Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Lewyo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2018-07-25 18:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So i put together a fast cast set for my Sam and the best i came up with is 46%.

Any thoughts on how i can get more fast cast without going into DM augs and none I lvl gear?.

ItemSet 360224

Acro is auged with 3 FC ea

Smertrios's Mantle has 10 FC
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-25 19:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lewyo said: »
So i put together a fast cast set for my Sam and the best i came up with is 46%.

Any thoughts on how i can get more fast cast without going into DM augs and none I lvl gear?.

ItemSet 360224

Weatherspoon Ring from finishing SoA is 5% with 3% QC
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-26 08:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a point to a specific FC set on Sam. In any real situation they are useless due to Hasso/Seigan effectively halving it's effectiveness anyway.

I guess to get trusts up faster before you begin?

I mean, I have Leyline Gloves and Arjuna's because I use them on other jobs, but I don't know that I would ever do the inventory -x to add the Acro pieces or a FC cape for sam. I guess if sam is your only job and you can afford to lose the inventory.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-26 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Actually it's 6% and 4%!
[+]
 Bismarck.Oppa
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Oppa 2018-07-26 09:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Actually it's 6% and 4%!
Actually it's 5 and 3, +1 is 6 and 4
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2018-07-26 09:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe the weird occasion where you're /nin?
/drk?

also re: nq ring

because *** monster rearing/mog garden, *** coalitions and *** you

(just kidding, i love you)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-26 10:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The penalties from Seigan + Hasso are far too great to make solid use out of Utsusemi. If you need that extra wall of defense, I guess you could go sam/nin with a FC set. You'd be much better off cancelling Seigan/Hasso if you're subbing NIN and using it as needed, as the penalty is harsh. At that point, would be better to change main jobs because NIN sub and SAM main do not mix well at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-26 10:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Why are you still using an NQ ring in 2018?! No excuse.

Because i hate missions/quests. NQ ring forever. Not to mention not doing it x3 for each of my characters lol
By Foxfire 2018-07-26 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

that's what we're saying tho, it's a niche set and if you're looking for reasons to have one, there they are

shrug
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-26 13:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

/nin isn't a reason to have a FC set on sam... If you could get a FC set to compensate for 50% cast time increase on hasso it might. But cancelling Seigan to put up Utsusemi is counter productive because if you're doubling up on Seigan/Utsusemi you're going to be in situations where you just took Seigan down, you put Utsusemi up, and it got wiped and you've got 50 seconds recast to put Seigan back up.

You'd be better off on sam with hella good MDT/Mdef/PDT/DT sets than ever subbing /nin. Hell, even /dnc would be better with a Waltz set.

Same with /drk. If you're riding stun timer on sam/drk, you're doing something wrong. You're party setup is wrong, or you've just gotten to a place you don't want to be.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-07-26 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A fast cast set on any job is nice. It let's you summon trusts faster.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-26 14:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, my point exactly.

Is that worth inventory -4 for 3 pieces of 3% FC Acro and an ambus cape?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-26 14:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For things like Ambuscade (Kamaitachi) or Dynamis, some of those AOE are deadly, but are evaded with shadows. You'd probably never use Seigan unless you pulled hate. If you're dead set on using SAM, it probably makes sense to not use Hasso and benefit from the FC rather than build a set that cancels out the penalty. So it's not a horrible idea if your sam is good enough. You'd be trading dps for survivability, but sam would be alright, given it's other useful skills. That's the only way that would be practical, imo
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-26 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair point Buukki. If you're dead set on playing sam for that content, then I think that would be the way to go then. Just don't even use Hasso/Seigan and use FC set.

In that case, I would probably focus on recast I think, Haste gear is much more readily abundant. 20% FC on precast is about all that is needed to get shadows up in between hits.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-26 14:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear haste can be capped without even really trying. It should go without saying that a midcast set for Utsu should be capping gear haste.
By Foxfire 2018-07-26 15:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
that's what we're saying tho, it's a niche set and if you're looking for reasons to have one, there they are

shrug
i never said i advocate for them, but if someone's dead-set on making one, you can use it in those instances
i'm not arguing validity of the FC set, just eyeballing reasons anyone would use one

y'all need to relax
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-26 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lewyo said: »

ItemSet 360224

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Yes, my point exactly.

Is that worth inventory -4 for 3 pieces of 3% FC Acro and an ambus cape?

