On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 95 96 97
By eliroo 2019-05-10 14:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you are in the situation where mana is problematic, then you are most likely sub SCH and good use of sublimation will keep you afloat.

Furthermore the situations where your MP is melted is probably because of chain rezzing and the GEO should definitely at least Radial you, if not just flat out indi-refresh to keep the party rolling.

There are definitely times when you can run out of mana. But they are few and far between. I can see constant use of Esuna as one of those problems but that will just have to be situational and if you are in that situation your party should be ready.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Guess why /sch is so mp efficient? Conserve MP. The base reduction per spell is nice, but conserve MP is the primary winner to why it beats put /rdm converts, esp with a CMP set for spells like arise.

*** me, dude. /Sch has Penury. Penury halves your spell MP cost. Arise goes from 150 MP to 75. If you have to Arise more than twice in 2 minutes then you play with MP sponges or Parse ***. No good players die that many times, even in dyna Wave 3... It's not hard staying alive.

Edit: Even Accession cure 5 is more MP efficient than curaga 3-4...
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-10 14:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And we are still forgetting about sublimation.

Being able to self Aurorastorm is also a mana saver.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-05-10 14:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i prefer sublimation over refresh 1 myself but theyre about equal last i recall.

So what does the whm pt look like? You got 1 open slot and theres a brd? Bring em over, pianissimo 2 ballads, 15~20 tic refresh for ill ballpark 4 mins. Gto a rdm? Refresh 2/3 for 6ish mins for roughly 10/tic. If you got neither pull the COr and ask for evokers, DDs are expendable afterall, whats 1 less DD yeah?

also cant accession cure 5 i think? Or was that just 6?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Geo is a support. Geo isnt going to refresh you.

Confirmed you're braindead.... 99% of GEOs go /rdm. /Rdm has access to Refresh. If you have a good Geo you get refreshed. Stop playing with people like you, you might learn a few things.

Even entrust refresh is a thing...

Geos arent going to drop a bubble for refresh.

Refresh 1 is pointless, youd just sublimation at that point.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-05-10 14:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't accession anything that SCH main can't cast. So, IV only.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 14:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess why /sch is so mp efficient? Conserve MP. The base reduction per spell is nice, but conserve MP is the primary winner to why it beats put /rdm converts, esp with a CMP set for spells like arise.

*** me, dude. /Sch has Penury. Penury halves your spell MP cost. Arise goes from 150 MP to 75. If you have to Arise more than twice in 2 minutes then you play with MP sponges or Parse ***. No good players die that many times, even in dyna Wave 3... It's not hard staying alive.

Some corrections though not important to the overall point: Arise has a base cost of 300 MP and you can’t accession past Cure IV.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have your strategem handy, given its a 2m CD and only get 2. 1 is definitely going towards regen. Celerity is also usually more important for arise than penury.
By Nariont 2019-05-10 14:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i see some whms do this and never got why, why waste a strat on roughly 4min regen4 instead of holding it incase you needed something else, you only get 2, would think a non-yag whm would want to make those 2 count
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can accession cure 5. I use it to help heal other parties in Dynamis.

6 man content whm shouldn't even need any form of refresh.

Alliance content, dyna etc you more than likely have 2-3 Geos, if MP is such an Issue, entrust refresh will never hurt.

Refresh 1 is good for Whms who forget Sublimation is a thing. Only reason to have it on.

Even using Raetic Rod +1 managing MP isn't hard. I don't understand how you struggle so hard to require such a refresh oriented Idle set.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 14:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
i see some whms do this and never got why, why waste a strat on roughly 4min regen4 instead of holding it incase you needed something else, you only get 2, would think a non-yag whm would want to make those 2 count

Because regen 4 with proper points/gear is amazing at keeping everyone topped off at all times, and means less overall need for curing. Also great for things like sov behe where he is going to stun everyone for up to 10+s, and youre going to have a DD being smacked while you cannot heal.

Regen 4 with gear is quite potent.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a non-yag whm, I'd probably use Strats for Accession Erase over Regen for sure. Regen tank is mostly all that's ever needed.

