Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 176 177 178
By shamgi 2020-07-23 13:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They've stated repeatedly they will not revert BST ready change.

Further complaints about it only serve to sound bitter and to muddy the water in terms of proposing changes that might actually happen.

It also can convince the devs that any issues with BST aren't really that much of a problem: after all, if the only complaint players have is a change they made years ago, then other issues must not be nearly as important. So your complaints might actually be harming BST in terms of power: how much sooner might we have convinced them to add new pets or change other aspects of the job if those issues had been broadcast rather than "pls unnerf ready"?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 13:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

shamgi said: »
It also can convince the devs that any issues with BST aren't really that much of a problem: after all, if the only complaint players have is a change they made years ago, then other issues must not be nearly as important. So your complaints might actually be harming BST in terms of power: how much sooner might we have convinced them to add new pets or change other aspects of the job if those issues had been broadcast rather than "pls unnerf ready"?

No, because this was not the "only" complaint BST players have. It's one of many. You think players complaining about BST ready moves has made them delay their plans to add more pets until 2020? This is a preposterous.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-23 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
That's my point; they won't listen here, so being critical of it in this topic does nothing but harm the topic you're posting in.
Not true, the gear and strategy are already posted on this thread. It is already there and no need to worry about that.

At this time, this is the brainstorm on how to fix bst/vent thread. Once a good solution is thought of, they go and post on the "forums that matter".

You dont like that? go start a thread to complain and find a way to get everyone to post on it.

Or I could use your logic, complaining about complaining is more likely to cause harm and good. So stop.
As noted by the topic title, this is still the Beastmaster compendium topic, for either discussing the information in the thread or adding to it; it did not magically become a "fix bst/vent" topic just because some people tried to derail it by talking about that. If you want a fix bst/vent topic, make a separate topic where that's the focus where it can be on-topic

Sorry, that's not my logic. I am talking to you guys and your behavior for future benefit (to hopefully get the topic back on track). In comparison, you are trying to talk for the benefit of someone (SE) who doesn't even read this topic, damaging the integrity of the topic for zero future benefit.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-23 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my point; they won't listen here, so being critical of it in this topic does nothing but harm the topic you're posting in.
Not true, the gear and strategy are already posted on this thread. It is already there and no need to worry about that.

At this time, this is the brainstorm on how to fix bst/vent thread. Once a good solution is thought of, they go and post on the "forums that matter".

You dont like that? go start a thread to complain and find a way to get everyone to post on it.

Or I could use your logic, complaining about complaining is more likely to cause harm and good. So stop.
As noted by the topic title, this is still the Beastmaster compendium topic, for either discussing the information in the thread or adding to it; it did not magically become a "fix bst/vent" topic just because some people tried to derail it by talking about that. If you want a fix bst/vent topic, make a separate topic where that's the focus where it can be on-topic

Sorry, that's not my logic. I am talking to you guys and your behavior for future benefit (to hopefully get the topic back on track). In comparison, you are trying to talk for the benefit of someone (SE) who doesn't even read this topic, damaging the integrity of the topic for zero future benefit.

Do you even play beastmaster?
[+]
By shamgi 2020-07-23 14:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

No, because this was not the "only" complaint BST players have. It's one of many. You think players complaining about BST ready moves has made them delay their plans to add more pets until 2020? This is a preposterous.

Is it? From a feedback point of view, if the only or majority of complaints the devs hear is requests to reverse the ready distance, a change they have repeatably stated they will not do, then what conclusion should they come to? Besides reverting the ready distance, because, again, they've said they won't do that.

At some point you have to accept the fact that the devs have final say on any changes made to the game.

For my own part, I find many of the complaints about ready distance to be quite silly. I get that it's annoying, but they can be worked around, and things like "I can't use ready moves if the monster is too big" and such fall flat in my personal experience, having used BST in a pet static to clear just about every piece of content pets can do so.

I find it far more annoying that a large majority of our pets have AOE only moves that interfere with CC, that we're saddled with a large portion of water based moves that can only burst darkness(when light is far more popular of a chain to make), that our pets have their own hate tables we have zero control over, that the devs want us to use a shield but won't let us have any good ones, that we can't reset our ready timer when unsummoning a full health pet, and other such issues that would greatly help BST function as they want without ever touching the ready distance.

