Finally, Yinyang Robe+1 (Shomonjijoe)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Finally, Yinyang Robe+1 (Shomonjijoe)
Finally, Yinyang Robe+1 (Shomonjijoe)
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-15 10:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as I had hoped for (and suspected), the new Ro'Maeve Unity NM Douma Weapon drops a new version of Yinyang Robe. I'm fairly impressed with the stats on it but one thing that jumped out immediately was the Refresh+3. This along with my Spurrina Coif brings my Refresh to +5 with just the head and body.

Thanks, SE.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 10:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that's actually worth getting.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-15 10:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in time for my incoming Nirvana too! All this nostalgic gear! @.@
[+]
By Crevox 2015-01-15 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, it sucks.

When you don't have an avatar out: you get a bonus one refresh. This is good.

If you have an avatar out, you will have a difficult time maintaining optimal refresh while still keeping perp capped, and even more so if you don't have Nirvana.

As far as I can tell, the only way to keep a capped -14 perp while using this body (and of course, keep optimal refresh) is to juggle Serpentes Gloves/Boots based on day/night in order to keep the refresh from those going, and use -perp in the other slot that isn't currently refresh. No matter what other way you do it, you end up losing refresh.

-8 Nirvana, -3 Assuidity Pants, -1 Ring, you need a -2 from somewhere. Those are boots or gloves (head is +2 refresh, pants are +2 refresh, can't change those). You can juggle the Serpentes to keep the one refresh based on day/night and then get one more from the robe, but if your avatar engages something, it suddenly becomes not worth it. You're going to end up giving up avatar haste, attack, and/or accuracy (Regimen Mittens, Glyphic Bracers, Marduk's Crackows) in order to keep your perp in check using the robe (Hagondes Gloves/Adhara Gages, Hagondes Boots/Convoker's Boots).

As for the magic attack bonus, it is useless unless you have Nirvana, and even then, currently debateable. Hagondes is 20-25, this is 25-30 (basically 30), but Convoker's body beats it for all magical pacts. With Nirvana, this might pull ahead, but if it does, only very slightly.

It's a disappointment. Good for your idle set without an avatar (when and why don't you have an avatar out in a combat situation), difficult to use if you have an avatar, a huge tradeoff if your avatar is engaging something. The robe is honestly quite annoying how it fits in to everything.

If you're missing perp gears (Assuiduity +1, gloves, boots, ring) or don't have Nirvana, it's only going to be even more difficult to use. You're going to need -5 perp from boots/gloves, which means a perfectly augmented hagondes, in each slot, based on time of day, and that's just to fix not having Nirvana.

At the end of the day, it's still simply just +1 Refresh (under optimal scenarios). We already have tons of Refresh coming out of everywhere, and MP really shouldn't be an issue for you if your gear is already set up properly for Refresh, and then between job abilities like Elemental Siphon and Convert. This robe had potential to be a lot of things, and in the end, in my opinion, it's a disappointment. There are so many things that would've been awesome to have other than +1 Refresh (with difficulty of use attached).

I don't mention the enmity (useless) or the ability delay, of course (any good summoner can easily cap this without the robe).

Quote:
This along with my Spurrina Coif brings my Refresh to +5

Spurrina Coif is useless for Summoner. Convoker's Horn gives the same +2 Refresh with significantly better defenses.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Brynach
Server: Carbuncle
user: Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-01-15 10:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
-8 Nirvana, -3 Assuidity Pants, -1 Ring, you need a -2 from somewhere. Those are boots or gloves (head is +2 refresh, pants are +2 refresh, can't change those). You can juggle the Serpentes to keep the one refresh based on day/night and then get one more from the robe, but if your avatar engages something, it suddenly becomes not worth it. You're going to end up giving up avatar haste, attack, and/or accuracy (Regimen Mittens, Glyphic Bracers, Marduk's Crackows) in order to keep your perp in check using the robe.

There's always the -2 perp from Adhara Gages.
But a poor decision for an engaged avatar.
By Crevox 2015-01-15 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brynach said: »
-8 Nirvana, -3 Assuidity Pants, -1 Ring, you need a -2 from somewhere. Those are boots or gloves (head is +2 refresh, pants are +2 refresh, can't change those). You can juggle the Serpentes to keep the one refresh based on day/night and then get one more from the robe, but if your avatar engages something, it suddenly becomes not worth it. You're going to end up giving up avatar haste, attack, and/or accuracy (Regimen Mittens, Glyphic Bracers, Marduk's Crackows) in order to keep your perp in check using the robe.

