Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 153 154 155
By Vaerix 2023-06-04 09:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

diaferia said: »
For ryuo sune-ate +1 in a zanhasso build, whats the best path augment path?

Path C for the extra STP.
By Hopalong 2023-06-05 18:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
on Sortie Ghatjot everything goes fine using Fudo > Fudo or 4 step fudo/kasha/shoha/fudo (thats no water damage right?) then it hits me with Clobbering Wave for 3500+ or another run 5500+.

Could it be Monbereaux is out or it is stacking poison tiers on me? Not so much good info on it. I'm not doing water damage or trusts attacking except maybe Monb dark potion (which I didnt see use in log).

Coming back to this it was as simple as getting the A metal objective which changes the Poison debuff you get to something much tamer (removeable and weaker) and I suspect if the debuff is on you there is a damage multiplier on Clobbering Wave.

Currently just using Shanttoto II and Robel Akbel to get the magic kills for the A metal on Samurai. Any other solo sam method out there to get that objective more reliably?
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-06 10:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also make sure the chain is still going after fudo - kasha since shoha to fudo on its own is distortion and you will get one shot ko.

If in doubt best to wait or start again from kasha for a 3 step.
By Taint 2023-06-06 10:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Poison is a stacking mechanic. You need to kill him fast or have Metal to remove the poison.

* I added this to BGwiki for future reference.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-06 10:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Quote:
on Sortie Ghatjot everything goes fine using Fudo > Fudo or 4 step fudo/kasha/shoha/fudo (thats no water damage right?) then it hits me with Clobbering Wave for 3500+ or another run 5500+.

Could it be Monbereaux is out or it is stacking poison tiers on me? Not so much good info on it. I'm not doing water damage or trusts attacking except maybe Monb dark potion (which I didnt see use in log).

Coming back to this it was as simple as getting the A metal objective which changes the Poison debuff you get to something much tamer (removeable and weaker) and I suspect if the debuff is on you there is a damage multiplier on Clobbering Wave.

Currently just using Shanttoto II and Robel Akbel to get the magic kills for the A metal on Samurai. Any other solo sam method out there to get that objective more reliably?

Magic burst work for metal A?
Or is it a regular nuke from the trust?
By SimonSes 2023-06-06 10:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Also make sure the chain is still going after fudo - kasha since shoha to fudo on its own is distortion and you will get one shot ko.

If in doubt best to wait or start again from kasha for a 3 step.

I wouldn't use fudo>kasha>shoha>fudo on A boss anyway. Just spam Jinpu (after one ageha). It murders it. Now if you want 4 step light then kagero>koki>shoha>fudo and (can start with ages for 5 step and you should at least once for def down ofc).
[+]
By Taint 2023-06-06 11:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Quote:

Killed with Magic. So burst or regular nuke. Shanttoto II works fine for solo runs but you'll need to be patient. Need 6 magic kills for metal A.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-06-06 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Quote:

Magic Bursts work, used to be the way we did it before changing our strat.
 Asura.Comptonterry
Server: Asura
user: Emoneyz
By Asura.Comptonterry 2023-06-06 21:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I use Ryou Sun-ate +1 or Valorous Greaves (2 acc, 2 attk, 20 mag acc, 20 mattk, 3% quad attack in my zanshin build?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-07 02:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you pretty much answered yourself.
If it's a Zanshin focused build, you want only zanshin and no other forms of multiattack, since they have higher priority and, as such, produce the result of slightly lowering the chance for hassanshin to proc.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2023-06-08 13:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having issiues with macros for ws's.

I get an error that says "/say /ws "Tachi: Fudo" <stnpc>"

My macro is written like this /ws "Tachi: Fudo" <stnpc>

Any idea why this is happening.
gekko and jinpu give the same error shoha and ageha work. all written the same way
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-06-08 14:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What error?
or is the /ws showing up in say chat?
By Taint 2023-06-08 15:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
I am having issiues with macros for ws's.

I get an error that says "/say /ws "Tachi: Fudo" <stnpc>"

My macro is written like this /ws "Tachi: Fudo" <stnpc>

Any idea why this is happening.
gekko and jinpu give the same error shoha and ageha work. all written the same way

There is a space somewhere in your macro or you copy and pasted it.

