Chick-Fil-A Scandal V2.0 With Firefox CEO

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Chick-Fil-A Scandal v2.0 with Firefox CEO
Chick-Fil-A Scandal v2.0 with Firefox CEO
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Again: capitalism.

edit: *** walks money talks, and you're just upset that it's happening to the 1% now. Why are you such a tool?

Not capitalism really. A caveat of capitalism isn't to put people out of business for having the wrong opinion. One can do that in a free market, however.

It's just a shame that people are bullied out of their support for traditional marriage. What is wrong with the notion of traditional marriage?

That's your opinion...

As far as your "it's just a shame" bit, no it's not a shame. What's wrong with the notion is that it's inaccurate, and bigoted. We shouldn't hold on to things that discriminate just because it's "tradition."
It doesn't discriminate. You are simply incorrect on that. Gay people aren't prohibited from getting married, they just must get married to members of the opposite sex (just like the rest of us must do).
False equivalence.

It does discriminate. When you cannot marry the person who you love (barring incest) it's discrimination. (and before you get into it, there's legitimate reasons to outlaw incest).
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-04 10:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: *** walks money talks, and you're just upset that it's happening to the 1% now. Why are you such a tool?

Not capitalism really. A caveat of capitalism isn't to put people out of business for having the wrong opinion. One can do that in a free market, however.

It's just a shame that people are bullied out of their support for traditional marriage. What is wrong with the notion of traditional marriage?
I think it's funny that it's referred to as traditional marriage... If you believe marriage is between a man and a woman why not just call it marriage and that's that?

In any case things haven't changed much at all there's just a new reason people are being knocked down in their professional lives because of their personal ones.

Hypothetically... would you be upset if a CEO was pressured to step down because he was found to have supported gay marriage?

Personally I think the whole thing is ridiculous but it's not like you couldn't see it coming...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-04 10:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's your opinion...

As far as your "it's just a shame" bit, no it's not a shame. What's wrong with the notion is that it's inaccurate, and bigoted. We shouldn't hold on to things that discriminate just because it's "tradition."
It doesn't discriminate. You are simply incorrect on that. Gay people aren't prohibited from getting married, they just must get married to members of the opposite sex (just like the rest of us must do).
False equivalence.

It does discriminate. When you cannot marry the person who you love (barring incest) it's discrimination. (and before you get into it, there's legitimate reasons to outlaw incest).

No one is entitled to marry the one they love. You're making up rights again, and changing the definition of words.

I love my cat, can I marry it?
I love my two girlfriends can I marry them?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone here was advocating what happened, and the outcome is just outright shitty.

But it's to be expected when you're a high profile person, you have to make sure you don't do things to upset people, otherwise hey, they'll be upset with you. Supporting discrimination is something a lot of people get upset with.

I think they took it too far, but it's their right to protest.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is entitled to marry the one they love. You're making up rights again, and changing the definition of words.

I never said one was entitled to marry anything they love, I said person. When "straight" people are allowed to marry those they love, and you don't allow gay people to do the same, then it is discrimination.

You're confusing words again, and not understanding definitions.

Edit: as far as I'm concerned, we should allow polygamy, but holy ***why would you want to put up with more than 1?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-04 10:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How many damn times are we going to see the bestiality or polygamy comparison on here? Jesus! Broken Records! Broken records EVERYWHERE!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-04 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People get married for love ?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

How many damn times are we going to see the bestiality or polygamy comparison on here? Jesus! Broken Records! Broken records EVERYWHERE!
He's just scared Zah, he's just scared.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-04 10:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone here was advocating what happened, and the outcome is just outright shitty.

But it's to be expected when you're a high profile person, you have to make sure you don't do things to upset people, otherwise hey, they'll be upset with you. Supporting discrimination is something a lot of people get upset with.

I think they took it too far, but it's their right to protest.

A lot of the LGBT community aren't happy with GLAAD and HRC right now. GLAAD and HRC received a backlash recently over their "politically correct policing" about the show Ru Paul's Drag Race.