Edit: or hell, while I can understand if they want us to commit to a pet rather than being able to swap between them, then give us more pets that can multi role more effectively. One of the biggest advantages of BST, after all, is that we can drastically alter the dynamics of our pet entirely through gear, so provide us more pets that can effectively melee, MB, and provide CC/debuffs in one package. We already have several pets that lean towards this, just go all in on the toolbox style pet setup that allows our pet to multi role and adapt to the situation at hand.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 15:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if the only or majority of complaints the devs hear is requests to reverse the ready distance

Why are you just flat out lying? Dude, this very coming update with all of the changes that are about to be implemented CAME AS A RESULT OF PLAYER FEEDBACK. The ready distance thing is just something players keep bringing up because they don't like it nor the answer SE gave. That's one separate issue right there. But there have also been other complaints and concerns that have been made just as much as the ready issue. You keep saying "the only"/"majority of complaints" and it is not true at all.

Look at Paladin, for example. What is it's main issue with the job? Has SE addressed it? Every update, do players stop asking for the glaring elephant in the room to be addressed? Does anyone tell PLDs to 'stfu they said no'? How come nobody ever says "Hey, SE's vision for PLD is different than RUN, just work around it"?

Before Monk was fixed, so many people complained about it's damage. In the main forum. They never. Ever. Ever. Let it go. I was there for dozens of pages. Even where MNK specialized in other things, they didn't care. "Fix Monk's damage". A few people understood Monk's potential and used it intelligently. But that never stopped the main crowd of people from chiming in about how bad it was. And then they fixed it to what the players wanted.

And I could go on with other jobs but you get the point.

So why is it that when Beastmasters have a legitimate gripe about something about the job they enjoy playing, the response is "They won't fix it, they have a different vision for the job?" Yall never tell any other jobs' that during their discussions, in their main guides even.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-07-23 15:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

if the only or majority of complaints the devs hear is requests to reverse the ready distance

Why are you just flat out lying? Dude, this very coming update with all of the changes that are about to be implemented CAME AS A RESULT OF PLAYER FEEDBACK. The ready distance thing is just something players keep bringing up because they don't like it nor the answer SE gave. That's one separate issue right there. But there have also been other complaints and concerns that have been made just as much as the ready issue. You keep saying "the only"/"majority of complaints" and it is not true at all.

Look at Paladin, for example. What is it's main issue with the job? Has SE addressed it? Every update, do players stop asking for the glaring elephant in the room to be addressed? Does anyone tell PLDs to 'stfu they said no'? How come nobody ever says "Hey, SE's vision for PLD is different than RUN, just work around it"?

Before Monk was fixed, so many people complained about it's damage. In the main forum. They never. Ever. Ever. Let it go. I was there for dozens of pages. Even where MNK specialized in other things, they didn't care. "Fix Monk's damage". A few people understood Monk's potential and used it intelligently. But that never stopped the main crowd of people from chiming in about how bad it was. And then they fixed it to what the players wanted.

And I could go on with other jobs but you get the point.

So why is it that when Beastmasters have a legitimate gripe about something about the job they enjoy playing, the response is "They won't fix it, they have a different vision for the job?" Yall never tell any other jobs' that during their discussions, in their main guides even.

Lying? In this very conversation, one about the upcoming changes to BST, the topic quickly turned to complaints about ready distance. Complaints that have immediately turned the whole thing into yet another pointless argument. Every monthly update thread that has anything to do with BST on the main forums includes multiple complaints about the ready distance.

So no, I'm not lying when I say there's a group of people who feel the need to constantly bring up the ready nerf even though we've been told multiple times it won't be changing. Doesn't help that it's often brought up with very competitive language(the devs are stupid, idiots, ignorant of their own game, etc, etc), which serves no purpose other than to express anger.

And yes, changes are coming, and yes, because people brought up those possible changes. But that's despite the ready nerf complains, not because of it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 15:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, now you are moving the goalposts. First you said "the only complaint devs hear is about ready distance nerf". Then "the majority of complaints are about ready nerf". Now you've downgraded to "there's a group of people".

