Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: dlsmd
By Carbuncle.Kigensuro 2019-03-10 19:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Carbuncle.Kigensuro said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »
Thanks. This was interesting. So I tried that command on a trust, "Zeid II" and this is what I got:

Tried that on myself and got roughly the same with some different values.

I can see some of the values are name, distance, xpos, ypos, and whatnot, but the fact they're reporting back as nil makes it hard to know what syntax to use in the lua.

How do I know from that table that I needed to use xxx.is_npc?

Sorry to be pain; I'm just eager to learn more.
your output is wonky because the code has an error
Code
for k,v in pairs(party[#].mob) then
 windower.add_to_chat(2, tostring(i)..' '..tostring(v))
end

the first line says for k,v in pairs
it is breaking up the table and putting the data in to local variables k(location) and v(variable)
how ever when it tries to write the data so it can be seen
windower.add_to_chat(2, tostring(i)..' '..tostring(v))
it uses i for the location
so the easiest fix is to change the i in tostring(i) to k
or the k in for k,v to i

That worked perfectly and has been a great help to me! Thank you.

I had another question though. I'm working on an addon and was attempting to use windower.ffxi.get_party().p# to obtain the parties buffs/debuffs. I ran the code above to see what was contained in windower.ffxi.get_party().p# table and don't see a buffs table. Gearswap has this option for party[#].buffactive so I know it's possible somehow, but I am at a loss again.
gearswap gets party buffs from packets not windower.ffxi.get_party()
By Tubguy 2019-03-19 06:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller. <3

I'm having an issue where I can't get //gs export to recognize the augments on my Rostams (Path A and Path C) and typing out augs manually isn't working either.

I was wondering if this is a known issue or if there is an easy fix or workaround.
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2019-03-19 11:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Put them in different bags, and instead of referencing augments, you reference the bag name:
Code
equip({main={name="Rostam",bag="Wardrobe"},sub={name="Rostam",bag="Wardrobe 2"}})
By Tubguy 2019-03-20 02:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Put them in different bags, and instead of referencing augments, you reference the bag name:
Code
equip({main={name="Rostam",bag="Wardrobe"},sub={name="Rostam",bag="Wardrobe 2"}})

Thank you very much :)
By zhain 2019-03-25 11:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping someone can help me out with a gearswap issue I am having with my BRD lua.

When I debug my lua, it appears that only the base FC set is activating for spells/songs. The cure set, stoneskin, enhancing, and most importantly the song precast sets do not activate.

If there is a better location for lua collaboration please let me know.

Thanks!
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-25 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sets are called sets.precast.FastCast.BardSong, and sets.precast.FastCast.Blahblahblah

The base fast cast set will work under either nomenclature, but without specific arguments in precast, you need to name the customized ones like "sets.precast.FC.BardSong" etc.
[+]
 Asura.Sohoku
By Asura.Sohoku 2019-03-27 23:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out what's wrong here. I'm very new to GS and am using Selindrile's GS's. I'm also attempting to use a bunch of elseif commands I got that were posted from Ejin.
I basically am trying to tribox and just write my send@all command and have all my toons react accordingly. Could just be possible I put it in the wrong location but I was attempting it and hoping for the best.

"Brd.lua:300; unexpected symbol near 'then'. Any Ideas? Appreciate any help,Thanks.

Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 00:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there's a couple of things I'd say here, and it may make your life alot easier.

First, that "then" isn't necessary at all if you want it to poll every time you use any self_command. Then is only necessary when it follows an if, or elseif. If you don't want it to poll every single time, you'll need to figure out some sort of appropriate if/elseif logic.

Secondly, I highly recommend changing your style configurator in Notepad++ to "Dark Ink" mode. (Settings > Style configurator) The default colors actually are a bit hard to see, it likes putting bright colors on a white background, and that's just asking to miss small mistakes.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-29 08:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sohoku said: »
I'm very new to GS and am using Selindrile's GS's. I'm also attempting to use a bunch of elseif commands I got that were posted from Ejin.
I basically am trying to tribox and just write my send@all command and have all my toons react accordingly. Could just be possible I put it in the wrong location but I was attempting it and hoping for the best.

Somebody new to the piano wouldn't expect to play La Campanella right away. Just like somebody new to lua shouldn't start by trying to merge two complex luas together to multibox.

My advice: learn the basics first.
[+]
 Asura.Sohoku
By Asura.Sohoku 2019-03-31 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice Byrne. Definitely helped to change the default colors.

Asura.Byrne said: »
Well there's a couple of things I'd say here, and it may make your life alot easier.

