CoP in the lockout
First Page 2
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-28 23:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen about 8 billion posts like this but they're too old so here we go again.

Odin as everyone knows is locked out - meaning it's getting harder and harder to get anything done here no new blood no fresh air etc.
I know a few scattered people around are stuck in weird places in CoP/ZM and ToAU. I am opening this thread in hopes enough of Odin posts in it to get some of this done if not all of it. The days of shouting for them is almost gone so if you meet the following post here to see if others like yourself can get these completed.

1. Do you have a flexible weekend schedule.
2. Are you willing to follow someone elses lead.
3. Do your game events allow you hours of free time or will your LS allow you to be free for the purpose of CoP/ZM/ToAU
4. Are you dedicated enough to deal with trial error and failure. (Sometimes serious failure hey, it happens)
5. Are you on Odin.

I am personally starting a CoP static for anyone who wants to go with them otherwise this can be a thread anyone can use to create their own in their own time zones/languages etc.
Best of luck to all you can contact me in ffxi if you like, but the forum would likely be better unless you intend to join my group personally. Best of luck and see you in FFXI ~Mari
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-29 00:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We have the same problem in Bahamut. My recent LS helped me get up to sky in two days, but CoP? I'm stuck at Vahzl, almost everyone I know is stuck at Ouryu...Ugh. I don't care about RMT anymore, new people will stimulate our economies.
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 00:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree completely but with Odin it was populace problems absolute lock out for us =/
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-29 00:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume Bahamut is the same. RMT was also a 'major' problem, too. if it was just a populace problem, they could have brought back other servers or spread people across others.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-29 01:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks to be you two guys then.
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-29 01:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really Korpg, I think the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-29 02:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What benefits?
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-29 02:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We're practically clear of RMT.
When you go to claim some NM, you're competing against real players.
The economy is stable and you don't have people manipulating AH (Check the Odin CPI).
When certain people of dislike leave the server they can't come back.

gtg home i'll add to this later
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-29 02:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are damn lucky. Bahamut still has all of those problems! And instead of keeping people out, its more like we're trapped in. Figuratively speaking.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-07-29 02:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
You guys are damn lucky. Bahamut still has all of those problems! And instead of keeping people out, its more like we're trapped in. Figuratively speaking.

._. qft
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 03:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
We're practically clear of RMT.
When you go to claim some NM, you're competing against real players.
The economy is stable and you don't have people manipulating AH (Check the Odin CPI).
When certain people of dislike leave the server they can't come back.

gtg home i'll add to this later

she is right on that point no denying it it is more stable but it's stagnant (;_;) making anything lower mission wise difficult if you're not near the end

I just want to help the randoms who are stuck in weird places in them I hope I can lend a hand anyway
I just miss the days in east ranfaure crafting staves and poles for noobs XD I'm a goof I know ._.
oh well if I can give back I will still anyone interested leave a post here
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-29 03:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

'eh we still have noobs, they're just very few and far between, there are still lots of people to help on the server

Also don't forget that we've been closed for a long time now where Bahamut is only recently closed.
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 04:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot has changed in Odin. If you know any one needing CoP please direct them here or to me in FFXI

Sorry my personal health problems have no place in a forum - EDITED to remove /idiot moment
[+]
By Odin.Swordoftruth 2009-07-29 04:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/ ready! just /tell
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 04:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Swordoftruth said:
/ ready! just /tell

Short sweet to the point I guess that is why your name is sword huh?
[+]
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 06:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

