New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 80 81 82
By Rainemard 2018-09-02 05:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When it's literally noticing by just eyeballing on kin, you know SB is good. That's just 55% too, this'll bring it to 80% which gets better and better the more you stack it, like haste. Also no idea what fTP has to do with anything here... But you do you.
By SimonSes 2018-09-02 09:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Regain 500/s sounds like super lame execuse to clear your mind off sb option. SB is great and it works. Also SBii on su5 seems to be paired with following attack 50% which I believe is easily the best offhand for damage too (assuming sbii on offhand works for both hands).
 Shiva.Zerkles
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-02 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty new to DNC but have gear and master. Was looking into getting cards and doing some bosses on DNC.

Fan dance looks great for me (either solo 4 boxing or sometimes with 1-2 friends).

If i read correctly, as long as I dont get hit I can maintain that 90% DT? Does losing shadows count as "getting hit"?

Got kind of excited because I can bring one of my char as RUN tank and having that much DT for omen bosses would be fantastic.

Further more, does anyone have a rule in their Lua that can recognize when Fan Dance is up and equip a different hybrid/dt w.e set?
By Rainemard 2018-09-02 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc the basic gearswap most people use is kinetix/motenten, it has a rule that recognizes buffs. Basically use the fan dance one and you're good.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-09-04 23:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Super new to DNC and loving it so far. Been reading the guide here and especially over at bg wiki so shout out to all your hardcore DNC players.

Picked up a skinflayer today and dumped a ton of stones into it. Here is where I landed:

DMG+15, DEX+13, Accuracy + 17, Attack + 9, WSD + 2%. Should I continue to throw stones at this or are any potential upgrades going to be marginal?

Going with a Skinflayer/Poly combo right now.
By Meril1 2018-09-05 01:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No that's fine, try a dark matter roll at it when the campaign's up. Or just leave it as is.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-05 01:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerkles said: »
Pretty new to DNC but have gear and master. Was looking into getting cards and doing some bosses on DNC.

Fan dance looks great for me (either solo 4 boxing or sometimes with 1-2 friends).

If i read correctly, as long as I dont get hit I can maintain that 90% DT? Does losing shadows count as "getting hit"?

Got kind of excited because I can bring one of my char as RUN tank and having that much DT for omen bosses would be fantastic.

Further more, does anyone have a rule in their Lua that can recognize when Fan Dance is up and equip a different hybrid/dt w.e set?

Fan Dance only loses potency if you receive physical damage. Also, the effects of Fan Dance compound with regular PDT: if you have 50% PDT and 90% Fan Dance, you have 95% effective PDT. So stacking PDT isn't that useful at high levels of Fan Dance.

Depending on the content and party setup, you actually can tank effectively on DNC.

For this you will mostly likely be blink-tanking. I would say that at high Fan Dance values, you want to focus on haste/enmity/accuracy so you can build hate quickly, since the 5% PDT is usually not worth fulltiming a 50% PDT set.

MDT is a different story of course -- sub /RUN if blink-ignoring magic damage is a big factor (i.e. Avatar Fights).
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-05 07:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if buffactive['Fan Dance'] then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.Hybrid, sets.buff['Fan Dance'])
    end

return meleeSet
end

(not tested)

IMO I wouldn't implement it like this tho -- it's too inflexible. I'd recommend just going manually into hybrid if you pull hate.
 Shiva.Zerkles
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-05 10:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Code
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if buffactive['Fan Dance'] then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.Hybrid, sets.buff['Fan Dance'])
    end

return meleeSet
end

(not tested)

IMO I wouldn't implement it like this tho -- it's too inflexible. I'd recommend just going manually into hybrid if you pull hate.

Great thanks, I'll take some time to expand on this. Ultimately i'd like for it to happen automatically because of how many char i have to juggle at times.

Something along the lines of(psuedo) ~~ If Hybrid mode = true AND Buffactive[Fan Dance] combine {meleeset, sets.fandance} else update meleeset

If there is a way to have GS recognize when you get hit and then have a function that counts the hits and incrementally adds dt/pdt to maintain 50%, that would be neat too.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-09-05 22:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a recommended build order for Articact/Relic/Empy reforging for a new DNC or is it pretty much gotta-catch-em-all?

If I had to guess at priority pieces:

Maxixi Body/Hands.

Horos Body/Tights for eventual +2/3.

Empy Feet/Head.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-05 22:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Luna, focus on Empy head and hands first. Then upgrade AF2+3 feet. Expand outward from these pieces.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-05 22:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more or less collect them all, since so many pieces augment JA's. There's only one piece I would recommend you skip (Empy legs), and that could change when they update to +2/3. ^^;
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-09-06 15:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Newbie dagger question on which to use... I'm a ways away from any REMAs, currently have enchufla, polyhymnia, ipetam with max dmg aug, and a blurred knife +1. What's optimal combo of those? I'm assuming ipetam for mainhand because highest dmg and then poly for offhand for all the stat bonuses, but BGwiki guide shows mainhand poly & offhand enchufla/odium for beginner sets and it has me questioning everything.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-06 17:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Selection criteria was done according to:

-Play Style [Rudra, PK, Support, Zerg]
-Utiliy and WS mods.
-Optimal Delay [lowest Delay with highest stats]
-Obtainabilty.