First, that "then" isn't necessary at all if you want it to poll every time you use any self_command. Then is only necessary when it follows an if, or elseif. If you don't want it to poll every single time, you'll need to figure out some sort of appropriate if/elseif logic.

Secondly, I highly recommend changing your style configurator in Notepad++ to "Dark Ink" mode. (Settings > Style configurator) The default colors actually are a bit hard to see, it likes putting bright colors on a white background, and that's just asking to miss small mistakes.
By Silfer 2019-04-01 17:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Would someone be kind enough to help fix this SMN lua for me, it does everything I want except one thing, when I use a bloodpact it switches in my -bp delay gear like it should but does not switch back to my regular gear for when avatars are out/engaged after the bp. It keeps the -bp delay gear on til whatever I'm fighting is dead.
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Setup functions for this job.  Generally should not be modified.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Also, you'll need the Shortcuts addon to handle the auto-targetting of the custom pact commands.

--[[
    Custom commands:

gs c petweather
        Automatically casts the storm appropriate for the current avatar, if possible.

gs c siphon
        Automatically run the process to: dismiss the current avatar; cast appropriate
        weather; summon the appropriate spirit; Elemental Siphon; release the spirit;
        and re-summon the avatar.

Will not cast weather you do not have access to.
        Will not re-summon the avatar if one was not out in the first place.
        Will not release the spirit if it was out before the command was issued.

gs c pact [PactType]
        Attempts to use the indicated pact type for the current avatar.
        PactType can be one of:
            cure
            curaga
            buffOffense
            buffDefense
            buffSpecial
            debuff1
            debuff2
            sleep
            nuke2
            nuke4
            bp70
            bp75 (merits and lvl 75-80 pacts)
            astralflow
--]]

-- Initialization function for this job file.
function get_sets()
    mote_include_version = 2

-- Load and initialize the include file.
    include('Mote-Include.lua')
	windower.send_command('sta !packets off')
end

-- Setup vars that are user-independent.  state.Buff vars initialized here will automatically be tracked.
function job_setup()
    state.Buff["Avatar's Favor"] = buffactive["Avatar's Favor"] or false
    state.Buff["Astral Conduit"] = buffactive["Astral Conduit"] or false

spirits = S{"LightSpirit", "DarkSpirit", "FireSpirit", "EarthSpirit", "WaterSpirit", "AirSpirit", "IceSpirit", "ThunderSpirit"}
    avatars = S{"Carbuncle", "Fenrir", "Diabolos", "Ifrit", "Titan", "Leviathan", "Garuda", "Shiva", "Ramuh", "Odin", "Alexander", "Cait Sith"}

magicalRagePacts = S{
        'Inferno','Earthen Fury','Tidal Wave','Aerial Blast','Diamond Dust','Judgment Bolt','Searing Light','Howling Moon','Ruinous Omen',
        'Fire II','Stone II','Water II','Aero II','Blizzard II','Thunder II',
        'Fire IV','Stone IV','Water IV','Aero IV','Blizzard IV','Thunder IV',
        'Thunderspark','Burning Strike','Meteorite','Nether Blast','Flaming Crush',
        'Meteor Strike','Heavenly Strike','Wind Blade','Geocrush','Grand Fall','Thunderstorm',
        'Holy Mist','Lunar Bay','Night Terror','Level ? Holy'}

