On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 95 96 97
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-05-10 09:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
From the way I read it, its pretty much just Erase while under Misery and death while under Solace.

It seems to be just one status ailment and doesn't seem to include amnesia.

Unless they changed something, Sacrifice under Misery won't remove things that require Erase. Solace is what enables that, along with the transfer of multiple effects.

Presumably, it's an intentional compromise. Maybe something intended to follow Esuna? Figure, under Misery, the only stuff left should be things that require Sacrifice to get rid of (Curse (recovery) being the one I know of), and now the WHM is immune to it. Under Solace, you'd at least get rid of Silence and Petrification that way, if needed.

Either way, it gives each stance a fully-powered-up status removal spell, which has some logic to it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-05-10 09:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is pretty nice change.

Esuna = 1 target erase-all

you want Erase-ga... well that is available w/ divine seal, and hey, add the neckpiece to sweeten the deal.

You should really get yagrush to be leet that way :P

really if you have yagrush, were you using esuna anyway?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem being that Solace now transfers Petrification and Silence and only one debuff at a time.

Sylph.Reain said: »
Solace Sacrifice seems to be unable to transfer erasable debuffs now. Solace sacrifice doesn't transfer 7 debuffs anymore, just 1.

It seems like they moved Solace's sacrifice bonus to Misery Esuna basically and made it remove stuff instead of transfer.

The help text says Solace gives the resistance effect to sacrifice but the update notes say misery does. Misery is correct.

Protectra V seems to do 205 def instead of 220. (assuming BG wiki was accurate).
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 09:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Remove amnesia every 2 minutes on a single Target while under misery? Esuna is now more useless than it already was.

If only there was a way to prioritize who gets amnesia removed and a way to lower recast timers in this game.

Yeah 120s is just the base, worst case scenario is.

120 * .9 * .75 = 81s for a really shitty WHM who doesn't even bother to haste themselves.

A WHM with self haste, but no bard songs, who is casting in 40% Fast Cast would be

120 * .9 * 0.6 * 0.80 = 51.8 seconds.

A WHM in a party with a BRD who's recieving haste songs (like they should) and casting in 70% FC gear would be

120 * .9 * 0.317 * 0.65 = 22.2 seconds, think 21.6is absolute cap).

That's amazing for DD's who get hit with amnesia.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-05-10 09:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious about the cure skin potency increase from merits. Needs testing.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-05-10 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Problem being that Solace now transfers Petrification and Silence and only one debuff at a time.

Given the Protectra V numbers and so on, it's also possible they borked something and it'll get fixed.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-10 09:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't really see it as a problem. Solace gets you cureskin, Misery gets you 2 turbo charged debuff removal spells. That makes more sense to me than leaving Sacrifice as viable in Solace.

Would be nice if they could avoid making a half dozen errors in their update notes and this stuff was clear, though.
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-05-10 10:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Remove amnesia every 2 minutes on a single Target while under misery? Esuna is now more useless than it already was.

If only there was a way to prioritize who gets amnesia removed and a way to lower recast timers in this game.

120 * .9 * .75 = 81s for a really shitty WHM who doesn't even bother to haste themselves.

A WHM with self haste, but no bard songs, who is casting in 40% Fast Cast would be

A WHM in a party with a BRD who's recieving haste songs (like they should) and casting in 70% FC gear would be

It's amazing for 1 DD who got hit with amnesia. It's significantly less amazing for everyone else given amnesia is frequently wearing off after 25-30 seconds anyways. Sometimes I'll see 45 seconds...I rarely if ever see a full minute.

The ability to remove amnesia is nice but not at the cost of AOE esuna, Asclepius, Sacrifice and an increased cool-down on the spell. Plus now we're going to have to listen to everyone *** at us for having amnesia.

This was a nerf.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 10:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You make a fair point when I think about the changes to sacrifice, the misery requirement, and the cooldown. I didn’t have to use Esuna as much lately but I’m going to wait until I’ve been able to play WHM with the new set-up for a while before I make up my mind.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-05-10 10:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm get the ability to remove amnesia

Some lame on ffxiah - this is a nerf...

Ok buddy
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing for 1 DD who got hit with amnesia. It's significantly less amazing for everyone else given amnesia is frequently wearing off after 25-30 seconds anyways. Sometimes I'll see 45 seconds...I rarely if ever see a full minute.

The ability to remove amnesia is nice but not at the cost of AOE esuna, Asclepius, Sacrifice and an increased cool-down on the spell. Plus now we're going to have to listen to everyone *** at us for having amnesia.