And yes, changes are coming, and yes, because people brought up those possible changes. But that's despite the ready nerf complains, not because of it.

Huh? People can walk and chew gum at the same time. People can complain about one thing, and then suggest other improvements for the job in the same discussion. One does not take away from another, that statement is just silly. If you're annoyed at the people complaining thats one thing, but stop pretending a small group of people discussing an issue makes the devs ignore the other issue. lol
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-07-23 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic. Whats bsts best grip option. I wanted to use scythe with my brother who just started but is trying out drk because he enjoys scythes. So i thought it would be neat to double scythe with him on my bst lol. Like i dont think bst gets utu. So maybe Bloodrain? Or alber?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-23 15:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly "distance nerf" is only like 4th most important complaint. behind pet balance vs master via buffs. Lack of combined gear ie; Pet:same. Inability to effectively "hybrid" to survive pet and master and still do damage.

Then behind those being pet ready gear, lies about TH pets, dw vs/and/or shields are all jank. lots of active complaints.

It's just the loudest/most noticable because it's a nerf to existing play (and extremely easily "fixable" by changing a 2(?) to a 5). Whereas the other three have been an issue from day 1.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 15:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrain for STP, Alber for some unique spread of stats, but there is a new grip that is all jobs. Rigorous Grip +1 R15. +45 attack, 19 STR, 3 Acc. Probably the best one for BST.

I made a set a while ago with STP as the priority using Drepanum, to giv you an idea. Could be improved I'm sure.

ItemSet 370738
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-07-23 16:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dope thanks dude. That looks epic tbh.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 16:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it was, I actually havent gotten to try it but people have told me scythe is meh on BST. Spiral Hell is just okay. If they gave BST a JA haste (like the Zealous Snort I mentioned earlier), I would love to try Scythe to a serious content. The set probably could stand to get some more Multi-attack in it, but that would probably be idea if you had SAM's roll. Doubt it would beat Dolichenus but it has decent SC properties.
By kasnuaku 2020-07-23 16:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm this reminds me of Shukuyu's Scythe, have had it for fast cast piece for bst, but looks like a niche damage add to master. Edit, I guess I can tp in Malignance set, this looks killer for bird is the word killer
By Spaitin 2020-07-23 18:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They've stated repeatedly they will not revert BST ready change
Very few people are asking for a revert... Are you even reading these threads? SOOO many other valid complaints you are ignoring. You are complaining about a complaint that doesnt really exist.

People are trying to come up with fixing the issues caused by the revert. Such as the monsters toon being big enough to stop you from being able to use a ready move WHILE engaged. If you are not aware of this issue, then you dont play bst at all.

In comparison, you are trying to talk for the benefit of someone (SE) who doesn't even read this topic, damaging the integrity of the topic for zero future benefit.
No, I am saying this is the brainstorming thread for complaints that they bring to the main thread. Your gripe was already addressed. They come up with the idea here.... then post it on the thread for the people who can make a different. You even reading this thread?

Also... compendium would include complaints. This is a compendium about beast master. Complaints about beastmaster would be included in that. You apparently dont know what "compendium" means.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-07-23 20:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish it was, I actually havent gotten to try it but people have told me scythe is meh on BST. Spiral Hell is just okay. If they gave BST a JA haste (like the Zealous Snort I mentioned earlier), I would love to try Scythe to a serious content. The set probably could stand to get some more Multi-attack in it, but that would probably be idea if you had SAM's roll. Doubt it would beat Dolichenus but it has decent SC properties.

Maliya Scicle gives Cross Reaper which is a pretty good scythe WS.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-07-23 20:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how some people can't participate in a valid discussion or just ignore it and have a counter discussion about what they like instead. If you feel BST distance is fine just because SE says so well ok, not going to argue with you. But as stated some players still want to talk about options and alternatives.

Not to mention we're talking about the upcoming update and distance resurfaced because it's been a major request for adjustment. It wasn't like it came out of nowhere. If you all think this should be a gear/strategy only thread then why are you also participating in conversation about what you think the update is and what your opinion is of it?