pacts = {}
    pacts.cure = {['Carbuncle']='Healing Ruby'}
    pacts.curaga = {['Carbuncle']='Healing Ruby II', ['Garuda']='Whispering Wind', ['Leviathan']='Spring Water'}
    pacts.buffoffense = {['Carbuncle']='Glittering Ruby', ['Ifrit']='Crimson Howl', ['Garuda']='Hastega', ['Ramuh']='Rolling Thunder',
        ['Fenrir']='Ecliptic Growl'}
    pacts.buffdefense = {['Carbuncle']='Shining Ruby', ['Shiva']='Frost Armor', ['Garuda']='Aerial Armor', ['Titan']='Earthen Ward',
        ['Ramuh']='Lightning Armor', ['Fenrir']='Ecliptic Howl', ['Diabolos']='Noctoshield', ['Cait Sith']='Reraise II'}
    pacts.buffspecial = {['Ifrit']='Inferno Howl', ['Garuda']='Fleet Wind', ['Titan']='Earthen Armor', ['Diabolos']='Dream Shroud',
        ['Carbuncle']='Soothing Ruby', ['Fenrir']='Heavenward Howl', ['Cait Sith']='Raise II'}
    pacts.debuff1 = {['Shiva']='Diamond Storm', ['Ramuh']='Shock Squall', ['Leviathan']='Tidal Roar', ['Fenrir']='Lunar Cry',
        ['Diabolos']='Pavor Nocturnus', ['Cait Sith']='Eerie Eye'}
    pacts.debuff2 = {['Shiva']='Sleepga', ['Leviathan']='Slowga', ['Fenrir']='Lunar Roar', ['Diabolos']='Somnolence'}
    pacts.sleep = {['Shiva']='Sleepga', ['Diabolos']='Nightmare', ['Cait Sith']='Mewing Lullaby'}
    pacts.nuke2 = {['Ifrit']='Fire II', ['Shiva']='Blizzard II', ['Garuda']='Aero II', ['Titan']='Stone II',
        ['Ramuh']='Thunder II', ['Leviathan']='Water II'}
    pacts.nuke4 = {['Ifrit']='Fire IV', ['Shiva']='Blizzard IV', ['Garuda']='Aero IV', ['Titan']='Stone IV',
        ['Ramuh']='Thunder IV', ['Leviathan']='Water IV'}
    pacts.bp70 = {['Ifrit']='Flaming Crush', ['Shiva']='Rush', ['Garuda']='Predator Claws', ['Titan']='Mountain Buster',
        ['Ramuh']='Chaotic Strike', ['Leviathan']='Spinning Dive', ['Carbuncle']='Meteorite', ['Fenrir']='Eclipse Bite',
        ['Diabolos']='Nether Blast',['Cait Sith']='Regal Scratch'}
    pacts.bp75 = {['Ifrit']='Meteor Strike', ['Shiva']='Heavenly Strike', ['Garuda']='Wind Blade', ['Titan']='Geocrush',
        ['Ramuh']='Thunderstorm', ['Leviathan']='Grand Fall', ['Carbuncle']='Holy Mist', ['Fenrir']='Lunar Bay',
        ['Diabolos']='Night Terror', ['Cait Sith']='Level ? Holy'}
    pacts.astralflow = {['Ifrit']='Inferno', ['Shiva']='Diamond Dust', ['Garuda']='Aerial Blast', ['Titan']='Earthen Fury',
        ['Ramuh']='Judgment Bolt', ['Leviathan']='Tidal Wave', ['Carbuncle']='Searing Light', ['Fenrir']='Howling Moon',
        ['Diabolos']='Ruinous Omen', ['Cait Sith']="Altana's Favor"}

-- Wards table for creating custom timers   
    wards = {}
    -- Base duration for ward pacts.
    wards.durations = {
        ['Crimson Howl'] = 60, ['Earthen Armor'] = 60, ['Inferno Howl'] = 60, ['Heavenward Howl'] = 60,
        ['Rolling Thunder'] = 120, ['Fleet Wind'] = 120,
        ['Shining Ruby'] = 180, ['Frost Armor'] = 180, ['Lightning Armor'] = 180, ['Ecliptic Growl'] = 180,
        ['Glittering Ruby'] = 180, ['Hastega'] = 180, ['Noctoshield'] = 180, ['Ecliptic Howl'] = 180,
        ['Dream Shroud'] = 180,
        ['Reraise II'] = 3600
    }
    -- Icons to use when creating the custom timer.
    wards.icons = {
        ['Earthen Armor']   = 'spells/00299.png', -- 00299 for Titan
        ['Shining Ruby']    = 'spells/00043.png', -- 00043 for Protect
        ['Dream Shroud']    = 'spells/00304.png', -- 00304 for Diabolos
        ['Noctoshield']     = 'spells/00106.png', -- 00106 for Phalanx
        ['Inferno Howl']    = 'spells/00298.png', -- 00298 for Ifrit
        ['Hastega']         = 'spells/00358.png', -- 00358 for Hastega
        ['Rolling Thunder'] = 'spells/00104.png', -- 00358 for Enthunder
        ['Frost Armor']     = 'spells/00250.png', -- 00250 for Ice Spikes
        ['Lightning Armor'] = 'spells/00251.png', -- 00251 for Shock Spikes
        ['Reraise II']      = 'spells/00135.png', -- 00135 for Reraise
        ['Fleet Wind']      = 'abilities/00074.png', -- 
    }
    -- Flags for code to get around the issue of slow skill updates.
    wards.flag = false
    wards.spell = ''

end

-- User setup functions for this job.  Recommend that these be overridden in a sidecar file.

