On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 95 96 97
By fonewear 2019-04-21 10:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I only play white mage so I can teleport people I don't like out when people annoy me...
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 10:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
In most content whm cant CC/debuff.

Huh? What are you talking about? I land debuff in VD all the time and Ive seen whm landed silence in wave 3 runs a few times.

Unless you have full relic +2, ambu club or r15 yagrush are completely worthless and youll still do 4k at best.

That was exactly what I said.

They have, its called ambu club black halo spam, or r15 yagrush mystic boon spam.

And its not like ambu club is hard to get to begin with.

At a 1/6 rate. VD ambu requires /blm for whm to consistently land enfeebs, which is just elemental seal.

Sorry, i meant you need +2 af. Yag/kaja are worthless without the +2 AF. Whm simply doesnt have the ATT to do damage.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 10:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
In most content whm cant CC/debuff. Their enfeeb skill is just too low

Has higher skill than GEO, gonna say geo cant debuff? A brd can debuff with a BiS kit and -ele resist song

Slow/para/silence/addle, all worth using, all potent if no resist.
Even then, you practically need to /blm to land a single enfeeb.

Please dont say ele seal. You got B- or +skill as /sch, and klimaform, instantly invalidates anything /brings except a 15m recast ja for 1 spell

Slow and para I is worse than ws varients or blu spell varients, and B- skill isnt enough to land most things.

/Sch requires specific gear for acc boost from weather AND 2 additional spellcasts, so its unrealistic when you need a debuff midfight, given youre primary healer.
By fonewear 2019-04-21 11:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Never join a linkshell that wants you to play white mage only...it will ruin the job for you.

Nothing worse than 17 DD in an alliance and you the only damn white mage.

No wonder people stopped playing white mage.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-21 11:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What slow/para ws is a DD going to be spamming much less a blu wasting their time dpsing to cast inless solo/lowman? And 2 additional spell cast? 1 at best, and youllalready be ideally reapplying weather for cures which both should last 4~5min, i only listed klima as a boost, i dont usually need it unless i want every bit of macc i can get.

Your specific gear is the enfeeb set, it doesnt magically change based on sub aside from weapons such as meleeing
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-21 11:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

In most content whm cant CC/debuff. Their enfeeb skill is just too low, and what they do have even if you can land is often not worth casting. Your options are essentially addle and silence. Slow I and para I are overshadowed by other jobs and really arent that good in endgame.

Honest question: do you actually play whm, or are you just observing what other sucky WHMs around you are doing?

It's true that we don't have access to many enfeebles natively, but Silence and Addle are a lot more useful than you give them credit for. Paralyze too can make an huge difference, even if we're capped to 25% proc rate. We also have Repose (light based sleep with a giant intrinsic magic accuracy bonus) and both /sch and /rdm give us Sleep, so yes no CC indeed but if we want something to sleep, it will sleep period. Especially considering that both Dark and Light Arts put our skill at B+, which is only 20 less than what RDM has natively.

Your remark about /blm is just wrong, unless you are trying to enfeeble with absolutely no gear, in which case you are having another problem entirely.

The only true thing you wrote is the lack of CC abilities, but even then we can sometimes get around it with Manifestation + Sleep, then switch to Light Arts after everything is sleeping. I used this a lot in ambuscade last time sleep on pull was needed.

I agree that WHM's main role is not enfeebling, but if what you need is reliable Silence/Dispel/single Sleep, whm can and does that really well.
By eliroo 2019-04-21 11:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

whm simply doesnt have the ATT to do damage.

Do you just say stuff without thinking? Have you seen the Relic +3 gear?

WHM does plenty of damage. I brought my sub 300 club skill WHM into VD Ambuscade. All she had was Ayanmo +2 and one Piety piece (The body). I threw on the Kaja club with sub SCH and she easily did 100k damage in the fight while still healing, applying silence and being multi-boxed. That is 100k damage compared to the ~500k damage that an AG Calad was doing in that encounter.

Seriously dude, just think before you post. You can go back 2-3 pages and almost everything you have said has just been flat out incorrect.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 11:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
whm simply doesnt have the ATT to do damage.

Do you just say stuff without thinking? Have you seen the Relic +3 gear?

WHM does plenty of damage. I brought my sub 300 club skill WHM into VD Ambuscade. All she had was Ayanmo +2 and one Piety piece (The body). I threw on the Kaja club with sub SCH and she easily did 100k damage in the fight while still healing, applying silence and being multi-boxed. That is 100k damage compared to the ~500k damage that an AG Calad was doing in that encounter.

Seriously dude, just think before you post. You can go back 2-3 pages and almost everything you have said has just been flat out incorrect.

