Finally, Yinyang Robe+1 (Shomonjijoe)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Finally, Yinyang Robe+1 (Shomonjijoe)
Finally, Yinyang Robe+1 (Shomonjijoe)
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-01-15 21:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, it's not really better than Convoker's Doublet +1 and I have exactly the same set with Pet MAB+23 on hands and Pet MAB+25 on legs/feet, my Unity rank is at 4 which gives me Pet MAB+27 on the robe.

3000 TP Meteor Strike on Wild Rabbit
Robe : 11299
Doublet : 11316

0 TP Meteor Strike
Robe : 9155
Doublet : 9544

I replace Nirvana, Argochampsa Mantle and Hagondes Pants (Pet MAB+25) by Astralwatcher, Conveyance Cape (BP DMG+5) and Caller's Pants +2 when I use a merit BP with less than 900% TP, that's why the gasp is even bigger.

I do like this piece though, I'm rarely /RDM because I can't afford the loss of Curaga and -na spells so MP are still a slight issue for me, especially now that I have to rotate Hastega II, Crystal Blessing and Crimson Howl with Volt Strike so 1 more MP refresh is always welcome.
[+]
By Acacia 2015-01-15 21:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
So why does your gearset have a Convoker's +1?
Because Shomonjijoe +1 isn't on FFXIAH yet.... and that's the set I'm comparing it vs Convoker's in.

Edit: Thanks for testing Papesse, I guess this is another case of our formulas not exactly fitting how the game works.
By Zoltar 2015-01-15 21:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Acacia said: »
So why does your gearset have a Convoker's +1?
Because Shomonjijoe +1 isn't on FFXIAH yet.... and that's the set I'm comparing it vs Convoker's in.

Edit: Thanks for testing Papesse, I guess this is another case of our formulas not exactly fitting how the game works.

All good man. Looks like they just added the new items too
By Crevox 2015-01-15 23:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-5 Perp Hagondes Legs?

You're losing 2 refresh from Assiduity or 1 refresh from Nares, in exchange for 1 refresh. A pointless (or negative) trade.

Quote:
The tone of entitlement from some that this is 'garbage' and that this should have been much better and a straight upgrade for top tier/mythic smns is pretty silly.

The body is useful to lesser geared people as a situational/sidegrade item.
Not everyone has the will or the means to run off and throw millions in skirmish stones at another hag set just for smn, or burn millions on smn reforge just to try the job to see if they like it.

You don't seem to understand. It's a bad robe even more so for undergeared summoners.

The body piece is an extremely easy place to get tons of -perp for an early summoner, either through glyphic or hagondes. If you're not using the body piece for -perp, where are you getting your -perp from? Capping your -perp should come first before starting to focus on refresh; wearing this thing is a straight up waste unless your -perp is capped.

An undergeared summoner has to trade off far too much in order to get this one refresh. If you're an undergeared summoner, where are you expecting to cap your perp? -5 JSE weapon (or -3 chatoyant), -4 convoker's pigaches, -1 evoker's ring... and then what? You're going to need -4-5 more perp. A glyphic horn +1 covers this (if you have ring, gridarvor, and boots), but you're losing the +2 refresh on your headpiece. The glyphic doublet +1 will, but no, you're using this robe instead, so that's out of the picture. The only thing left is augments from Hagondes in your other pieces. In the end, the -perp juggle will really depend on what gear you have, but using this robe is not an easy way for an undergeared summoner to get geared, because you're going to be struggling to cap your perp, and even if you do, you're only going to introduce more problems as you get better gear. This is all assuming you have ALL of those pieces too... if you're missing a single one, good luck.

The ONLY way I see an undergeared summoner making use of this is -5 Gridarvor, -4 Convoker's Pigaches, -1 Ring, -4 Glyphic Horn+1, and then that puts you at +3 Refresh with this robe instead of the normal +2. However, that doesn't sound undergeared anymore, and you've spent so much money on that +1 horn that you could've just spent on a Hagondes augment that would've been so much better. You would have so much more Refresh without all the hassle. This is nowhere near an optimal setup for -perp and +refresh.

