Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-19 08:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

While you make good points about a good set to have... it really becomes a discussion of what sets the guide should include.

In your opinion, should it just list tons of tp sets for the current meta?

Hybrid set, Hybrid pet tanking set, dual wield set, stp for mythic aftermath set, Multihit set, counter set, subtle blow set..

or should the recommended tp set just match your preference? because that option is just endless argument about preferences.

though its a nice problem to have, because it means there are various useful options.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-19 09:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't said to change set in guide. Just saying I completely dislike that set and suggested alternative for people, not for guide :)
[+]
By Bazing 2021-08-19 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with both of you. The glass cannon set doesn't need to be deleted but it's a set I almost never use for the points Simon mentioned apart from perhaps solo'ing weak mobs that hit for ***anyways. In the glass set you can never use Sheep zerk buff cause you'll die faster than a full ratri DRK, let alone avoid debuffs.
Simon's set is def one you should use on BST (or try to aim for) in any "endgame" related content.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-19 10:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazing said: »
I agree with both of you. The glass cannon set doesn't need to be deleted but it's a set I almost never use for the points Simon mentioned apart from perhaps solo'ing weak mobs that hit for ***anyways. In the glass set you can never use Coeurl or Sheep zerk buff cause you'll die faster than a full ratri DRK, let alone avoid debuffs.
Simon's set is def one you should use on BST (or try to aim for) in any "endgame" related content.

Frenzied rage is only an attack buff. there is no def down effect from it.
By Bazing 2021-08-19 10:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know lol, I meant to type Sheep only but i'm still half asleep. That wasn't the point of the post tho
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-08-19 15:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I completely dislike that set from guide tbh. Seems really outdated. Sacrificing way too much survivability and meva for pure multihit. THF has glass cannon set like that, except that set for THF really adds massive DPS (still hard to use for most end game), while this one for BST probably only barely edges out other options.

Personally I think something like this would be good TP gear for BST:

ItemSet 381574

This is a really strong set. And I agree with you re: the TP generation, since Decimation doesn't benefit from TP overflow. The only thing I would say is that this set is much harder for a new or returning player to build. The non-DM set in the guide is almost more like a mid-game set at this point (you could solo or duo the entire thing pretty easily) but you've got some pieces here that will require a more serious group and more effort.
By Minaras84 2021-09-08 22:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the Decimation spam with the Dolichenus, is the aqua belt a good option?
Just working on brd harp, so ive been dropping hundreds of these lol
By SimonSes 2021-09-09 05:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
Given the Decimation spam with the Dolichenus, is the aqua belt a good option?
Just working on brd harp, so ive been dropping hundreds of these lol

It is, but its better to just make Fotia belt from all elemental belts.
By Gaigin 2021-09-15 08:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

Just thought I would share something that's been very successful for me for solo CP. I can only imagine it would apply just as well for any Aquan content you are looking to put the hurt on.

With Dolichenus, I have been in Dho gates fighting Apex Pugils and Crabs. Trying to find the right balance of good skill chain and good predation had been challenging. I started with Swooping Frenzy and was using Naegling to make light with decent success. But I didn't know how to use an Axe in that same situation.

This will be well known for many I am sure but for newer BST (which I am seeing a lot of), having Killer Instinct active with predation and a defense down ready move is the key to really stomping things. Finally I started with a level 1 to level 2 to level 3 instead of making a two step. That is done all the time with darkness with Primal / Onslaught before and after Tegima buffet and Cross Thrash. For a great chain with Axe though: Smash Axe > Swooping Frenzy > Decimation. The light damage you get off of this is between 30 and 95k for me. If you are doing the Unleash pet buff thing with sheep and lnyx, you will see 99k for the whole 9mins.

Try it out and let me know what you think!
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-09-15 09:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

This is what I use for non AM3 set and I've found great success with it, I use Anu's torque though for inventory slot purposes
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-15 10:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a very good set, I used it in Odyssey seg farm and it was basically on par with a glass cannon set that I used from what I could tell. Was using Doli and not Naegling, and I don't have the Shinryu OH but it was till somewhat decent (by BSTs standards).
 Bahamut.Kageniai
Server: Bahamut
user: Godssin
By Bahamut.Kageniai 2021-09-17 02:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to get midcast on ready moves to equip on any Lua including Falks. Anyone able to enlighten me? Not changing anything at all cept removing the gear and putting mine in. Not even changing the sets themselves just the gear they hold.
By Gaigin 2021-09-20 17:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

Considering I have time to work on one job at a time, and I chose Beastmaster, I have a question about the Moonshade Earring. My main damage as it stands now will be Decimation with Dolichenus. Since I do not benefit at all from TP overflow, should I be choosing attack +4 and Regain +10? I understand that it is only active when I am engaged, but that seems a lot better for a BST.