There's always the -2 perp from Adhara Gages.

Yes, one example of perp gloves you can use in the case that refresh is currently coming from your Serpentes Sabots (if you have Nirvana). Hagondes Cuffs augmented would be the best choice.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-01-15 10:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I want this to sit in town with my 75 nirvana equipped.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-15 11:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk about using this for perp but it doesn't really offer anything better than hagondes with perp augment. Not really that good for anything apart from when avatars aren't out.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-15 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

always a stylish piece, don't particularly give a ***about smn but def gonna farm one for looks
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-15 12:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
So would an avatar +enmity set really be that worthless? Aside from that or perhaps unity it seems it wouldn't have much use unless other gear slots change in the future since at least the refresh +3 is more potent..

If anything at all, I'm farming this for my refresh build. Refresh+5 from just my head and body piece alone is worth the effort.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-15 12:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Most equipment from Unity had potential to be a lot of things, and in the end, in my opinion, they're mostly a disappointment.

FTFY
[+]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-01-15 15:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I'm not really excited about this but I'll still get it.

+30 MAB for your avatar doesn't seem like that much at all when we have the Convokers +1 that gives +12% BP damage overall. I have a Nirvana but even without Nirvana I don't think it's that big of a deal.

As for the perp, my Hagondes coat +1 has the refresh+2 and -5 perp cost augmented.. So this would only be a good mp idle peice when youre avatar isnt out, stacking with moonshade(refresh aug), assiduity+1, serpentes feet/hand, and convoker horn +1
[+]
By Acacia 2015-01-15 18:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried this fight and it's very hard. He summons adds quite often and they all TP together. They use a lot of Whirl of Rage. Gains heavy -DT and regen at lower HP.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-01-15 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, it sucks.

When you don't have an avatar out: you get a bonus one refresh. This is good.

If you have an avatar out, you will have a difficult time maintaining optimal refresh while still keeping perp capped, and even more so if you don't have Nirvana.

As far as I can tell, the only way to keep a capped -14 perp while using this body (and of course, keep optimal refresh) is to juggle Serpentes Gloves/Boots based on day/night in order to keep the refresh from those going, and use -perp in the other slot that isn't currently refresh. No matter what other way you do it, you end up losing refresh.

-8 Nirvana, -3 Assuidity Pants, -1 Ring, you need a -2 from somewhere. Those are boots or gloves (head is +2 refresh, pants are +2 refresh, can't change those). You can juggle the Serpentes to keep the one refresh based on day/night and then get one more from the robe, but if your avatar engages something, it suddenly becomes not worth it. You're going to end up giving up avatar haste, attack, and/or accuracy (Regimen Mittens, Glyphic Bracers, Marduk's Crackows) in order to keep your perp in check using the robe (Hagondes Gloves/Adhara Gages, Hagondes Boots/Convoker's Boots).

As for the magic attack bonus, it is useless unless you have Nirvana, and even then, currently debateable. Hagondes is 20-25, this is 25-30 (basically 30), but Convoker's body beats it for all magical pacts. With Nirvana, this might pull ahead, but if it does, only very slightly.

It's a disappointment. Good for your idle set without an avatar (when and why don't you have an avatar out in a combat situation), difficult to use if you have an avatar, a huge tradeoff if your avatar is engaging something. The robe is honestly quite annoying how it fits in to everything.

If you're missing perp gears (Assuiduity +1, gloves, boots, ring) or don't have Nirvana, it's only going to be even more difficult to use. You're going to need -5 perp from boots/gloves, which means a perfectly augmented hagondes, in each slot, based on time of day, and that's just to fix not having Nirvana.

At the end of the day, it's still simply just +1 Refresh (under optimal scenarios). We already have tons of Refresh coming out of everywhere, and MP really shouldn't be an issue for you if your gear is already set up properly for Refresh, and then between job abilities like Elemental Siphon and Convert. This robe had potential to be a lot of things, and in the end, in my opinion, it's a disappointment. There are so many things that would've been awesome to have other than +1 Refresh (with difficulty of use attached).

I don't mention the enmity (useless) or the ability delay, of course (any good summoner can easily cap this without the robe).

Quote:
This along with my Spurrina Coif brings my Refresh to +5

Spurrina Coif is useless for Summoner. Convoker's Horn gives the same +2 Refresh with significantly better defenses.