Delete the line and type it again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Puddykat
Server: Lakshmi
user: Puddykat
By Lakshmi.Puddykat 2023-06-08 21:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove the space between ":" and "Fudo"
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-06-08 21:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You should also be able to use the tab key to bring up the auto translated Tachi:Fudo as well just to be doubly sure on the spelling/spacing if you wanted. It’s most likely a spelling error though like Taint said
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2023-06-12 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Recent returner to game here. What order should I upgrade my Empy to +3? If have most of my Nyame at R20 if that means anything. Thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-12 15:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it's legs>body>head.
but also interested in confirmation as currently gearing sam.
By Dodik 2023-06-12 15:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hands->body/legs->head->feet in my opinion.

I'd go for body before legs too.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-06-12 16:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did hands > body > (working on) legs > head.
 Cerberus.Gahlek
Server: Cerberus
user: Gahlek
By Cerberus.Gahlek 2023-06-12 18:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex >>> Think it's legs>body>head.
but also interested in confirmation as currently gearing sam.

I did legs first, too. Opens up hands from the "Hasso" slot formally taken by Wakido Kote +3 and immediately adds much needed DT- to engaged set.

Body was next.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-06-12 18:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gahlek said: »
I did legs first, too. Opens up hands from the "Hasso" slot formally taken by Wakido Kote +3 and immediately adds much needed DT- to engaged set.

Body was next.

Assuming you're doing +2s first, as you probably should, Kasuga Haidate +2 already replace Wakido Kote +3.

I'd do all four of Empy head/body/hands/legs to +2 before anything else. Not hugely important which order IMO, since you can knock out all four pieces in a few runs or less (depending on your group). Even solo with highly unoptimized strategies, it's not going to take you long. But get em all. I think I did Body > Legs > Hands > Head, but whatever order works.

Then for +3... I'd actually go for WSD+12 hands before anything else, especially for those who don't have Nyame B path R25+ hands yet. The jump from whatever you were using to Empy+2 gear is very big, but the incremental improvement from Empy +2 to +3 for TP stats is fairly modest - hands having a significant WSD/STR boost for your Fudo sets from going to Empy+3 hands is a more meaningful upgrade than slightly better TP stats, IMO.

+2 head/body/legs already gives you a very strong TP set with a ton of DT- (DT-32% just from those three slots with +2 gear, toss in a JSE cape and Mpaca hands/feet and you're PDT- capped for more defensive situations). Of course moving to Empy+3 TP gear is nice, but acc/atk+10 and an extra point of STP and DT isn't fundamentally changing anything you do. I guess Body is a higher +3 priority to me over head/legs though, since they all add acc/atk/STP/DT at similar rate... but Body also has GK skill and Zanshin, so you get some more bang for your buck.

TL;DR:
Do all the +2s first (except feet)
Then +3 hands > body > legs = head
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-06-12 22:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot take, for situations where you can make use of PDL (Old content, MLs). Empy feet are one of the few pieces of PDL Sam has access to.
[+]
By zixxer 2023-06-12 22:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 set is awesome for landing Ageha def down effect.
By Foxfire 2023-06-13 00:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally did legs>body>hands>head>feet for +2, just to have a more durable TP set for less tiering on my end, but for +3 I did hands>legs>body>head. feet are +2 but haven't necessitated the +3 yet because I don't get to SAM as much these days, so i'm content with my normal wsd-oriented sets rather than PDL.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-13 05:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Body was next.

Assuming you're doing +2s first, as you probably should, Kasuga Haidate +2 already replace Wakido Kote +3.

I'd do all four of Empy head/body/hands/legs to +2 before anything else. Not hugely important which order IMO, since you can knock out all four pieces in a few runs or less (depending on your group). Even solo with highly unoptimized strategies, it's not going to take you long. But get em all. I think I did Body > Legs > Hands > Head, but whatever order works.

Then for +3... I'd actually go for WSD+12 hands before anything else, especially for those who don't have Nyame B path R25+ hands yet. The jump from whatever you were using to Empy+2 gear is very big, but the incremental improvement from Empy +2 to +3 for TP stats is fairly modest - hands having a significant WSD/STR boost for your Fudo sets from going to Empy+3 hands is a more meaningful upgrade than slightly better TP stats, IMO.

+2 head/body/legs already gives you a very strong TP set with a ton of DT- (DT-32% just from those three slots with +2 gear, toss in a JSE cape and Mpaca hands/feet and you're PDT- capped for more defensive situations). Of course moving to Empy+3 TP gear is nice, but acc/atk+10 and an extra point of STP and DT isn't fundamentally changing anything you do. I guess Body is a higher +3 priority to me over head/legs though, since they all add acc/atk/STP/DT at similar rate... but Body also has GK skill and Zanshin, so you get some more bang for your buck.