What do you think?
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-09-20 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaigin said: »
Hello all,

Considering I have time to work on one job at a time, and I chose Beastmaster, I have a question about the Moonshade Earring. My main damage as it stands now will be Decimation with Dolichenus. Since I do not benefit at all from TP overflow, should I be choosing attack +4 and Regain +10? I understand that it is only active when I am engaged, but that seems a lot better for a BST.

What do you think?

To be honest, you'll still need that TP bonus earring for many other WS. Unless you're expecting to only (and I mean only) use Decimation, you'll want that bonus.
By Vankathka 2021-09-20 17:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonshade earring is not a TP earring its a WS earring unless you have refresh on it for mages, always get the TP Bonus version of it if you plan on using any weaponskills, you won't always be using Decimation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kageniai
By Bahamut.Kageniai 2021-09-21 14:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we have sets anywhere for non-attack capped situations? All the WS sets here seem to be for attack cap only which BST doesn't have the luxury of all that often.
[+]
By Vankathka 2021-09-21 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can essentially just replace any Gleti gear with appropriately augmented Valor gear, str/wsd etc for the 1 hits and DA for Decimation/Ruinator. Can also use Skormoth mask and the like for Decimation, I wouldn't suggest using Argosy gear anymore but that is also a choice.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-09-21 20:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kageniai said: »
Do we have sets anywhere for non-attack capped situations? All the WS sets here seem to be for attack cap only which BST doesn't have the luxury of all that often.

I think we're not that badly positioned in terms of attack, certainly better off than other "light" DDs. It depends on what you're doing of course but we have both a strong defense down and a strong attack boost to help reach cap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kageniai
By Bahamut.Kageniai 2021-09-22 21:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Vankathka said: »
You can essentially just replace any Gleti gear with appropriately augmented Valor gear, str/wsd etc for the 1 hits and DA for Decimation/Ruinator. Can also use Skormoth mask and the like for Decimation, I wouldn't suggest using Argosy gear anymore but that is also a choice.

Thanks! Will work on this.

Asura.Sirris said: »
Bahamut.Kageniai said: »

I think we're not that badly positioned in terms of attack, certainly better off than other "light" DDs. It depends on what you're doing of course but we have both a strong defense down and a strong attack boost to help reach cap.

I was more talking about the fact that, at least I personally, haven't been in parties to often so I don't tend to cap pDif. Not solo anyways which is 99% of my experience so far.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-09-30 01:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally returning to Gaol NMs, and Mboze is up next for us. I'll be on BST, and I know the general outline of my duties for the fight, but I had a couple questions, if anyone can provide some input.

For Fatso's TP Drainkiss, how should I be gearing for it? I know it scales quite well with TP Bonus, but do I need acc, macc, or a combination to reliably land it?

Outside of reapplying Killer Instinct with Bertha then returning to Fatso, is there anything else I can provide for the team?
By Vaerix 2021-09-30 02:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Finally returning to Gaol NMs, and Mboze is up next for us. I'll be on BST, and I know the general outline of my duties for the fight, but I had a couple questions, if anyone can provide some input.

For Fatso's TP Drainkiss, how should I be gearing for it? I know it scales quite well with TP Bonus, but do I need acc, macc, or a combination to reliably land it?

Outside of reapplying Killer Instinct with Bertha then returning to Fatso, is there anything else I can provide for the team?

Realistically, from what I've seen is TP Drainkiss is 100% accuracy at all times and is a full tp clear every single time. You need to make sure you have capped ready recast (10 seconds per ready move) after that bringing the appropriate JSE to extend Killer Instinct and of course full merits for KI with appropriate pet is your best contribution to the group.

Note: from what I've seen, in order to ensure your bosses never get a TP move off you'll need a second TP clear job, or your primary dps has to know when to slow/stop dps in order to give you time to clear tp once you hit sub 50%, sub 25% you'll need unleash in order to keep tp down and then if the boss isn't dead by the time unleash is ending you'll need a lot of luck or soul enslavement from DRK to maintain no tp moves when it can tp move at 1k TP.

