Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 153 154 155
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-07-12 02:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 359982

So I'm curious. I'm still working towards a lot of my end gear goals and what not; But I'm wondering if...I'm hurting myself a bit more by using non-ilvl -DT items? Not that I have much of a choice atm but would it be slightly better to use like, Augmented Acro's for ex. over the lower lvl, more -DT items like Arhat's?
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-07-12 02:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the eva and meva of 119 gear plus stat boost will help more than that minus -dt gear at least on the 5 main slots, the other gear minus head/body is fine (although the back w/ ambu would be better), the hands probably aren't helping over flamma +2 either with the difference in stats, depends on what your tp gear is on if its helping or hurting for hands/legs/back
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-07-12 02:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
Yes, the eva and meva of 119 gear plus stat boost will help more than that minus -dt gear at least on the 5 main slots, the other gear minus head/body is fine (although the back w/ ambu would be better), the hands probably aren't helping over flamma +2 either with the difference in stats, depends on what your tp gear is on if its helping or hurting for hands/legs/back
ItemSet 359779

This is my current TP gear, Legs are Path D (Acc/STP/PDT) Feet are Path D (STR/ATK/Crit rate) I have a Moonbeam Cape as well, but I was more leaning towards possibly 0 dmg anulls, etc. As for Ambu cape, I have a WS one atm (STR+20 WS+10. Working on other stats still.) but haven't gotten around to it and whatnot because I was saving Hallmarks and what not for: Buying +1 Hizamaru legs to +2 them with, and gearing up RUN/Geo with the base/+1 gear. I almost have enough fibers to +2 my Flamma head or feet (Both +1, I figured Head +2 would be better for the TA and whatnot.)
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-07-12 02:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The anulls are very unpredictable but it would be better to use moonbeam till you can get -pdt or -dt on your ambu cape, hands will help over your current to, I wouldn't switch the body/head around though, you might gain -13% dt but you're prob gonna take alot more than 13% more base damage without all the stat boosts. FYI flamma > hiza for sam minus hiza legs for WS and yes the flamma+2 head is pretty much end game in almost all tp sets for sam, good choice to focus on it. Hopefully that helps.

A big part of sam's dps is hitting a 4 hit build, im not 100% sure what kind of store tp it takes for a 437 delay but losing store tp once you get it there may not be worth it unless you are full blown tanking the mobs. I only use the -dt stuff when i either pull hate/tank mode or if i have time to switch for a large aoe move (usually my reaction time fails there tho! hah)
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-07-12 02:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, really now. So should I be getting Flamma body/hands? (Do I need hands w/ AF+2?) And the advice is a big help! I'm not really JP'd on anything (SAM is my highest at like, 39?) so I'm having a hard time soloing stuff like, Tenzen etc for upgrades myself. For a TP Cape, I was thinking like... DEX+20 Acc/ATK and I think DA+10 or DT?
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-07-12 02:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have both DA and DT on tp cape now, you'll prob want store tp in the long run but start off with DA till you can work on a X-hit build, and the af hands are really nice stick with those, but flamma's store tp is a huge help in the long run
By Foxfire 2018-07-12 14:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The arhat's gear is definitely hurting you a lot more than it helps in ilv content - you're sacrificing far too much defense for the PDT.

If you haven't obtained AF+2/3 body, I'd say look into Vagary body or the HTBF Diabolos variant body (Tartarus Platemail, Chozoron Coselete, respectively). There's also the unity 119 Scorpion Harness variant (Emet Harness / +1) which is an OK filler piece for multiple jobs, imo.

For hands, the sakonji hands+1 are OK, though for a hybrid setup I'd recommend keeping the AF hands unless you're fulltiming Seigan, or something.

For head, you can look into the UNM drops Blistering Sallet / +1 or Loess Barbuta / +1 (though Loess is a harder UNM).

For legs, you can look @ Sakonji Haidate / +1 for MDT and seigan specific bonuses, but Ryuo's PDT is fine too.

Back piece, you're definitely better off using Moonbeam/Smertrios's with a P/DT aug until you can cap out elsewhere, thus making the annul setup more viable, I suppose.

If you can do SR, there's also options like Amm Greaves (5% DT with the aug), Loyalist sabatons (5% pdt iirc?), some founder pieces (one's pdt, other is mdt, or something).

I'd also recommend changing your jelly ring for a Gelatinous Ring / +1 at the least to mitigate the +5% MDT to +2/+1% at the most.