This was a nerf.

Given esuna was never practical to use, given you never want a debuff to be on the whm in the first place, id hardly call this a nerf.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 10:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He’s trying to start up the arguments again.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-05-10 10:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

This was a nerf.

Given esuna was never practical to use, given you never want a debuff to be on the whm in the first place, id hardly call this a nerf.

Completely untrue. It was good for things like Fullbreak and impact where your tank and DD are getting stacks of debuffs at a time.

Sacrifice was real good for that. Now it's useless apparently.

Some of you have had a huge hard-on for being able to remove amnesia for a long time now, but it's duration has never been very long and it's never been more than a slight nuisance.

I would much rather be able to aoe remove 6 stacks of debuffs on my party than remove one persons amnesia.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-05-10 10:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Like to know what the hell you are fighting on the regular that would even warrant your complaint but ok fam
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 10:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Ok buddy

It's par for the course, just ignore the trolls and move on.

The ability to remove amnesia alone makes this update a win, the fact that they re-purposed a situational and little used spell makes it better.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like there’s many things that have long enough Amnesia durations to really warrant Esuna removing it on such a long recast either to be fair.

Basically we’re trading Solace Sacrifice and AoE multi debuff removal for two better versions of sacrifice under Misery (assuming they fix sacrifice so that it removes multiple debuffs under Misery now). That’s overall better imo if you have a Yagrush.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 10:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

This was a nerf.

Completely untrue. It was good for things like Fullbreak and impact where your tank and DD are getting stacks of debuffs at a time.

Sacrifice was real good for that. Now it's useless apparently.

Some of you have had a huge hard-on for being able to remove amnesia for a long time now, but it's duration has never been very long and it's never been more than a slight nuisance.

I would much rather be able to aoe remove 7 stacks of debuffs on my party than remove one persons amnesia.

Impact almost always hits tank only, and is low priority to remove immediately. Esuna can just 1 pop it now on its own anyway. Only real issue ive ever had with impact is if im trying to remove something else and the person now has a ton other things for erase to hit instead.

Overall a buff though, since you can do the same with just 1 cast instead of 2.
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-05-10 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok buddy

The ability to remove amnesia alone makes this update a win, the fact that they re-purposed a situational and little used spell makes it better.

That's not an accurate portrayal of what's happened and you know it. Esuna may not have been used often on the party, but Sacrifice was and Esuna was good for getting that stuff off the WHM afterwards.

Solace and Misery are still gated on a minute timer as well.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-05-10 10:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok buddy

That's not an accurate portrayal of what's happened and you know it. Esuna may not have been used often on the party, but Sacrifice was and Esuna was good for getting that stuff off the WHM afterwards.

Sacrifice was a spell you could literally never cast. Nothing in this game is better on the whm than on literally anyone else. In the off chance you got hit with the status ailment l, sure, esuna was ok. Useless if you had yag most of the time.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-05-10 10:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyaarun give up on this argument. You're the only person on this forum who thinks the WHM having ailments is the end of the world.

Sacrifice was a fantastic spell before this update. Sounds like they completely broke it so it'll only be useful for removing Zombie in the future, but whatever.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 10:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like there’s many things that have long enough Amnesia durations to really warrant Esuna removing it on such a long recast either to be fair.

Basically we’re trading Solace Sacrifice and AoE multi debuff removal for two better versions of sacrifice under Misery (assuming they fix sacrifice so that it removes multiple debuffs under Misery now). That’s overall better imo if you have a Yagrush.

Amnesia is a huge hit to a DPS's, crippling even. The ability to remove it, even if it's on a long recast, is amazing. Some fights have it as an AoE ability, in which case you just remove it from the most important DPS and keep going. Many times it's a single target attack, then the WHM just removes it from that person and keeps going. The choice of stance to be in would be fight specific, the loss of cureskin sounds bad until we realize that cureskin doesn't work on WHM's most important healing spells, Curaga's.

Remember Esuna wasn't a MT target spell, it was a self-target spells with a smallish circular range. The WHM would have to be standing on top of the melee's for them to get the effect which is largely regarded as dangerously stupid. Things like Sleepga, Breakga, Paralyga and so forth can devastate a team if it also hits the healer. That restriction alone made esuna almost entirely useless. Now it can be cast on other players just like the rest of the healing spells making it usable by a WHM standing at 20 yalms. Sacrifice was practically never used by any serious WHM. There were a handful of situations where someone would get hit by a zombie or multiple-stat down effect that could ~only~ be removed by sacrifice. No WHM would want to willingly nerf themselves by putting Slow / Paralyze / Curse / ect when they could just remove the damn debuff safely with other spells and even take it off multiple people. The Cleric Neck removed the final use for Sacrifice (multiple erasable debuffs) with it's ability to remove two debuffs per target per cast.

