New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 80 81 82
By SimonSes 2018-10-09 22:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's just Climatic Flourish. I was expecting more knowledge about your abilities from such an active DNC Katriina..
By Meril1 2018-10-09 22:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch! <Burn>
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-10 00:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Yeah, that's just Climatic Flourish. I was expecting more knowledge about your abilities from such an active DNC Katriina..

.... I dont recall using Clim for more than 2 steps but if indeed its Clim bonus then thats a relief.
I will re-test with 5/5 Clim and without it later.

Edit: just finished testing it and its Clim for sure, thanks for clarifying this for me.
By SimonSes 2018-10-10 02:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

.... I dont recall using Clim for more than 2 steps but if indeed its Clim bonus then thats a relief.
I will retest with 5/5 Clim and without it later.

But why? You should always use 5/5 Climatic, because it gives you a chance to do 3rd climatic Rudra.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-10 02:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In the case of RF sure [you don't need 5/5 even], highly doubt it will be the case without it though.

Also, the general approach to multi step [Provided by you somewhere] was Rudra> Evi> Rudra
I usually do Evi> Rudra > Rudra personally.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-10 02:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
Can you be more specific about your buffs and your gear? Thanks.

Was in capped situation where [Idris Frailty + Angon + Box Step level 3 or something and light shot Dia 3] and BiS TP set with JSE neck and Sari offhand thats all.
By SimonSes 2018-10-10 02:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In the case of RF sure [you don't need 5/5 even], highly doubt it will be the case without it though.

You can do Climactic > Rudra > RF > Rudra and you are left with 4 rounds with Climactic buff. If you get lucky and get 1000+ TP ready in 3 rounds, you can make 3rd Rudra with Climactic buff.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-10 02:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get lucky and get 1000+
Thats a big "IF" can only see it really happen with either Meditate right after first Clim or Save TP/Tactic roll ...
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-10 03:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rly? I do it all the time, even easier if you got SAM roll on. What I do is:

Climactic + WS > Noo Foot rise (get 250tp back) and a couple of melee hits for another WS > Reverse Flourish and third (final) WS that consumes the last or next to last Climactic charge.

Sometimes lag *** me up but it usually works all of the times.

This is gonna be even easier once the Empy reforge comes out, supposing the AF3+3 head will add 1/2 more Climactic Charges.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-10 05:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

your NFR 5/5? thats possible if so.

Also this got me thinking, whats the maximum number of clim rudras when Grand Pas + Trance are used with 5/5 Clim at start before SPs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-10 05:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

your NFR 5/5? thats possible if so.
I am now 5/5 but this was working the majority of times even when I was 4/5.

Yes sometimes lag or unlucky quadruple attack procs can *** you, but most of the times it works.

For your Grand Pas question I dunno what's the best route to go, I never really gave it too much thought.
I normally chain Grand Pas right after the previously mentioned combination, allows me to do 2 more Climactic Rudras in general.

Grand Pas > Climactic > Rudra > Reverse Flourish > Rudra
After RF (I think?) Grand Pas wears off, or shortly after, something like that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-10-14 01:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

my go-to climactic SC is evis > climactic > reverse flourish > rudra > tp > rudra

depending on how many multihits you get after the evis, you can save the reverse flourish until after the first rudra

with terp AM3, saber dance, capped haste it usually works out

sam roll helps a lot, and if I'm zerging something solo and need to guarantee the double dark goes off, I usually just pop a TP wing or Trance after the first rudra's
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-10-14 11:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys, i was wondering, in the spreadsheet i been using for dnc im pretty certain its missing a bunch, like the set bonus's from maxixi and had no wsd for Polyhymnia. im ok picturing it without the mummu/megh sets though i still incorparate a few of those into my sets or wonder how they do compared, did i just pick up an old unfinished one? has up to horos +3 in it /shrug
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-10-20 18:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
hey guys, i was wondering, in the spreadsheet i been using for dnc im pretty certain its missing a bunch, like the set bonus's from maxixi and had no wsd for Polyhymnia. im ok picturing it without the mummu/megh sets though i still incorparate a few of those into my sets or wonder how they do compared, did i just pick up an old unfinished one? has up to horos +3 in it /shrug

