Anni Or Yoichi For Ranger?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Anni or yoichi for ranger?
Anni or yoichi for ranger?
First Page 2 3 4 5
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-26 10:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Snapshot said: »
Skrim bow beats both with good augs. So does Falubeza if you have access. Of course you have to be more careful with hate. That's the advantage of relic.

I kept reading that as skyrim bow and was like eh.

Its not the only advantage a relic has over skirmish/Delve/Plasm weapons they can change your tp builds due to higher racc/ratt. Then theres the occ deals x3 damage so how any times have you done 30k+ barrages w/o a relic. The skirmish bow/gun are very nice, I have both, but relics are tons better.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-26 10:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Skrim bow beats both with good augs. So does Falubeza if you have access. Of course you have to be more careful with hate. That's the advantage of relic.

I kept reading that as skyrim bow and was like eh.

Its not the only advantage a relic has over skirmish/Delve/Plasm weapons they can change your tp builds due to higher racc/ratt. Then theres the occ deals x3 damage so how any times have you done 30k+ barrages w/o a relic. The skirmish bow/gun are very nice, I have both, but relics are tons better.

Yeah I like seeing those 7k crit arrow too lol
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-26 11:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to start another Relic debate on Ranger. If you have it, great. Its one of the best in the game. Its not the best anymore and until SE shows they will update it on a normal basis to keep pace with new gear, its foolish to start building one. How long did those Anni's sit on mannequins before first upgrade?
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-26 11:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic gun/bow are still at the top though skirmish may have higher dmg but that doesnt put them above relics it just closes the gap. You arent taking into account the massive boost to racc/ratt, OD×3 and WS aftermath. Yoichi users get like 50 more racc over a skirmish bow user which you can swap out racc in other slots for STP.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
Server: Carbuncle
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-03-26 11:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're bringing rangers Hate is always a concern. Annihilator and Yoichi will always have a place. For what they do, nothing else comes close.

"Being careful with hate" means doing less damage.

I'll reiterate, anything you WANT to bring a ranger to over a melee, Yoichi and especially Annihilator are better by miles.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-26 11:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree though, of the two relics, gun rangers always outparse bow.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-26 11:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dagget said: »

False.

I'll stop now. I know how butthurt relic owners get when they are passed over by SE ; ;
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-03-26 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dagget said: »

False.

I'll stop now. I know how butthurt relic owners get when they are passed over by SE ; ;

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Enmity

Actions preformed against target generate a set amount of enmity, decays at a set rate (VE) or only if you're acted upon by the mob (CE)

Theres only two ways to control this.

Unique mechanic (decoy shot/Coronach/Namas set enmity values) or doing less damage. It's hardly false, it's math.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-26 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also dont forget enmity- which is on pretty much all of rngs gear these days. Ive generally got -25-30 enmity in my sets so I generate 25-30% less enmity when those 2 mins when decoy shot is down and hardly any when decoy is up.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-03-26 11:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to start another Relic debate on Ranger. If you have it, great. Its one of the best in the game. Its not the best anymore and until SE shows they will update it on a normal basis to keep pace with new gear, its foolish to start building one. How long did those Anni's sit on mannequins before first upgrade?

We used relics rng to clear delve well after we got boss kill and delve rng wpn.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-06-06 14:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

hi rng's mates, i've read the whole topic but i'm still not convinced about what's the best relic for rng.

I've seen that at lvl99(1) Yoichi and Anni has the same stats but Yoichi has a greater damage value.

personaly i don't like Guns at all, y prefer bow, since I realy like jishnu. but when we are coming speaking of waste 150+M i would like to do the best equip for my RNG and not the "good but there is something better" i don't do a lot of delve since i've came back after a long time so atm i've got problems with both ammunition (i generaly use tullfaire arrows.

So i don't understand the difference, if Yoichi has an higher Damage are bullet and Coronach so powerfull that can leave namas arrow like a ridicoulus WS?
 Asura.Twignberries
By Asura.Twignberries 2014-06-06 14:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree though, of the two relics, gun rangers always outparse bow.