bump* to give it a bit longer shelf life than the last 80 million like it
 Odin.Dryzt
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-07-29 07:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I still need CoP and ToAU. It'd be nice to do these missions regularly since I only make progress every 1-2 months XD. I tried making a CoP static with LS friends and we started from the very beginning but half of them left the shell/game. we stopped at 4-2 (I myself am on 4-3, lulz). as for ToAU I am stuck on "The Black Coffin"
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 08:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell anyone you know who wants it to sign the page here with their interest, if you want to join the group I am leading you need only send me a /tell in ffxi if you want to make your own send as many people as you can. These threads aren't popular on ffxiah so I have to watch it alot to keep it on the top at least long enough to give it a fair life. Thanks for the bump and the post. ~ Mari
 Siren.Broly
Server: Siren
user: Broly
By Siren.Broly 2009-07-29 08:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its on all servers. Seems not even the newcommers to the game try for CoP. Ive started at the prommies 2x with a static and they both died before i can even get to the missions I need. Im on the Diablo fight. Its worth the effort. I dream of the rajas ring and ethereal earring, lol. Theres so many people out there that need CoP but get burned out on the missions. They are slow going and a pain sometimes, lol. Seeing how you are on a closed server, i can only see one way of trying to do it. Start /sh for CoP missions and see where everyone is at, then try and get a static going from the lowest persons mission. Just get some trustworthy people, lol.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 08:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrithk said:
We have the same problem in Bahamut. My recent LS helped me get up to sky in two days, but CoP? I'm stuck at Vahzl, almost everyone I know is stuck at Ouryu...Ugh. I don't care about RMT anymore, new people will stimulate our economies.

Im on Ouryu :X
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-29 09:20:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP

Random shouts in WG is few to almost none for CoP on Valefor. Most of the "New" people end up in a LS that runs them through pretty much as soon as they get a 75 job. Wish that was the case for me, but I've been stuck on Ouryu for years now.
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 09:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I could help my server is locked out =/ maybe you can shout out in valefor to look at this post might grab some help that way

otherwise sorry to hear that >.<
~Mari

Let's open this to all servers to seek members, go to your Whitegate's in your servers and tell them to look it up it'll shock you how well that works everyone loves this website.

Best of luck and I hope this stays on the fore front long enough to get a few <insert ring of choice here> out there on the servers for ppl who otherwise wouldn't pull it off.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-29 09:32:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Really the biggest problem is trying to be on at the same time as the people that are willing to help. For most of the people that have done it, they don't want to got back a few mission to help others that would semi-static when they all get to the same mission. I'm sure it's like that on other servers too.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-29 09:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS is way ahead of me, so I'm working on establishing my own semi-static. In the mean time I'm farming recollections and whatnot needed. I don't think I should ask for help if I'm not even ready to be helped.
 Valefor.Sheerluck
user: Sheerluck
By Valefor.Sheerluck 2009-07-29 09:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, i feel your pain.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1835#27189
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 09:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz said:
My LS is way ahead of me, so I'm working on establishing my own semi-static. In the mean time I'm farming recollections and whatnot needed. I don't think I should ask for help if I'm not even ready to be helped.

I can't speak for an entire server only for myself - if you need help find me, ifI can't help chances are I can find someone who will.
~Mari

(If you were on my server)
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-07-29 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would advise shouting tbh, you would be surprised how many people on odin still haven't finished or even started for that matter.
I know a few people on or around chapter 5, so i'll direct them to you or this site later when im back from work.

But im confused as you already have done 95% of cop already -.-
 Odin.Marigrim
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-07-29 16:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't for me I completed the CoP story and Zm... (minus Bahamut I'll do it someday not really caring at this point) This is for the fact Odin is locked, and getting help on alot this can sometimes feel impossible. So I am lending a hand. I wouldn't call bahamut 5% of CoP more like... an extra slap around from CoP and ZM to remind you how far you came to complete them. Thanks for sending anyone here that you can this is only to lend a hand ~ Mari

EDIT:
I remember what it's called now, it's the last verse when you complete CoP and ZM (their final missions) you can do the Bahamut V1 starter quest and when it's done you are on the last verse on CoP and ZM in your mission log. Haven't done it but will get to it. A question to whoever reads this is that an extra bit at the end of CoP/ZM or is it actually a part that seals them both? No clue haven't done it.

PS everyone please read the first page :)

EDIT #2
Please forgive me if I sounded rude I swear I don't mean to no sleep in 20+ hours (;_;)
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-07-29 16:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the last quests tying RoZ and CoP together are Storms of Fate (Bv1), Shadows of the Departed (three promy climb), and Apocalypse Nigh. once those are all completed, you will get The Last Verse in your mission logs.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-29 20:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Helpful bump. ^^
First Page 2