I didnt even look at Poly until this post, and am wondering how it matches up Vs Twash (+50DEX) OH witht he wsd changes while MH Terp.
By Afania 2018-10-20 21:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »

I didnt even look at Poly until this post, and am wondering how it matches up Vs Twash (+50DEX) OH witht he wsd changes while MH Terp.

Since DM has bigger wsd potential maybe Skinflayer would be better?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-11-01 03:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretically speaking, what is the maximum clim rudras that can be used in a short window? say during, Ody?

I tried this scenario, could use more ideas from others, [If this sequence was used in ideal situations]:

3k TP > Grand Pas + Sekkanoki + Clim > Rudra > Rudra > RF > Rudra > Wings > Rudra > Wings > Rudra > Trance + NFR + Clim > Rudra > Revit > NFR + RF + Sekkanoki > Rudra > Rudra

Total of 8 Clim Rudras can be used in 29s, and if capped situations, thats a total of 600-700k HP.[without SC DMG]

Can 2-3 Dancers melt Schah? in a perfect scenario, possibly.. is it worth it? maybe not, its all just a theory.
By SimonSes 2018-11-01 06:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Since DM has bigger wsd potential maybe Skinflayer would be better?

Actually, do we know possible dm augments and their limit for weapons?
 Asura.Ilyriusa
user: jlim
By Asura.Ilyriusa 2018-11-01 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys,
i was wondering,
does anyone know how to track the number of finishing moves on your character outside of a gearswap 'environment'?

I've been trying to figure out a better way to track the number of FMs i have, but i just can't seem to track them properly.
I tried using register_event('gain buff') and register_event('lose buff', but they get really complex when i use up the FMs. Furthermore, they only track up to 5 FMs, after which, they give the same buffID for every subsequent FM gained.

I'm hoping that someone who has good knowledge of windower and lua coding can point me to how gearswap's buffactive function works, so that i can replicate it in on a smaller scale, tracking only the FMs gained/lost.

i apologize in advance if i used the wrong terminalogy and whatnot in my post, i'm still very new to windower and lua coding and i've yet to grasp the concepts of it.

Thank you very much for your help.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-01 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know the game packets do not track the exact number of finishing moves you get. You can only track it through the buff icon but that only goes up to 5, can't track 6, 7, 8 or 9 from that.
The only thing in game that returns an exact amount of current finishing moves through packets is No Foot Rise. When you use that the game will return the exact number of maneuvers no matter if the value is above or below 5.

Other than that it's kinda hard to track it through an addon because there are some strange situations.
For instance one could say "Just make an addon that tracks wether or not your Step lands, and add +2 if it does!" but that wouldn't be enough because think of a situation where the monster already has that step at level 10. In that situation the Step would give you only 1 Finishing Move and not 2.

I mean you could add an additional routine to check for the battle message that says how many Steps of that kind are on the current target and add +1 or +2 accordingly.
Then there's the +1 from Terpsichore.

I mean it's all possible in theory but I think it would be hard to have something that is absolutely correct 100% of the time with no possibility or mistakes.

If you ever find a way or convince someone to develop such an addon though be my guest! I would welcome such a tool with open arms! :D
 Asura.Ilyriusa
By Asura.Ilyriusa 2018-11-01 13:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sechs for your reply.

I was looking through the DNC gearswap scripts available online, and i keep seeing things like:

local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']
taken from:
https://fr.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41580/gearswap-support-thread/73/#2932955

Do you know if these actually work?
If so, doesn't that mean that there is some way to track the exact number of FMs?
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-11-01 14:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ilyriusa said: »
Thanks Sechs for your reply.

