Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-11 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The one in OP doesn't work for you? I think the only augment it really needs is Handler's Earring
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 17:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Gleti's and Nyame sets offer 250 P:Macc. We haven't needed to rely on pet augments for a while
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-08-12 01:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Both Gleti's and Nyame sets offer 250 P:Macc. We haven't needed to rely on pet augments for a while

Yeah I can't think of any Gaes Fetes augments that matter for Pet Magic Accuracy

I've used all Pet M.Acc gear, Familiar, Run Wild, +75 Pet M.Acc food and only gave about 25-30% land rate against Henwen. When it works, it's great. Given that it's 3 charges, sometimes our DDs can do the first 5-6% of HP damage, which makes Putulent Ooze HP down, almost useless....so, it's important to land it quickly.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-08-12 05:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Was messing around on Ngai and found that I couldn't land it at all normally but had a 100% rate when he had aura up.

I believe the BST in our group struggled to land it on Kalunga in a max P:Macc set. Even think it resisted it during Unleash, but not totally sure since we timed out shortly afterwards.

Anyone got a pet M:Acc setup that isn't relying on crazy augments? Gonna see if other mobs are vulnerable to it tomorrow night, I know Ngai with aura up is a 100% land but not sure what else.

I have had no success with Purulent Ooze on T3s. Regarding landing the Ooze while aura is up, unless I am mistaken, the ooze only lowers MAX HP by 10%, so if the mob does not use aura before you have reduced its HP by 10% it is of no benefit.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-08-12 05:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Corrosive ooze overwrite itself? Or do we need to wait for the buff to expire (1-1.5 minutes) before applying a new ooze for the correct duration?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-12 16:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The point wasn't to use it to actually kill the monster, it's for the third NM of a 3 NM charge run when your down to using crappy class selections and just wanting to deal 5% HP for it to count. Mog Amp + 5% HP dealt is 800 RP and P Ooze made Ngai an easy "win" in that regard.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-08-13 17:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The point wasn't to use it to actually kill the monster, it's for the third NM of a 3 NM charge run when your down to using crappy class selections and just wanting to deal 5% HP for it to count. Mog Amp + 5% HP dealt is 800 RP and P Ooze made Ngai an easy "win" in that regard.
You just waited for it to use TP move that trigger the aura, then used ooze on it for the 10% reduction (assuming mob was at 100% HP while waiting)?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-13 20:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
You just waited for it to use TP move that trigger the aura, then used ooze on it for the 10% reduction (assuming mob was at 100% HP while waiting)?

Now we go in with these four, the other two folks can be whatever.

RUN
SCH
MNK
BST (me)

The monk punches away and brings it's HP down slowly, none of these are very dangerous unless they get fetters out. Originally I came BST just for Corrosive Ooze, but then one time it got it's fetters out at like 97%, I hit P Ooze just for giggles and it landed and put it's HP to 99%. We kept punching and a few minutes later it dropped to like 84% and we were all like O.o? So thinking it might be an easy "win" method for the 3rd NM fight where we've already used up our "good" jobs and just need to get it at 94% or less.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-13 21:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

are fetters hp; based? I'm not sure how that works.
By Mrgrim 2021-08-14 02:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For A3 NMs (Delve Bosses) they do their respective tp move (Carcharian, Droning, Blistering, etc.) any time. Sometimes they do it often, sometimes they do it only once, but when that happens whenever they use a tp move then 6 or 7 fetters based on their element will appear and do nasty dmg if u don't have enough meva/mdef.

In other news BST is in a pretty good spot for odyssey bosses atm, as they can shine on both buff runs/underbuffed runs. Lately I been killing Ngai, and been using bst's killer instinct for my current mnk's Ngai equipset which has killer +15 and 12 from food along the 15 from killer instinct. Since I am not bringing a rdm to enfeeble it those killer effects yield me noticeable intimidate rate after the 2/3 effect that killer effects got on NMs. Arthur's -33atk/def is very valuable on fights where you already used up your best jobs. I've also had good success in landing purulent on A1 NMs and haven't tried on A3s yet.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-08-14 05:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
For A3 NMs (Delve Bosses) they do their respective tp move (Carcharian, Droning, Blistering, etc.) any time. Sometimes they do it often, sometimes they do it only once, but when that happens whenever they use a tp move then 6 or 7 fetters based on their element will appear and do nasty dmg if u don't have enough meva/mdef.

