Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Bony
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bony 2023-03-28 11:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anybody be able to help explain like I'm 5 as to why the Ryuo Sune-Ate +1 is being used more than Tatenashi Sune-Ate +1 R15?

Is the Zanshin: double-attack really that affective? Was trying to understand why, thanks in advance
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-03-28 11:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ikishoten adds another 150 TP, before STP.
you can get 25% zanshin rate without missing.
Which means you can get something like 500tp per hit by focusing on Zanshin build.

Remember than Zanshin comes after QA/TA/DA, so it's better not to put too much TA/DA on
[+]
By Taint 2023-03-28 12:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bony said: »
Would anybody be able to help explain like I'm 5 as to why the Ryuo Sune-Ate +1 is being used more than Tatenashi Sune-Ate +1 R15?

Is the Zanshin: double-attack really that affective? Was trying to understand why, thanks in advance

You focus on Zanshin rate and STP. Ryuo Sune-Ate +1 has an 11% chance of that same Zanshin proc doing a second attack round.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-03-29 04:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
You focus on Zanshin rate and STP. Ryuo Sune-Ate +1 has an 11% chance of that same Zanshin proc doing a second attack round.

Which makes them around +3.85% additional Zanhasso attack with 100% Zanshin build and Zanhasso proc is generally at least as much valuable as triple attack proc (more TP, but less white damage). So in general that's why they are slightly better than Tatanashi in full Zanshin build.
[+]
 Asura.Bony
By Asura.Bony 2023-03-29 08:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is great and makes sense, thanks guys for the explanation @Noscrying @Taint @SimonSes
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-04-02 15:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you master level 30+ are there any situations where /drk is more beneficial than /drg ?
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-04-02 15:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need the attack from smite/attack bonus/last resort, Generally rely on other buffs for pdif tho so probably rare.
By Taint 2023-04-02 15:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
If you master level 30+ are there any situations where /drk is more beneficial than /drg ?

I use SAM/DRK in Sortie. I want to pull hate (we melee burn A-G) and stun/bash are very useful.
By Hopalong 2023-04-17 12:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any recommendations to solo with trusts Omen > Fu as 35 mastery Sam with Koga or Masa?

Ended up soloing Niqmadddu on second try.

I thought the Gorgers would be an issue but I had:

Glassy Gorger which I just used Arciela, Ajido, and Koru to dispel.
Glassy Thinker which went down faster just used Sehlteus and turned on pain sync.

1st try:
Fu one-shotted me with magic after ebullient nullification. Raised up, changed hybrid set a little and stayed in hybrid almost whole time which slowed fight down and could see what was happening better. Ended up beating him with less than 1 second on clock, zoned out as drops dropped.

2nd try:
Changed up hybrid set more to be high hp 3886 and high mdef/meva.

Sam/run
Masamune full DD until Fu.
Used Grape Daifuku until Fu then antacid then Miso Ramen.

Trusts on Fu:
Brygid, Koru, Ygnas, Selhteus, Monbereaux (paid)

Changed to Kogarasumaru and Hybrid set, buffed pro1, shell1, aquaveil, barstone, barpoison, regen, ran in Flash > Hit > positioned away from trusts.

Seigan > Third Eye > Ignis > Ignis > Valiation > Meditation > Hasso > DD set and Rana 300 tp.

When saw aga's inc changed to Hybrid set then back to DD.
When saw mighty strikes did Hybrid set > Seigan > Third Eye ran away a bit then TE again until mighty strikes wore off then back to DD.

Same thing on subsequent Ebullient Nullifications and also kept aftermath and Vali/Valla up.

Finished with 23min left and ring dropped.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-05-08 18:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed Kin on Samurai.

Sam/run
Seafood Gratin

Arciela
Monbereaux (not paid oops)
Selhteus
Ygnas
Sylvie

Rune Enchantments/Valiation/Vallation.
Masamune/TPset 4 step skillchains.
Target > Tank set > run to Monb and get cover.

Have to really push damage or time will run out, took like 30min.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-09 03:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Soloed Kin on Samurai.