That is why it's a buff regardless of what the trolls think. Get rid of rarely used features for a commonly used feature.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-10 10:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That was directed at Nyaa.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-05-10 10:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really understand the direction of Neo-sacrifice tbh.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-05-10 10:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Amnesia is a huge hit to a DPS's, crippling even. The ability to remove it, even if it's on a long recast, is amazing. Some fights have it as an AoE ability, in which case you just remove it from the most important DPS and keep going. Many times it's a single target attack, then the WHM just removes it from that person and keeps going. The choice of stance to be in would be fight specific, the loss of cureskin sounds bad until we realize that cureskin doesn't work on WHM's most important healing spells, Curaga's.

Remember Esuna wasn't a MT target spell, it was a self-target spells with a smallish circular range. The WHM would have to be standing on top of the melee's for them to get the effect which is largely regarded as dangerously stupid. Things like Sleepga, Breakga, Paralyga and so forth can devastate a team if it also hits the healer. That restriction alone made esuna almost entirely useless. Now it can be cast on other players just like the rest of the healing spells making it usable by a WHM standing at 20 yalms.

That is why it's a buff regardless of what the trolls think.

I must be missing the Yagrush and Asclepius in your profile. I'm not trolling. It's literally a nerf. You get to remove one amnesia from a party member before it wears off 90% of the time. You don't just lose cure skin, you lose cure potency from solace job points on top of everything else I already mentioned.

We're all aware of the effect amnesia has on DPS. They could have added the ability to remove it with out breaking everything else. It could have been a new merit spell. They could have done literally anything else.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 10:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Nyaarun give up on this argument. You're the only person on this forum who thinks the WHM having ailments is the end of the world.

Sacrifice was a fantastic spell before this update. Sounds like they completely broke it so it'll only be useful for removing Zombie in the future, but whatever.

The question is ~why~ would a WHM want a status debuff on themselves when they could just removed it in the first place. Why transfer Slow / Paralyze / Virus / Curse when you could just cast Erase / Paralyna / Viruna / Cursna, even make it AoE with a Yagrush or DV proc. Why even bother risking having it on the healer in the first place when they can just remove it.

And then we get to the real problem, the global cooldown timer. Every time we cast a spell there is a 3s global lockout where we can't cast any other spell or perform any other action. Casting sacrifice creates a 3s timer that we have to wait before we can then cast Esuna to .. presumably remove the debuff from other people standing a few yalms away? Why even mess with that stuff when you can just use a Yag to remove the debuff in question while standing safely out of range. The only time I've ever seen Sacrifice used was when someone got a debuff that couldn't be removed any other way, something like Zombie or a worms massive stat drain effect. They weren't using sacrifice because it was a great option, but because it was the only option.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-10 10:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With barfire and baramnesra I almost never have amnesia land on me and if it does it's not on for more than 3s which would be the brain reponse time of the whm that isn't a bot to go "oh hey, they have amnesia" and by the time they swap into misery amnesia is already worn off.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 10:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trolling.

Really..

It's literally a nerf.

Looks like you are, and doing a piss poor job at it.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-05-10 10:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »

The question is ~why~ would a WHM want a status debuff on themselves when they could just removed it in the first place. Why transfer Slow / Paralyze / Virus / Curse when you could just cast Erase / Paralyna / Viruna / Cursna, even make it AoE with a Yagrush or DV proc. Why even bother risking having it on the healer in the first place when they can just remove it.

And then we get to the real problem, the global cooldown timer. Every time we cast a spell there is a 3s global lockout where we can't cast any other spell or perform any other action. Casting sacrifice creates a 3s timer that we have to wait before we can then cast Esuna to .. presumably remove the debuff from other people standing a few yalms away? Why even mess with that stuff when you can just use a Yag to remove the debuff in question while standing safely out of range. The only time I've ever seen Sacrifice used was when someone got a debuff that couldn't be removed any other way, something like Zombie or a worms massive stat drain effect. They weren't using sacrifice because it was a great option, but because it was the only option.

Because Sacrifice removed 7 debuffs from a target. Stick to what you know, Saevel. You can pick and choose your debuffs to favor your argument, but it's a pretty transparent tactic. This isn't the valkurm dunes days. WHM is often right in the middle of things now to spam curaga on both the WHM and the party.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 95 96 97