I was looking through the DNC gearswap scripts available online, and i keep seeing things like:

local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 5'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']
taken from:
https://fr.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41580/gearswap-support-thread/73/#2932955

Do you know if these actually work?
If so, doesn't that mean that there is some way to track the exact number of FMs?

No, that code string wouldn't work. There is no 'Finishing Move 6' or 'Finishing Move 7' buff status. There is only 1-5, and 'Finishing Move 6+'.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-01 19:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I *think* there's actually 1-4 and 5+.
Possible brain fart of me atm but I don't seem to recall 5 and 6+, just 5+ and that's it.
It's the same for Utsusemi. It displays 1, 2, 3 or "4+", which can mean you have exactely 4, or something above that.
 Asura.Ilyriusa
By Asura.Ilyriusa 2018-11-02 01:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess that's that then.
there're too many things to cover in order to track the FMs by text.
And trying to simplify the process by tracking FMs 1 to 5 by gain/lose buff, and 6 to 9 by text only makes things worse as they keep overwriting each other's input.

Guess i'm just not good enough to figure out how to do this properly.

oh well, i guess it was a good exercise.

Thanks anyway for your input guys. appreciate it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-02 03:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposing to start from a situation "zero" (i.e. no FMs)

1) The addon should add +2 FMs for each landed step, building up an internal counter up to the max value of 10
2) The addon should check for text message when the Step lands. If the Daze related to the specific Step used is already at level 10, then only +1 will be added to the counter
3) If the player is using Terpsichore, then another +1 will be added to each successfully landed Step (I think this bonus applies even if the daze is already at 10, but I'm not sure, I don't own a Terps myself)
4) If Presto was up before the step lands, add another +1 (I think Presto adds +1, if the step lands, even if the Daze was already at level 10? I'm not sure to be fair, I don't remember)
5) Each use of Flourishes will lower the above mentioned internal counter by a certain amount, accordingly to the Flourish used

Things would be a bit more complicated if you were to start the addon from a non-zero situation. In this scenario you could make the addon recognize steps from 1 to 4 through the buffID, but from 5 onward it would be a mess.

Another complicated part would be in the chat parsing. You would need to get exact messages from chatlog packets and make sure to get only those for the right target. For instance think of a situation where multiple players are using steps on different targets with the same name at the same time. Think two MNK Quadavs in Divergence Bastok for instance.
This is totally doable I think but it's complicated.

A third layer of complexity is on the point 2) of the list I made above. When you see the message "You successfully land Box Step on the Quadav MNK and Sluggish Daze reaches level 10" it can be ambiguous.
It can mean Sluggish Daze was already at 10 before (in which case the addon would need to add only +1) or maybe it was at 9 before (in which case it would have to add +2 to its internal counter).
I don't think there is a way to discern this situation honestly, it's probably the biggest problem in developing such an addon?

At least, I can't think of a possible way to address this ambiguity, but hey I'm not a programmer myself! There might be ways I can't think of.

Edit:
Of course it would be a mess with a packet loss as well, and in instanced zones packet losses are, sadly, very very common :-(
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-11-03 03:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it :)
[+]
By gargurty 2018-11-03 04:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice man congrats
By Zeota 2018-11-03 09:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! Comgrats! Terp club represent!
By hobo 2018-11-03 12:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Terp is a nice weapon, congrats. Also works great as a style lock on other jobs without cool daggers
[+]
By Shiyo 2018-11-09 01:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So with the WSD change our relic+3 pants have no use now? I can't think of any use - they're worse than lustratio+1 legs/feet for rudras, and samnuha is better for PK and exenterator.

People seem to use them for rudras but my math says relic+3 legs with my 6% WSD herc boots are slightly worse than lustratio +1 legs/feet for me. Perhaps you need 4% WSD and 15 dex on your herculean for +3 legs to win for rudras?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-09 01:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP broken PK
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 80 81 82