Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 175 176 177
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-08-06 02:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

NQ Crab - Couldn't HQ on 9 attempts.

Acc 964, Atk 865
Eva 764 Def 1477

Bubble Curtain (3)
Scissor Guard (2)
Metallic Body (1)
Venon Shower (2)
Deals water damage to all enemies around pet. Addition effect: Poison, decreases defense. Additional effect duration varies with TP.
Mega Scissors (2)
Deals physical damage to all enemies in a fan-shaped area in front of pet. Damage varies with Tp. I think this is Gravitation.

Going off the flippantry SC builder. I did Decimation > Mega Scissors = Grav and Mistral Axe > Mega Scissor = Grav.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-08-06 03:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fluid Toss is Reverb, and I think Digest is magical, perhaps burstable? I can't get a good chain going to test at the moment, sadly.

Fluid toss seemed to do alright damage in Foret, given that I had to unload gearswap. I saw some fluid spreads around 5k to the Oboro and Jagils guarding the lair reives, which seems like a nice number for having nothing boosting the pet WS damage at all.

A plain rhinowrecker did 9k to a reive there as well, again, without any swaps. I'm quite curious if the move can top out pretty high, and if so, how much damage it can do buffed up.

Slime is a warrior as well, was doing double attacks with zero DA gear.

Edit: Beetle also appears to be a WAR. And Rhinowrecker appears to be able to crit? I had it do 5k and then 12k in the same attack, and again, GS it totally disabled. More testing needed, wasn't totally watching TP values.

Edit2: Lynx seems to be a THF, not sure though. Charged Whisker was doing ok damage from what I saw, but nothing amazing, perhaps bursts will make it look better. It seems like a great bursting pet in parties though, since it can buff your attack and then just burst light chains. Curious how strong the blaster and the chaotic eye effect are as well.
By Vankathka 2020-08-06 03:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Crab has both Mega Scissors and Venom Shower

Mega did 9k to a Mandy outside Ceizak, Venom Did 6600, too tired to actually go test it more but values don't seem that impressive.
By Felgarr 2020-08-06 03:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DaringRoland (HQ Hyppogryph) has:

Back Heel (1)
Jettatura (3)
Choke Breath (1)
Fantod (1 charge, pet only, doesn't get applied to master)
Hoof Volley (3)
Nihilty Song (1 charge, huge circle aoe imo)

JovialEdwin (HQ porter crab) has:

Bubble Curtain (3)
Scissor Guard (2)
Metallic Body (1)
Venom Shower (2)
Mega Scissors (2)
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-06 04:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, just finished a Dynamis-Divergence run in Windurst on BST and from first-hand experience, I can say that the Tandem Strikes trait is super *** potent. This is taken from W3.

I was in my base TP set for pretty much the entire run, using Snarl to drop Enmity whenever I pulled hate. Ternion has not been R15'd either.

ItemSet 374801

It will be hard to check exactly how strong it is but going off 96.49% on Dynamis Wave 3 it's pretty strong.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-06 05:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
using Snarl to drop Enmity whenever I pulled hate.

But thats impossible!
Spaitin said you cant pull hate on BST. I'm confused.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-06 05:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, just finished a Dynamis-Divergence run in Windurst on BST and from first-hand experience, I can say that the Tandem Strikes trait is super *** potent. This is taken from W3.

I was in my base TP set for pretty much the entire run, using Snarl to drop Enmity whenever I pulled hate. Ternion has not been R15'd either.

ItemSet 374801

It will be hard to check exactly how strong it is but going off 96.49% on Dynamis Wave 3 it's pretty strong.

I was really impressed with BST performance. I think the biggest takeaway was how good the accuracy buff was. The attack boost from the Cat is phenomenal.

With that said -- one wave 3 parse isn't enough to say bst is a top tier DD.