^ this
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-06-06 14:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but i'm asking why... if yoichi has higher damage why Anni outparse it?
 Carbuncle.Brynach
user: Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2014-06-06 14:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a number of reasons
Gun is inherently better dmg overall. No need to explain that further thats just how it is.
Coronach has -20 enm on ws and yoichi doesnt have that on namas.
There for gun can reduce enm and use LS more often than a bow rng can alternate between JR and namas.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-06-06 14:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Brynach said: »
There are a number of reasons
Gun is inherently better dmg overall. No need to explain that further thats just how it is.
Coronach has -20 enm on ws and yoichi doesnt have that on namas.
There for gun can reduce enm and use LS more often than a bow rng can alternate between JR and namas.

Nothing sweeter than not having to hold back Coronach:

Additional effect: temporarily lowers enmity.
Lowers Enmity for a certain amount of time. (Enmity -20)
Regardless of the damage, Coronach hate is only 80CE / 240 VE (Enmity- effect included).

Namas: just has:
Regardless of damage, Namas Arrow hate is 160 CE / 480 VE.
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2014-06-06 15:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
Ragnarok.Gekuz said: »
Yes, but i'm asking why... if yoichi has higher damage why Anni outparse it?
a ranged attack uses weapon+ammo

Hem.. if you just look a couple of line before i've also asked if it was for the ammo.

---

So practicaly you would alternate coronach with leaden salute and bye bye namas XD

Ok roger!
 Carbuncle.Brynach
user: Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2014-06-06 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Stand not leaden salute..
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-06-06 15:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The Delve bullets are incredibly powerful, and its primarily the fact that you never have to hold back. Yes Jishnu's is better than Last Stand, but Last Stand is better than Namas Arrow.. You have to use Coronach far less with a gun than you have to use Namas with Bow, and Coronach itself is better than Namas from my experience. Since you can use Last Stand far more often than you can use Jishnu's, it comes out well ahead. Yoichi is still a great weapon though, and if you like Samurai as well as Ranger, it should be an easy decision.
By Bigsmokey 2014-06-06 15:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Anni and have been out parsed by Yochi, but I was not going all out. Got an anni about a month ago and am finally learning my limits and well you can preaty much got all out without pulling hate except for those rare occasions where u triple proc a 15k barrage. I preaty much just spam coronach instead of using last stand.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2014-06-06 16:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Coronach exclusively takes away the benefit from Coronach lol
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-06 16:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gekuz said: »
hi rng's mates, i've read the whole topic but i'm still not convinced about what's the best relic for rng.

I've seen that at lvl99(1) Yoichi and Anni has the same stats but Yoichi has a greater damage value.

personaly i don't like Guns at all, y prefer bow, since I realy like jishnu. but when we are coming speaking of waste 150+M i would like to do the best equip for my RNG and not the "good but there is something better" i don't do a lot of delve since i've came back after a long time so atm i've got problems with both ammunition (i generaly use tullfaire arrows.

So i don't understand the difference, if Yoichi has an higher Damage are bullet and Coronach so powerfull that can leave namas arrow like a ridicoulus WS?

You don't have 99 samurai, looking at your profile. The choice IMO is a simple binary one (unless you're a die-hard ranger, in that case do both):

Do you play samurai? Make Yoichi.
No? Make Annihilator.

Anni is better at the situations where ranger is used- fights where pulling hate will wipe the party/alliance. In pure damage bow will win by a fair margin if the spreadsheet is correct but this assumes an unrealistic situation where you have full buffs and can go all-out Jishnu spam. Using a path C/r15 Cibi, the best I can do is maybe 60-75% of our best relic gun rangers without wiping the ranger parties. They'll start firing off Coronach while I'm still holding back Jishnu's in fear of pulling before hate is solid on the pally.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-06 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigsmokey said: »
well you can preaty much got all out without pulling hate except for those rare occasions where u triple proc a 15k barrage.