-5 Perp Hagondes Legs?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-15 19:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only "good" when an avatar isn't out.
And the "zomg3mprefresh!!!11!!!!" Isn't the thing.
Because it's not the difference between 2mp and 3mp refresh (huge gain), it's the difference between 8 and 9 refresh when you DGAF about your MP when you're not doing anything, which is not only a small difference... It's a worthless difference.

Now if this had perp in addition to refresh+3... THEN it would be good.
Because then you'd have more refresh when you actually WANT refresh: when you're doing stuff.

And to those trying to rearrange perp to make this "good"...
Becky.
Stop.
Stop trying to make "fetch" happen.
It isn't happening.
(And you loose just soooo freakig much just to gain perp just to use this body... Yeah... No.)

Though it's not horrible if you have Nirvana... But... +10~12% v 30MAB... I prefer the straight +dmg boost.
Not to mention that it's +1 inventory for a situational gain that is marginal at best... If even a gain depending on other gear...
Not even worth the effort to waste inventory making large pissing contest numbers on mobs no one cares about.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-15 19:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Three of these HQs dropped earlier in a run I tanked on as PLD. One of the persons got an NQ as well at the end. @.@
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-01-15 19:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The tone of entitlement from some that this is 'garbage' and that this should have been much better and a straight upgrade for top tier/mythic smns is pretty silly.

The body is useful to lesser geared people as a situational/sidegrade item.
Not everyone has the will or the means to run off and throw millions in skirmish stones at another hag set just for smn, or burn millions on smn reforge just to try the job to see if they like it.

It cannot be overstated how useful this drop is as an easy 'gateway gear drug' for people that dont play summon seriously yet, alot like how Oatixurs fell into the laps of non mnks and made some people go "hmm maybe i'll try that job out".
[+]
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 20:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) This will allow me to go from 9mp/tick to 10mp/tick with avatar away

2.) This will look nice in town

3.) No SMN will use magical bloodpacts with this when Convoker's +1 gives +12% BP Dmg
By Acacia 2015-01-15 20:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
3.) No SMN will use magical bloodpacts with this when Convoker's +1 gives +12% BP Dmg
I will. It IS better then Convoker's Doublet +1 if you're using Nirvana.
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 20:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So you wouldn't stack 12% dmg with 40% dmg and instead sub 25 Pet MAB? Why?
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-01-15 20:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
The tone of entitlement from some that this is 'garbage' and that this should have been much better and a straight upgrade for top tier/mythic smns is pretty silly.

The body is useful to lesser geared people as a situational/sidegrade item.
Not everyone has the will or the means to run off and throw millions in skirmish stones at another hag set just for smn, or burn millions on smn reforge just to try the job to see if they like it.

It cannot be overstated how useful this drop is as an easy 'gateway gear drug' for people that dont play summon seriously yet, alot like how Oatixurs fell into the laps of non mnks and made some people go "hmm maybe i'll try that job out".
Well said.

Personally, I like it and I'm looking forward to getting it.
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 20:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was well said, up until the point where he said "burn millions on smn reforge."

If you didn't spend millions on hagondes gear and millions on top-tier gear, I can understand, but if you think reforged af/relic is in the same category then you're basically saying "this piece is great for people who want to look like a smn."
By Acacia 2015-01-15 21:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With Convoker's:
2.81 * 1.55 = 4.3555
With Shomonjijoe +1 at lowest Unity bonus:
3.06 * 1.43 = 4.3758
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 21:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »
With Convoker's:
2.81 * 1.55 = 4.3555
3.06 * 1.43 = 4.3758

Not getting off that easy, show me a gearset.
By Acacia 2015-01-15 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »
With Convoker's:
2.81 * 1.55 = 4.3555
3.06 * 1.43 = 4.3758

Not getting off that easy, show me a gearset.
Diamond Earring has pet:mab+1 augment, hands/legs have pet:mab+25, feet have pet:mab+23
ItemSet 331782
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 21:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for proving my point :)
By Acacia 2015-01-15 21:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for proving my point :)
I thought your point was that Convoker's Doublet +1 was better then Shomonjijoe +1 for magical Blood Pacts? Which isn't true if you're using Nirvana, and in fact the less pet:mab you have in other slots, the more effective Shomonjijoe +1 becomes.
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 21:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So why does your gearset have a Convoker's +1?
First Page 2 3