Hope this helps.
 Asura.Cloudblade
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-07-12 16:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A big part of sam's dps is hitting a 4 hit build, im not 100% sure what kind of store tp it takes for a 437 delay but losing store tp once you get it there may not be worth it unless you are full blown tanking the mobs.

With cap stp merits and master sam, 57 stp in gear (253 tp/hit) let me WS in 54 stp (248 tp for a single hit) and keep a 4 hit without Amano's AM up. With the addition of Sakonji Domaru +3, you get much more freedom with overwhelm ws's giving an extra 50 tp (298 tp).
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-07-12 16:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
The arhat's gear is definitely hurting you a lot more than it helps in ilv content - you're sacrificing far too much defense for the PDT.

If you haven't obtained AF+2/3 body, I'd say look into Vagary body or the HTBF Diabolos variant body (Tartarus Platemail, Chozoron Coselete, respectively). There's also the unity 119 Scorpion Harness variant (Emet Harness / +1) which is an OK filler piece for multiple jobs, imo.

For hands, the sakonji hands+1 are OK, though for a hybrid setup I'd recommend keeping the AF hands unless you're fulltiming Seigan, or something.

For head, you can look into the UNM drops Blistering Sallet / +1 or Loess Barbuta / +1 (though Loess is a harder UNM).

For legs, you can look @ Sakonji Haidate / +1 for MDT and seigan specific bonuses, but Ryuo's PDT is fine too.

Back piece, you're definitely better off using Moonbeam/Smertrios's with a P/DT aug until you can cap out elsewhere, thus making the annul setup more viable, I suppose.

If you can do SR, there's also options like Amm Greaves (5% DT with the aug), Loyalist sabatons (5% pdt iirc?), some founder pieces (one's pdt, other is mdt, or something).

I'd also recommend changing your jelly ring for a Gelatinous Ring / +1 at the least to mitigate the +5% MDT to +2/+1% at the most.

Hope this helps.
Atm, I don't have access to Vagary; or do omen all that much. (Last weekend was my first trip inside for a card farm, where I got the +2 hands) I was going to grab the +2 legs for WS purposes next, but since Hizamaru Legs aren't far off now, they might be better until i can actually +3 Wakido legs, and grab the +2 body next instead? I was gonna snag the Voidwatch DT body (Still not ilvl'd.) But I suppose that's not much better either, yeah? I can work on the UNMs, I didn't even notice those or the higher level SH! I mainly started to question it because even though I had a lot of -PDT, I was still getting my face punched in by stuff like, D Ambu and what not :T
I do appreciate all the input as well!
By Foxfire 2018-07-12 17:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hiza+2 are stronger than wakido+2, so you can hold off while you get the cards

you're free to do the order you want, though
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-12 23:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said: »
ItemSet 359779

This is my current TP gear, Legs are Path D (Acc/STP/PDT) Feet are Path D (STR/ATK/Crit rate) I have a Moonbeam Cape as well, but I was more leaning towards possibly 0 dmg anulls, etc. As for Ambu cape, I have a WS one atm (STR+20 WS+10. Working on other stats still.) but haven't gotten around to it and whatnot because I was saving Hallmarks and what not for: Buying +1 Hizamaru legs to +2 them with, and gearing up RUN/Geo with the base/+1 gear. I almost have enough fibers to +2 my Flamma head or feet (Both +1, I figured Head +2 would be better for the TA and whatnot.)
Some of these are probably obvious upgrades, but ginsen, kasuga +1 body, and flamma feet + ring. the feet are a big acc bonus over ryuo which you'll probably need to get some of the stronger pieces, or to get JP for ken. Flamma ring is better than rajas with a +2 piece like the head. If you can get a cessance, you can pair with brutal too.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-07-12 23:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Phoenix.Uzugami said: »
ItemSet 359779

Some of these are probably obvious upgrades, but ginsen, kasuga +1 body, and flamma feet + ring. the feet are a big acc bonus over ryuo which you'll probably need to get some of the stronger pieces, or to get JP for ken. Flamma ring is better than rajas with a +2 piece like the head. If you can get a cessance, you can pair with brutal too.
I have +1 feet, I use them more in a higher acc set since right now I don't really do any content higher than i125 (And that's UNM.) I haven't done Vagary to unlock Kasuga, can I lowman that assuming I get the three people to take me in? I can +2 either the Flamma head or feet right now, but it'll set me back a bit on buying/making the +2 Hizamaru legs for WS, so not sure if that's worth (I can still get both it'll take just some time to get one or the other, so I was aiming for the legs since 4k is longer to get than 2k is.)
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-07-13 01:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Zanshin cap 100%? If so, what's a starred SAM's native Zanshin rate before gear?