-- Setup vars that are user-dependent.  Can override this function in a sidecar file.
function user_setup()
    state.OffenseMode:options('None', 'Normal', 'Acc')
    state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Resistant')
    state.IdleMode:options('Normal', 'PDT')

gear.perp_staff = {name=""}

select_default_macro_book()
end

function user_unload()
	windower.send_command('sta !packets on')
end

-- Define sets and vars used by this job file.
function init_gear_sets()
    --------------------------------------
    -- Precast Sets

-- Precast sets to enhance JAs
    sets.precast.JA['Astral Flow'] = {head="Glyphic Horn"}

sets.precast.JA['Elemental Siphon'] = {main="Soulscourge",
        head="Convoker's Horn",neck="Caller's Pendant",
        body="Caller's Doublet +2",hands="Glyphic Bracers",ring1="Evoker's Ring",ring2="Fervor Ring",
        legs="Marduk's Shalwar +1",feet="Caller's Pigaches +2"}

sets.precast.JA['Mana Cede'] = {hands="Caller's Bracers +2"}

-- Pact delay reduction gear
    sets.precast.BloodPactWard = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Summoner's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    hands="Summoner's Brcr.",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    left_ear="Moldavite Earring",
    right_ear="Phantom Earring",
    left_ring="Evoker's Ring",
    right_ring="Serket Ring",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.precast.BloodPactRage = sets.precast.BloodPactWard

-- Fast cast sets for spells

sets.precast.FC = {
        head="Nahtirah Hat",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",ring1="Prolix Ring",
        back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Orvail Pants +1",feet="Chelona Boots +1"}

sets.precast.FC['Enhancing Magic'] = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {waist="Siegel Sash"})

-- Weaponskill sets
    -- Default set for any weaponskill that isn't any more specifically defined
    sets.precast.WS = {
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Asperity Necklace",ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands="Yaoyotl Gloves",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="K'ayres Ring",
        back="Pahtli Cape",waist="Cascade Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

-- Specific weaponskill sets.  Uses the base set if an appropriate WSMod version isn't found.
    sets.precast.WS['Myrkr'] = {
        head="Nahtirah Hat",ear1="Gifted Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
        body="Convoker's Doublet",hands="Caller's Bracers +2",ring1="Evoker's Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        back="Pahtli Cape",waist="Fucho-no-Obi",legs="Nares Trews",feet="Chelona Boots +1"}

-- Midcast sets

sets.midcast.FastRecast = {
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands="Bokwus Gloves",ring1="Prolix Ring",
        back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

sets.midcast.Cure = {main="Tamaxchi",
        body="Heka's Kalasiris",hands="Bokwus Gloves",ring1="Prolix Ring",ring2="Sirona's Ring",
        back="Swith Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

sets.midcast.Stoneskin = {waist="Siegel Sash"}

sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] = {main="Lehbrailg +2",sub="Wizzan Grip",
        head="Hagondes Hat",neck="Stoicheion Medal",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Hecate's Earring",
        body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Yaoyotl Gloves",ring1="Icesoul Ring",ring2="Acumen Ring",
        back="Toro Cape",waist=gear.ElementalBelt,legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

sets.midcast['Dark Magic'] = {main="Lehbrailg +2",sub="Wizzan Grip",
        head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Aesir Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Psystorm Earring",
        body="Vanir Cotehardie",hands="Yaoyotl Gloves",ring1="Excelsis Ring",ring2="Sangoma Ring",
        waist="Fuchi-no-Obi",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Bokwus Boots"}

-- Avatar pact sets.  All pacts are Ability type.

sets.midcast.Pet.BloodPactWard = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Summoner's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.midcast.Pet.DebuffBloodPactWard = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Summoner's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.midcast.Pet.DebuffBloodPactWard.Acc = sets.midcast.Pet.DebuffBloodPactWard

sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Summoner's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage.Acc = sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage

sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Summoner's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage.Acc = sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage

-- Spirits cast magic spells, which can be identified in standard ways.

sets.midcast.Pet.WhiteMagic = {legs="Summoner's Spats"}

sets.midcast.Pet['Elemental Magic'] = set_combine(sets.midcast.Pet.BloodPactRage, {legs="Summoner's Spats"})

sets.midcast.Pet['Elemental Magic'].Resistant = {}

-- Idle/resting/defense/etc sets

-- Resting sets
    sets.resting = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    hands="Summoner's Bracers",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

-- Idle sets
    sets.idle = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.idle.PDT = {}

-- perp costs:
    -- spirits: 7
    -- carby: 11 (5 with mitts)
    -- fenrir: 13
    -- others: 15

-- Max useful -perp gear is 1 less than the perp cost (can't be reduced below 1)
    -- Aim for -14 perp, and refresh in other slots.