Sam/run
Seafood Gratin

Arciela
Monbereaux (not paid oops)
Selhteus
Ygnas
Sylvie

Rune Enchantments/Valiation/Vallation.
Masamune/TPset 4 step skillchains.
Target > Tank set > run to Monb and get cover.

Have to really push damage or time will run out, took like 30min.

Not sure if I mentioned that earlier, but Lute has videos of soloing Omen bosses on various jobs, including every boss cleared on SAM (before empy +2/3 afaik). So if you are looking for an inspiration for going further, it's very good stuff to watch.
By Hopalong 2023-05-09 19:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its easier these days even though I don't have odyssey equips augmented and no +3 stuff. Mainly recording here so if someone needs some tips they can find them.

Omen bosses are a very cool challenge for solo because you can attempt 3-4 times in a row.

I've been doing them to gear up my alt and just to have some fun on Sam :)

I'll check out Lutes stuff, thanks for the tip!
By Hopalong 2023-05-09 19:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of solo, on Sortie Ghatjot everything goes fine using Fudo > Fudo or 4 step fudo/kasha/shoha/fudo (thats no water damage right?) then it hits me with Clobbering Wave for 3500+ or another run 5500+.

Could it be Monbereaux is out or it is stacking poison tiers on me? Not so much good info on it. I'm not doing water damage or trusts attacking except maybe Monb dark potion (which I didnt see use in log).

Any trust setup advice for sam solo and fight process? Everyone says its easy so I guess I'm missing some detail.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-09 20:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any trust setup advice for sam solo and fight process? Everyone says its easy so I guess I'm missing some detail.

Monberaux should be fine - Dark Potion shouldn't trigger anything nasty. Arciela's melee will, though so avoid her.

Stick to Fusion / Light SC only so you don't trigger huge waves. On MNK I simply Shijin > Smite > Smite for the whole fight, or just Smite > Smite if I'm lazy.

I usually use Koru-Moru, Joachim, Monberaux, Sylvie and any other healer / buff Trust I want. As long as you don't do any water or darkness damage you won't trigger huge waves. You can even back Ghatjot up (slowly) so that most of your trusts don't get hit by its AOE. Some Trusts love to hug your feet though, so...
By Phex 2023-05-10 02:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Hopalong:
You probably missed the chain window on your 4-step between (i think) Kasha and shoha which ends to be shoha > fudo to be Distortion and Ghatjot goes ape**** on u :-)

Edit: As an option, u can 3step with Aeonic ending radiance and no water/distortion to fear.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-05-10 05:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You probably missed the chain window on your 4-step between (i think) Kasha and shoha which ends to be shoha > fudo to be Distortion

I bet this is it since lowish haste trust setup. Thanks, now I can avoid that and have something to work with!
By Dodik 2023-05-10 16:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So how much is everyone excited about double attack +10% on the new prime GKT?

(/s)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-10 16:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most people are using zanhasso builds these days so...dreading it?
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-05-10 17:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from a quick look:

Seems to have high acc and skills which is probably in-line with SE saying these weapons are for "higher content" which usually means acc issues.

Great Katana looks like maybe even a downgrade to masamune to me at my level of content and I'm so glad.

Kusanagi
DMG:340 Delay:437 STR+35 DEX+35 Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35 Great Katana skill +277 Parrying skill +277 Magic Accuracy skill +277 "Double Attack"+10% Tachi: Mumei Aftermath: Physical damage limit+

This is gated behind a typical player 1 year and a fast player 6 months said SE.

Masamune
DMG:328(using str diff also) + Delay:437 STR+70 AGI 20 Great Katana skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +228 Tachi: Fudo: Damage +10% Aftermath: Occasional Triple Damage (50% chance ODT?)

I think it comes down to which weaponskill is better; Fudo or Mumei but I bet they will be real close regardless.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2023-05-10 22:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from a quick look:

Seems to have high acc and skills which is probably in-line with SE saying these weapons are for "higher content" which usually means acc issues.

Great Katana looks like maybe even a downgrade to masamune to me at my level of content and I'm so glad.