I guess it's only valid and not muddying things up if it's what you like? I don't know what to tell you if it bothers you so much other than blist the people talking about it, then you can see only the posts you want. Just like you say there's no use talking about distance. There's no use complaining about someone's opinion on BST updates and situation.

I could see if someone was just coming in here to troll and say BST sucks or start some meme flood. Just focus on what you'd like to talk about instead of talking down to others for having a difference of opinion.
[+]
 Kujata.Vinces
Server: Kujata
user: Vinces
By Kujata.Vinces 2020-07-23 22:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know of any advanced luas/gearswaps I could use as a base to make my own? Failkirk's linked one on the main page seems to lead to a dead page. I've been using the basic one for a while but it's far too vanilla for my gear/needs at this point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-23 22:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Maliya Scicle gives Cross Reaper which is a pretty good scythe WS.

That's true! I just wanted to use spiral hell :s
By Mrgrim 2020-07-24 00:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish SE would do some changes on Relic head stats and give it MAB +50 on top of the wsd+10, like COR relic feet. That would make those cloudsplitters and primal rends so sweet.
[+]
By Fayona 2020-07-24 08:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey so a few friends and I decided to take up bst a little bit before the update was announced as we were all pretty bored and wanted to see what kind of damage a trio of BiS bst/pet could do at events.

I’ve been working on it and admittedly it feels incredibly awkward so far I can’t find a good balance between bst and pet DPS. It seems like my pets melee attacks are completely irrelevant and no matter how much pet gear/accessories I put on, master tp and DPS far outstrips my pet.

Am I missing the mark? Ive sorta been approaching it like I would puppet master. Could some one with more experience provide some guidance on how to min/max master and pet DPS? Sorry if these questions are rather rudimentary.
By Spaitin 2020-07-24 09:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
master tp and DPS far outstrips my pet.
Sadly, the pet drags you down. It is FAR better DPS to go with the slug, open with ooze and just spam Decimation with the master while basically ignoring the pet. If attack is capped without the slug, you can straight up go pet-less without any noticeable difference in DPS (what i would consider noteable). Pet contributes in white damage (laughably tiny even with Aymur and max pet buffs). Ready moves with the JA lockout time and gear swapping is a big net loss in DPS. Then add in the distance issue and you run into some big problems.

I tried it with ridiculous levels of buffs and found it is still better DPS to ignore the pet (by a mile). That is with max master AND max pet buffs. Pet is a big help in solo play. can help do SC you wouldnt be able to do without it. But in high end content with good buffs, the pet just contributes atthe beginning.

For update to really fix bst, you need something along the lines of all buffs and gear apply to the pet. Even then it would probably still be best to ignore the Ready moves. They just lock you out too long.
[+]
By Fayona 2020-07-24 09:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang, okay that’s what I was worried about cause trying hybrid/pet DPS has felt soooo awkward. Yeah we were thinking that it’d be fun to super buff and use the slug to stack with frailty. We were messing around with in dyna last few weeks.

I haven’t played bst since the 75 era and I just remembered the pet providing more of my overall damage. I guess I will wait to see the outcome of the update before I go dropping more gill into it.
By Spaitin 2020-07-24 09:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
Dang, okay that’s what I was worried about cause trying hybrid/pet DPS has felt soooo awkward.
Yeah, currently you go all pet or all master. Pet is so weak that you rarely go all pet. Unleashed is basically the only time. Or if you want to do the run in/ out method and kill stuff method with the pet.

ALthough, for cleaving content, bst is very strong. SO farming exp in zitah or trash mobs in omen/dyna/odyssey. Bst does pretty well with the pet. Bst crushes weak content and struggles greatly on hard content. Odyssey is a bit of a struggle since you cant swap out pets very well.

with slug and a geo bst actually has an extremely easy time capping attack. 42 + 33 + 15 = 90% defense down. Can easily go sam/fighters and probably ignore fury.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-24 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of what we've been complaining about regarding S-E's approach to beastmaster. Hybrid master/pet play is not a thing. Even on puppetmaster it's kind of awkward; the pet functions in a similar role as a trust, opening and closing skillchains for you. On beast it kind of works the same way, but you won't get good damage out of both master and pet. So there are two static approaches to fights- either meleeing with the master, in which case you'll basically always use slug for the effects (or acuex for magical DD), or pure pet strats.

