable. Sadly, no one was recording this run(didn't know if we would win).

We will record the next one though.

Very impressive! Did you do 1-5 + Boss? Or did you bead out anything that might have posed a problem for a majority BST setup such as Matamata?

{Battle strategies}? {Can I have it?}
First Page 2 3 4 ... 175 176 177