Literally my post was you need relic +2 befause whm doesnt have the att to deal damage. Saying "have you seen the relic +2/3 gear" after cutting out my statement of such doesnt help.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 11:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What slow/para ws is a DD going to be spamming much less a blu wasting their time dpsing to cast inless solo/lowman? And 2 additional spell cast? 1 at best, and youllalready be ideally reapplying weather for cures which both should last 4~5min, i only listed klima as a boost, i dont usually need it unless i want every bit of macc i can get.

Your specific gear is the enfeeb set, it doesnt magically change based on sub aside from weapons such as meleeing

If youre not in a lowman, whm isnt enfeebling anyway.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 11:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Light weather doesnt help land slow/para/silence, and without gear/klima acc bonus isnt 100% (might not exist without gear/klima, weather itself really only affects damage afaik)
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-04-21 11:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
If S-E really cared they'd give WHM some kind of damage dealing mechanic

They have, its called ambu club black halo spam, or r15 yagrush mystic boon spam.

I'd rather we had ranged nuking. Being in melee range isn't ideal while we are healing, right?

Whm doesnt have "too many advantages". Whm has the best cures and best bars. Prot and shell is *slightly* better from merits (mostly shell, prot doesnt get much better at all).

Sch and rdm can -na everything. Cursna is weaker for doom removal, but thats about it. Unless you have yagrush, theyre on pretty equal fields. Hell, id go as far to say sch has better -nas barring doom removal due to better stratagems allowing them to effectively have a yagrush, whereas whm NEEDS the yagrush. Other than that, whm has an overpriced neck for erase +1. (Yes, the nq is good, but come on. Other jobs NQ can be 1m or under, and yall crafters are gunna gouge a whm item? And people wonder why no one wants to cure people)

So, unless you need really powerful bar spells or cure bombs, whm doesnt have anything over sch and rdm. They have better MP management (even with near free cures on whm, it has no inbuilt refresh. Rdm literally has unlimited MP and sch has sublimation and can sub rdm for convert), rdm has best enfeebles, sch can nuke very very well if theres a known safety period in the fight or give sch specific buffs (tell hate status, tp gen, enmity gen/suppression, embrava).

Rdm and sch are fine healers, and very capable at it.

But you usually do need powerful barspells and cure/curaga bombs? Endgame meta is largely zergzergzerg. Spending 1-2 hours pulling DDs out of the fire gets old.

In most content whm cant CC/debuff. Their enfeeb skill is just too low, and what they do have even if you can land is often not worth casting. Your options are essentially addle and silence. Slow I and para I are overshadowed by other jobs and really arent that good in endgame.

Eh this isn't true. White mage gets access to a ton of macc/enfeebling skill gear. GEO SCH WHM can all enfeeble just fine. No, they aren't red mage, but no one else is. I generally make sure, if I don't have a RDM with me, that I'm slow/para/addling the mob. It's the only proactive thing we can do to reduce incoming damage aside from Cureskin.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-21 11:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather we had ranged nuking. Being in melee range isn't ideal while we are healing, right?

Situation dependant. I'd rather see Ranged nuking be effective but melee be a bit more effective.
By fonewear 2019-04-21 12:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All this white mage talk when SE probably adds a some new teleport scrolls.

Please look forward to Teleport Escha
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 12:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
All this white mage talk when SE probably adds a some new teleport scrolls.

Please look forward to Teleport Escha

Add teleport escha, remove homepoints in the zones. We gun be a teleport service again bois, 100k/person/tele
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-21 12:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SE probably does think white mage needs to teleport more. I mean who cares about fixing the job. Teleporting is at a record low.
By Afania 2019-04-21 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In most of the fights I find myself heal/na faster if I stand in melee range, especially since I don't have yagrush.

1) against any mob with aoe range bigger than max casting range, it's faster to stand in range, curaga self and heal the entire pt, a tad slower to stand outside of melee range, got hit anyways, curaga DD then do a self cure.

As a healer time is gold because of 3 sec cool down, the less spell you cast to achieve the same result the better it is.

2) There are times that I need to reapply accession SS, boost or bar. It's faster to stand frontline entire time and cast whenever I can, slower to Run in and cast then run out.

3) shell crusher.

4) Most important of all: Esuna for for none yagrush users.

There are situations that frontline isn't ideal. If mob has aoe silence or Petra, frontline is worse than backline because silence slow you down and petra is deadly. For vast majority of target, frontline is totally fine. Whm is pretty durable and when you lose HP, curaga on yourself and everybody, problem solved. Got hit with status ailment? Esuna yourself and everybody. Enmity/MP is rarely an issue and they are generally not more important than cure faster.

People often complain about whm being too busy and stand frontline saves a lot of time, thus less busy, imo.

