New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gay Fascism on HGTV
Gay Fascism on HGTV
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
By Jetackuu 2014-05-10 00:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is like the bullied person defending the bully when somebody else punches him back in the face.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-10 00:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
'Jack Burkman, head of the Washington, D.C. lobbying firm J.M. Burkman & Assoc. who is seeking to ban gays from the NFL, says he intends to build a national coalition to boycott any football franchise that picks openly gay football player Michael Sam in the NFL Draft, which starts Thursday at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

This gets this response:

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Actually that is what it is. And as a gay man myself I can see how gays are going overboard. Gays today particularly the younger ones need to take Xanax and chill the *** out with protesting everything. Not everyone is out to get them.

To Bacon: have you ever thought maybe it's because they have to match the tenacity of the establishment? To any well adjusted person living in the 21st century, Burkman's statement is a joke. Unfortunately he has the conviction to believe it is not, and there is a large group of people who take it "super cereal" too. So you know maybe you ought to rethink this Xanax thing because the fact is these young gays you're griping about aren't nearly as tenacious as the group that institutionalizes discrimination.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ragmar
Server: Phoenix
user: Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2014-05-10 00:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro tip - Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination...

Only in America where you can be openly religious outside of work and express anti LGBT views and be fired yet if your openly LGBT outside of work and express anti religious views you're protected.

I think I get why some people just wanna watch the whole world burn.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-05-10 00:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Only anti-religion rants I ever hear are Anti-Semite ones. Haven't heard an openly gay person publicly denounce religion.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-10 01:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And what protections would those be?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-05-10 01:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're not going to address the blatant hypocrisy that gays are totes valid as a target but "conservative values" need to be protected like special little snowflakes who are perpetually oppressed because Jesus?

Well since your not going to address the blatant hypocrisy of the gays why should I bother addressing the blatant hypocrisy of the conservatives?

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So you know maybe you ought to rethink this Xanax thing because the fact is these young gays you're griping about aren't nearly as tenacious as the group that institutionalizes discrimination.
You're absolutely right. I think Ativan and some vodka would be more appropriate.

Have you seen the fkn horseshit the LGBT community is spewing at Michael Weinstein? That's probably the biggest issue right now in LGBT politics. But instead CEO's and TV shows are taking center spotlight. So yes the LGBT community needs to pick their battles more appropriately I think.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-05-10 02:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Waits for butthurt and /threaddelete.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-10 04:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a minute...

Now I'm pretty ok with teh gayz, and I'm pretty ok with fascism(Praise Obama), but gay fascism? That's a step too far, isn't it?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-05-10 05:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So this thread is being repeated again, huh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-10 05:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay fascism

such a stud.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-05-10 06:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
This is like the bullied person defending the bully when somebody else punches him back in the face.

No it's more like punching someone in the face because you don't like what they say, like a psycho, like an emotional wreck.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-10 06:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me see if I got this right.

Baconwrap is defending someone who is actively trying to ban gay people from football by trying (and failing) to point out the hypocrisy of the gay community lashing back in protest?

Which is, y'know, illegal?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-10 07:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he's never been very good with those sort of things. We've never lived in a world where oppressed persons make progress silently. Method may not be perfect, but there's a fundamental difference in opposing a structure of violence and acting through it that needs to be considered for all related discussion.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-10 07:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're not going to address the blatant hypocrisy that gays are totes valid as a target but "conservative values" need to be protected like special little snowflakes who are perpetually oppressed because Jesus?

Well since your not going to address the blatant hypocrisy of the gays why should I bother addressing the blatant hypocrisy of the conservatives?

What exactly am I supposed to be defending for those poor conservatives who cannot defend themselves? Both sides have a right to protest by boycott. It's called "speaking with your wallet" and is the staple of the free market. I, again, leave the question to you, why is one side immune to criticism, and the other is not? How is it that someone can try to hide under "but my religion sez dis!" and try to use that as a basis to demand that everyone kowtow to it?

These two didn't lose their show because they said "We're Christian/Catholic/Whatever". They lost their show because they publicly demonstrated that "these other groups of people deserve less. Why? Well, because values!" and HGTV said to themselves "We are probably going to get a lot of controversy about this that we don't want. Let's just can the show and sidestep all of that."
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-05-10 09:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

People should be entitled to their views, regardless of how ignorant they may be. It is when they take action in which it physically harms someone or inhibits their civil liberties that there should be consequences. This is very far from the actions of WBC. I would have liked to see such media coverage of WBC from LGBT non-profs and media outlets...just saying. People need to remember freedom of speech is a two way street, and if you are unwilling to protect that liberty for the ignorant and bigoted then freedom of speech as a concept is nothing but a sham.
You are confusing governmental obligations with private business.

No one has a civil right to a TV show.

Refusing to give someone a TV show in no way inhibits any civil liberties nor limits freedom of speech.

There is no freedom of speech in a private or publicly held business.

I could go on but that covers it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-05-10 10:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace anti-gay with anti-brown people and this isn't even a debate as the NPR dude said.

