Anni Or Yoichi For Ranger?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Anni or yoichi for ranger?
Anni or yoichi for ranger?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-03-25 23:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been looking at both weapons and both looks amazing at 119 but which would be the better for overall.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-25 23:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anni is easier to be good with; I'd go with that unless you want to use it for sam too.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-25 23:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anni from what i've heard, no rng though...
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-03-26 00:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Anni is easier to be good with; I'd go with that unless you want to use it for sam too.

How good is yoichi for Sam also do you know? I always thought of a yoichi Sam but never Went for it
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-26 00:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »

How good is yoichi for Sam also do you know? I always thought of a yoichi Sam but never Went for it
Pretty much top notch, other than koga and still thats only situational.
 Sylph.Shepardg
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shepardg 2014-03-26 00:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you ever plan to SAM, with the utility of having a piercing type WS?

IF NOT, get the gun.

The gun still outparses Yoichi, even at 119. Spamming Namas/Jishnu's still won't beat Anni's coranach(sp)/Last stand combo.

Again, gear dependant of course, but assuming 2 mirror identical situations with only difference being ranged/ammo, gun will win.

There is the argument for longer fights, but if you can show me a fight that lasts past 25 minutes, without other major factor's presenting themselves (Pld died, support dies or is not up to Very Difficult content, etc.) and i'll be quite amazed.

Also gun is cheaper, by aprox. 10-20 mil, depending on server prices.
So Bow your sacrificing damage for utility (SAM)
Gun your sacrificing utility for dmg.

my 2 cents

EDIT: SAM can't hit High level content, using only ranged attacks... the idea of Bow sam is to provide them with a piercing/light based WS . I don't know how a SAM/RNG would do vs. AA Diff or VD fights. Might work, but your giving up alot of snapshot/RACC/RATK, even with AF/RELIC 119 stuff.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-26 00:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shepardg said: »
Do you ever plan to SAM, with the utility of having a piercing type WS?

IF NOT, get the gun.

The gun still outparses Yoichi, even at 119. Spamming Namas/Jishnu's still won't beat Anni's coranach(sp)/Last stand combo.

Again, gear dependant of course, but assuming 2 mirror identical situations with only difference being ranged/ammo, gun will win.

There is the argument for longer fights, but if you can show me a fight that lasts past 25 minutes, without other major factor's presenting themselves (Pld died, support dies or is not up to Very Difficult content, etc.) and i'll be quite amazed.

Also gun is cheaper, by aprox. 10-20 mil, depending on server prices.
So Bow your sacrificing damage for utility (SAM)
Gun your sacrificing utility for dmg.

my 2 cents

EDIT: SAM can't hit High level content, using only ranged attacks... the idea of Bow sam is to provide them with a piercing/light based WS . I don't know how a SAM/RNG would do vs. AA Diff or VD fights. Might work, but your giving up alot of snapshot/RACC/RATK, even with AF/RELIC 119 stuff.
says witha bow, seems like you regret your choice :P... but for real, coulnt have said it better.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-03-26 00:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Spamming Namas/Jishnu's still won't beat Anni's coranach(sp)/Last stand combo.

Jishnu's easily beats Last Stand by a long shot.

--------------

It really depends on the types of buffs you receive and the positional aspects of the fight. Both have advantages and disadvantages but I'd say that Annihilator is easier to use universally. Highest DPS, however would go to the Bow if hate is not an issue.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-03-26 00:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We can hit. Of course if we try to shoot like a RNG, the DPS will be about 25%-50% of a real RNG because of Double Shot, Velocity Shot, and Snapshot gear, but we can hit perfectly fine! In fact, because of Utkux's strong damage resistance to slashing, I just sit back and shoot with 1 prelude just for kicks:
Code
Keityan  39/4   90.70 % 

(Other RNG's did 200k, my total for the boss was 53k).
This is Level 128 alliance too. Besides that, SAM/WAR doesn't usually shoot arrows anyhow. We melee and spam Namas Arrow.

