Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless no WSC% you pick seems to work for all STR/DEX values =[
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-17 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be doing ASA on PUP using alternator. Will let you know how that goes.

Also, inb4 lolAby, but I had Lobo solo Hadhayosh on RNG frame and Razed Ruins/VV/Apoc (I was leaving an exp party and decided to give it a go) Used one oil+3 and Lobo died at ~50% due to Meteor. Deus Ex Automata/Role Reversal and he soloed the rest. Used Light and Wind Maneuver for evasion/auto-regen attachment.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 18:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Going to be doing ASA on PUP using alternator. Will let you know how that goes.

Also, inb4 lolAby, but I had Lobo solo Hadhayosh on RNG frame and Razed Ruins/VV/Apoc (I was leaving an exp party and decided to give it a go) Used one oil+3 and Lobo died at ~50% due to Meteor. Deus Ex Automata/Role Reversal and he soloed the rest. Used Light and Wind Maneuver for evasion/auto-regen attachment.

Ooh, please do, I can't be bothered farming the items for Nimues tights again and I need a new pair of QD pants!
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-17 19:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I went ahead and bought KIs and defaulted to PLD frame. I died once when white shantotto was at 2% and reraise, Deus Ex Automata, Repair (which ended up being pointless since Deus Ex returned automaton to full HP in the fight for some reason. Not that I'm complaining.), Role Reversal to full, and chucked Lobo on black while I worked on white. I used Cannibal Blade mostly but decided to use String Shredder on Black after White died. I went with getto pet tank set up with 14% haste and DT-12% lol.

Attachments:
Tension Spring II | Heat Capacitor | Turbo Charger | Armor Plate II
Smoke Screen(oops? lol) | Mana Jammer II | Stabilizer II | Hammermill
Optic Fiber | Auto-Repair II | Accelerator II | Barrier Module

used 6 +3 oils, two for Mantience. Cleared in 17mins 1sec.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-05-17 21:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What does that have to do with automaton research? That was soloable long before alternator, and long before level 99 cap lol.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-17 21:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
What does that have to do with automaton research? That was soloable long before alternator, and long before level 99 cap lol.

Well I learned that Deus Ex Automata in that BC gives full HP instead of 25% like it should! I get a gold star for effort! :<
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 12:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The 42% DEX mod listed previously for Armor Shatterer appears to be correct

It appears - however - to be using STR-k for the fSTR calculation where k~~64

All of the cases I've looked at are consistent with a 42% DEX mod and a -64ish STR penalty
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-18 13:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Attachments for mantis"
TS II
scope
barrage turbine
turbo charger
stabilizer
stabilizer II
Armor II
heatsink
percolator (lol)
repair II
optic fiber
heat capacitor
 Shiva.Psyduck
Server: Shiva
user: CoreyX
By Shiva.Psyduck 2013-05-18 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You should really be using Attuner and Target Maker. It makes a pretty big difference and it's 100% guaranteed to work on anything in Adoulin, due to everything being at least level 100 (Attuner/Target Maker ignore defense and evasion if the target is higher than Even Match)

It takes 2 fire/thunder slots, so you can use it in place of Tension Spring 1 and Stabilizer 1. On top of that, unlike stabilizer, Target Maker helps both melee accuracy and ranged accuracy, so it's like a stablizier+scope combined, except it's much stronger (5% evasion ignored with no maneuvers, and 5% evasion of the stuff in Adoulin is a ton of evasion. Same with the Attuner and ignoring 5% defense with no manaeuvers, which is greater than the 3% tension spring 1 would give)

Plus using one single maneuver for either of those makes the boost absolutely huge (Fire + Wind + Thunder would be ideal, to still use Armor Shatterer while giving the most boosts. Especially during overdrive!) Though if you're not using any maneuvers (or just keeping up a wind maneuver when you see fit, for drum magazine/turbo charger) it still gives a nice benefit
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 16:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just set a strobe and have the puppet tank for you
Nothing in Adoulin can hit it that isn't a Delve NM

There is also pretty much no reason to use Stabilizer or Scope with Alternator
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-18 16:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

More importantly, (and I'm guilty of this myself) lets cut with the unrelated chitchat. The Alternator thread is great for miscellaneous discussion, and I'd prefer to not have to sift through umpteen useless posts to get to Byrth and Sylow's actual contributions.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 17:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay further data has given me some insight into Armor Shatterer
I'm currently analyzing it but I think it will make a lot more sense now
 Asura.Slugman
Server: Asura
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2013-05-18 17:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shooter vs. Faust
Agged me before i could get parser, so...

