On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 95 96 97
By Nariont 2019-05-10 15:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

but Cors a DD, i thought it didnt matter what happened to DDs, you say whm is the most important job to keep sustained/alive, yet you wont go the extra mile to even attempt to support it?
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-10 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
eliroo said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Stoneskin (which should ALWAYS be up)

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I have sublimation and stoneskin up then I won't wake up when a mob hits me with sleep?

Probably trolling...lol. you can cancel stoneskin.

You can, but there is some delay tied to that... Hmmm...that gives me a good idea for my lua though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-05-10 15:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
but Cors a DD, i thought it didnt matter what happened to DDs, you say whm is the most important job to keep sustained/alive, yet you wont go the extra mile to even attempt to support it?
TBH, at this point, I doubt Nyaarun even plays this game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
That leaves you with just brd as an option for refresh. Guess what that means if no one wants to bring a bard but you still have content to do?
It means your group needs more members, so either spin up another mule or start making friends. Playing without a regular brd is garbage play, and nobody here really cares what you do in garbage setups. We have brds, so we will strategize accordingly.

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Whm can easily resist Sovereign Behemoth's stun.... We already introduced you to 5/5 Inyanga gear. Now learn to use Barspells.
This is also ***, it seemed off from my recollection so I just ran out to take a look and out of 5 stuns, 4 still landed. 612 m.eva(irenic, sanare, 4/5 inyanga+2, shamash robe) 400 thunder resistance(terras, lightning carol 1, and barthundra).

You might know more than Nyaarun, but you love to jump into ***without fact checking yourself. Maybe stick to RUN.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
That leaves you with just brd as an option for refresh. Guess what that means if no one wants to bring a bard but you still have content to do?
It means your group needs more members, so either spin up another mule or start making friends. Playing without a regular brd is garbage play, and nobody here really cares what you do in garbage setups. We have brds, so we will strategize accordingly.

Whm can easily resist Sovereign Behemoth's stun.... We already introduced you to 5/5 Inyanga gear. Now learn to use Barspells.
This is also ***, it seemed off from my recollection so I just ran out to take a look and out of 5 stuns, 4 still landed. 612 m.eva(irenic, sanare, 4/5 inyanga+2, shamash robe) 400 thunder resistance(terras, lightning carol 1, and barthundra).

You might know more than Nyaarun, but you love to jump into ***without fact checking yourself. Maybe stick to RUN.

So youre a silver spoon in your mouth stuck up person whos never played the game without everything going perfect and your way. Yeah, *** bob for wanting to play something other than brd 24/7, he has it leveled so he should either pay another $17/mo and learn to dualbox or suck it up and only brd.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 15:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate what happened to this topic and how this is still going on without someone coming in here to clean it up and make them take the talk elsewhere. This is ridiculous. This has been going for like 20 pages or something at this point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So youre a silver spoon in your mouth stuck up person whos never played the game without everything going perfect and your way.
Honestly? Yea, I am. I have 2 RMEA brds, 4 Idris, 4 DP cors, 6 Epeo, and that's just my personal accounts. I bring a proper setup with proper buffs and I plan around having that proper setup and proper buffs.

It doesn't change that BRD has been necessary for latest stage of endgame for years. Nobody else can put up the accuracy numbers needed, and if forward content is designed accordingly threnody will likely stay a must have for mage based setups as well. Strategizing around not having a BRD is laughable.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-10 15:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I think the Cureskin on Full Cure with Divine Seal should be around 3k now. So thats a thing.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know most End-game groups have people who are able to rotate. People like me make Idris Geos, 4 song bards just to let others go on jobs to let parties be set up. Literally most groups do this. Just because you have rema bard or idris geo it doesn't mean they are stuck on it. Play with less selfish people and you'll realise people are willing to make sacrifices to the group's success.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
So youre a silver spoon in your mouth stuck up person whos never played the game without everything going perfect and your way.
Honestly? Yea, I am. I have 2 RMEA brds, 4 Idris, 4 DP cors, 6 Epeo, and that's just my personal accounts. I bring a proper setup with proper buffs and I plan around having that proper setup and proper buffs.

It doesn't change that BRD has been necessary for latest stage of endgame for years. Nobody else can put up the accuracy numbers needed, and if forward content is designed accordingly threnody will likely stay a must have for mage based setups as well. Strategizing around not having a BRD is laughable.

Bard hasnt been "necessary" since they buffed cor rolls. People only think its required.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard hasnt been "necessary" since they buffed cor. People only think its required.

Record a melee wave3 clear, with yourself in alliance as WHM, and not a single bard, and I'll give you 500m. Offer lasts until the next major gameplay or dynamis adjustment.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-10 15:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

COR rolls and Bard songs are functionally different. One being stronger hardly relates to the strength of the other.

The better relation would be between BRD and GEO since they cover similar grounds (Haste, Attack and Accuracy) but having a BRD frees up Geo to focus solely on attack which is a giant boon. Also BRD can function as a .75 DD, so why not.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That is like saying a Tank isn't required since they buffed Monk.

The higher level content Bard is partially essential to a smooth win. If you enjoy putting yourself through torture like i do with soloing everything, don't take bard... it's the same thing.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll record melee Wave 3. Tank, Whm, 16 DDs let's do it. Who's in?
[+]
By aisukage 2019-05-10 15:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely one you're not going to fully resist all the time but partially resist are also a thing.

Even with Thunder carol 1, bar thunder, like comeatme stated. My WHM still gets stunned but it does resist the majority of it even if it just resists the duration meaning WHM can easily keep the party alive.