-- -perp gear:
    -- Gridarvor: -5
    -- Glyphic Horn: -4
    -- Caller's Doublet +2/Glyphic Doublet: -4
    -- Evoker's Ring: -1
    -- Convoker's Pigaches: -4
    -- total: -18

-- Can make due without either the head or the body, and use +refresh items in those slots.

sets.idle.Avatar = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.idle.PDT.Avatar = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.idle.Spirit = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

sets.idle.Town = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}

-- Favor uses Caller's Horn instead of Convoker's Horn for refresh
    sets.idle.Avatar.Favor = {head="Caller's Horn +2"}
    sets.idle.Avatar.Melee = {hands="Regimen Mittens",back="Samanisi Cape",waist="Kuku Stone",legs="Convoker's Spats"}

sets.perp = {}
    -- Caller's Bracer's halve the perp cost after other costs are accounted for.
    -- Using -10 (Gridavor, ring, Conv.feet), standard avatars would then cost 5, halved to 2.
    -- We can then use Hagondes Coat and end up with the same net MP cost, but significantly better defense.
    -- Weather is the same, but we can also use the latent on the pendant to negate the last point lost.
    sets.perp.Day = {body="Summoner's Doublet"}
    sets.perp.Weather = {head="Summoner's Horn"}
    -- Carby: Mitts+Conv.feet = 1/tick perp.  Everything else should be +refresh
    sets.perp.Carbuncle = {hands="Carbuncle Mitts"}
    -- Diabolos's Rope doesn't gain us anything at this time
    --sets.perp.Diabolos = {waist="Diabolos's Rope"}
    sets.perp.Alexander = sets.midcast.Pet.BloodPactWard

sets.perp.staff_and_grip = {main=gear.perp_staff,sub="Achaq Grip"}

-- Defense sets
    sets.defense.PDT = {}

sets.defense.MDT = {}

sets.Kiting = {feet="Herald's Gaiters"}

sets.latent_refresh = {}

-- Engaged sets

-- Normal melee group
    sets.engaged = {main="Iridal Staff",
    sub="Bugard Strap +1",
    ammo="Hedgehog Bomb",
    head="Evoker's Horn",
    body="Yinyang robe",
    legs="Summoner's Spats",
    feet="Mgn. M Ledelsens",
    neck="Beak Necklace +1",
    waist="Forest Rope",
    back="Summoner's Cape",}
end

-- Job-specific hooks for standard casting events.

-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
-- Set eventArgs.useMidcastGear to true if we want midcast gear equipped on precast.
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if state.Buff['Astral Conduit'] and pet_midaction() then
        eventArgs.handled = true
    end
end

function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if state.Buff['Astral Conduit'] and pet_midaction() then
        eventArgs.handled = true
    end
end

-- Runs when pet completes an action.
function job_pet_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if not spell.interrupted and spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spellMap ~= 'DebuffBloodPactWard' then
        wards.flag = true
        wards.spell = spell.english
        send_command('wait 4; gs c reset_ward_flag')
    end
end

-- Job-specific hooks for non-casting events.

-- Called when a player gains or loses a buff.
-- buff == buff gained or lost
-- gain == true if the buff was gained, false if it was lost.
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    elseif storms:contains(buff) then
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    end
end

-- Called when the player's pet's status changes.
-- This is also called after pet_change after a pet is released.  Check for pet validity.
function job_pet_status_change(newStatus, oldStatus, eventArgs)
    if pet.isvalid and not midaction() and not pet_midaction() and (newStatus == 'Engaged' or oldStatus == 'Engaged') then
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status, newStatus)
    end
end

-- Called when a player gains or loses a pet.
-- pet == pet structure
-- gain == true if the pet was gained, false if it was lost.
function job_pet_change(petparam, gain)
    classes.CustomIdleGroups:clear()
    if gain then
        if avatars:contains(pet.name) then
            classes.CustomIdleGroups:append('Avatar')
        elseif spirits:contains(pet.name) then
            classes.CustomIdleGroups:append('Spirit')
        end
    else
        select_default_macro_book('reset')
    end
end

-- User code that supplements standard library decisions.

