On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 95 96 97
By Dagmar 2018-10-28 17:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For a new whm? Idle sets, the importance of bar spell sets, understanding when and why to sub rdm, knowing your enemy beforehand so that you're proactive instead of reactive. Understanding your job abilities divine carress especially.This is inn no particular order.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-28 17:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Splinters said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Please for the love of all that is holy touch on stpt and stal for macros. So tired of whms complaining about blinking dds.

I thought this was a Necro from 2013. Blinking hasn't been a problem for a long time. I am often the ONLY healer in endgame alliances and I may have 1 person die once in maybe 12 runs.

You can set your own settings so that every player appears in level 1 gear and never blink. I'm not even talking about 3rd party programs or addons.
Yes you can, doesn't work for those who change weapons, unfortunately. But for DDs and basically everyone but the brds it's fine. I intentionally don't use st due to always being on trigger for what to cast, st works great though if you always know what you need to cast, just not to who.

He's making a video for new whms, who possibly aren't aware of the options for reducing blinking. I actually mentioned changing FFXI settings for eliminating it though.

I've been playing for 16 years. I'm a slow keyboard user and always have been. Gampad with stpt and stal is much faster for my specific use case, hands down. That's pretty much because I'm on muscle memory at this point. I also don't like turning off blinking. I hate staring at people that are "naked" (ffxi settings), and dressup has some weird persistence issues that bother me.

The advice to use keyboard for whm curing is generally true though and I accept that.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-28 17:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
What are the things a new player to WHM needs to know?

I've seen returning folks (at least) not realize that they could now see party member's status icons (if the option is toggled on). The built-in status timers maybe as well.

Someone not used to watching the log closely may need some guidance on how to set filters/colors to make that easier to do.

Additionally, though it'd depend on what other jobs are present, making appropriate use of enfeebles can be quite useful.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I use controller and use <t>, but that's really preference and for me it's insanely more efficient than having to deal with selecting a person after a spell, just what I'm used to. I'll be switching to keyboard and hotkeys, probably some extra input devices when I have a desk again. Really can't wait, also moving the whm to a standalone PC instead of being virtualized should help with my lag in some events.

Really my main hopes at the moment are to finish yag by my target date and get lua working asap.

Really I need to do some required reading in this very thread, and well I'm lazy.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-28 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Get that Yagrush!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-28 17:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If addons are an acceptable topic, I am personally a very big fan of Kenshi's partybuffs addon. It allows you to see all the buffs/debuffs on your party. Very useful for a whm trying to stay on top of status cures.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, if only the alliance debuffs were available to the client >.>
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Get that Yagrush!
Get that Mjollnir
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-28 17:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Get that Yagrush!
Get that Mjollnir
Gonna get Su4 club first but if melee proves to be effective in Misery stance then we got ourselves a deal!
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-28 17:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
What are the things a new player to WHM needs to know?

I've seen returning folks (at least) not realize that they could now see party member's status icons (if the option is toggled on). The built-in status timers maybe as well.

Someone not used to watching the log closely may need some guidance on how to set filters/colors to make that easier to do.

Additionally, though it'd depend on what other jobs are present, making appropriate use of enfeebles can be quite useful.

Yeah, partystatus and chat filters / battlemod are big ones.

Gonna be a long video!
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-29 08:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Mystic Boon actually a useful Weapon skill or is it mostly used to apply AM3 and recover MP?
 Asura.Trumpet
Server: Asura
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-10-29 11:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Showing how much a dope I am here, but knowing that magic haste affects spell recast times absolutely eluded me at first. Didn't think I needed to haste myself ever on whm, thought that was for DDs. Oops.

Can't wait for the video, only been trying to whm a couple months now, I'm sure there's a ton I'm missing ^^
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-10-29 11:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Mystic Boon actually a useful Weapon skill or is it mostly used to apply AM3 and recover MP?
AM3
edit: I feel, if you have the empy pants, use /sch and aurorastorm with chatoyant and use sublimation wisely you barely ever will run out of MP.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-29 11:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
AM3
edit: I feel, if you have the empy pants, use /sch and aurorastorm with chatoyant and use sublimation wisely you barely ever will run out of MP.

Oh yea I use all of those pieces. I am making a mock melee set to mess around with and was wondering if Boon was useful as a WS in itself or if it was more of a Utility WS. MP mgmt is cake walk most content.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-10-29 12:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Boon is useful if you want to melee and heal. That's about it
By DaneBlood 2018-10-29 14:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I need a little help with my cure as the apepars way to low to me.

