Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 153 154 155
By Butcherb0y 2021-01-26 08:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So the way Zanshin work from my understanding and from reading in Big, that I can also activate at any given time when under Hasso, the above HassoZanshin set plus merits and gift, whats the total percent zanshin will trigger?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-26 09:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Butcherb0y said: »
So the way Zanshin work from my understanding and from reading in Big, that I can also activate at any given time when under Hasso, the above HassoZanshin set plus merits and gift, whats the total percent zanshin will trigger?

You can get it to 100%, which means 100% of the time when you miss, 25% of the time when you hit. Your proc rate under Hasso is 25% of your total rate.

Edit: I'll add that multi-attack will go before Zanshin, and block zanshin from actually proc'ing, so end result will be a bit under 25%.
[+]
By Butcherb0y 2021-01-26 12:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh ok I get it, so if you miss you proc zan and hasso will proc zan 25% of a time. Now are there any gear that can increase Hassonzan proc rate to hit pass 25%

Also is OAT counts as multi attack? Then it would be MA OAT Zan?
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-01-26 12:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuo feet at 100 zanshin make it 36%? which is the primary reason it’s utilized in all the low acc requirement sets. As it’s a flat % boost to it
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-26 12:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the Ryuo feet were 25% of the time Zanshin procs and 11% of those will proc twice?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-26 13:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I thought the Ryuo feet were 25% of the time Zanshin procs and 11% of those will proc twice?
they are
By Butcherb0y 2021-01-26 17:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

More reason to just keep Ryou feet for Hassozan tp build.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-29 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been trying to add in a fast cast set for my SAM lua but it doesnt look like its working though im not great at luas. Could anyone paste me their casting stuff please?
By Foxfire 2021-02-05 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hey uh can whoever's needlessly aggressive posting on the bgwiki samurai guide just tell me what they want me to put down under hachimonji
or hell, whatever else is unsatisfactory

this back and forth on the talk page is incredibly stupid; i have logged on maybe four times in the last year and a half for a combined total of maybe 20 minutes each

if you have suggestions for the guide, it's a community guide, so drop them in the talk page and i'll work them in. a lot of you surely have more updated notes on what's better/worse since like mid2019. i don't. help me help you.

edit: or hit me up on the bg discord or dms on there. whatever.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-05 12:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
hey uh can whoever's needlessly aggressive posting on the bgwiki samurai guide just tell me what they want me to put down under hachimonji
or hell, whatever else is unsatisfactory

this back and forth on the talk page is incredibly stupid; i have logged on maybe four times in the last year and a half for a combined total of maybe 20 minutes each

if you have suggestions for the guide, it's a community guide, so drop them in the talk page and i'll work them in. a lot of you surely have more updated notes on what's better/worse since like mid2019. i don't. help me help you.

edit: or hit me up on the bg discord or dms on there. whatever.

Just write that it sucks and be done with it, what a bizarre talk page.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-05 12:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people even talking about hachimonji? its for NIN
By Foxfire 2021-02-05 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Just write that it sucks and be done with it, what a bizarre talk page.

Nah; even if I don't really play, I put in a lot of work to this back then and don't wanna be petty on it. I don't mind updating it, but at least give me specifics. don't tell me "this is wrong" after i explain my thinking then start berating me about not understanding what i wrote.

Asura.Bippin said: »
Why are people even talking about hachimonji? its for NIN
i don't know. i'm just trying to acquiesce to their complaint.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-02-05 13:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what the current arguments are but I did go into some detail on how that Great katana works in this video. at 18:28

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-02-06 15:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some decent low-end GKs for SAM pre-doji/masa? I've had them for so long that I've totally forgotten. Thinking about getting a friend that's new to the game a Norifusa to hold them over.
By Gruknor 2021-02-06 15:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai job guide click for here...

The bgwiki sam guide is a little out of date, but it has info on gkts before masa/doji.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-02-06 15:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Without Masa/Doji, I wouldn't even bother with a GKT and just tell them to use a Shining One. If not, Ichigo is pretty decent for starter SAMs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-06 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ichigohitofuri and you can ride that until you make a rema. I used that with a fairly decent set and it gains TP very nicely and the wsd is competitive.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-06 16:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining one(Kaja lance) and then Ichigohitofuri for when you need GKT WS for SC
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-02-06 17:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I had her make a Kaja Lance to start with the other week, but wasn't sure if it was even remotely relevant without the crit effect. I'll go for Ichigohitofuri next
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-25 00:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Let’s see those mpaca incorporated sets!
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-25 07:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Let’s see those mpaca incorporated sets!