In other news BST is in a pretty good spot for odyssey bosses atm, as they can shine on both buff runs/underbuffed runs. Lately I been killing Ngai, and been using bst's killer instinct for my current mnk's Ngai equipset which has killer +15 and 12 from food along the 15 from killer instinct. Since I am not bringing a rdm to enfeeble it those killer effects yield me noticeable intimidate rate after the 2/3 effect that killer effects got on NMs. Arthur's -33atk/def is very valuable on fights where you already used up your best jobs. I've also had good success in landing purulent on A1 NMs and haven't tried on A3s yet.

I think Corrosive Ooze has 100% land rate on all NMs (until SE notices and nerfs BST again :) )
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-08-15 01:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it does, and by the way corrosive Ooze prevents Gogmagog from acquiring attack/defense bonus whenever he does Infernal bulwark. A Couple of posts ago I mentioned that my RDM removed 4 buffs w/ dispel but in reality he has 5 as I forgot he also gains haste during that during Bulwark and its stoneskin wore off by the time I started dispelling.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-15 06:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Fatso Fargann on Gogmagog a few weeks ago. The acid mist and tp drainkiss made the fight a breeze. it was very stable. but Corrosive ooze probably would have made it faster.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-08-15 09:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also reliably main heal Gogmagog with Pondering Peter. Wild Carrot after every second Atramentous Libations, and you should not have any issues with running out of Ready charges.
By Minaras84 2021-08-15 11:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey fellow bsts!
Im thinking about getting myself (or trying at least..) a Agwu's Axe for my off hand as it seems to me it would be a solid option for group content and my playstyle (aka: i need to pull big numbers)
Atm im rocking a Dolichenus + Guttler (guttler is a blast from the past...got it in 2014)
Any other off hand axes i should consider?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-15 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally got agwu last night and tested it out. I have to say I was very satisfied with it as an offhand for primal rend, mistral axe, and Calamity. (I didn't pay much attention to Cloudsplitter w/ it)

This was replacing my Fernagu Offhand. I focused on this area because its the only area I expected Agwu offhand for Aymur to perform worse than fernagu. However, for master tp and pet its WAY better than Fernagu.

So I think I'll not use Fernagu much anymore.

However this is completely different if you are focused on Dolichenus Decimation for damage. I would think the new Crepuscular knife would be best offhand. Ternion dagger +1 is an awesome offhand for it as well. Also alot off people have some great dm augments on Digirbalag which make a fantastic offhand for Dolichenus.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-08-16 02:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In most WS sets after Odyssey sets were introduced, you no longer have one set being bis. Now it's usually one set being better when attack is capped and other when attack isn't capped and difference can be huge. This is because PDL is very potent, especially for WS like Decimation (multihit with ftp transfer across all hits), but it only works when attack is capped. So presenting one set shouldn't be the case in any guide anymore (look how I edited DNC Rudra and Pyrrhic Kleos sets for example).
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-08-16 08:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only just started toying around with BST during JP campaign, is there any particularly noteworthy DM aug to try for during this one for BST? Would be neat if there's something better to try for than phalanx +4/5 for tank jobs. I've had horrid luck on getting those bonkers WS pieces people post, more looking if there's specific pet augs etc that are worth chasing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-17 15:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding decimation...
Gleti set will require that you maximize multihit from other sources. you can raise attack tremendously using RAGE. so always use it when going for decimation w/ gleti, unless you have a really good brd.

Argosy +1 will do better damage if attack is uncapped... but you will die pretty quickly. in fact you are begging to die.

High end content requires defensive/hybrid gear. Lower content doesn't... but you don't need the higher damage from argosy+1 for that either.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-08-17 15:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you use rage in seg farms or is that similarly begging to die even with full PDT?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-08-17 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Trumpet said: »
I've only just started toying around with BST during JP campaign, is there any particularly noteworthy DM aug to try for during this one for BST? Would be neat if there's something better to try for than phalanx +4/5 for tank jobs. I've had horrid luck on getting those bonkers WS pieces people post, more looking if there's specific pet augs etc that are worth chasing.

QA+3 on Valorous head/body/feet is good to aim for. However, and take this with a grain of salt because I haven't touched the spreadsheet in a while, but these pieces would probably shine more with Mistral Axe and non-Dolichenus build versus Doli/Decimation that doesn't benefit at all from TP overflow. There was some good discussion a while back about melee sets, around page 129.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-17 17:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Regarding decimation...
Gleti set will require that you maximize multihit from other sources. you can raise attack tremendously using RAGE. so always use it when going for decimation w/ gleti, unless you have a really good brd.

