Anni Or Yoichi For Ranger?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Anni or yoichi for ranger?
Anni or yoichi for ranger?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Ensane
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nsane
By Asura.Ensane 2014-07-09 12:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Bahamut.Snapshot said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
This shows absolutely nothing other than that you play with terrible RNG.

Good God man. Get some new material.

Why? He's right.

Is he? Playing with the ranger spreadsheet and using sets posted here, I get Anni being beaten by Hangaku-No-Yumi, as well as Yoichi. Does it take getting to a 3-hit Anni with COR to beat bow?

I'm new to ranger, but Annihilator's strong suit seems to be utility and not balls-to-the-wall damage.

A Good Yoichi Ranger knows when to stop shooting, so they don't pull hate unlike Annihilator where they can basically just keep on shooting and not have to worry as much as JR spam which will end bad eventually. Which allows you to do more Damage in the long run, not to mention Rangers are a dime a dozen and they could of been crap at there job, most rangers don't even know what the difference is in pre-shot and mid-shot so they just start stacking Racc. and than wonder why they do so bad when a parse is presented every so often.

But even a good Rangers with Yoichi will get beat every time by Annihilator in a long term battle just because they eventually will have to cool down there enmity to the mob, or wait for decoy to be up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-07-09 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
But Glecent claims to be able to spam Jishnu's without pulling hate, which is something I personally have never been able to experience.

I haven't done that in all content, just Delve so far. I haven't done anything on RNG but Delve in a while. During those runs I did pull hate on the lower tier NMs when I didn't have Decoy Shot up at the start but it wasn't an issue on the boss.
 Bahamut.Kukudawg
Server: Bahamut
user: kukudawg
By Bahamut.Kukudawg 2014-07-09 15:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've eaten relic guns for lunch many times except for when they use riverfin. I use sushi and I use nq shark arrows cuz I'm cheap. Gun is probably better if u take the overall average of all anni vs yoichi users but the difference isn't as big as people think. Just need to know what ur doing.

Not sure why ppl hate on bow so much. If used properly, it can keep up and possibly beat gun. Also, trials are a lot easier =)
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-09 15:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No one said gun is 54456786 times better than bow, it's just better and since bow is pretty much useless for sam now, no excuse to make bow over gun now
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-07-09 21:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all about who's playing.

If you're 2-300k behind in parses, no relic is gonna pull you even close. Either learn2play, or level something else.
By Freazer 2014-07-09 21:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
bow is pretty much useless for sam now
care to elaborate on how relic bow is so useless for sam?
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-09 21:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess would be because Fudo destroys female dogs right now.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-09 22:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Freazer said: »
bow is pretty much useless for sam now
care to elaborate on how relic bow is so useless for sam?

Outside of 2 NM in kamhir and Ceizak boss, fudo is much better than namas; and for those couple fight you can 1/5 apex and do it easy enough that making a 150m wpn isn't worth it.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-07-09 22:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure about fudo winning on Kamhir boss too? My damage was kind of ***. Has a huge slashing penalty or something?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-07-09 23:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tulfaire NM in Marjami also has a slashing penalty.

making a 150m wpn isn't worth it.

This is literally where Yoichi has been since its existence for SAM: amazing for some niche situations, generally eclipsed by other options the majority of the time. But you better have one if you want to be taken seriously on SAM.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-10 05:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

At 99 it was better than Great Katana for everything with a big level correction(VW/Legion) or fodder stuff it was less niche than 4 mob in the game ?
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-10 07:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yoichi is king for rng. let the new meta begin~
By Zoltar 2014-07-10 07:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We ran tree and ice lion last night, 2 runs each, 18-man. 3 anni rng always outparsed the JR rangers every run. I was pleasantly surprised to see my coronach putting out consistant 4-6k damage and some nice 15-20k barrages. Idk if this is because of the update or not bc I haven't tested lately. Not saying bow can't do just as well but until my Yoich is 119 I'm saying gun far outshines bow in terms of dps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-10 11:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

>Not saying bow can't do just as well

>I'm saying gun far outshines bow

k

Gun is superior, but let's not be retards about it
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-10 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-07-10 12:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

At 99 it was better than Great Katana for everything with a big level correction(VW/Legion) or fodder stuff it was less niche than 4 mob in the game ?

It shining in 1 event, where you needed Mura to actually eclipse the other DD of that era, is still niche. Saying it was better than GK in VW is like saying it was better in Abyssea, still niche because you needed a smart group buffing you properly/wasn't realistic/practial. Using SAM in that era at all was niche.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-10 12:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

It shining in 1 event, where you needed Mura to actually eclipse the other DD of that era, is still niche. Saying it was better than GK in VW is like saying it was better in Abyssea, still niche because you needed a smart group buffing you properly/wasn't realistic/practial. Using SAM in that era at all was niche.

I don't consider something that was needed to even play sam properly back then "niche" but w/e to each his own. It was also supposedly very good for adl too.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-07-10 12:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is exactly my entire point. It doesn't matter how little or big a boost Yoichi's gain was, I wanted one to be prepared for everything, as should all serious SAM. Yet, you say it isn't worth making now, when in 5 of the 6 Delve zones you're suboptimal without one.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-10 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Which is exactly my entire point. It doesn't matter how little or big a boost Yoichi's gain was, I wanted one to be prepared for everything, as should all serious SAM. Yet, you say it isn't worth making now, when in 5 of the 6 Delve zones you're suboptimal without one.

5 out of 6 ? Outside of Ceizak/Lion zone I don't use mine(not that I do other zone than lion/yorcia now), and for for both zone apex does the job and you don't lose koga AM3!
By Zoltar 2014-07-11 07:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
>Not saying bow can't do just as well

>I'm saying gun far outshines bow

k

Gun is superior, but let's not be retards about it

I was clearly talking about dps.

"The advantages of gun" far outshine bow.

Is that better for the people who didn't understand?