-- Custom spell mapping.
function job_get_spell_map(spell)
    if spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
        if magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
            return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
        else
            return 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
        end
    elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
        return 'DebuffBloodPactWard'
    end
end

-- Modify the default idle set after it was constructed.
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if pet.isvalid then
        if pet.element == world.day_element then
            idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.perp.Day)
        end
        if pet.element == world.weather_element then
            idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.perp.Weather)
        end
        if sets.perp[pet.name] then
            idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.perp[pet.name])
        end
        gear.perp_staff.name = elements.perpetuance_staff_of[pet.element]
        if gear.perp_staff.name and (player.inventory[gear.perp_staff.name] or player.wardrobe[gear.perp_staff.name]) then
            idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.perp.staff_and_grip)
        end
        if state.Buff["Avatar's Favor"] and avatars:contains(pet.name) then
            idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.idle.Avatar.Favor)
        end
        if pet.status == 'Engaged' then
            idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.idle.Avatar.Melee)
        end
    end

if player.mpp < 51 then
        idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
    end

return idleSet
end

-- Called by the 'update' self-command, for common needs.
-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want automatic equipping of gear.
function job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    classes.CustomIdleGroups:clear()
    if pet.isvalid then
        if avatars:contains(pet.name) then
            classes.CustomIdleGroups:append('Avatar')
        elseif spirits:contains(pet.name) then
            classes.CustomIdleGroups:append('Spirit')
        end
    end
end

-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want the automatic display to be run.
function display_current_job_state(eventArgs)

end

-- User self-commands.

-- Called for custom player commands.
function job_self_command(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    if cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'petweather' then
        handle_petweather()
        eventArgs.handled = true
    elseif cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'siphon' then
        handle_siphoning()
        eventArgs.handled = true
    elseif cmdParams[1]:lower() == 'pact' then
        handle_pacts(cmdParams)
        eventArgs.handled = true
    elseif cmdParams[1] == 'reset_ward_flag' then
        wards.flag = false
        wards.spell = ''
        eventArgs.handled = true
    end
end

-- Utility functions specific to this job.

-- Cast the appopriate storm for the currently summoned avatar, if possible.
function handle_petweather()
    if player.sub_job ~= 'SCH' then
        add_to_chat(122, "You can not cast storm spells")
        return
    end

if not pet.isvalid then
        add_to_chat(122, "You do not have an active avatar.")
        return
    end

local element = pet.element
    if element == 'Thunder' then
        element = 'Lightning'
    end

if S{'Light','Dark','Lightning'}:contains(element) then
        add_to_chat(122, 'You do not have access to '..elements.storm_of[element]..'.')
        return
    end 

local storm = elements.storm_of[element]

if storm then
        send_command('@input /ma "'..elements.storm_of[element]..'" <me>')
    else
        add_to_chat(123, 'Error: Unknown element ('..tostring(element)..')')
    end
end

-- Custom uber-handling of Elemental Siphon
function handle_siphoning()
    if areas.Cities:contains(world.area) then
        add_to_chat(122, 'Cannot use Elemental Siphon in a city area.')
        return
    end

local siphonElement
    local stormElementToUse
    local releasedAvatar
    local dontRelease

-- If we already have a spirit out, just use that.
    if pet.isvalid and spirits:contains(pet.name) then
        siphonElement = pet.element
        dontRelease = true
        -- If current weather doesn't match the spirit, but the spirit matches the day, try to cast the storm.
        if player.sub_job == 'SCH' and pet.element == world.day_element and pet.element ~= world.weather_element then
            if not S{'Light','Dark','Lightning'}:contains(pet.element) then
                stormElementToUse = pet.element
            end
        end
    -- If we're subbing /sch, there are some conditions where we want to make sure specific weather is up.
    -- If current (single) weather is opposed by the current day, we want to change the weather to match
    -- the current day, if possible.
    elseif player.sub_job == 'SCH' and world.weather_element ~= 'None' then
        -- We can override single-intensity weather; leave double weather alone, since even if
        -- it's partially countered by the day, it's not worth changing.
        if get_weather_intensity() == 1 then
            -- If current weather is weak to the current day, it cancels the benefits for
            -- siphon.  Change it to the day's weather if possible (+0 to +20%), or any non-weak
            -- weather if not.
            -- If the current weather matches the current avatar's element (being used to reduce
            -- perpetuation), don't change it; just accept the penalty on Siphon.
            if world.weather_element == elements.weak_to[world.day_element] and
                (not pet.isvalid or world.weather_element ~= pet.element) then
                -- We can't cast lightning/dark/light weather, so use a neutral element
                if S{'Light','Dark','Lightning'}:contains(world.day_element) then
                    stormElementToUse = 'Wind'
                else
                    stormElementToUse = world.day_element
                end
            end
        end
    end