As far as nuke goes, MB is hard to time in melee pt and it uses MP rather than generate them like mystic boon, nor they apply def- like shell crusher. So imo melee is a better way to deal dmg on whm.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 12:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In most of the fights I find myself heal/na faster if I stand in melee range, especially since I don't have yagrush.

1) against any mob with aoe range bigger than max casting range, it's faster to stand in range, curaga self and heal the entire pt, a tad slower to stand outside of melee range, got hit anyways, curaga DD then do a self cure.

As a healer time is gold because of 3 sec cool down, the less spell you cast to achieve the same result the better it is.

2) There are times that I need to reapply accession SS, boost or bar. It's faster to stand frontline entire time and cast whenever I can, slower to Run in and cast then run out.

3) shell crusher.

There are situations that frontline isn't ideal. If mob has aoe silence or Petra, frontline is worse than backline because silence slow you down and petra is deadly. For vast majority of target, frontline is totally fine. Whm is pretty durable and when you lose HP, curaga on yourself and everybody, problem solved. Got hit with status ailment? Esuna yourself and everybody. Enmity/MP is rarely an issue and they are generally not more important than cure faster.

People often complain about whm being too busy and stand frontline saves a lot of time, thus less busy, imo.

Esuna is a major pain to actually use, given you need the debuff as well, meaning if you resist it, its going to require sacrifice, and you dont wanna take something like paralyze, which is the main one youll want to esuna anyway.
By Afania 2019-04-21 12:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

3) shell crusher.

Esuna is a major pain to actually use, given you need the debuff as well, meaning if you resist it, its going to require sacrifice, and you dont wanna take something like paralyze, which is the main one youll want to esuna anyway.

Esuna is not perfect, since yagrush exist. Balance wise I'm totally fine with a jobs 2nd best solution being worse than a mythic/best weapon in game.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-21 12:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

AOE na/erase should just be standard and yagrush should do something different.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

3) shell crusher.

Esuna is not perfect, since yagrush exist. Balance wise I'm totally fine with a jobs 2nd best solution being worse than a mythic/best weapon in game.
Ittd still be a second best solution even without the downsides, given yag can utilize +1 erase neck, and esuna requires misery and being in melee range to maintain effective use. Misery just isnt optimal without the whm dyna weapon (which SE needs to stop "fixing" suboptimal options on jobs by making a new dream tier weapon that is prohibitive to obtain)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 12:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
AOE na/erase should just be standard and yagrush should do something different.

Bump empy head to 100%, yagrush gives erase +x.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-04-21 12:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao at saying WHM need elemental seal for VD ambu. Outside of specific cases where they’re given intentionally higher resist rates, WHM lands enfeebs in there fine. WHM can enfeeble fine on most endgame content, Wave 3 being the only case that really jumps out at me (but it’s not like it’s easy to enfeeble that stuff on RDM either).

At any rate, DD whm seems like an terrible route to go, most of the time you don’t want a WHM in melee range anyway which is why we don’t get to use Misery as much. You would have to fix the problems that are already being complained about in that monsters have heavy hitting, debuff intesive AoEs that they spam they hell out of.

And, of course, everyone who doesn’t like WHM and healing that would change over to it if they started dealing damage would almost certainly be the type to neglect the healing/buffing/debuffing aspects of the job anyway. The frontline Mercys and killsecuring supports of FFXI.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-21 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be too lazy to play a decent whm with all that status. How about just status immunity for 10sec after cura and esuna? That leaves the bots behind and let Frontline whms be more active?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 13:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I would be too lazy to play a decent whm with all that status. How about just status immunity for 10sec after cura and esuna? That leaves the bots behind and let Frontline whms be more active?
Divine caress already effectively does this.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-21 16:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Only works for the spell you use, 1min recast and single target without yag. With barrage of statuses the mobs are throwing around I would prefer immunity for a bunch of them, not 1.
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-04-21 16:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Most jobs are worthless without at least 1 key ultimate weapon. I think that WHM scrapes by with just needing Yagrush is just fine. It's not like making a mythic is hard in 2019. Don't even have to AG it.

Could be worse. Could be Bard.

Rema should NEVER be a prereq for a job to function. The suggestion is utterly stupid and goes against all notions of game design.

"I shouldn't have to get good to be good"

lol.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-04-21 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That is still the animation for teleporting and the background looks like Misareaux Coast. Could be teleporting from Misareaux to likely Escha areas though.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-21 17:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It would make sense. "For the job that doesn't need anything, here's something they don't need."
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-21 17:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they will remove the homepoint crystals and replace them with waypoint crystals.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-04-21 17:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

That is still the animation for teleporting and the background looks like Misareaux Coast. Could be teleporting from Misareaux to likely Escha areas though.

Cures will likely have a low proc chance to teleport the party member to a random craig Crystal after update.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 95 96 97