This item does not act as a gateway, and it is such a situational "sidegrade" and its use is so specific in how our gear currently works that it is not useful for newbie summoners. In order for this item to be more useful we would need more -perp options in other slots.

In my opinion, the robe is a noob trap. You really shouldn't touch it unless you honestly know all of this and have planned out your gearset to account for all the negatives this thing brings with it. You could say "oh I'll just use it for the MAB", but no, Convoker's Body beats it by far with or without Nirvana, and if you have a Glyphic Horn+1 to even make use of this thing, you should have the much cheaper Convoker's Body to nullify that use. In the end, a newbie summoner has so much to lose using this robe and not much to gain, even if you struggle to fit its difficult conditions. Even with an avatar put away, a sparks wayfarer set will provide the same refresh as this robe.

The reason we talk about Nirvana using this robe is because it provides a large amount of -perp, allowing you to easily cap your -perp to consider how to use this thing. If you don't have Nirvana, or are not geared, you're going to have a difficult time capping your -perp equipping this thing, and as soon as your -perp is not capped, this thing is a waste and a terrible item to equip with an avatar out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-16 03:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I must agree that I find the stats fairly disappointing, yet I managed to find some sets to use this on, including an idle perpetuation set.
Being one that has pretty much all the pieces aside from Nirvana and some bits and pieces. (which is work in progress, I'm just being lazy.)
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-16 07:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
The reason we talk about Nirvana using this robe is because it provides a large amount of -perp, allowing you to easily cap your -perp to consider how to use this thing. If you don't have Nirvana, or are not geared, you're going to have a difficult time capping your -perp equipping this thing, and as soon as your -perp is not capped, this thing is a waste and a terrible item to equip with an avatar out.
You forgot that the only relevance Nirvana has to the discussion for real is the fact that it is a MAB body.
And since Nirvana gives +40%dmg, that's the only time where MAB may possibly perform better than lesser +BPdmg.

Personally, even with an extra +40%, I'd still prefer the hard increase over MAB. (The only exception would be Conveyance Cape augmented with <4%)
Simply because, theoretical v actual yield again (a bunch of players REALLY need to go learn themselves some Chemistry and stop thinking that spreadsheets are word of God... Papesse just showed a perfect example of that!), you'll always see better results on targets that matter. Because chances are, they have MDB. Which can severely curtail the effectiveness of small MAB.

Furthermore, I just can't justify wasting the time and money to +1 an inventory sink... That only is gonna be used when you're not doing anything!
If you're just standing around after a fight or whathaveyou... Elemental Siphon should be healing +40% of your MP. (Based on ~700ish with ~1800ish max.)
Factor in having, at minimum, 8 refresh with a Hagondes body....
There's literally 0 reason to ever use this PoS.
It's the epitome of waste and inventory clogging.
Because that's all it gives you.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-01-16 08:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Just as I had hoped for (and suspected), the new Ro'Maeve Unity NM Douma Weapon drops a new version of Yinyang Robe. I'm fairly impressed with the stats on it but one thing that jumped out immediately was the Refresh+3. This along with my Spurrina Coif brings my Refresh to +5 with just the head and body.

Thanks, SE.

If it were another job we were talking of I would understand, but why would you use spurrina on smn?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-16 08:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Just as I had hoped for (and suspected), the new Ro'Maeve Unity NM Douma Weapon drops a new version of Yinyang Robe. I'm fairly impressed with the stats on it but one thing that jumped out immediately was the Refresh+3. This along with my Spurrina Coif brings my Refresh to +5 with just the head and body.

Thanks, SE.

If it were another job we were talking of I would understand, but why would you use spurrina on smn?