Kusanagi
DMG:340 Delay:437 STR+35 DEX+35 Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35 Great Katana skill +277 Parrying skill +277 Magic Accuracy skill +277 "Double Attack"+10% Tachi: Mumei Aftermath: Physical damage limit+

This is gated behind a typical player 1 year and a fast player 6 months said SE.

Masamune
DMG:328(using str diff also) + Delay:437 STR+70 AGI 20 Great Katana skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +228 Tachi: Fudo: Damage +10% Aftermath: Occasional Triple Damage (50% chance ODT?)

I think it comes down to which weaponskill is better; Fudo or Mumei but I bet they will be real close regardless.

319 DMG for Masa
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-10 23:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from a quick look:

Kusanagi

Masamune

The Acc is so miniscule compared to Doji, and only 40-ish difference on Masa, that I can't honestly see how it would be worth the DPS loss. And if Prime ends up doing more dmg, likely because Mumei would be doing more dmg than Fudo, if it does, then the Acc wouldn't be the reason and is a non-factor. It's literally just going to come down to which WS does more dmg and we have no idea what Mumei will do yet.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-05-10 23:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone needs to chill and wait for the stats on the WS to come out. Masamune wouldn't be as powerful as it is if Fudo wasn't an amazing WS. If Tachi: Mumei is a good WS (aka not Rana level troll) then the weapon will be good. If it's a crap WS, it will be a crap Weapon.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-11 01:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You're forgetting the PDL aftermath.
It could be ***, or it could be very good, it's hard to evaluate now.
In my opinion this gets a bit devalued by the fact that BRD just got a new PDL song, granted it won't be a commonly available song for a while, but eventually it will.

For PDL to be effective you need attack way over the cap. If you can get that much, PDL allows you to benefit from it.
Granted that we're still bound by the 99.999 damage cap.

It's sort of a strange situation. Wouldn't say it's completely niche, but I wouldn't say it's everyday common either in current meta/content. In those situations these weapons could have something to say compared to the other available options.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-11 03:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Great katana has a lower pDIF cap than any other 2h weapon, PDL isn't actually as difficult to use for it. Still not going to instacap but yeah.
 Valefor.Aspens
Server: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2023-05-11 15:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be interested in seeing if the new WS have attack modifiers with all the PDL buffs/aftermath

yuki/gekko/kasha/shoha all have att mods while kaiten/rana/fudo do not. Even if they cloned fudo but added an attack mod would make things interesting...

I agree that this weapon will live or die by the WS properties
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2023-05-24 22:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen regal ring mentioned in this thread in a while and I had one drop into my lap.

Any reason to use one? I have most of the other dd options too: epa ring, cornelia ring, niqmaddu...wondering if it has a point in my SAM set anywhere.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-05-24 22:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your attack and weapon skill, regal ring will beat 5WSD.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-25 16:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the atk needed to reach atk cap on general Dynamis Wave 3 mobs? A more complicated question, what and where would you find that same info for V25 Odyssey bosses and the Sortie bosses as well?

It's looking like the new 10% WSD ring is the safest and best choice, but depending on how easy (or hard) is is to reach atk cap in these places, the PDL ring does actually look amazing, I am just not entirely sure it's possible/easy to reach atk cap on the endgame content to begin with. I started playing around with that NIN guys TP/WS calculator where you can enter in all the gear and buffs, and it seems like it's extremely hard to hit atk cap on stuff above level 140, but maybe I am just using it wrong, or assuming the def of Dynamis wave 3 mobs are way higher than they are.

For reference, in Dynamis specifficaly, my group always runs a max BRD, a max COR, a max GEO all in the main party with the main DD, and then a 2nd GEO for Malaise/Languor (not really relevant here) in the off party. So we generally have maximum buffs, but I am still not sure if that's enough for atk cap, especially with food like Stewpots instead of atk food.

Any info would be appreciated.
By diaferia 2023-06-04 08:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For ryuo sune-ate +1 in a zanhasso build, whats the best path augment path?
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 153 154 155