Celerity is pretty much useless when haste capped and fast cast capped. No one should be dying that fast unless you suck.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 14:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm can easily resist Sovereign Behemoth's stun.... We already introduced you to 5/5 Inyanga gear. Now learn to use Barspells.
By eliroo 2019-05-10 15:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I hardly accession Regen, also 4 minute regen? Are you casting in full duration?

Accession Regen 4 only works in specific situations where the party is taking tickle damage a lot or often.
By Chimerawizard 2019-05-10 15:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a non-yag whm, I'd probably use Strats for Accession Erase over Regen for sure. Regen tank is mostly all that's ever needed.

Celerity is pretty much useless when haste capped and fast cast capped. No one should be dying that fast unless you suck.
sometimes a wipe happens, in which case it's quite nice to have well overcap haste to mitigate some of the weakness: slow+100%.
By Nariont 2019-05-10 15:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i was ballparking max duration, i almost never do it aoe just full potency single target, i just dont feel it lasts long enough long term unless im certain I will not need those strats
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wipe I can see the recast being useful for sure. But In the event of a wipe MP isn't being used much so Penury isn't a big deal for saving MP.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can accession cure 5. I use it to help heal other parties in Dynamis.

As Stamos said, only spells that SCH main knows.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm can easily resist Sovereign Behemoth's stun.... We already introduced you to 5/5 Inyanga gear. Now learn to use Barspells.

Funny, i have 4/5 yang (ebers body is the best idle i have, inyang doesnt give refresh) and a bis bar set. Guess what? Doesnt full resist stun.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I got mixed with Cure 4, but genuinely thought it was 5. My bad then I guess.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, dude is clearly trolling or completely delusional. Shame we have no mods.

A single pianissimo ballad3 with no other JA used, but proper gear and job master is 1147 mp over 5:13. Add in ballad2 and it's 2191.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, i have 4/5 yang (ebers body is the best idle i have, inyang doesnt give refresh) and a bis bar set. Guess what? Doesnt full resist stun.

I've done it literally many times. Resist stun on whm the majority of the time. It's impossible to resist it 100%. a 230 Barthunder helps, but won't be enough to reliably resist. 5/5 Inyanga resists a lot.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Also, dude is clearly trolling or completely delusional. Shame we have no mods.

A single pianissimo ballad3 with no other JA used, but proper gear and job master is 1147 mp over 5:13. Add in ballad2 and it's 2191.

Again, let me know how well that works without a bard.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it literally many times. Resist stun on whm the majority of the time. It's impossible to resist it 100%. a 230 Barthunder helps, but won't be enough to reliably resist. 5/5 Inyanga resists a lot.

Then youre lying, because thats literally not what will happen.
By Nariont 2019-05-10 15:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

still curious what your pt setup is where you have either no support, or no ability to swap your support to your pt, get some refresh and swap back, geo/brd/cor/rdm, they all can do it, pretty quickly at that
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 15:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, let me know how well that works without a bard.
if you're running content worth mentioning without a bard, you've already lost everyone's attention
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-05-10 15:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

you say BiS barset, i'm curious if it's all enhancing duration or not.

But you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and probably use wrong gear.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
still curious what your pt setup is where you have either no support, or no ability to swap your support to your pt, get some refresh and swap back, geo/brd/cor/rdm, they all can do it, pretty quickly at that

Geo and cor have more important things to do than refresh. Good rdms are rare, most dont even level it beyond sj.

That leaves you with just brd as an option for refresh. Guess what that means if no one wants to bring a bard but you still have content to do?
By Afania 2019-05-10 15:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Stoneskin (which should ALWAYS be up)

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I have sublimation and stoneskin up then I won't wake up when a mob hits me with sleep?

Probably trolling...lol. you can cancel stoneskin.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 15:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

you say BiS barset, i'm curious if it's all enhancing duration or not.

But you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and probably use wrong gear.

Its not, i dont use full duration for bars or auspice.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 95 96 97