First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 80 81 82
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-10-01 08:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Issymo said: »
Not gear related but want to see if anyone else finds it difficult being able to go dnc to events? It’s often over looked. It’s actually heart breaking that people are ignorant about it.

Just wanted to get this off my chest as I have a feeling many dnc here are in the same situation even though we are geared to the teeth and very skilled.

My LS leader has pretty much banned me from coming anything but DNC. You can make it work, just go the extra mile to separate yourself from other DD competeting for your spot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-01 11:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Issymo said: »
Not gear related but want to see if anyone else finds it difficult being able to go dnc to events? It’s often over looked. It’s actually heart breaking that people are ignorant about it.

Just wanted to get this off my chest as I have a feeling many dnc here are in the same situation even though we are geared to the teeth and very skilled.

I feel like at this point in the game's life cycle, linkshell leaders should know better. Any DPS well job mastered, well played, and with appropriate gearsets can get the job done in any of the content. Job-banning from events is borderline ridiculous.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-01 14:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I feel like at this point in the game's life cycle, linkshell leaders should know better. Any DPS well job mastered, well played, and with appropriate gearsets can get the job done in any of the content. Job-banning from events is borderline ridiculous.

You'd think so, but it's definitely not the case. Most LS leaders are just as clueless as the rest of the herd -- just copy/pasting what they read on forums/see on Youtube.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-01 14:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

*** if that isn't the truth. This site causes more harm than good.

You all think you're doing good, with maximum sets under maximum conditions. All you really accomplish is making idiots think they'll magically fail/time out if they don't use this exact set up, under these exact conditions.
[+]
By Zeota 2018-10-01 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As great as sites like this one are at providing information, they're also the biggest pushers of groupthink. Par for the course for these these communities I guess.
 Bismarck.Issymo
Server: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2018-10-01 14:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
It's a non-meta job, you'll have to do more advocating within your play group for them to feel comfortable with it.

Go beyond the simple argument of potential individual DPS. Highlight the party benefits of the job, and why a DNC would shine in the content you're preparing to do. Why would DNC make the run safer/efficient/faster?

And while we all want to play DNC as much as possible, avoid trying to shoehorn it into content/setups that aren't suited for it.

If you do both of those things, and back up your words in the field, you'll find that you'll quickly win a lot people over to the job.

I think you are right and hit the nail on the head but it often gets tiring having to educate people all the time. I do need to speak up to my linkshells though. But I fear I will always be repeating myself. Maybe they had a bad experience with DNC or just feel safer picking wars and blues.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-10-01 15:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't shoot the messenger because of the message...

Your understanding and comprehension of information presented does not fall on presenter. I'd much rather have a surplus of information than none at all.

Perhaps if you would take your ***posting elsewhere it would clear up the forums.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-01 15:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't the messenger, it's the wrong people getting the message, which... would be the messengers fault...

"maximum" is not for everyone. But they all seem to think it is. You get people running around thinking dancer (its the dancer thread) is absolute garbage, because it doesn't put out maximum numbers comparable to sam/war/drk... even though 100% of those people reading that statement will never have maximum conditions, and dancer would perform perfectly well, with their set of conditions.

There's a huge operating scale on which people perform tasks. This site completely neglects all but the maximums, and people clearly not playing at maximum think they are, because it's all they ever get to read about.

Dnc (again being dnc thread) plays exceptionally well... under conditions where people actually play... (aka not maximum buffs) But they don't get to see that part. Only that dnc =/= warrior with 100% acc 100% capped attack and 5 buffers.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-10-01 17:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this is always the problem with sites like this, right? We're here in this thread to fill a very specific - though crucial - need: identify what the absolute best gear setup for a given job is at a particular moment. However, most of the actual, organic discussion that goes on in the thread is helping individual real-world players optimize under conditions and access that fall well short of that. But most people coming here don't want to read all that ***, so context is destroyed and the impression is created that anything less than a very specific best underperforms.

This tends to not produce such a huge disconnect in other modern themepark MMOs like WoW or 14, because your throughput tracks pretty easily with your item level and there's a fairly strict limit on what kind of power you can amass at any given time. Here, it's all over the place, and the fact that a lot/most people don't parse means they don't always have a clear idea what most jobs are actually capable of given the sheer amount of gear we can acquire and use situationally. I mean, the sims will say "4500 DPS" and we'll all stroke our chins and nod sagely but it's hard to really grasp what that looks like until you, like, go into a random Delve with a COR that literally one-shots every boss with Leaden Salute. Most folks don't need that kind of power and would not think they did if they actually saw it in action.

I don't really know how to translate this into a better culture of advice other than just throwing up your hands and saying "if you aren't sure, just stack accuracy and get better at assisting your tank."
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-10-02 00:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Find better endgame groups to play with. My group knows exactly what dancer can do, and when bringing a dancer is appropriate, I'm always asked to come DNC.

Tonight I went DNC to wave3 clear in Sandy and was able to hold my own dmg wise, while keeping haste samba and boxstepx10 up for the party. Extremely useful and makes sense if you know the event.