'RuPaul's Drag Race' Producers Respond To Claims Of Transphobia

If you go to their facebook or other social media pages, many LGBT are telling GLAAD and HRC to "shut the *** up" over such issues.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Yeah, love is the new definition for legal agreement to put up with eachother, don't you know?
By fonewear 2014-04-04 10:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Love and marriage don't work. I can see financial gain but not love.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Love and marriage don't work. I can see financial gain but not love.
I blame Disney.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-04-04 10:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

See I don't have a problem with Nausi's opinion, because it makes some logical sense.

At the same time I believe that a state's government and judicial system should be allowed to amend and have final say over the matter- but that's my opinion.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-04 10:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

See I don't have a problem with Nausi's opinion, because it makes some logical sense.

At the same time I believe that a state's government and judicial system should be allowed to amend and have final say over the matter- but that's my opinion.

I wouldn't be so against that, if the other states recognized their marriages like they're supposed to.

His argument is only logical by ignoring certain things, it's narrow, and therefore doesn't apply to reality as many things just outright break it.

I don't see why some states should be allowed to discriminate against people though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-04 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

According to "traditional marriage" they do. It's also a life long commitment! It was til death do us part and she just wouldn't die... so I killed her!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-04 10:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Hypothetically... would you be upset if a CEO was pressured to step down because he was found to have supported gay marriage?

I remember being sympathetic to gay people who were victimized in HS and college, but as I get older I simply don't see it as much. In my life it is pretty much non-existent. Conversely, I see the reverse so much more these days. All the people who said "live and let live" clearly had no concept of what it meant...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-04 10:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he's just trying to break the record on broken records.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-04 11:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I remember being sympathetic to gay people who were victimized in HS and college, but as I get older I simply don't see it as much. In my life it is pretty much non-existent. Conversely, I see the reverse so much more these days. All the people who said "live and let live" clearly had no concept of what it meant...
Just because you don't see it as much doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've learned that lesson often enough.

I wasn't really talking on a personal level though. If a CEO had donated to a fund that aimed for the abolishment of DOMA (or taken any pro lgbt stance) and then he/she was pressured to step down from his/her position for that would you be as offended?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-04 11:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Wait, how is that a broken record when we all know conservatives (and by definition Republicans) are incapable of love?

I mean, we hear it all over the news: "Evil Republican Senator/Governor openly supports anti- <insert peacekeepers, gays, blacks, Mexicans, Asians, dogs, cats, Earth, foreign countries, women, or anything else that may create strong feelings towards for the sake of selling the news>, peaceful, loving Democrat responds to Evil Republican's hatred remarks"

If anything, the above headline is the broken record...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-04 11:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not just evil I happen to be white. So that is like ten times the evil.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-04 11:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if you're albino.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-04 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have German ancestry therefore I inherited my terrible views.

I eat puppies for nutrition also.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-04 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have German ancestry therefore I inherited my terrible views.

You know, as much as you make jokes about women on here, you sure display quite a few traits that are a stereotypical anathema of one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-04 11:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Wait, how is that a broken record when we all know conservatives (and by definition Republicans) are incapable of love?

I mean, we hear it all over the news: "Evil Republican Senator/Governor openly supports anti- <insert peacekeepers, gays, blacks, Mexicans, Asians, dogs, cats, Earth, foreign countries, women, or anything else that may create strong feelings towards for the sake of selling the news>, peaceful, loving Democrat responds to Evil Republican's hatred remarks"

If anything, the above headline is the broken record...

Sounds like you're trying to make a partisan point, when in reality there are politicians on both sides that have issues with being corrupt.

Making partisan points that either vilify the other side or feign innocence of ones own side is also a broken record people are tired of hearing around these parts.

If you enjoy taking every chance you can to take a jab at a certain democratic president, or whenever a news article is published about a corrupt democratic politician, then you really have nothing to complain about when the headlines are about Republicans.