This is just my observations from videos of people using BST for Mboze and a few failed attempts my group had trying to recreate the strategy.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-09-30 07:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just used a combination of Gletis and Nyame, at the time both unaugmented.
Gleti's hands for the pet DT, feet for the Lv+1, legs for the delay-5, and then nyame head and body.
Never made any actual swaps outside of the relic hands for the Lv+ when calling, and the relic head and empyrean body for the Killer Instinct.

Just be sure to time when to use Bestial Loyalty coordinated with your COR's resets, but generally, if you're in range of the DRK, you won't need to hold on to for wildcard (@<51%) and it will have already gotten reset with the first random deal. Be sure to reapply Killer Instinct and ask your DRK to turn while you do it for that last 50%.

And don't get discouraged when you fail with Mboze. It's currently unbalanced (as they've said it was balanced to being capped in their new leveling system that's "not JP2.0") but even with anything I can think of them planning to buff our mainjobs with... I can't see Mboze ever being anything more than a game of chance.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-30 08:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a fun but delicate fight lol I used nyame head, body, emp hands, gletis legs and feet + macc accessories and agwu axe. You can bestial in the lobby to get your killer instinct ready pet out (and have it reset before entry by cor then ja reset). As Vaerix shared above, I dont believe I saw anything I would consider a resist on tp drainkiss. We also used a blu cycling reaving wind and feather tickle (and keeping it silenced with silent storm iirc).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-09-30 13:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Drainkiss scales with Fatso's TP.
0-1000 TP: 62.5% TP absorbed
1500 TP: 75%
2000 TP: 87.5%
2500-3000 TP: 100%
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-09-30 16:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If TP Drainkiss behaves like Mewing Lullaby in terms of accuracy, then that's one concern removed and I can just stack TP Bonus.

In regards to Killer Instinct, I want to make sure I'm understanding the potency properly.

It has a base of 15% intimidation rate, with half of that (floored) applied as bonus Damage Dealt and bonus -Damage Taken. Group 1 merit for boosted Killer Effect bumps that to 20% intimidation rate and 10% Damage Dealt and -Damage Taken.

BGWiki states that the effect is lowered to 10% against NMs. Is that just the highest value that can be reached, regardless of Killer Effect merits, or is that the base potency from Killer Instinct and outside effects can increase it further?

Also, how do "Killer" effects in general interact with Killer Instinct? Do I stack as much of it as possible in conjunction with the Relic head and it boosts the overall potency for all players affected, or is the initial potency static and any additional boosts would require players to wear Killer gear throughout the duration of Killer Instinct?

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

I found this older chart with TP Drainkiss potencies according to pet TP values:

Is that information incorrect?

Lots of questions, and I really appreciate everyone providing input on this. I just know Mboze can be a real pain so I want to make sure I'm doing all I can to get him done and finished.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-09-30 17:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this older chart with TP Drainkiss potencies according to pet TP values:

They're the same, but Papesse's format is easier to understand.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-09-30 17:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, good to hear. My brain is smooth, so I appreciate the simplicity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-10-03 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
If anyone finishes these augments, it would be super swell if they could double-check that they get the 764~802 melee damage range. Thanks. c:

Pet Melee Damage Range by Species (Level 120)
With:
Agwu's axe
Nyame mail (R20 Path D)
Nyame flanchard (R20 Path D)
Gleti's boots
SpeciesMinimumMaximum
Mosquito646678
Mandragora673706
Apkallu673706
All Other Species765803

Some testing:
Hoof Volley (fTP 26.0): 23886-25080 damage range
Choke Breath: 918-963 damage range

The DMG:+ stat is also impacting Magical Ready moves, but the value is so low that you wouldn't primarily use it for those kinds of attacks compared to Udug jacket and Pet:INT+15/MAB+30 Valorous Hose, unless you wanted the large amounts of Magic Accuracy (Pet:M.Acc+70 per piece).

However...
Digest deals magical damage and absorbs that damage as HP.

The damage is boosted by Ready Job Points
And Unleash Job Points
You can add Nyame Mail/Flanchard Path D to that list:

(When did they fix the spelling on Digest?)

Infected Leech also gets boosted by Nyame's DMG:+ augment:
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-03 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Digset was better
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-03 18:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They're the same, but Papesse's format is easier to understand.
I fail to see how they're the same. One gives TP drain based on a percent of what the foe has (based on pet TP), while the other gives a flat number of TP drained (based on pet TP).

Even if you assume it's percentage based and the chart's testing was done at a fixed mob TP, missing that detail, the results don't line up for any possible mob TP test value.
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 175 176 177