You are about to be disappointed, my friend.

The only piece that might be good for SAM is Mpaca head fully augmented for Fudo and that's if your valorous mask isn't DM augmented. The rest is just not good for SAM.

EDIT: Wait, I lied, Mpaca Doublet fully augmented for your DT set. ~_~
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-25 09:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels. Bad.
By Guyford 2021-02-25 10:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm using for SAM DT these days. I really don't get the obsession with Mpaca not having enough meva, its still great pdt/mdb gear.

ItemSet 378298

And yea the head is great for wses and will be even better with sc dmg aug
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-25 11:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
I really don't get the obsession with Mpaca not having enough meva.

because when you are doing things like Divergence, where this gear stands the most chance of being useful, you're probably still going to eat it anytime someone lets a NIN get off Mijin Gakure.
By Guyford 2021-02-25 11:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

because when you are doing things like Divergence, where this gear stands the most chance of being useful, you're probably still going to eat it anytime someone lets a NIN get off Mijin Gakure.

So don't use this set when you're fighting a nin that has access to Mijin… doesn't make the set useless.
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-25 11:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So don't use this set when you're fighting a nin that has access to Mijin… doesn't make the set useless.

"don't use the set supposedly designed for harder content on harder content" is the worst argument I have seen on this, particularly with the grind that is necessary to augment it fully. it lacks the PDL to take advantage of when you are attack capped, which is basically most group content scenarios, but throws a metric tonne of attack on. it has no Zanshin, no Store TP, and generally similar/worse levels of Triple Attack/Crit than the Kendatsuba +1 set that we've been sitting in for the past what, 2 years now? I don't see changing out of Tatenashi or Kenda. +1 in favor of this set, about the only thing I would like is some definitive testing if the Helm is worth it vs the cost of an Augmented Stinger +1.

set seems VERY attractive to PUP, NIN, and potentially even MNK in places, but SAM got the short end.
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-25 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the mpaca head compete with val head using non DM aug?
And how does a non mpaca head head stack with for WS head piece.
By Guyford 2021-02-25 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"don't use the set supposedly designed for harder content on harder content" is the worst argument I have seen on this, particularly with the grind that is necessary to augment it fully. it lacks the PDL to take advantage of when you are attack capped, which is basically most group content scenarios, but throws a metric tonne of attack on. it has no Zanshin, no Store TP, and generally similar/worse levels of Triple Attack/Crit than the Kendatsuba +1 set that we've been sitting in for the past what, 2 years now? I don't see changing out of Tatenashi or Kenda. +1 in favor of this set, about the only thing I would like is some definitive testing if the Helm is worth it vs the cost of an Augmented Stinger +1.

set seems VERY attractive to PUP, NIN, and potentially even MNK in places, but SAM got the short end.

The entirety of dynamis is not fighting NINs. If your group is smart you are fighting the NINs last in any group so just use a different set at that point...
Yes it has slightly worse triple/crit than kenda, but it also has pdt and massive mdb. This is kenda with pdt and mdb instead of the high meva. It has all kinds of uses.

And the counter on the body is all kinds of good when using seigan.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-25 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what I am using right now for engaged DT
ItemSet 376251

I also often use this set for a bit more DPS (only 45PDT)
ItemSet 376253

Subtle blow If you are into that thing (70) without changing out weapon
ItemSet 366352

Head should be BIS for just about every WS and legs would be great once ranked up and attack is capped

Edit: Body would be really good to for some DT stuff too, Ranked up would be even better

Edit 2:
Auspice-SB
Much better set
ItemSet 376474
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-03-03 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For the Mpaca set I have seen the video from Logical testing the evasion and defense testing using this set relative to Malignance on Apex mobs. Because the evasion is lower than malignance, I am assuming the following:

The total set adds Killer Effect +16, presumably +16%. Similar to the job ability Warding Circle, which purportedly gives +15% damage bonus, -15% DT, would this set not give +16% acc/atk/evasion for the majority of mobs?

Does this make this gear potentially extremely good? Has anybody bothered to test it? Example the legs would be quite good, especially augmented.
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 153 154 155