Obviously I have Convoker's Horn+1 and it's a better idle piece, but I wear Spurrina Coif because I like the looks of it - it's a preference thing. If I'm in a situation where I'm idling in a pretty unfriendly area then I'll switch.

Otherwise, it's not a big deal.
By Acacia 2015-01-16 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Simply because, theoretical v actual yield again (a bunch of players REALLY need to go learn themselves some Chemistry and stop thinking that spreadsheets are word of God... Papesse just showed a perfect example of that!), you'll always see better results on targets that matter. Because chances are, they have MDB. Which can severely curtail the effectiveness of small MAB.
Actually, each point of MAB you have becomes MORE effective when the mob has higher MDB. That's the entire reason that it was theoretically possible that this body would be stronger when using Nirvana.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-01-16 11:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't be using Nirvana for magic BPs anyway, any Pet:MAB+120 staff will beat it. Which means Convoker's Doublet +1 still wins.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-16 11:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
You shouldn't be using Nirvana for magic BPs anyway, any Pet:MAB+120 staff will beat it. Which means Convoker's Doublet +1 still wins.

This is correct. I'm currently using Frazil Staff for magic-based BP's since that's the best I can get my hands on right now.
By Acacia 2015-01-16 12:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is correct. I'm currently using Frazil Staff for magic-based BP's since that's the best I can get my hands on right now.
From my testing with Nirvana vs Astralwatcher in the same set, Nirvana always wins.

If fact, I just tested it again to make sure against Wild Rabbits and against Celaeno. Heavenly Strike consistently does more damage with Nirvana then with Astralwatcher.
By Zoltar 2015-01-16 12:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Papesse, are you still using Astralwatcher for magic-based pacts and Nirvana for physical/hybrids?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-16 12:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

From my testing with Nirvana vs Astralwatcher in the same set, Nirvana always wins.

If fact, I just tested it again to make sure against Wild Rabbits and against Celaeno. Heavenly Strike consistently does more damage with Nirvana then with Astralwatcher.

Hmmm, that's interesting.

For the sake of consistency, I'm going to play around with Nirvana/Frazil on the same Wild Rabbits and poke Celaeno to see what the results are.

Yes I realize I'm dealing with 1 less Pet: MAB but whatever.
By Acacia 2015-01-16 12:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Papesse, are you still using Astralwatcher for magic-based pacts and Nirvana for physical/hybrids?
In his post above he says he uses Astralwatcher for merit BPs under certain conditions.

For the sake of consistency, I'm going to play around with Nirvana/Frazil on the same Wild Rabbits and poke Celaeno to see what the results are.

It will also depend on the the rest of your set, because the more MAB you have the less effective each extra point is vs BP damage. In the set I posted on the the previous page, I think I'm only 5 pet:MAB bellow the absolute max you can get. So if you have less then that on your set, a pet:MAB might actually do slightly more damage.
By Crevox 2015-01-16 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, Nirvana always does less damage with magical BPs.

Astralwatcher is generally a poor choice of weapon nowadays anyways, since you're trading 20 macc for 1 mab. Even if you thought that was a good trade, I believe a Keraunos with +21 MAB (or higher) is cheaper than what an Astralwatcher would cost, and Keraunos gives +20 macc as well.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-16 12:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In his post above he says he uses Astralwatcher for merit BPs under certain conditions.

It will also depend on the the rest of your set, because the more MAB you have the less effective each extra point is vs BP damage. In the set I posted on the the previous page, I think I'm only 5 pet:MAB bellow the absolute max you can get. So if you have less then that on your set, a pet:MAB might actually do slightly more damage.

I went back and took a peek at the set you posted. I don't have Argochampsa Mantle yet. So far I've only obtained a Pet: Magic Accuracy+2 earring from the Those Who Lurk In Shadows BC.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-16 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Astralwatcher is generally a poor choice of weapon nowadays anyways, since you're trading 20 macc for 1 mab. Even if you thought that was a good trade, I believe a Keraunos with +21 MAB (or higher) is cheaper than what an Astralwatcher would cost, and Keraunos gives +20 macc as well.