Even during Delve v1, SAM/WAR with Yoichi is one of the strongest DPS. At capped attack, Namas will outperform Fudo any day because ranged attack formulas cap higher than melee attack formulas. See also FSTR vs FSTR2 and PDIF(Melee) vs PDIF(Ranged)
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-03-26 01:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I just went and bought all the. Currency needed for anni I hope I like the new toy lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-03-26 07:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you ever plan to SAM, with the utility of having a piercing type WS? IF NOT, get the gun. The gun still outparses Yoichi, even at 119. Spamming Namas/Jishnu's still won't beat Anni's coranach(sp)/Last stand combo. Again, gear dependant of course, but assuming 2 mirror identical situations with only difference being ranged/ammo, gun will win. There is the argument for longer fights, but if you can show me a fight that lasts past 25 minutes, without other major factor's presenting themselves (Pld died, support dies or is not up to Very Difficult content, etc.) and i'll be quite amazed. Also gun is cheaper, by aprox. 10-20 mil, depending on server prices. So Bow your sacrificing damage for utility (SAM) Gun your sacrificing utility for dmg. my 2 cents EDIT: SAM can't hit High level content, using only ranged attacks... the idea of Bow sam is to provide them with a piercing/light based WS . I don't know how a SAM/RNG would do vs. AA Diff or VD fights. Might work, but your giving up alot of snapshot/RACC/RATK, even with AF/RELIC 119 stuff.
Hell you convicced me and I wasnt even asking the question...
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-26 08:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Spamming Namas/Jishnu's still won't beat Anni's coranach(sp)/Last stand combo.

Jishnu's easily beats Last Stand by a long shot.

--------------

It really depends on the types of buffs you receive and the positional aspects of the fight. Both have advantages and disadvantages but I'd say that Annihilator is easier to use universally. Highest DPS, however would go to the Bow if hate is not an issue.
This is interesting, not a rng but never seen these number results... I mean rng is very gear and play skill based of a job for a DD, but even still always seems to be anni coming out of top as I see it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-26 08:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats Acey I think. You will enjoy your. New relic.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-03-26 08:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am team BOW. I been farming and saving up 4 yoichi. With the new bow from delve i am considering doing apex 5/5 for Sam and use Jin she for rng. I want to stick with making relic but not sure anymore.

Would you just make yoichi anyway or maybe do a different relic? It's a huge commitment to drop all this money and then get crushed by a weapon you can get in 1 day for free. Any advice?
By Fasaga 2014-03-26 09:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
I am team BOW. I been farming and saving up 4 yoichi. With the new bow from delve i am considering doing apex 5/5 for Sam and use Jin she for rng. I want to stick with making relic but not sure anymore.

Would you just make yoichi anyway or maybe do a different relic? It's a huge commitment to drop all this money and then get crushed by a weapon you can get in 1 day for free. Any advice?
The reason people make relic ranger weapons is to do damage while controlling emnity. If you don't have a relic you are relying on decoy shot alone. Which, if your are going all out will get you killed rather quickly. So while spamming JR with the new bow looks good on paper, you will die.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-26 09:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

doesn't even look good on paper, though
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-26 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Skrim bow beats both with good augs. So does Falubeza if you have access. Of course you have to be more careful with hate. That's the advantage of relic.
By Fasaga 2014-03-26 09:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't looked at the stats of either, was just saying that people make relic for emnity control.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-26 09:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun all the way, unless you plan on taking up Sam as well.
By Ravenn42 2014-03-26 09:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am aware of the enmity. In this new age of ffxi where you have multiple rng in ally all with similar easy to obtain gear hate control is not a focal point for some. I want a relic for my own personal goals. I seem to get sidetracked I was making a mandau and then thief was meh so sold all my currency. Same with Apoc.

Maybe I should just trade my currency as I go and not build it up 1st so I am locked in.....Things were easier back in the day.

End Rant.
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2014-03-26 10:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger is a terrible DD. It doesn't even benefit from haste! I'd abandon the entire idea completely.
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-03-26 10:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Ranger is a terrible DD. It doesn't even benefit from haste! I'd abandon the entire idea completely.

who said rng cant melee!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-26 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Soups is doing a little Backstabbing of his own
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-26 10:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Snapshot said: »
Skrim bow beats both with good augs. So does Falubeza if you have access. Of course you have to be more careful with hate. That's the advantage of relic.

Spreadsheet say you're wrong.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-26 10:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »
Asura.Hotsoups said: »

who said rng cant melee!

Haste and marches are awesome when on rng/nin and are doing TT on D/VD with no tank.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-26 10:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you using spreadsheet with augmented skirmish bow?
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2014-03-26 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the Skirmish bow or gun +2 /w good aug ( WS +10% etc) stack up against anni and yoichi ?

Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-26 10:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can add it as new gear; just plug in the stat
 Bahamut.Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-26 10:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You can add it as new gear; just plug in the stat

Right. I was asking what stats are you plugging in?
First Page 2 3 4 5