ItemSet 366075

this is my Mevasion set. doesn't have a lot of refresh i know but in my lua i have it set up that it trades Mevasion for more refresh when my MP% reaches certain Thresholds.

So i basically lose Meva gradually for Refresh when i actually need it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll record melee Wave 3. Tank, Whm, 16 DDs let's do it. Who's in?

Offer's only for Nyaarun, I know a well coordinated group with enough Idrises could pull it off. Worst case you sac everything out, cheese it with a bunch of CORs, and use 2 GEOs per party to cap haste and accuracy with tank party GEOs covering debuffs.

Realistically though, everyone uses BRD for everything serious.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah no doubt. Any serious group won't dare to do any content worth saying without Geo or Brd just because it's either not possible or it'll make them experience hell with whiffing too much.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 15:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Even Accession cure 5 is more MP efficient than curaga 3-4...

Not supporting the troll but ... wtf? Curaga II / III are ~the~ most efficient cures you can cast because they are free. Can't be more efficient then 0 MP. More importantly they consume a single action with a single 3s global cooldown, that is really important in high stakes fights. Bad thing happens, WHM responds with a single button press and bad thing is undone. Trying to do an action before casting cure is a good way to get someone killed. JA's have a 2s global lockout,

Or put another way, if you have time to use accession then your people don't need cures very badly in the first place.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
JA's have a 2s global lockout,

Can cast or use a second JA 1s after first, and only lose the 1s. Still agree that it's a waste of time, though.
By aisukage 2019-05-10 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO: I think Wave 3 Dyna and some certain VD ambu's are only where BRD is really "needed" for Acc issues. For the majority of other content COR+GEO should be enough as far as i've experianced.

As long as Acc isn't an issue i will happily take indi-haste + haste to cap haste if it means i get SAM + (chaos or Fighters) roll over having a BRD any day.

If you have access to a BRD aswell then that's even better but not really needed.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not supporting the troll but ... wtf? Curaga II / III are ~the~ most efficient cures you can cast because they are free.

I wasn't trolling. I was mixed up and confused from 4 and 5. I always thought Cure 5 worked and Cure 5 can heal up to like 1400, which Curaga 2-3 can't which is why I stated it was better.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
IMO: I think Wave 3 Dyna and some certain VD ambu's are only where BRD is really "needed" for Acc issues. For the majority of other content COR+GEO should be enough as far as i've experianced.

You need a bard in order to melee mobs like Albumen. The other T4s acc requirements can easily be reached without bard, but allows for smooth fights without whiffing too much.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 16:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not supporting the troll but ... wtf? Curaga II / III are ~the~ most efficient cures you can cast because they are free.

I wasn't trolling. I was mixed up and confused from 4 and 5. I always thought Cure 5 worked and Cure 5 can heal up to like 1400, which Curaga 2-3 can't which is why I stated it was better.

Not calling you a troll, the person you were responding to is a troll and that's why I have them hidden.

Curaga II ~340 HP without Raetic +1, with Raetic is somewhere close to 500.

Curaga III ~650 HP without Raetic +1, with Raetic +1 is over 800.

Without Raetic +1 a WHM should be primarily using Curaga III as the answer to AoE damage with Curaga IV (it's over 1000HP) being used if someone is red HP after a bad TP move. Once a WHM gets Raetic +1 they instead rely on Curaga II for healing and use Curaga III after a bad move.

Curaga V and Cure VI are traps set by SE to snare newbie WHMs.
By eliroo 2019-05-10 16:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

On the note of Reatic, if you dual wield them... what happens?
By aisukage 2019-05-10 16:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a bard in order to melee mobs like Albumen. The other T4s acc requirements can easily be reached without bard, but allows for smooth fights without whiffing too much.

True i honestly forgot about albumen and some of the HELMS but still the content where BRD is "Needed" is still very few situations.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 16:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"Person who is right is a troll so i have them hidden"

Prime logic.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 16:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as Acc isn't an issue i will happily take indi-haste + haste to cap haste if it means i get SAM + (chaos or Fighters) roll over having a BRD any day.

If you have access to a BRD aswell then that's even better but not really needed.

Whats wrong with all three of them, BRD + COR + GEO is where it's at. Issue with Indi-Haste is GEO bubbles are only 7 yalm radius, meaning everyone has to stand right next to each other, that's not very flexible. Use BRD to do HM VM <something> <something>, COR to do Samurai's + <Fighter | Chaos> and GEO to do Frailty + (Fury|Barrier|Attunment|ect). Best of all worlds.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-10 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It also depends on if you can hit pdif, or even if you can hit pdif without Chaos. BRD adds more value than meets the eye and its mostly how they relax what the other supports need to do. Also BRD is pretty much 75% of a DD at this point. Seriously Kaja Sword is pretty nice on BRD.
By aisukage 2019-05-10 16:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats wrong with all three of them, BRD + COR + GEO is where it's at. Issue with Indi-Haste is GEO bubbles are only 7 yalm radius, meaning everyone has to stand right next to each other, that's not very flexible. Use BRD to do HM VM <something> <something>, COR to do Samurai's + <Fighter | Chaos> and GEO to do Frailty + (Fury|Barrier|Attunment|ect). Best of all worlds.

Completely agree if you can have all 3. I did say if you can have all 3 buff jobs then even better. Just saying if i'm limited to just 2 of the 3 then unless acc is a serious issue i would happily pick GEO+COR and BRD would be the 3rd choice. I like SAM roll too much XD.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 16:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saying if i'm limited to just 2 of the 3 then unless acc is a serious issue i would happily pick GEO+COR and BRD would be the 3rd choice. I like SAM roll too much XD.

In that cause I'd just change to BLU and cap my own haste, problem solved :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 95 96 97