This is my cure set

main="Iridal Staff",
sub="Achaq Grip",
ammo="Clarus Stone",
head={ name="Vanya Hood", augments={'MP+50','"Fast Cast"+10','Haste+2%',}},
body="Ebers Bliaud +1",
hands={ name="Vanya Cuffs", augments={'MP+50','"Cure" potency +7%','Enmity-6',}},
legs="Ebers Pant. +1",
feet={ name="Vanya Clogs", augments={'"Cure" potency +5%','"Cure" spellcasting time -15%','"Conserve MP"+6',}},
neck="Cleric's Torque", (rank 14)
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
left_ear="Glorious Earring",
right_ear="Mendi. Earring",
left_ring="Lebeche Ring",
right_ring="Janniston Ring",
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Haste+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},

CP 50%
CP2 7%
Master WHM

healing skill: 520
Mnd: 104+162
Vit:95+98
= CurePower: 701

Cure1: 230 (250*) (210^)
Cure2: 372 (405*)
Cure3: 725 (788*)
Cure4: 1267 (1157^)
*on lights day
^on darks day

except for cure1 my cures a way lower then tested on page 55
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44724/on-healing-hands-a-comprehensive-whm-guide-v2/55/#3377610

and im "only" missing 8% CP2
What am I missing here ?

Tested width aurostorm 1 on in escha zitah with no vorseals
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-10-29 14:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
AM3

Oh yea I use all of those pieces. I am making a mock melee set to mess around with and was wondering if Boon was useful as a WS in itself or if it was more of a Utility WS. MP mgmt is cake walk most content.
Heh nice, keep us updated on how it goes, I've been slowly making a DDish WHM too. I just wanna do it all, cure/enfeeb/buff....and I wanna be a Winja :D
By Jetackuu 2018-10-29 14:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to join the Mjollnir club, by making the club: Mjollnir.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-29 21:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
I need a little help with my cure as the apepars way to low to me.

This is my cure set

main="Iridal Staff",
sub="Achaq Grip",
ammo="Clarus Stone",
head={ name="Vanya Hood", augments={'MP+50','"Fast Cast"+10','Haste+2%',}},
body="Ebers Bliaud +1",
hands={ name="Vanya Cuffs", augments={'MP+50','"Cure" potency +7%','Enmity-6',}},
legs="Ebers Pant. +1",
feet={ name="Vanya Clogs", augments={'"Cure" potency +5%','"Cure" spellcasting time -15%','"Conserve MP"+6',}},
neck="Cleric's Torque", (rank 14)
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
left_ear="Glorious Earring",
right_ear="Mendi. Earring",
left_ring="Lebeche Ring",
right_ring="Janniston Ring",
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Haste+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},

CP 50%
CP2 7%
Master WHM

healing skill: 520
Mnd: 104+162
Vit:95+98
= CurePower: 701

Cure1: 230 (250*) (210^)
Cure2: 372 (405*)
Cure3: 725 (788*)
Cure4: 1267 (1157^)
*on lights day
^on darks day

except for cure1 my cures a way lower then tested on page 55
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44724/on-healing-hands-a-comprehensive-whm-guide-v2/55/#3377610

and im "only" missing 8% CP2
What am I missing here ?

Tested width aurostorm 1 on in escha zitah with no vorseals

Seems right more or less for the calculation.

Honestly the post linked has cure potency received or something.

A max cure power cure 3 from a master whom should look like this.

On non light day:
(340 * 1.5 * 1.07 * 1.1 * 1.1) + 63 = 723

On light day:
(340 * 1.5 * 1.07 * 1.2 * 1.1) + 63 = 783

There is a good chance that cure potency may not be actual percentages looking at this
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-29 21:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems right more or less for the calculation.

Honestly the post linked has cure potency received or something.

A max cure power cure 3 from a master whom should look like this.

On non light day:
(340 * 1.5 * 1.07 * 1.1 * 1.1) + 63 = 723

On light day:
(340 * 1.5 * 1.07 * 1.2 * 1.1) + 63 = 783

There is a good chance that cure potency may not be actual percentages looking at this

Thank you for the verification. at least i can just focus on the last few pieces then for more CP2

im thinkin he job gifts is for cure power that goes above the cap
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-30 06:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The math doesn't work for the JP and gifts unless you break it out after all the multipliers are applied to the cap. That's what that +63 at the end of the equation is. Its +40 cure potency from solace JP and +23 cure potency from gifts.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-30 08:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only seem to get to 498/500 enhancing (24/25 boost spell) while in my max duration
gada/ammurapi 5/5 telchine

ItemSet 362638

edit it looks like if I +3 my AF feet that would keep me at +10 enh duration and get me a ton of skill to cap duration/potentcy
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-30 09:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
I can only seem to get to 498/500 enhancing (24/25 boost spell) while in my max duration
gada/ammurapi 5/5 telchine

ItemSet 362638

edit it looks like if I +3 my AF feet that would keep me at +10 enh duration and get me a ton of skill to cap duration/potentcy

Are you counting skill gained from light arts?