I think there are a lot of cool combinations we can do with gear.
By PunishmentXI 2020-08-06 07:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Appears my gearswap lua is broken for the time being. Tried to add the new moves so they would register for swaps, but doesn't appear to be working. Anyone have an updated ready list for the lua yet?
By Ozaii 2020-08-06 07:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rua can you share your buffs and party comp for that run. As well as pet used and such.
By Fayona 2020-08-06 07:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know what the new pets ACC is in tp gear and with the new job trait applied ?
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-06 07:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Rua can you share your buffs and party comp for that run. As well as pet used and such.
Honor March
Victory March
Minuet V
Madrigal

Chaos / Samurai Roll

Frailty was occasionally inconsistent due to mobile camp in Dynamis but Arthur covered well enough. I used a Lynx for the Attack Bonus before getting Arthur back out. Pretty sure Distract was on NMs but I couldn’t see because of filters.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-08-06 07:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kclub BSTs are gonna have a field day with this Accuracy and SB buff.

Edit: Also, if it wasn't already, Grape Daifuku will almost always be your best general food now over Sublime Sushi since the Acc buff will cover the 20 Acc difference easily.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2020-08-06 08:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

BST Main again
By Ozaii 2020-08-06 08:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Honor March
Victory March
Minuet V
Madrigal

Chaos / Samurai Roll

Frailty was occasionally inconsistent due to mobile camp in Dynamis but Arthur covered well enough. I used a Lynx for the Attack Bonus before getting Arthur back out. Pretty sure Distract was on NMs but I couldn’t see because of filters.

Tyty.
 Ragnarok.Odynson
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-08-06 09:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 374801

Ruau, I noticed there are no pet buffs on your tp gear. Does your pet have high enough accuracy without gear buffs? I was looking at doing a hybrid master/pet tp set but curious for your thoughts. Thanks!
By malakef 2020-08-06 09:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill be the asshat real quick so we can get some better reads on what the accuracy buff is.. The rest of your DD had ***accuracy so either they were all using TP offhands or subpar gear which makes the difference the pet added hard to tell from that parse based on my prior experience. Our DD always have above 90% for W3 and some are even capped with similar buffs used unless the before mentioned TP offhands are being used.

I propose a very simple test and did it myself but would like others to confirm or chime in. I went to apex bats and used a Naegling for lower base accuracy, standard tp gear, no offhand, and no buffs or food put me at 1059 accuracy. First 50% of mob I didn't call a pet out at all so was just me hitting it with Yoran as only trust. In 116 swings I had an accuracy of 68.97%.

I then called a pet out, had it engage the target and reset parse. After 115 Swings my accuracy was at 91.30% which would indicate a buff of around 44 accuracy but we could probably assume anywhere from 45 to 50 and 50 makes more since given the trait has 5 tiers I think? Small sample is small but there you go.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-08-06 10:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it would be advisable to use a pet / master hybrid tp set in wave 3 (or pretty much anywhere else for the most part). Has already been talked about a lot on here, it's just not optimal if master is geared and has decent buffs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-06 10:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
50 makes more since given the trait has 5 tiers I think?

Good test, and the result matches mine with ~1000 attack rounds per variable.

Had ~38% accuracy on Cliffhanger Toads with Kraken Club, and tried a few different things that all resulted in the same hitrate:
1. No Pet
2. Pet, but idle/Heel/Stay
3. Snarl all accumulated enmity onto idle Pet
4. Pet hits mob once, then Heel and idle
5. Pet fighting another mob with identical name in the immediate vicinity

No hitrate changes for any of these.

Then, as advertised...

Fighting the same monster as your pet points to Master accuracy+50 with Tandem Strike V.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-08-06 10:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried to see if it could be a percentile cut to targets evasion? Granting more acc on higher level targets? Just curious since rua had significantly more acc than the other dps, so maybe either it is percentile or the dps in his group were gimp lol. The apex bats and the frog are kinda similar level mobs so if it's percentile based and you both got 50 that would make sense.
By SimonSes 2020-08-06 11:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

50 acc is not enough to be game breaking for KC I think, unless for lower lvl stuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-06 11:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know a good testing method for subtle blow?
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-06 11:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
50 acc is not enough to be game breaking for KC I think, unless for lower lvl stuff.

I agree, it seems to be a bit of a tie now between RNG and BST with k-club.