Argosy +1 will do better damage if attack is uncapped... but you will die pretty quickly. in fact you are begging to die.

High end content requires defensive/hybrid gear. Lower content doesn't... but you don't need the higher damage from argosy+1 for that either.

Rage in high end content is 100% begging to die too. Its the same def down effect as Counterstance and Counterstance is known to kill MNK even on something silly like Omen farming if you get hit by some TP moves. The only time I can see Rage working in high end content is when you use GEO for Barrier or you Unleash multiply buffs with many pets and you mix Rage with Water Wall. Without that I would only use Frenzied Rage from Coeurl.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-08-18 10:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll keep the QA pieces in mind if I can that far, right now I'm definitely a decimation mashing scrub.

That's a really good tip about unleash for multiple buffs, never thought of using it that way. But frenzied rage only without defense buffs, got it. Thanks yall :D!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-08-18 11:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

QA will not do much for Mistral Axe and Calamity. they are both single hit ws's. WSD to max those out
The multihit are Decimation, Ruinator and Ramapage.

fyi, the other way to deal w/ rage def down, is Acid mist or Corrosive Ooze.

/nin shadows are good too.
By SimonSes 2021-08-18 11:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they are talking about QA in tp set for Mistral axe etc. Because tp overflow will benefit WSs that scale with TP. So its not about QA for WS set.
[+]
By Minaras84 2021-08-18 19:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so, what Non-Dm stands for?
Im looking at BST DW (non-dm) gear set, and while i can see all that lovely Da/Ta/STP it seems to me it lacks accuracy?
Ive basically have the same build but i find myself preferring bst collar for the accuracy (which is still crap in Sheol C)
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-08-18 22:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
Im looking at BST DW (non-dm) gear set, and while i can see all that lovely Da/Ta/STP it seems to me it lacks accuracy?
Ive basically have the same build but i find myself preferring bst collar for the accuracy (which is still crap in Sheol C)

It means no Dark Matter augmented gear. Although I wonder if, even for that set, it might be a dps increase to go with Malignance Tights over Taeon Tights? They are harder to get but you pick up a chunk of accuracy and STP at the cost of multihit. Unfortunately we don't have many good leg options with 6% or more haste. Samnuha Tights don't have BST.
By Minaras84 2021-08-19 02:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Minaras84 said: »

It means no Dark Matter augmented gear. Although I wonder if, even for that set, it might be a dps increase to go with Malignance Tights over Taeon Tights? They are harder to get but you pick up a chunk of accuracy and STP at the cost of multihit. Unfortunately we don't have many good leg options with 6% or more haste. Samnuha Tights don't have BST.

Im using the exact same setup but for the necklace as i said before ...and for the legs, where im using meghanada +2.
Im pretty sure with this setup im around 1100 accuracy WITH food, which is a bit low
By SimonSes 2021-08-19 05:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely dislike that set from guide tbh. Seems really outdated. Sacrificing way too much survivability and meva for pure multihit. THF has glass cannon set like that, except that set for THF really adds massive DPS (still hard to use for most end game), while this one for BST probably only barely edges out other options.

Personally I think something like this would be good TP gear for BST:

ItemSet 381574

Stats of this set:
StoreTP +59
TA +8%
DA +28%
DW +11%
MEVA +645
PDT(DT) +41%(32%)
MDB +36
DEF(withVIT) +848
Evasion(withAGI) +571
Accuracy(including DEX) +418

The guide set is:
StoreTP +42
QA +2%
TA +19%
DA +17%
DW +11%
MEVA +288
PDT(DT) +10%(0%)
MDB +18
DEF(withVIT) +753
Evasion(withAGI) +263
Accuracy(including DEX) +349 (assuming +30 augment on feet and +25 on legs)

Without Samurai Roll, 2nd set has only 2.8% better TP generation and with Samurai Roll it's 6.6% Not all of that will transfer to higher DPS too if you are using Decimation, since some tp overflow won't do anything. Also I haven't included weapons, but for Decimation build, offhand will probably be Crepuscular Knife or Ternion, which will further slightly lower the TP generation difference.

The survivability difference is MASSIVE on every possible way. Guide set has like floored MEVA, 10%PDT/2%MDT with very low MDB. Low DEF and very low Evasion. You gonna get hit by every possible debuff, physical hits will do tons of damage, magical AoE and spells will drop you dead. Its like ultra glass cannon build, except DPS difference is barely noticeable. It's just totally not worth it imo.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 175 176 177