user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-03-13 15:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hulkamania said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Odin.Sudra said: »
(This is) 10% luck.
20% skill.
I would argue it's more 15% concentrated power of will.
Don't forget the 5% pleasure.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-03-16 10:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

correct me if i'm wrong, but lifestream is purely a skill and fast cast piece at this point right?

decided to gear mule for something to do but i'm working w/ dated info still. dunno what's changed in terms of odyssey/htbf gear for geo, if anyone has any input.
By Nocki 2021-03-16 10:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Brixy gave up on the guide after getting locked out of the node for doing too many edits (huh? why u do dis ffxiah) and I've been lazy lately, but the guide will be updated soon™

Lifestream is used for Skill in the conserve MP set, which has a little less skill otherwise, but that's it's only prpose really...
You can use Ambu cape for Fast Cast or you can use augmented Fi Follet Cape +1.
By Foxfire 2021-03-16 10:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

gotcha. i'm still in the process of grinding out merit fights for tales anyway, so i likely won't be done catching up anytime soon.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-03-16 10:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Lifestream is used for Skill in the conserve MP set, which has a little less skill otherwise, but that's it's only prpose really...
You can use Ambu cape for Fast Cast or you can use augmented Fi Follet Cape +1.

Thought the duration augment was (similar to RDM's Enhancing augment) more potent than the Ambu cape one as well...or was that found to not be the case?
By Nariont 2021-03-16 10:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

it is +20% duration vs ambu's flat +20 seconds
By Foxfire 2021-03-16 11:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

bc of this, went out to ceizak to cast indi bubble on me and it was a noticeable difference, even w/ 19% aug, so i guess i'm sticking to lifestream for indi. just gotta keep rolling for better skill aug.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-21 22:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any equip gain spells for geo besides impact/dispelga?
 Asura.Buffyslyph
Server: Asura
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-26 13:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What WS should I be focusing on for GEO club? And anyone have a target WS set?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-26 14:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For Physical damage the strongest WS is usually Judgement, but if you're gonna mainhand a Maxentius, you might see better results from that at 1000 TP.

If you wanna use magic WSs then Seraph Strike and Flash Nova.

You can test the physical WSs on the GEO DPS spreadsheet. It's updated, I added even the latest Odyssey sets.
BiS Offhand for DPS is Ternion Dagger +1 R15 btw, if you were wondering.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By gargurty 2021-04-26 10:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post a BIS mb set for geo, without merlinic augs :)

This is what i use atm:

sets.magic_burst = {
main="Bhima",
sub="Ammurapi Shield",
ammo={ name="Ghastly Tathlum +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
head="Ea Hat +1",
body="Ea Houppe. +1",
hands="Ea cuffs +1",
legs="Ea Slops +1",
feet="Ea pigaches +1",
neck="Mizu. Kubikazari",
waist="Acuity belt +1",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Regal Earring",
left_ring={ name="Metamor. Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
right_ring="Mujin Band",
back={ name="Aurist's Cape +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
}
By Chimerawizard 2021-04-26 12:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 363580
ItemSet 366266

belts based on distance.
those agwu at some rank should overtake amalric.
I'd consider bhima same as bunzi rod w/o the INT. easily better at m.acc, but likely a bit low in dmg.

Ea cuffs +1 are a good m.acc swap for amalric, but for the feet, I'd go amalric(w/ set bonus) > agwu(0) > amalric(w/o set bonus) > ea.
[+]
By gargurty 2021-04-26 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

tyvm :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-26 13:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In Set1 you're 6% under MBB1 cap and in Set2 you're 8% above.
Have you tested that despite that, it still produces bigger numbers than other combinations?

Does Bunzi Rod beat other options (Daybreak, Maxentius, R15 Idris, Bhima C) even at Rank Zero?

Because last I read tests Daybreak and Maxentius were pretty close to each other for T5/T4 nukes, Idris was slightly behind in damage but was compensating with shitton of Macc.
Never read tests on Bhima C on the other hand so I don't really know bout that.

Also last but not least Chimera, why no Hachirin? When far away and nuking with the proper weather up, Hachirin should beat any other option by far.
By Chimerawizard 2021-04-26 14:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

okay, yeah, set1 I'd use mizu neck. I was still including agwu's feet in my math for no reason when I filled it out.

Bunzi's rod
Daybreak
Bhima
Maxentius

You say Daybreak & Maxentius do similar damage. Why wouldn't Bunzi do more then? It has Maxentius's INT w/ an additional MAB+14 & mDMG+16.
r15 Idris is basically a higher mACC version of daybreak. Bhima lacks INT & MAB. The MBII+10 is a ~5.9% increase in MBB, a MAB-35 from ~MAB+434(gear/JP/gifts) is 6.6%. Bhima wins at mACC but loses in damage.