-- If we decided to use a storm, set that as the spirit element to cast.
    if stormElementToUse then
        siphonElement = stormElementToUse
    elseif world.weather_element ~= 'None' and (get_weather_intensity() == 2 or world.weather_element ~= elements.weak_to[world.day_element]) then
        siphonElement = world.weather_element
    else
        siphonElement = world.day_element
    end

local command = ''
    local releaseWait = 0

if pet.isvalid and avatars:contains(pet.name) then
        command = command..'input /pet "Release" <me>;wait 1.1;'
        releasedAvatar = pet.name
        releaseWait = 10
    end

if stormElementToUse then
        command = command..'input /ma "'..elements.storm_of[stormElementToUse]..'" <me>;wait 4;'
        releaseWait = releaseWait - 4
    end

if not (pet.isvalid and spirits:contains(pet.name)) then
        command = command..'input /ma "'..elements.spirit_of[siphonElement]..'" <me>;wait 4;'
        releaseWait = releaseWait - 4
    end

command = command..'input /ja "Elemental Siphon" <me>;'
    releaseWait = releaseWait - 1
    releaseWait = releaseWait + 0.1

if not dontRelease then
        if releaseWait > 0 then
            command = command..'wait '..tostring(releaseWait)..';'
        else
            command = command..'wait 1.1;'
        end

command = command..'input /pet "Release" <me>;'
    end

if releasedAvatar then
        command = command..'wait 1.1;input /ma "'..releasedAvatar..'" <me>'
    end

send_command(command)
end

-- Handles executing blood pacts in a generic, avatar-agnostic way.
-- cmdParams is the split of the self-command.
-- gs c [pact] [pacttype]
function handle_pacts(cmdParams)
    if areas.Cities:contains(world.area) then
        add_to_chat(122, 'You cannot use pacts in town.')
        return
    end

if not pet.isvalid then
        add_to_chat(122,'No avatar currently available. Returning to default macro set.')
        select_default_macro_book('reset')
        return
    end

if spirits:contains(pet.name) then
        add_to_chat(122,'Cannot use pacts with spirits.')
        return
    end

if not cmdParams[2] then
        add_to_chat(123,'No pact type given.')
        return
    end

local pact = cmdParams[2]:lower()

if not pacts[pact] then
        add_to_chat(123,'Unknown pact type: '..tostring(pact))
        return
    end

if pacts[pact][pet.name] then
        if pact == 'astralflow' and not buffactive['astral flow'] then
            add_to_chat(122,'Cannot use Astral Flow pacts at this time.')
            return
        end

-- Leave out target; let Shortcuts auto-determine it.
        send_command('@input /pet "'..pacts[pact][pet.name]..'"')
    else
        add_to_chat(122,pet.name..' does not have a pact of type ['..pact..'].')
    end
end

-- Event handler for updates to player skill, since we can't rely on skill being
-- correct at pet_aftercast for the creation of custom timers.
windower.raw_register_event('incoming chunk',
    function (id)
        if id == 0x62 then
            if wards.flag then
                create_pact_timer(wards.spell)
                wards.flag = false
                wards.spell = ''
            end
        end
    end)

-- Function to create custom timers using the Timers addon.  Calculates ward duration
-- based on player skill and base pact duration (defined in job_setup).
function create_pact_timer(spell_name)
    -- Create custom timers for ward pacts.
    if wards.durations[spell_name] then
        local ward_duration = wards.durations[spell_name]
        if ward_duration < 181 then
            local skill = player.skills.summoning_magic
            if skill > 300 then
                skill = skill - 300
                if skill > 200 then skill = 200 end
                ward_duration = ward_duration + skill
            end
        end

local timer_cmd = 'timers c "'..spell_name..'" '..tostring(ward_duration)..' down'

if wards.icons[spell_name] then
            timer_cmd = timer_cmd..' '..wards.icons[spell_name]
        end

send_command(timer_cmd)
    end
end

-- Select default macro book on initial load or subjob change.
function select_default_macro_book(reset)
    if reset == 'reset' then
        -- lost pet, or tried to use pact when pet is gone
    end

-- Default macro set/book
    set_macro_page(3, 12)
end
 Ragnarok.Goldnboy
Server: Ragnarok
user: Goldnboy
By Ragnarok.Goldnboy 2019-04-01 18:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not too versed with mage jobs with gs.... im not seeing an aftercast command when you use a bloodpactrage or bloodpactward. whether its idle set or engaged set??? unless i missed it but that would be where i would look as starters
 Quetzalcoatl.Silfer
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Silfer
By Quetzalcoatl.Silfer 2019-04-01 19:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Goldnboy said: »
Im not too versed with mage jobs with gs.... im not seeing an aftercast command when you use a bloodpactrage or bloodpactward. whether its idle set or engaged set??? unless i missed it but that would be where i would look as starters
line 506 is aftercast?
By Kwech 2019-04-04 16:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My THF lua is having some problems, if I turn on cp-mode and showswaps, while idle I'm constantly swapping between Toutatis Cape and Mec. Cape.