Below are the major differences between the jobs and club (assuming similar gear (malignance) and assuming /dnc stacks.
Code
       Ranger   Beastmaster
Trait   73       50 (+10 for /dnc)
Club   300      334
JP      55       36
==============================
Total  428      420 (+430 /dnc)
[+]
By malakef 2020-08-06 11:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

50 ACC is equivalent to 25% as long as you above floor values and below cap. So it potentially Can be that big of a swing if you fall in the right area. The problem I see though is the pet will still suffer unless they have greatly higher base ACC since the aren’t getting HM and madrigals.
[+]
By Ermah 2020-08-06 11:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do any extensive testing, but my first impression:

Hippo - Really really bad damage, especially for 3 charges. The attack boost doesn't effect the master. I can't see ever using it.

Lynx - By far my favorite. It did a ton of AoE magic damage. I'm not sure if it can burst or not, but if it can, yay a pet that can burst light SC. Attack boost is 20% with a huge duration. I definitely see myself using this one a lot.

Crab - The damage was definitely the highest among the crab family. It also looks neat. I never really used the other crabs much, but if I need stoneskin spam for a high AoE fight I might use him. The damage is pretty meh.

Slime - The damage is pretty low, but the Digest does heal for a lot, and it has a 2 charge AoE, so it might be nice in some AoE tanking scenarios.

I do not have the beetle yet.

Edit: The Hippo is amazing with Unleash using the macro to align his attack boost with the 3 charge skill I was doing 88k on some VE monsters.

https://prnt.sc/tv80ts
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-06 11:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
Slime - The damage is pretty low, but the Digest does heal for a lot, and it has a 2 charge AoE, so it might be nice in some AoE tanking scenarios.

Slimes take -50% from slashing/piercing, and -75% from Blunt, right? I could see this pet being a really cool physical damage supertank while spamming Digest in a high DT set. Would get wrecked by magic, but kind of neat IMO.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-06 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Slimes take -50% from slashing/piercing, and -75% from Blunt, right? I could see this pet being a really cool physical damage supertank while spamming Digest in a high DT set. Would get wrecked by magic, but kind of neat IMO.
Problem is, the pet will always hit all of the mobs eventually, just by hate mechanics.

Might as well spam the AoE move when possible (I'm assuming Fluid Spread). Just to keep hate. Digest when needed.
By SimonSes 2020-08-06 12:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Epigram said: »
SimonSes said: »

I agree, it seems to be a bit of a tie now between RNG and BST with k-club.

Below are the major differences between the jobs and club (assuming similar gear (malignance) and assuming /dnc stacks.
Code
       Ranger   Beastmaster
Trait   73       50 (+10 for /dnc)
Club   300      334
JP      55       36
==============================
Total  428      420 (+430 /dnc)

Ranger gets +70 in JP 10/15/20/25

That being said I guess its workable.
BST set would look something like that:

ItemSet 374805

That's exactly the same accuracy as in this RNG set

ItemSet 370563

So still like 23 accuracy behind. That being said you can do similar thing like RNG (who has no access to Reiki) and just wear 10%DW cape and be 1%DW below ideal 36%. That will let you use 10acc earring (handler's R15 for example or Telos, tho I dont like that 1%DA :P) and Olseni belt. That puts you at almost the same accuracy lvl as RNG, so not bad.
[+]
By Ermah 2020-08-06 12:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Hippo is definitely the number one pet for Unleash in my opinion. Here is against Shockmaw, unbuffed.

https://prnt.sc/tv8gpy

https://prnt.sc/tv8h5l

Without Unleash it's very sub-par. 22k for 3 Maneuvers and room for error if it get's CC'd.

I'd just like to get my hands on an HQ Hippo and HQ Lynx to test out magic burst!
By SimonSes 2020-08-06 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The Hippo is definitely the number one pet for Unleash in my opinion. Here is against Shockmaw, unbuffed.

https://prnt.sc/tv8gpy

https://prnt.sc/tv8h5l

So you use Fantod > Hoof in rotation yes?
How many seconds you get between each Hoof?
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-08-06 12:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

so does this make other axes viable for offhand? im still rocking the mdomo + Arktoi for the moment
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 175 176 177