screen 1

screen 2

wind, water, wind, wind ad infitum

Attachements:
TS II
scope
barrage
turbo charger
armor II
stabilizer I/II
heat sink
steam jacket (i thought this was going to be key)
repair II
optic fiber
heat capacitor (not used)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 20:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably going to be harder to pin down Armor Shatterer than I thought (similar to ranged attacks)

If you assume normal fSTR2 calculations and a dex mod somewhere around 28-30% everything works very closely but I can't get it to line up exactly

It's giving me a headache so I'll worry about it later
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 20:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That is not Automaton research
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-05-18 20:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm out of the loop on this subject but is there anything that a low level PUP can test that a high level PUP cannot? I'm probably going to jump on the PUP bandwagon soon and I'd be happy to gather some data while I'm at it.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-18 21:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure but essentially it looks like the DEX mod is somehow changing the fSTR cap which sort of matches what Byrth's testing on ranged attacks so I'll have to look into it deeper

(Think of it as the DEX bonus being considered in the weapon rank calculation I guess)

I'm a few plans away from Omodaka legs so I'll have some additional freedom with Automaton stats and will be able to get better data
By Theytak 2013-05-18 22:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I'm not sure but essentially it looks like the DEX mod is somehow changing the fSTR cap which sort of matches what Byrth's testing on ranged attacks so I'll have to look into it deeper

(Think of it as the DEX bonus being considered in the weapon rank calculation I guess)

I'm a few plans away from Omodaka legs so I'll have some additional freedom with Automaton stats and will be able to get better data
Mmmm, well, if DEX is influencing the weapon rank, that could help to explain it.

One thing I'm wondering about atm is whether or not monster ranged attacks and puppet ranged attacks actually work the same way, or in an even remotely similar fashion. The only way I can think of to get an idea for that, though, would be to take a really low level job, let it get shot by a ranger mob, then hit that same ranger mob with some vicious dex down and repeat the process. If the damage changes with the only variable changed being the mob's dex, we could probably assume they're similar, but if it doesn't, then puppets are even speshuler.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-19 12:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoEfIbdoAw7adHZCdXBDVXJNak5WenhFOEh6X3A4OFE&usp=sharing

Going to start posting all Armor Shatterer data here and maybe someone else will see the pattern!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-19 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so Hpmede data.

Using a fire maneuver (7 or 8 str) increases damage by 4 points in all cases. However, using a thunder maneuver eliminates one of the VIT dependant steps in damage. Furthermore, it leaves the HIGHER VIT dependant change untouched. If we were looking at a cap effect, we would expect it to hit the highest value. It does not. This could be N offset effect (so the 2 VIT change no longer falls at a critical point) or it could be a floor effect of some kind?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-19 16:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks most like a floor effect to me but I've looked at so much Armor Shatterer damage that my head spins whenever the Automaton uses it
By CoreyX 2013-05-19 21:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you know anything about the math of FFXI Sylow, you're just going back and forth and back and forth with what you *think* you know but not really ending up anywhere. Perhaps you should do more research. If you had known previously established automaton facts, you wouldn't be wondering every 5 seconds why your calculations are off.

I think we should leave all the PUP testing to the professionals. Preferably someone who actually plays the job and knows how it works. This is really getting us nowhere, nothing new to see here.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-19 22:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry perhaps you would like to enlighten us with how Automaton attacks are calculated then
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-19 22:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Go right ahead and start testing then, maybe contribute something to the thread instead of bitching and moaning like a child.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-20 10:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
You can just set a strobe and have the puppet tank for you
Nothing in Adoulin can hit it that isn't a Delve NM

There is also pretty much no reason to use Stabilizer or Scope with Alternator

Whoa whoa whoa never even thought about that is that because of just the alternator or rigors combined? Hmm. time to rethink my attachments. What about in delve?..
 Bismarck.Greezy
Server: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-05-20 10:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Oh, and in case anyone cares, PUP is virtually unbeatable for farming oldSalvage pieces(/decent alexandrite returns). Clearing entire zone is a joke, and Sharpshot can solo all chariots incredibly quickly

Yes, when your /ra from rng pup does 1k normal hit in salvage you know its a win. can pull an entire room and aggro everything and rng pup eva tanks them like a baws!
 Bismarck.Greezy
Server: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2013-05-20 10:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Both Melee and Ranged are capped on my pup, and i keep getting ranged and melee skillups...

Also, Armor Shatterer does approx 3k~3.1k to about everything.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9