Honestly, I don't even have major issues with NO relic. I use Lionsquall and really don't have much of a problem even shooting non-stop and using only Last Stand.

I guess the enm-10 on the gun might help me more than some people having issues with bow/Jishnu (or Pulfanxa), but it's been my experience that only in seriously long fights is it ever an issue. Just don't open with a barrage/Last Stand or something - I like to start with Camo and shoot to 200tp while the PLD and other RNG get going, and wait a little bit on my Decoy to stagger it so mine is up when the other RNGs Decoys go down.

Point being, if you DO have relic it's surely a near total non-issue.
By Aikawa 2014-06-06 17:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have no issues like you say,
1. you TP/WS in -50 enmity
2. The fight doesn't last more than 5 mins
3. you dont have a 4x Hit build
4. your dps is low

not matter what you do, you but you will end pulling hate just using Last Stand, even an Anni RNG if use many last stand(like 1x 200-300 TP Coronach then 2-3x Last Stand w/ aftermath up) will pull hate eventually.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-06-06 17:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut's a yoichi?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-06 17:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Bigsmokey said: »
well you can preaty much got all out without pulling hate except for those rare occasions where u triple proc a 15k barrage.

Honestly, I don't even have major issues with NO relic. I use Lionsquall and really don't have much of a problem even shooting non-stop and using only Last Stand.

I guess the enm-10 on the gun might help me more than some people having issues with bow/Jishnu (or Pulfanxa), but it's been my experience that only in seriously long fights is it ever an issue. Just don't open with a barrage/Last Stand or something - I like to start with Camo and shoot to 200tp while the PLD and other RNG get going, and wait a little bit on my Decoy to stagger it so mine is up when the other RNGs Decoys go down.

Point being, if you DO have relic it's surely a near total non-issue.
I usually toss up Decoy, Sharpshot, and Barrage away, be it with bow or gun, then use camouflage when decoy is down
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-06 17:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Aikawa said: »
if you have no issues like you say,
1. you TP/WS in -50 enmity
2. The fight doesn't last more than 5 mins
3. you dont have a 4x Hit build
4. your dps is low

not matter what you do, you but you will end pulling hate just using Last Stand, even an Anni RNG if use many last stand(like 1x 200-300 TP Coronach then 2-3x Last Stand w/ aftermath up) will pull hate eventually.

Oh, I'm not saying I out-DD a good 119Anni RNG (just the all too common ones who don't shoot fast enough). But with what I do have, I feel like I'm a solid contributor and I rarely run into any hate issues. I do indeed TP in -50 enmity and run a 5-hit. I know a relic is better, but RNG is like my 5th or 6th priority job so I'm just not dedicated enough to it to go make one (though I've been considering it...)

Your "fight doesn't last more than 5 mins" comment is a total exaggeration though. I find that I never have any issue until like the ~18-20min mark. Eventually ANYONE builds up enough CE to pull hate, even a Relic RNG like you said (those Barrages and Last Stands aren't hate-free). Honestly there aren't THAT many NMs that take that long. I'm fine on all D AAs, any Delve NM. I guess VD AA does require a bit more caution though.

Again though, the point here in the relic weapon discussion is that if I can manage it even WITHOUT a relic, surely relic RNG should have very minimal issues.

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I usually toss up Decoy, Sharpshot, and Barrage away, be it with bow or gun, then use camouflage when decoy is down

I used to use Decoy right away before I thought about it more. If everyone's Decoy is down at the same time, that's when it gets more dangerous for a non-relic RNG without the luxury of Coronach/Namas. If I stagger my own Decoy:

1) When mine is down, the other RNGs are planting hate on the tank with their own Decoy.

2) When the other RNG Decoy wears, if mine is up I get two benefits: not generating much enmity of my own on normal /ra, and continuing to help feed enmity to the tank.

As for Barrage (and the inevitable follow-up WS), that's sort of irrelevant to the Decoy discussion since Decoy won't affect Barrage/WS anyway.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-06 17:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ack, sorry double post.