I went with Frazil instead of pouring a ton of gil into my Keraunos. I'm working on Yagrush right now so every saved gil is important!
By Acacia 2015-01-16 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Certainly, Keraunos is the best MAB staff (if you get a 20+ augment) and Frazil Staff is the second best but I had neither to test with. And if you're concerned about magic accuracy, Nirvana certainly has more then either of those.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-01-16 16:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
That makes sense to me considering that INT not just magic attack bonus is considered in magic damage. Losing the 30 INT will hurt especially since supposedly avatars are BLM's and have inherent MAB (though there is no cap on MAB). the dINT adds to the base dmg of the spell in effect, so in many cases it is the better stat.

15% more dmg from 50 is less than 10% more damage from 80 for example.
Nirvana only adds +10 INT if you use Seraphicaller.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-01-16 23:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I get so confused with MAB and BP dmg sometimes.

I'll just listen to papesse over anyone else for now on lol.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-01-16 23:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad the alluvion skirmish augmenting system is complete crap. I'm still trying to get that highest +21 augment on my Keraunos. Right now it has some MACC on it, and I use frazil for MAB for the time being.

But yeah, as for this body.. its a fashion body piece. Something to look cute in.

Or for those summoners who think gear that says MAB+ without the Pet/Avatar: still works on their avatars. Trust me they exist!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-20 10:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to point out that this Unity NM (Douma) is a pain in the arse.

How are you guys killing it?

I threw a bunch of THF's at it, which didn't pan out so well. Next came a WAR for Fell Cleave (for the adds), but that was hit and miss. What's effective? An army of BLM's?
By Acacia 2015-01-20 13:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way I've seen so far is with: PLD/RDM, THF, THF, WHM, BRD, RDM
Have the PLD stand away from the rest of the party members and Diaga whenever the adds pop and just hold them. Have the THFs TA skillchain off each other. Things get kind nuts near the end because the adds start attacking whoever but if you try to avoid casting anything on the PLD that helps. We also did without the RDM a few rounds because they didn't have enough UA.
By Zoltar 2015-01-20 14:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I threw a bunch of THF's at it, which didn't pan out so well. Next came a WAR for Fell Cleave (for the adds), but that was hit and miss. What's effective? An army of BLM's?

Bring a couple SMN for Thunderspark or BLMs to AoE the adds when they pop. They have low HP. PLD holds Douma pretty easy, throw a few DD on it (RNG also very good here bc it doesn't get hit with constant AoE)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-20 14:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way I've seen so far is with: PLD/RDM, THF, THF, WHM, BRD, RDM
Have the PLD stand away from the rest of the party members and Diaga whenever the adds pop and just hold them. Have the THFs TA skillchain off each other. Things get kind nuts near the end because the adds start attacking whoever but if you try to avoid casting anything on the PLD that helps. We also did without the RDM a few rounds because they didn't have enough UA.

Bring a couple SMN for Thunderspark or BLMs to AoE the adds when they pop. They have low HP. PLD holds Douma pretty easy, throw a few DD on it (RNG also very good here bc it doesn't get hit with constant AoE)

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, the adds get particularly unmanageable if they're not taken out asap. The enmity mechanics are either really simple or really complicated to understand with this Unity - I'm still trying to figure out which category it falls into.

At various times in our previous runs, the adds would randomly teleport and wipe individual members who weren't even doing anything to draw enmity. It's so weird.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-01-20 15:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed it pld whm brd. Don't need anything else is a joke, bring a thf maybe? Least for my pld it was.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-20 15:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Soloed it pld whm brd. Don't need anything else is a joke, bring a thf maybe? Least for my pld it was.

Soloing with 3 like a boss.
[+]