You are.... Yeah, without AF+3 feet I don't really see a way to do it without removing some Telchine.

Regardless, AF+3 feet are better than Telchine for duration anyway due to how duration augments interact with duration on a piece of equipment.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-11-01 13:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of enfeebles... anyone else tempted to augment Yagrush?

255 magic acc skill and +70 magic accuracy... should beat Gada by a swift margin even though you end up with less MND for Paralyze potency.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-11-03 00:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally...

I've directed people here if they have further questions to bring up, which I imagine they might as I ended up omitting a few things for the sake of time as I was already approaching 30:00.
(Enfeebling Magic, Repose, etc).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-11-03 03:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, AF+3 feet are better than Telchine for duration anyway due to how duration augments interact with duration on a piece of equipment.

Can you elaborate on this.
ARe the augments fomr telchine and the Gear traigt from THeo 2 seperate multiplers ?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-11-03 06:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments to enhancing duration are a separate multiplier to enhancing duration explicitly stated on gear.

Because who has less +duration on explicit gear, the af+3 feet end up providing a bigger bonus than telchine feet with a max augment.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-11-03 07:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally...

I've directed people here if they have further questions to bring up, which I imagine they might as I ended up omitting a few things for the sake of time as I was already approaching 30:00.
(Enfeebling Magic, Repose, etc).
Only part way through the video so far, but..

I'd like to note that while base cureskin does indeed cap at 300, that's only base cureskin. The contribution of Eber body and Alaunus' cape to cureskin do not have a known cap. And this isn't specific to full cure.

In an excel format the formula would be;

=(MIN(CureValue*0.25,300)+(CureValue*(SolaceGear/100)))

Or in other terms
If CureValue < 1200: Cureskin = CureValue * (0.25+(SolaceGear/100)
If CureValue > 1200: Cureskin = 300 + (CureValue*(SolaceGear/100))

Basically, for any cure of 1200 or less you can just add the base 25% cureskin to your solace gear vale, and use that. So 49% of your cure value to SS.

For example a 1000 HP cure would net a 490 cureskin with Ebers body+1 and Alaunus' cape.

However, when the cure value exceeds 1200 the 3000 cap on the base comes into play. For a 1500 cure we would get a 660 cureskin with the same gear.
[+]
 Asura.Misakune
user: shaociang
By Asura.Misakune 2018-11-22 14:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the minimum essential sets for a whm mule that is gonna sit there and just use CurePlease to heal me during low man (think mercing) situations? I am assuming a cure set, fast cast set, and maybe barspell set?

I am getting Orvail ring so Janniston is out..what do I replace that with? Sirona's?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-11-22 14:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Misakune said: »
Whats the minimum essential sets for a whm mule that is gonna sit there and just use CurePlease to heal me during low man (think mercing) situations? I am assuming a cure set, fast cast set, and maybe barspell set?

I am getting Orvail ring so Janniston is out..what do I replace that with? Sirona's?

Pretty much, yeah. WHM sets are pretty forgiving for the most part so you can more or less follow guidelines to gear it up for nearly all levels of play.

Empy Body and Legs are pretty much a must, those will help you by leaps and bounds for MP management and damage control. 119 is Preferable but 109 will work.

Cure Set: 50% Potency and whatever Potency II you can muster without reaching too hard (Ideal to be able to cap without weapons if possible, Chatoyant Staff exploit is quite good if you can manage it)

Fast Cast: 30% or more without going out of your way, and try to have at least Heka's Kalasiris for that free 15% if able. Most of WHM's spells are pretty fast so this part is helpful but you can usually live without it (no pun intended)

Barspell set is very useful to have. Keep your Enhancing Skill as high as possible, cast your Bars in Empy Body for free MDB bonus and remember you only have to hit 500 Skill. Obviously, some Enhancing Gear gets very expensive so just muster whatever you can for your own odds and ends but if you ever want to use WHM with groups they will pretty much demand that your Barset be capped.

I will caution you though that you WILL want an Idle-Refresh set. Something that provides Refresh as well as decent amounts of PDT/MDT/DT and Meva. Inyanga +2 set works very well for this. Your mule will eventually get hit by a stray AoE so you don't want it getting waxed in one hit and you definitely don't want it running out of MP either :)

As for your Ring Choice, yeah, Sirona.
If you read the guide here, it's Cure-II > Healing Skill > MND > VIT for Single Cures and same for Curagas but without the Skill.

As long as you follow the basics, your WHM mule should be very effective. I will say though that putting effort into your mule will have very beneficial returns for you in the long run. I made sure to set my mule up with Yagrush, JP-Master, and near-BiS curing sets so I'm able to Dual-Box harder content or provide a healer if a suitable one can't be found. Definitely worth the trouble.

Hope this helps
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 95 96 97