If the volume is louder on one side than the other maybe it has less to do with propaganda and more to do with an infestation of corruption.

There is a truth though that the Republicans have been searching for a smoking gun to vilify the Democrats on the national level. This is mainly to due to the fact the Democrats took full advantage of painting the picture of corruption, ineptitude and impotency on the face of the Republican party when certain things came to light in the Republican presidencies of Warren G. Harding, Richard M Nixon, and George W. Bush.

Right now they're trying reciprocate in painting that same picture on the current administration but are failing at every attempted stroke. Just like they did with Clinton and Carter.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-04 11:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Jokes ? This is serious business. Free speech is nothing to joke about.

Without free speech how could you make terrible jokes ?

I'd have to be politically correct and we all know that is no fun.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-04 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you enjoy taking every chance you can to take a jab at a certain democratic president, or whenever a news article is published about a corrupt democratic politician, then you really have nothing to complain about when the headlines are about Republicans.
I don't bother, as you put it, "take every chance to take a jab at a certain democratic president, or whenever a news article is published about a corrupt democratic politician..." because then I would be like Chanti, only more annoying.

You notice that I don't make threads about everything bad in Obama's administration, just the ones that I feel that needed to be pointed out because of the inherent harm (yes, harm, more like direct harm) it inflicts to everyone. Which it isn't often that harm is directed towards society, just a select few in Obama's "War against his donors."

If the volume is louder on one side than the other maybe it has less to do with propaganda and more to do with an infestation of corruption.
No, it has more to do with partisan politics and media's agendas.

Want proof? Look at the headlines for CNN, ABC, MSN, and pretty much every mainstream media, including Fox News.

Fox reports the other side of the coin.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-04-04 12:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm hungry for waffle fries now and a little bit concerned for the well being of nausi's cat...

I don't know if anyone brought this up yet or not but how come when the ceo holds a belief we attack the whole company, but then claim the company is not a person in the instance of hobby lobby?

Can't we just burn this guy's house down and call it a day?

oh wait nvm I use google chrome too. kill all teh firefoxes!

/blows hunting bugle
<dogs barking>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-04 12:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it has more to do with partisan politics and media's agendas.

Want proof? Look at the headlines for CNN, ABC, MSN, and pretty much every mainstream media, including Fox News.

Fox reports the other side of the coin.

The media's agenda is to create sensationalism in order to turn a profit. Corrupt politicians make for sensational headlines.

It sounds more like you have an issue with the saturation of one side over the other.

I don't bother, as you put it, "take every chance to take a jab at a certain democratic president, or whenever a news article is published about a corrupt democratic politician..." because then I would be like Chanti, only more annoying.

You notice that I don't make threads about everything bad in Obama's administration, just the ones that I feel that needed to be pointed out because of the inherent harm (yes, harm, more like direct harm) it inflicts to everyone. Which it isn't often that harm is directed towards society, just a select few in Obama's "War against his donors."

So you're going to lie about your behavior as if no one has a clue to your shtick while taking a pop shot at a poster who you perceive to lean on the other side of the spectrum of your views.

The real question that arise's is why would any politician have a "war against their donors"? That accusation doesn't make any sense. Since after all in Obama's case Solyandra, and affluent members of LGBT community were donors and he didn't wage a war with them. But you know who did? The Right wing media, cause it made for sensational headlines and was an easy sell to their target demographic.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-04 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

That's not logic. It's *** nonsense. It's very much the opposite of logic. Gays aren't trying to earn the ability to marry the opposite sex. You know this. It's a complete straw man and an insult to people who would like to marry the person they love. The same argument was used to argue against interracial marriages. It does not have a very good track record.

Tolerance does not shield oneself from criticism. I dunno how many more times that needs to be said in threads like these. We shouldn't have to tiptoe around garbage opinions like Nausi's just to uphold some pretense of being the ever so tolerant minority when actions taken between the two sides are in no way equivalent to each other.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-04 13:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You're intolerance of my intolerance is intolerable.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11