If you have weather, use hachirin. it's basically BiS forever, so may as well mention instead the best non-weather option for the highest tier nukes since GEO is often taken to both manaburn & melee parties. I frequently burst on GEO in either setup even when my bubbles are fury frailty.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-26 14:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhima C might win if your spell (before MBB2 gets calculated) does a very high value, like >70k.
At that point 10% MBB2 might outdamage the stats on the other mentioned clubs.
Not sure on the order of the operations, but either way I think it's an extremely unlikely scenario

Bunzi is cool, best part of Bunzi is the 10% MBB I guess, opens up lots of options for the other slots.
We didn't mention Marin Staff +1 R15, I guess that could be competitive and of course BiS for wind based spells, but I hate the inventory +1 so I usually pretend it doesn't exist.

Once fully augmented I also believe Agwu might be king, not gonna happen for a long time though, for the majority of us.
Just like Nyame Path C, it's pretty awesome but who ever is gonna go Path C on Nyame, seriously?
[+]
By Elikins 2021-05-04 20:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What would an upto date Geo Stun set look like?
 Bahamut.Yuush
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Yuush 2021-05-04 23:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 379654

This is what I use currently. Cape is 20INT 30macc 10FC
 Asura.Wax
By Asura.Wax 2021-05-05 09:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuush, could you share you updated sets if you don't mind?

Specifically - idle/pet out idle/geo midcast/indi midcast?

Thanks!
By gargurty 2021-05-05 10:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

too bad peeps cant update the gearguide anymore ; ;

So much has changed now
 Bahamut.Yuush
By Bahamut.Yuush 2021-05-05 12:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 379661
ItemSet 379662
ItemSet 379663
ItemSet 379664

I put the relevant augments in the set info. Missing slots are Nyame.
[+]
By Nocki 2021-05-05 12:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
too bad peeps cant update the gearguide anymore ; ;

So much has changed now
I'm the only one on the node and it is possible to update it, I just haven't had the motivation to sit here for 9 hours doing so in order to match the formatting that Brixy started and the gave up on...
If someone can find a BBCode editor that allows me to do so and preview it as I go without doing it on AH (which for those who have never tried to make a big node, will crash every 30 minutes or so) then I will happily update it...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-05-11 12:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
What's a good way to handle the relic +3 hat in your lua? Ideally, I'd want it to be locked whenever I have a luopan out. Is that possible to do with Selindrile's libraries?

So I actually had him write the code to support this back when I got my GEO the relic+3 head. All you need is:
Code
sets.buff['Blaze of Glory'] = {head="Bagua Galero +3"}

And Selindrile's lua will cast with the head on during BoG. I then also have the Galero in my idle set so the luopan always has the hp. I then don't prioritize pet regen gear and my default idle set is mostly defensive/meva aside from relic head, Idris and +2 neck.

I also feel that +2 neck is a near essential item for any GEO. It allows you to save space on pet regen gear (since it's worth like 6hp/tick alone) and keep higher defensive gear on for yourself.

That said, I'm not that great at nuking sets. Is Agwu's any good? I think feet are good for drain/aspir but really not sure if magic damage makes them worth using over what I already have in any other usage.
 Bahamut.Yuush
By Bahamut.Yuush 2021-05-12 00:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Agwu's Cap has more INT/MAB/MACC at r20 than Bagua Galero +3. None of the other slots will likely contend for maximum nuke power. The gloves could be competitive in burst sets.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-05-16 13:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of neck/belt are people Black Haloing in? I've been doing Caro/Grunfeld but I can't help but feel there is something beyond my horizon here.
By Luopan 2021-05-16 14:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know most people do not see geo as a DPS, but question is, what about a melee geo build/ what is best weaponskill for geo to use once a melee set has been established.
 Asura.Wax
By Asura.Wax 2021-05-19 09:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

@Luopan,

I recently finished Idris myself and started looking more into melee GEO. It seems like Nyame (even pre-augment) could change a lot of the sets in the discussion the past few pages.

Can any smart GEO's chime in on how the new Odyssey sets have been working out for them for meleeing?
By Slowforever 2021-05-24 11:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Been reading through this guide and have a question. When I summon my Loupon I use +geo and handbell gear? So after its summoned do I switch to regen and pet dt gear?
By Mrxi 2021-05-24 11:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wax said: »
@Luopan,

I recently finished Idris myself and started looking more into melee GEO. It seems like Nyame (even pre-augment) could change a lot of the sets in the discussion the past few pages.

Can any smart GEO's chime in on how the new Odyssey sets have been working out for them for meleeing?
Maxentius and 5 nyame augment dosent mater, engaged ambu cape other random gear, geo can do 30k black halo on bumba, thats about the only time i ever melee, im doing geo str and indi fury so dosent matter as much if luopan dies, full timing demeterialize usually only have to cast 1 or 2 times. rest of the time geo prob should not melee unless can kill it before bolster wears.
By Mrxi 2021-05-24 11:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
Been reading through this guide and have a question. When I summon my Loupon I use +geo and handbell gear? So after its summoned do I switch to regen and pet dt gear?
Yes most times.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 73 74 75