Also occasionally it's not swapping back to tp mode after tagging a mob with TH or using a ws.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-05 02:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you used debugmode?
By Kwech 2019-04-05 07:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Have you used debugmode?

Wasn’t aware there was one, is it like a debugger you’d use when writing code?
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-04-11 17:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on automating weaponswaps with rostam path C. I'm running into a problem when my path C is my offhand. Is there a way to force an equip change before precast?
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-12 04:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kwech said: »
Have you used debugmode?

Wasn’t aware there was one, is it like a debugger you’d use when writing code?
You can set Gearswap into debug mode and it will print a bunch of helpful info into your chatlog.

//gs debugmode

Use it again to disable it.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-12 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
I'm working on automating weaponswaps with rostam path C. I'm running into a problem when my path C is my offhand. Is there a way to force an equip change before precast?
Are you saying that your path C Rostam is in sub slot, and you want to allow it to swap to your main slot?

You should be able to achieve that in the precast function by simply unequipping it from the sub slot. The trick would be to know when to do it, as doing that every time precast was executed would cause you to continuously lose TP.
By Cronnus 2019-04-14 10:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Windower have a option for auto job abilities during auto range attack like Ashita does? Anyone know?
 Sylph.Chazza
Server: Sylph
user: Chazza
By Sylph.Chazza 2019-04-15 22:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, wonder if anyone could help me. I have written my own .lua and when I load it into ffxi I get the following windower console error message "C;FFXI/addons/GearSwap/data/Exalasrdm.lua:2: attempt to index field 'precast' (a nil value)". I am assuming this is to do with my precast function but honestly I haven't a scooby. Could anybody kindly shine a light on what might be doing it? tia.

Edit: full fault in game:

+GearSwap: lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:346:
+gearswap has detected an error in the user function get_sets:
+ExalasRDM.lua:2:attempt to index field "precast" (a nil value)

get_sets and Precast section of my lua:
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-16 08:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess (I'm at work) is that because you've created your own from scratch, you don't get to benefit from various default values that something like motes would provide.

Your code is complaining because precast cannot be set against sets, because sets is nil. I'm unsure if Gearswap defines and exposes this by default, but my first advice would be to try adding sets = {} on line 1 of the get_sets() function.
 Asura.Exalas
user: Chazza
By Asura.Exalas 2019-04-16 10:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess (I'm at work) is that because you've created your own from scratch, you don't get to benefit from various default values that something like motes would provide.

Your code is complaining because precast cannot be set against sets, because sets is nil. I'm unsure if Gearswap defines and exposes this by default, but my first advice would be to try adding sets = {} on line 1 of the get_sets() function.

you sweet beautiful human. it now loads. Unfortunately though, it's now saying that "precast" is not defined for functions, it's saying line 106 which is the last precast argument. I tried to use the rdm lua from the kinematics GitHub but it wasn't equipping any of my aftercast sets and trying to fix it was just another level for my level of knowledge. (which is zero btw xD)
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-16 16:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Exalas said: »

you sweet beautiful human. it now loads. Unfortunately though, it's now saying that "precast" is not defined for functions, it's saying line 106 which is the last precast argument. I tried to use the rdm lua from the kinematics GitHub but it wasn't equipping any of my aftercast sets and trying to fix it was just another level for my level of knowledge. (which is zero btw xD)
Not sure I understand what the issue is - when I load this, it works fine, assuming you first define sets.precast, sets.midcast and sets.idle before setting any subsequent sets.

However, I can see that the if...else statements in the precast make some assumptions that may be wrong. For example, casting Utsusemi: Ni will pass in a spell with a skill value of "Ninjutsu", which would be missed by the spell.type:contains("Magic") condition.
By RebornedHero 2019-04-18 07:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have just returned to the game this week and am trying to get the hand of gearswap again. Last night I was having some issues and I believe the issue is gearswap related. I have noticed the issue so far is on at least Blue Mage and I think Dark Knight and could be on all jobs. After playing for a little while my character becomes unable to cast any spells, or do any abilities unless I disable gearswap, change to a different job or exit FFXI (reloading gearswap doesnt fix the problem). If I change my job back to Blue Mage it still doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? Could my BLU.lua, gearswap or windower be out of date? I had put quite a bit of time into gearswap for BLU when I last played.

I did just install DGvoodoo which is the only new feature I have introduced to my PC. Maybe I should reinstall windower or FFXI?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 180 181 182