As much as I like Ipetam [I got QA,DA on it] but it has horrible delay.

Poly [maxed] is definitely a staple for starting DNC.

However, I can see Ipetam working well with blurred +1.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-09-07 14:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to use the DNC DPS calculator sheet but have no idea wtf I am doing xD

That being said, can we talk about Pyrrhic sets? It seems like there are two approaches: Adhemar vs Lustratio/AF+Relic.

These two sets are what I am alluding to (talking about the main slots only):

ItemSet 361160

vs

ItemSet 361161

The Lustratio path set I got from the BG Wiki guide. The other is what I have seen some other Dancers use. If I was building a set on my own with no input I would probably lean toward the Adhemar path, but I do value the input on the BG Wiki guide because it seems like the go-to for DNC stuff. Thoughts?
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-07 15:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of the two above the Lustratio option is better for PK.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-09 01:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide is made based on contributions by DNC community and should only be taken as a Guide and not a Bible :D [It should always be criticized and improved accordingly].

That being said, the only drawback from Lust set is you're practically naked and if for some reason your WS set gets locked during TP move it would definitely hurt [Damn you Kyou].

Give yourself more time to play with spreadsheet its relatively easy to understand and if you dont want to invest in Lust Gear at least use Relic +3 body instead of Adhemar and Herc Head with [3TA 15 STR] and call it a day.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-09 04:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lustratio is also only good, when acc/att is capped with it, which would be a very rare situation for me, but if you run everywhere with bis buffs then maybe it's not that rare for you.
[+]
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 02:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Dynamis D crafted dagger's augments are Main Hand only. Guess Twash is still best offhand by far then, since there's no way in hell that'll ever get mainhanded.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 02:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainemard said: »
So the Dynamis D crafted dagger's augments are Main Hand only. Guess Twash is still best offhand by far then, since there's no way in hell that'll ever get mainhanded.

Hmmmm.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
No one is going to purposely take anything with SBII because SBII doesn't make the weapon stronger. It just makes you smarter. That isn't a thing that happens here.

You're not going to pass up a "500 dps increase"* for subtle blow under any circumstances.

That is to say, no one is going to pick it regardless, if other options are still better.
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 02:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If that subtle blow was offhand it'd be great since it'd function as a stat stick. Now you have to give up insane +WS augments to get there on superior weapons. This isn't a 500 dps difference, this is WAY more and defeats the purpose of bringing a DD in the first place.
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 03:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For the augments:

Path A: Main Hand: Double Attack +50%, Store TP +25, DMG +5
Path B: Main Hand: Follow-up Attack +50%, Subtle Blow II +25, DMG +5
Path C: Main Hand: Fourish Recast Time -25%, Step Duration +60, DMG +5
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-10 03:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What insane WS augment? If you main hand aeonic you will only probably have TP bonus +500 as your only DPS increase stat over main hand SU5. That TP bonus is huge for Rudra, but the TP you get from 50% following attack should close the gap to some degree. the difference in DPS while spamming Rudra shouldnt be high.
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 03:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you forgetting terps exists with it's PK DMG+45%?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-10 03:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see some spreadsheet tests with the final numbers in our hand to see how the tier list of weapon changes, IF it changes.

For DNC in terms of pure DPS it was sorta Aeneas > Terpsichore >>> Twashtar.

Also I feel the new Divergence weapon is underestimated.
DA+50/STP+25 is no joke, The follow up attack is nice too. With proper gear this could give some nice results.

I expect Aeneas to still be the winner but with a smaller gap with Terpsichore. Which honestly, even if it used to lose to Aeneas for pure damage, it already was the best weapon for DNC if you ask me.
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 03:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just salty because I wanted a stat stick. :(
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 03:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell if Twashtar's augments are Main Hand only as well?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-10 03:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainemard said: »
I'm just salty because I wanted a stat stick. :(
All of the dualwielder jobs wanted another cool OH option but realistically can you blame SE? With THOSE stats the Divergence weapons could've become a biiiiiiit too powerful of an offhand option, don't you agree?

I mean look at those Path A or B, even ignoring the nice Path C.
Those are incredibly powerful man, it would've been such a huge DPS increase.
By Rainemard 2018-09-10 03:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, the 2h weapons are already in a really strong position atm. Pointing at for example lionheart and caladbolg, how do you compete with that as a dual wielder at this point? Or am I just eyeballing it too much, haven't used their spreadsheets. Also, anyone know DNC neck +2 augs?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-09-10 04:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Checked DNC Neck just now:

*PDL=Physical Damage Limit

DNC Neck DEX CHR STP PDL
Etoile Gorget +15 +5 +6%
Etoile Gorget +1 +?? +?? +8%
Etoile Gorget +2 +?? +?? +10%

Its possible to follow same DRK Neck with 6,7 STP [or 7,10] and 20,25 DEX CHR
And Yes its our new TP, Rudra BiS even as NQ.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 80 81 82