Sorry Christians, you'll have to evolve your religion beyond hating people for being different and focus on that Christ part. Grow up. Remember, your religion once said slavery was ok.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-05-10 10:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

By Jetackuu 2014-05-10 10:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

No it's more like punching someone in the face because you don't like what they say, like a psycho, like an emotional wreck.
Not at all, but you're the one defending the bully metaphorically, so I expect you to think that way.

Still don't see why people think it's alright for people to be bigots by just hiding behind their religion.
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2014-05-10 11:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Replace anti-gay with anti-brown people and this isn't even a debate as the NPR dude said.

Sorry Christians, you'll have to evolve your religion beyond hating people for being different and focus on that Christ part. Grow up. Remember, your religion once said slavery was ok.

How about you shut the *** up? You just labeled every Christian as a hating bigot. I'm sorry, I didn't know I was some uneducated *** who likes to oppress people.

No? I don't?

Just because someone is a Christian Sparth, does not mean they are what you say you are. Most Christians actually don't give a frog's fat ***, it's the religious zealots making the moderate majority look bad, and you just made yourself look ignorant by stating that.

Am I mad? Yeah, that's an insult directed at me, my family, and my friends whom are Christian. Take your crap elsewhere if you're going to hurl *** lies.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-05-10 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a no true scottsman fallacy on the horizon.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-05-10 11:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »
How about you shut the *** up? You just labeled every Christian as a hating bigot. I'm sorry, I didn't know I was some uneducated *** who likes to oppress people.

No? I don't?

Just because someone is a Christian Sparth, does not mean they are what you say you are. Most Christians actually don't give a frog's fat ***, it's the religious zealots making the moderate majority look bad, and you just made yourself look ignorant by stating that.

Am I mad? Yeah, that's an insult directed at me, my family, and my friends whom are Christian. Take your crap elsewhere if you're going to hurl *** lies.
You've got a lot of religious zealots in your midst, then. Might want to take care of that - I hear if it's left untreated, it gets worse.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-05-10 11:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Not at all, but you're the one defending the bully metaphorically, so I expect you to think that way.

Still don't see why people think it's alright for people to be bigots by just hiding behind their religion.

It's not that I think it's OK to be a bigot. It is that I don't agree with hurting people because I don't like what they think. If you feel the need to injure someone because you don't like what they think it makes you a sociopath and your behavior doesn't belong in a civilized society.

With that said, it's probably not a good idea to be against gays when your show is on probably the gayest network on television, top 5. And with that said, the Property Brothers rule.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2014-05-10 11:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Ragnarok.Yatenkou said: »

No? I don't?

You've got a lot of religious zealots in your midst, then. Might want to take care of that - I hear if it's left untreated, it gets worse.

Oh it's perfectly alright to bash Christians, but when one honest person who is a Christian tries to stand up for themselves, it turns into a piss kicking here on this website.

Yeah it's bad to be anti-gay, but tbh why is everyone always gunning after Christians and stereotyping them as uneducated, assholeish, oppressive, unreasonable bigots? That drives me up a wall, I could always just take into consideration and do something equal to every other religion/sexuality/political stance.

Gays? Yeah don't care about you, you're getting legalized soon so idc.

Atheists? Yeah also don't care about you, I do care when you bash my views out of nowhere and think I'm in the wrong for defending my views. Can I prove god is there? Uh no, I cannot, that's why it's called 'faith' I don't need you to believe, in fact go sit in the sandbox and play, I'm happy with my religion and I don't need someone talking down to me.

Liberals? Lol nice job in the white house, country's a mess, cold war might be unofficially happening again, the President won't listen to anyone but himself and is about as dumb as a brick when it comes to politics. I mean, riding in on a skateboard to the power summit? Really? Then don't get me STARTED on that horrible health care plan that is currently screwing my family over, and the countless others who were waiting months because their systems weren't working.

Oh wait I'm not allowed to say this in a P&R THread? Well boo-*** hoo, if the people in this community can bash my views and I have to sit and take it because I can't opt out of seeing a damn P&R Thread, then Hell I'm going to be saying my peace.

Libtards and others only want to target Christians, they don't care about anything else and want a scapegoat, it just so happens that Christians got drawn for that, and since the zealots making the rest of us look bad are the targets, that stereotypes us -all-
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-05-10 11:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mean for that to be a noose, but I guess you're free to hang yourself with it.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-10 11:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between shunning public figures for their bigoted comments and actually injuring people.

If somebody was out hitting them in the face, or physically hurting them, it would be a different story.

I don't equate shunning people, or even canceling their show with hurting them.
By fonewear 2014-05-10 11:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

HGTV is serious business guys I need to improve my garden.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-10 11:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no the plight of the whiny christian boo hoo go tell jesus about your problems
By Jetackuu 2014-05-10 11:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mean for that to be a noose, but I guess you're free to hang yourself with it.
Basically.
By fonewear 2014-05-10 11:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
oh no the plight of the whiny Atheist boo hoo go tell Science about your problems
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2014-05-10 12:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically.

Oh no, I'm not hanging myself with it, you just -THINK- it's ok to talk down to others because they think differently. Am I wrong?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12