On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 95 96 97
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-09-27 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I use the status ailment mod because I have shamash robe and I want to avoid silence at all costs. I think it's worth considering meva if you're trying to build a specific status resist set like barpetrify where gear options are more limited. When the specific status you want to resist basically has 1 ring and 1 earring that are efficient, I'd rather stack up on general meva over the status resist. I think things would be different if I got some of the volte gear from jeuno... but yeah.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By aisukage 2018-10-01 20:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
There was testing a few months ago.

ailment resistance seems to be 1 to 1 meva.

Specific resistances like Onca Suit's Resist Stun +90 seems to be a separate term.

I can't remember where the testing was done though.
There was some preliminary testing where that idea was bandied around, but it was largely debunked by the major resist testing that followed. Nariont linked the right place.

Resist x gear is a % chance to fully resist that is independent of the meva check. So it is in no way meva+.

The thing that confused people about the onca testing is that the observed resist rate was about half what is should have been. This is because resist+ gear is nerfed by 50% on NMs. So that 90 becomes 45% resist rate. See the resist testing thread for details.

So if ichosse
Status ailment resistance 10 in the resiin slot of my cape i Should get aprox 5% in an extra check to resist sleep/stone from a nm

IS ther any general stand of its better to to than 15% meva in that slot consdeing all other slots will have meva and mnd ind ( mdn helps resist against ailments if i remember correctly)

Really depens on the Mob your fighting i believe. From what i know of Magic Evasion based on the difference of the mobs magic accuracy and your magic evasion. I will quote from BGwiki Correct me if this is wrong

"In general, +2 Magic Evasion is assumed to give +1% Resist rate below a 50% resist rate, and +2% Resist rate above a 50% resist rate."

Making that 15 Mevasion on the cape be anywhere between 0 ~ 15% resist rate. That being said though. if the mobs magic accuracy is far too high then that magic evasion won't do anything and the status resist will perform better.

But due to being able to partially resist also I would personally always choose stacking Mevasion.
By DaneBlood 2018-10-14 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the shielding effect from Divine cares activate before or after a resist check?
By DaneBlood 2018-10-21 17:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Realizing the guide is heavily outdated on gear settings. and some of them seems directly bad i would love if someone could post an near optimal cursna sets with NQ pieces( im not going to toss million into a single slot for cursna yet).

thank you.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-21 18:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, a cursna set isn't very expensive. Almost all of it is on gear that you would have upgraded or pursued anyway for other reasons.

ItemSet 362385

Vanya Set: Path B for Healing Magic Skill

I included the clubs just for visibility. Barring those, something like Gada would be best for the +skill.

There is a new item from A.M.A.N. trove that looks interesting. Depending on how it works with Divine Benison and or Yagrush it might be worth using, but it's probably worth a lot.

Menelaus's ring
[+]
By Dagmar 2018-10-23 11:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This has probably been discussed or even tested already. But if you accession aquaveil do the effects of your gear transfer to the other party members or is it going to only effect you? Was having a discussion about this but didnt get around to checking it out to see. Granted its probably not the most useful thing being able to put a 4 or 5 hit aquaveil across a party but marginal improvements add up. Eventually.
By Nariont 2018-10-23 11:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty certain it function the same as phalanx+ gear in that you have to wear it to get the additional blocked hit
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-23 12:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
pretty certain it function the same as phalanx+ gear in that you have to wear it to get the additional blocked hit
IS ther any testing on this?
I really want to make sure beause if tihs the case im not get an aquveil set for my whm mule
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2018-10-23 12:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Would probably be easier to test with stoneskin/phal gear but iirc from a long time ago it only works if the person receiving the spell has the items equipped and not the caster.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-23 13:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be reasonably certain that the aquaveil+ gear has to be worn by the recipient to get the effect. Both stoneskin and phalanx work that way. Aquaveil is very likely the same, but would be a little bit annoying to test though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-27 23:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How does whm use Misery stance to its fullest? Got a buddy about to jump and pick up some items and I am concidering SU4+1 club. Been on whm for like 2 years now and never messed with Misery at all tbh, any input would be huge. Also whm DD, gonna start messing around with this next few weeks and hopin to start some convo on it. Any good info out here on it? Hit Wave3 jeuno tonight first time hard on whm and I stood around waiting half the time. Seems like a nice place to fix up some Tp and Ws sets.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-28 07:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

- Stand near the enemy,
- Drop meva for pure -DT,
- Esuna/Cura,
- If DD'ing, Auspice gives extra acc.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-28 14:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the final stages of gathering footage and editing a WHM video guide, and as usual I want to run things by people on the forum.