Acro with Snapshot/Rapidshot +5, then make 3 extra capes: snapshot, Ranged TP Cape, and Namas Arrow Cape. Perfect use of inv space!
 Asura.Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2018-07-26 16:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a point to a specific FC set on Sam. In any real situation they are useless due to Hasso/Seigan effectively halving it's effectiveness anyway.

I guess to get trusts up faster before you begin?

I mean, I have Leyline Gloves and Arjuna's because I use them on other jobs, but I don't know that I would ever do the inventory -x to add the Acro pieces or a FC cape for sam. I guess if sam is your only job and you can afford to lose the inventory.

I do agree that in the vast majority of content you will always go /war and use Seigan third eye to save yourself from time to time but this is something that a Samurai does not want to maintain through a prolonged period of time I.E 1.5h of Dynamis wave 3.

In trying to maintain Seigan third eye though this prolonged period of time results in stopping every 30s to reapply third eye thus slowing down and breaking up Samurai momentum, There is also the added danger that your third eye will go down when your recast timer is far away.

If utsusemi shadows do not get removed they last for 15mins, Everyone knows that will never happen but you can keep Hasso up full time when Utsusemi is on.

There are of course pro's and cons for both /War and /Nin and i myself have not used /Nin on Sam for many years but i feel /Nin is the way to go if your aiming to clear dyna wave 3 fetters and avoid that 1 shot death moment.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-26 19:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fetters wipe shadows, so would do nothing for you there. Their moves are magical.
 Asura.Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2018-07-27 06:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fetters wipe shadows, so would do nothing for you there. Their moves are magical.

You are right that the damage that fetters do is AoE elemental damage but the comment i made above about the clearing the fetters does include the 8 fomor's that guard them unless you sack pull them away and kill the fetter before they can return.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-27 08:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as Masa except you swap out Zanhasso gear for Kendatsuba if you're hitting 3000 TP too much.

Pretty Similar to this (this set is not perfect)
ItemSet 354068

Alts:
dedition earring
kasuga domaru +1
ryuo hakama +1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 09:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide is kept up to date and lists the current Max TP Gear Sets. Niqmaddu > Petrov

SAM GUIDE
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-27 11:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Buukki the dude that asked the question is the guy writing the guide... :D

How did I forget Niqmaddu ring?!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 11:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Buukki the dude that asked the question is the guy writing the guide... :D

They are not the same. View history of the guide I linked (not the one on the main page) is Modos/Gensoku/Foxfire with other contributers like Spicyryan. Why would the writer of the guide ask what is the best set...
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-27 11:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, damn. I read DirectX as Foxfire.... twice.

My Dyslexia is in overdrive today. :D

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2018-07-27 13:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

....i have an avatar, though?

only make ryou legs+1 if you're making the zerg build - e.g. no accuracy requirements
By Afania 2018-07-27 14:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The penalties from Seigan + Hasso are far too great to make solid use out of Utsusemi. If you need that extra wall of defense, I guess you could go sam/nin with a FC set. You'd be much better off cancelling Seigan/Hasso if you're subbing NIN and using it as needed, as the penalty is harsh. At that point, would be better to change main jobs because NIN sub and SAM main do not mix well at all.

This.....

There are 12345678 DD in game with better synergy with shadows than a job that rely on hasso for ja haste. THF is pretty damn strong as 1h DD and like all other 1h it has good synergy with shadows. DRK and DRG has ja haste without having to rely on hasso. I haven't check spreadsheet but theres a possibility that war fencer savage build also beat 2h without ja haste up.

That being said, it is possible to clear entire wave 3 and boss without shadows at all, just use wilt, and turtle a bit more on war mob(I think volte cleaver is their name), then you can probably live through it. Our 2h never sub NIN for wave 3, although on cor I personally feel a lot more safe with shadows so they do help, just not essential for wins.

On megaboss /drg may save you more than shadows because capped hate is usually what kills people. Some report bosses randomly use deadly aoes, but they seem to be random as hell since there are also groups never see deadly aoe move entire run.

20% FC on precast is about all that is needed to get shadows up in between hits.

This may be the case for ni, probably not the case for ichi. Unless you have capped spell interruption set I do think getting close to 80% is important for ichi. Since ichi overwrites ichi but not ni I tend to priorize ichi and just spam them for situations that I need to tank thinks then use ni as backup. I can usually keep shadows up forever that way unless the mob has adds or wipes shadows.

Cant count how many times having capped fc for ichi saved my ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 153 154 155