TL;DR:
I got the tatenshi (spl check, the shinryu i1vl stuff). Would the same priority order still apply? I was eyeballing the stuff (and I have never played sam before my recent return) and I'm seeing slight gains in the +3 set over some of the tatenshi(shinryu) gear. But I'm probably super wrong.

Edit: some context to my question, limited ability to upgrade +2 emp sets to +3. Have other jobs like mnk, war, drk, pld, blu. So if some of the sam +3 empyrean compared to tatenshi set is only a minor upgrade, ill do it later. The +3 war and MNK empyrean blow away other options for the situations I would use them.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-13 06:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tatenashi doesn't drop from Shinryu? Not sure what you meant there °-°

My suggested upgrade order for +2 is Legs > Body > Head > Hands
My suggested upgrade order for +3 is Hands > Legs > Body > Head

Feet are pretty unique, they are one of the few pieces with PDL and it also comes with loads of acc and att. It bears the same pros/cons of any other PDL piece though. It's potentially very powerful, but requires specific situations for you to be able to benefit from it.

I see head as mostly a piece to use in defensive sets.
Legs/Body instead will be your to-go pieces to equip pretty much in every TP set. They provide loads of acc/att and other useful DD stats, but also a lot of DT. Legs in particular allow you to skip Relic Hands to boost your Hasso.

Tatenashi pieces are nice, but Legs become unviable because you want to use Empy+3 legs now. Hands and Feet are two very nice glass-cannon pieces. They have very powerful DD stats but at the expense of defensive ones.
Furthermore, if you want to build up a Zanshin dedicated set, you don't want multiattack stats in your gear.
Multiattack takes priority over Hassanshin procs, which means the more multiattack you have, the less chances for Zanshin to proc.
Hassanshin might appearently look similar to a weaker doubleattack that only procs in base attack and not WS, as such you might get the idea that's it's weaker than QA, TA or even DA.
But thanks to Ikishoten Merits, every Hassanshin attack generates a huge amount of TP compared to normal attacks and multiattack, and this is what makes them so incredibly attractive.

I think atm Zanshin build is the most powerful TP meta for SAM, but this doesn't mean previous or mixed approaches suck, they're simply inferior and that's it.
The choice is up to you, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the situation.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-13 07:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
I got the tatenshi (spl check, the shinryu i1vl stuff). Would the same priority order still apply? I was eyeballing the stuff (and I have never played sam before my recent return) and I'm seeing slight gains in the +3 set over some of the tatenshi(shinryu) gear. But I'm probably super wrong.

Edit: some context to my question, limited ability to upgrade +2 emp sets to +3. Have other jobs like mnk, war, drk, pld, blu. So if some of the sam +3 empyrean compared to tatenshi set is only a minor upgrade, ill do it later. The +3 war and MNK empyrean blow away other options for the situations I would use them.

You might be overlooking defensive value of empy+3. If you go with mostly Tatenashi/Flamma to any end game content, you will die from first TP move.

Empy+2/3 Legs/body/head and Hassozanshin is a new standard for me and I wouldn't even consider anything else for anything serious on SAM. It even bother me to wear Ryuo feet and mpaca's gloves in TP set. I don't like that low meva, but it's just something that I need to accept on SAM TP set. For Hybrid set I switch feet and hands to Nyame B, but both DA+ and less Zanshin hurts my soul.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-13 11:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't imagine how many deaths I'd have without Empy head/body/legs as standard in TP sets.

Glass canon doesn't work anymore, not with the amount of dmg mobs put out.
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2023-06-13 12:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm super duper lazy so I go with zanshin set as base and tate stuff in mid set for anything not Gaol or Sortie basement bosses. The hard stuff I just use hybrid set. I love my empy set <3
By zixxer 2023-06-13 13:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Body was next.

TL;DR:

I always had a glass cannon set with mostly tatenashi for a zanhasso tp set. But if find zero uses now thanks to Empy. Now that macro has been replaced with /slap.

The benefits of the empy sam, grants easy cap to dt, high enough meva, and good offense. This means you can stay in the middle of heavy damage fights like other heavy dd jobs can.

As far as offense go, it's capable of hitting 10+ mil damage in a seg farm.
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 153 154 155