What are the things a new player to WHM needs to know?
By Afania 2018-10-28 14:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I'm in the final stages of gathering footage and editing a WHM video guide, and as usual I want to run things by people on the forum.

IMO
1) macro....whm could use a macro guide more than every other jobs in my opinion.
2) /assist <t> on mob trick to pre cure on alliance members currently being targeted. It's so good in alliance content. Also pre cure and more pre cure in general...
3) understand positioning. When to cure frontline and when to cure backline.
4) memorize status ailment and ws mod for correct ws stat boost and bar spells.
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-28 14:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
How does whm use Misery stance to its fullest? Got a buddy about to jump and pick up some items and I am concidering SU4+1 club. Been on whm for like 2 years now and never messed with Misery at all tbh, any input would be huge. Also whm DD, gonna start messing around with this next few weeks and hopin to start some convo on it. Any good info out here on it? Hit Wave3 jeuno tonight first time hard on whm and I stood around waiting half the time. Seems like a nice place to fix up some Tp and Ws sets.
Misery's problem isn't really a problem with Misery itself, it's more that Esuna requires the WHM to have the same debuffs on as it's party members it's trying to remove said debuffs from. My lua switches my idle/defense set from Inyanga to Ayanmo whenever Misery is active purely for this reason.

In theory Esuna when cast under Misery would be absurdly powerful... if all things were optimal like all debuffs landing on the WHM and their party members. This is also assuming the Su4-5 JSE.

A TP set for WHM is very easy to put together as the base is +2 Ayanmo.
ItemSet 362590

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-28 15:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Please for the love of all that is holy touch on stpt and stal for macros. So tired of whms complaining about blinking dds.

Edit: for the record I am pretty much a whm main. I’ve never had someone in my alliance die due to equipment swaps even though I don’t use FFXI settings to not have people blink or dressup. They die for plenty of other reasons, just not blinking
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-28 15:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

New players? Hmmm.

- Precast vs Midcast,
- Importance of Bar Spell potency,
- How Cursna success rate is determined,
- Cover overlooked JA's like Sacrosanctity, Devotion, Asylum and Divine Caress,
- Subjob SCH benefits,
- Setting up playing environment (macros, keybinds, shortcuts, etc),
- Importance of pre-battle reconnaissance.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 16:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Please for the love of all that is holy touch on stpt and stal for macros. So tired of whms complaining about blinking dds.

Edit: for the record I am pretty much a whm main. I’ve never had someone in my alliance die due to equipment swaps even though I don’t use FFXI settings to not have people blink or dressup. They die for plenty of other reasons, just not blinking

Or you could just not have DDs blink.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2018-10-28 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was a Necro from 2013. Blinking hasn't been a problem for a long time. I am often the ONLY healer in endgame alliances and I may have 1 person die once in maybe 12 runs.

You can set your own settings so that every player appears in level 1 gear and never blink. I'm not even talking about 3rd party programs or addons.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-28 16:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, WHMs should be on keyboard using F1-6 w/ <t> macros. Fastest and most precise. Subtargets, scrolling around w/ stal/stpt, thumbing thru macros on a gamepad... the pace of the game is at the point where those can be real impediments.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-28 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
IMO, WHMs should be on keyboard using F1-6 w/ <t> macros. Fastest and most precise. Subtargets, scrolling around w/ stal/stpt, thumbing thru macros on a gamepad... the pace of the game is at the point where those can be real impediments.

This is how I heal... also there is an Addon... maybe shortcuts? Where you can quickly cast from typing simple commands. /C4 me to self cure or like /paralyna Db to cast paralyna outside of party to an alliance member.
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2018-10-28 17:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cursna, Stona, Paralyna, Erase, Cure... In that order
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-10-28 17:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
They need to know in which order to remove debuffs. I hate when a WHM Virunas me before Cursna or Silence on Paladin.

Yeah, triage is important.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Eh, as an avid gamepad user I'd entirely agree. Unfortunately I don't have a desk at the moment so it's not exactly a viable option.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Splinters said: »

I thought this was a Necro from 2013. Blinking hasn't been a problem for a long time. I am often the ONLY healer in endgame alliances and I may have 1 person die once in maybe 12 runs.

You can set your own settings so that every player appears in level 1 gear and never blink. I'm not even talking about 3rd party programs or addons.
Yes you can, doesn't work for those who change weapons, unfortunately. But for DDs and basically everyone but the brds it's fine. I intentionally don't use st due to always being on trigger for what to cast, st works great though if you always know what you need to cast, just not to who.
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-10-28 17:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Splinters said: »
Cursna, Stona, Paralyna, Erase, Cure... In that order

Don't have to remove debuffs if they're already dead, I like it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Raising is more MP efficient, don'tya know?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 95 96 97