ItemSet 358403

This is my current TP set while I work on a Masamune. I'm wondering if I bother TPing in Kasuga Domaru +1 for the Zanshin if I keep Aftermath up, or just remain in Ken body? I don't really need the STP unless I'm not in front of the mob for Sakonji Domaru +3 to proc.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-13 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Base rate @99 is 50%, base rate with 1200 JP is 60% if you have either Hasso or Seigan up.

Caps at 100%.

Very easy to find on BG Wiki. Swapping out the body in question here would take you from 84% Zanshin to 96%.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-07-13 13:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Base rate @99 is 50%, base rate with 1200 JP is 60% if you have either Hasso or Seigan up.

Caps at 100%.

Very easy to find on BG Wiki. Swapping out the body in question here would take you from 84% Zanshin to 96%.

That's where I'm confused. Someone told me the "With Hasso/Seigan up" ones don't count towards base Zanshin, you add that 10% only to the (Zanshin rate)/4 equation when Hasso/Seigan is up.

Here are the JP gifts I gathered from BG:

If it counts towards base, that's +20% alone from Job Gifts isn't it?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-13 13:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So. I did say, 60% base if you have either Hasso or Seigan up.

the (Zanshin rate)/4 is only for calculating your chance to proc zanshin on a hit. The wording of the JP gift says increases maximum chance of Zanshin, even when a melee attack hits by 5%. I guess that could mean that it only increases zanshin procs on hits. Then the question would be, is the equation for Zanshin on hits (Zanshin Rate + Gifts) / 4 or is it (Zanshin Rate) / 4 + Gifts

I don't know where you got 20% from, 100 JP is 5% and 1200 is 5%, that's 10%.

Edit: Totally forgot about the random gifts (non 100, 1200 JP). Yeah, so 60% base + whatever the 100/1200 JP gift means.

Edit2: I think the wording on the gift for Seigan is pretty clearly that it only affects the counter rate. The wording of the gift with regards to Hasso though is very poor. Based on the effect with Seigan it probably only means the hit + Zanshin rate, but the wording all but explicitly states a global 5% increase imo.
By Foxfire 2018-07-13 14:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure the hasso bonus just increases the maximum zanshin rate to 35% as opposed to the typical 25% innit
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-13 17:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to accept that that is the case, I'm just saying the wording doesn't say that.
By Foxfire 2018-07-13 18:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

that's what it says, though?

Hasso: increases the maximum chance of Zanshin activating, even when a melee attack hits, by 5%.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-13 18:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Take out the words in between the commas.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-13 21:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's +10% after the /4, very easy to check out.

(Zanshin/4) + Gifts + Equipment Bonus

So if someone has 100 Zanshin
(100/4) + 10 + Equipment (like +10 from the feet) = 45% Proc Rate.

It's roll at the very end after QA/TA/DA/OaX and with Ikishoten gives about the same TP return as a Triple Attack. Because DA can proc first and a DA is weaker TP return wise it's something people need to build around.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-14 09:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When your fTP is 7, fotia doesn't give you +10% WSD, it gives you significantly less. Fotia does give +0.1, whereas the other items do actually multiply fTP by their percentage.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-14 11:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 2018 and people still confused with Fotia and how sea gorgets work.

WSD +10% is a very bad translation because it gets confused with the actual Weapon Skill Damage multiplier. It's +100/1024 to the fTP multiplier for the WS, makes it useful in some instances and not useful in others. It's not WSD and shouldn't be confused with +WSD.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2018-07-14 13:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

been trying out the zanhasso tp build with some fellow sams in my ls and we are loving it, questio n came up though whether or not there was a cap on zanshin. figured there was no better place to ask than here.
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2018-07-14 13:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

and im seeing all the stuff i missed earlier today lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-07-25 13:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a Yoichi for shits and giggles. It's not for serious/full-time use or anything. Though it would be cool if the new Augments did something favorable for melee as well.

Just wondering if I'm missing anything for Namas. I was going to aim for this build right here. I wasn't sure about my second ring. Apate or Garuda's +1 is good, but I figured I'd need the RACC to make up for the Body/Legs. At least the legs gain a set effect in combination with the ring/feet.

ItemSet 360220

Maybe use Kenda+1 Body for higher accuracy.

Some people might be asking why.
The WAR part of me loves having different weapons/tools for different situations. Also because I feel like it.

It appears Utu Grip works on it. I could be wrong though.

Doing trials right now:
Capped Namas on Dusk Lizard without grip was 5262
Capped Namas on Dusk Lizard with grip was 5653
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 153 154 155