As far as damage of master versus pet, yes, at max available buffs for each style of play, master will win. Look at how much more gear, and significant gear, master melee sets have gotten compared to pet sets. You can see it in Falkirk's guide. But I'm kinda fine with that part, pet strat is its own thing, it's not balanced against buffed melee but it's easier sometimes to deal with mechanics using pets, also requires far less support.
By Spaitin 2020-07-24 10:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
As far as damage of master versus pet, yes, at max available buffs for each style of play, master will win.
By a lot sadly (unleashed had master winning.. wtf?). and overall DPS is improved by just ignoring the pet. Open with ooze and smash is better than alternating WS and ready moves.

I would be okay with more enfeeble based pets and better buffs from pets to the master. Almost all the of pet buffs that transfer to the master are tank centered and the master has no good way to pull hate (so worthless). But then we end with a DPS that is like 70% of it's war counterpart. Im starting to think they are going to do something similar to what they did to drg. Pets add like 30% WSD to master or something.

I would be okay with that if they did a wider range of debuff options. Each pet has a strong option so we are okay with just using one pet. Although that would kinda make all the rema worthless (kinda already are).
By Nariont 2020-07-24 11:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be better off that way as even if you had strong dmg ready moves youd probably end up in the same spot as dnc and specially pup was with steps/maneuvers tanking way more dps than youd gain from using the move due to ja delay
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-24 11:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as damage of master versus pet, yes, at max available buffs for each style of play, master will win.
By a lot sadly (unleashed had master winning.. wtf?). and overall DPS is improved by just ignoring the pet. Open with ooze and smash is better than alternating WS and ready moves.

I would be okay with more enfeeble based pets and better buffs from pets to the master. Almost all the of pet buffs that transfer to the master are tank centered and the master has no good way to pull hate (so worthless). But then we end with a DPS that is like 70% of it's war counterpart. Im starting to think they are going to do something similar to what they did to drg. Pets add like 30% WSD to master or something.

I would be okay with that if they did a wider range of debuff options. Each pet has a strong option so we are okay with just using one pet. Although that would kinda make all the rema worthless (kinda already are).

Unleash is just too slow with the forced delay. I posted on this a few pages back but unless you are spamming 2- and 3-charge Ready moves it's hardly an improvement, especially since for Sweeping Gouge the damage bonus is only on the first hit?

I like your idea. Give BST +30% WSD (applying to ALL hits of WS, just like dragoon) when the pet is out. Immediately acts as a gap closer with heavy dps as far as melee effectiveness because Corrosive Ooze plus BST has the best enmity dump in the entire game. But I'd still like a new pet with strong Ready moves to help us in pet party. That's the unique and cool thing about beastmaster, I don't want to be just a dude with an axe and a pet that's just useful for one buff/debuff, I already have WAR and DRG lol. Let us have different types of magical damage Ready moves, and at least one physical Ready move that's as useful as tiger/boar/grasshopper.
By Spaitin 2020-07-24 15:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unleash is just too slow with the forced delay. I posted on this a few pages back but unless you are spamming 2- and 3-charge Ready moves it's hardly an improvement, especially since for Sweeping Gouge the damage bonus is only on the first hit?
It is kind of nuts. Most of us were really excited about the last couple updates. Until we took a closer look and realized it was actually a nerf for bst. Rage was a bad version of ooze and all the other buffs are worthless.

Maybe one pet gives master and pet 30% WSD t hat transfers. Another pet does like 25 DA to master and pet another does evasion etc.

Unless they get master gear/buffs to transfer to the pet, they need to do something absurd to pets. Like make base acc 1700 and base attack 4k. Then the pets can be viable for endgame content. As it is, the pet just wiffs at the target while the master hits it. This way the pets can at least touch the mob while the master is on the front line. If they only did the acc/atk that way, the pet would STILL be hilariously weak.
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 176 177 178