There are very few jobs, if any, where you can come that job all the time. Be flexible and be a credit to your playgroup as a player, regardless of what role your filling at any particular moment.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerkles
Server: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-10-02 07:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I wreck wave 3 on DNC, I was the one soloing the non Volt-NMs while the other DDs focused on NM Volt. Also what Pusheen said.
[+]
By Zeota 2018-10-02 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quickstep is a godsend against the more evasive Wave 3 NMs. We have a career rdm in our group so distract 3 is also a boon.
By Rainemard 2018-10-02 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I literally only have war and dnc geared, but they're both very appreciated as DD to events, my dnc even moreso than my war lately on dyna3 since box step and feather step add a big amount of damage against final boss. That's how I cleared san d'oria and bastok so far, gonna get the other two soon as well. For omen I love dnc on kin and gin since it melts both, with the subtle blow making a huge difference on kin. Ambu is always hit or miss though, this month being a miss. :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2018-10-06 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There must be something I am doing wrong. I am trying to test out the WSD bug on things of decent level (like jima T1s) with just trusts and a RCB but I don't get anywhere the numbers yall get. <_<
I tried stacking and double stacking and it's not even close.

I was DNC/WAR. Food: RCB. Solo. NPC GEO ATT+/DEF-. I didn't use berserk in any of those cases. These are my results: Q_Q

Rudra unstacked

PK Stacked

Double stacked

Double stacked again for good measure. . .

I wanted something not weak to piercing but it doesn't seem to change my playstyle unless I am missing something :/ Please enlighten me.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-10-06 17:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What weapons were you using? What were your Pyrrhic numbers looking like before stacking WSD?
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2018-10-06 21:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-stacked PKs usually did around 20k with my current normal gear and it actually went a bit lower to 18k on average with more WSD added in on the flayer. :/

I was using terpaderp/twashtar. Both are afterglowed but not augmented.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-10-08 19:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we need to re-examine Lustratio Harness +1 for BiS PK on non-augmented gear? STR49 ACC40 ATT20 DA3 WSD2% (when paired with another piece). Thanks!
By SimonSes 2018-10-09 02:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »

Not sure what kind of damage you was expecting? Pyrrhic doesn't scale with TP, so while it's VERY competitive now against other top WSs at 1000TP, it's not really competitive to lets say Resolution at 3000TP. Attack capped Pyrrhic should do around 27k with AG non-augmented Terpsi. 32k with 1 additional hit from multi attack proc, 38k with 2 additional hits and 43k with 3 additional hits. This is assuming 50% WSD, 346 STR and 380 DEX.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-09 03:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies for not reading all threads concerning PDL [Physical Damage Limit] on new JSE necks but felt the need to report this while going DNC with Maxed out Etoile Gorget:

-It seems to break cap on dmg and double it for mele hits [Max mele hit without AM3 Proc on Volte was 1.2k and with Neck Proc it was 2.4k]
-It procs on AM3 Twashtar [Max mele on Volte was 3.5k with Neck Proc it was 7k]
-It also seems to proc on WS's [Rudra Strom went from 30k to 45k on Volte during Proc and around 2k TP with Twashtar Main indicating a proc on one of the hits] ~ More testing is needed.

Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
There must be something I am doing wrong. I am trying to test out the WSD bug on things of decent level (like jima T1s) with just trusts and a RCB but I don't get anywhere the numbers yall get. <_<
I tried stacking and double stacking and it's not even close.

Most of the numbers you noticed from others were in conjunction with Box Step lvl 10, I want to believe that's the reason.
Soulflayers usually have High MDB/Defense, maybe try another T1?
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-10-09 04:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some revolution info for Physical Damage Limit. I'm actually really surprised that I haven't seen anyone else claiming similar thing for PDL (Maybe I missed something tho), which is quite common augment on JSE necks and many ppl have them already. So I really wonder if that's the case. Volte Wave 3 mobs seems to be kinda bad target for testing that anyway, considering how many buffs and debuffs playing a huge role there, so I suggest test on some low lvl stuff to make sure that what you claim is actually true.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-09 04:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait wait, so PDL is a "chance" of something to happen that boosts your physical damage?

Didn't Byrth and other people report it simply as a pDIF modifier?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-09 04:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't playing much lately and only log for Dyna but I can still confirm the same numbers on Gobs in Dyna Jeuno Wave 1 and 2 by the way~

And definitely should be tested/confirmed by others.
That, or I have to dive deep into threads to find out similar reporting.
It was surprising to me to see such spikes because previously they mentioned pDIF only and here I hit 7k on AM3 in maxed situations...
By SimonSes 2018-10-09 08:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, Dynamis D has so many buffs/debuffs and mechanic involved that taking a conclusion from it is not really smart. For instance goblins in Dynamis wave 1 and 2 (NMs) can full heal, but then they take more damage if I remember correctly.

If you want to be sure you should just go to some low lvl area and just kill trash low lvl mobs. With 10% activation rate, it would proc pretty frequently and would be very easy to spot.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-09 14:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There, track these numbers on Carver and try to explain them Simon Please~

Critical AM3 is 3.2k
Critical AM3 Proc is 6.7k

Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-09 15:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a stupid question, but are you wearing AF3?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-10-09 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Negative
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-09 16:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Climactic CHA bonus only impact mainhand?

Edit : not the case. Just differing base dmg on mh and oh dagger?
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2018-10-09 17:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
There, track these numbers on Carver and try to explain them Simon Please~

Critical AM3 is 3.2k
Critical AM3 Proc is 6.7k

Can you be more specific about your buffs and your gear? Thanks.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-09 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Climactic CHA bonus only impact mainhand?

Edit : not the case. Just differing base dmg on mh and oh dagger?
climactic is first hit of an attack round, so only the main hand. it's just climactic bonuses, no neck proc at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-09 19:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I get for second guessing myself.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 80 81 82