Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 130 131 132
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-25 00:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like Rapid Shot is one of those things that makes it difficult to test something like Flurry II actually giving x-amount of snapshot. No reason not to believe SE on that though.

If you specifically wanted to test Flurry II, use a job that doesn't have Rapid Shot. With both Flurry II and Courser's roll, I'd imagine you can get another job with ranged weapons to test. Since there is no rapid shot you can get exact numbers and get exact values for whatever you wanted to test.

After you have that nailed down, calculate what half of that delay would be and start parsing with Ranger and Velocity Shot. If any of your ranged attacks happen faster than the speed you calculated, Velocity Shot breaks the cap.

I think that would be a pain in the *** to test though.
[+]
By Verda 2016-10-25 08:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted some flurry I and II testing a few pages back, I didn't get exactly 30, it was lower and flurry I wasn't exactly 15 it was lower too (by more than 1-2% too and the value even changed based on the delay of the weapon to a degree, with really high delay weapons getting as high as 17%). I did it on THF because ya it makes testing a pain with rapid shot procs. Your setup idea is basically the same as mine I just haven't got to doing it thoroughly enough yet and testing Velocity is hardest of all as RNG is the only one who can use velocity shot so it means you really have to put up with rapid shot messing your testing up. It's hard to know if something is a max duration, or if you just had a huge lag spike or something and even though values are within a certain range when I test on thf, they are never exactly the same so there's that to deal with as well.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-25 13:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting results. I think the first step would be to use a non COR/RNG to try and verify the Snapshot cap and behavior (I can't remember if was already done but I remember seeing something a few pages back) using Flurry and then add start examining the effects of Velocity Shot. I think I'll be too busy until after this campaign is over to help out.
 Shiva.Kohh
Server: Shiva
user: Kohh
By Shiva.Kohh 2016-10-27 14:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking back at some recent posts on NQ/HQ builds.. Anyone mind posting NQ/HQ builds for Anni RNG including LS, Coro, WF? or even a link is fine :P
By Verda 2016-10-27 14:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Discussing anni setup for master trials: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/89/#3161734

Last Stand and Coronach BiS with options listed: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/87/#3136888

RNG accuracy BiS and STP options you can use to make your own tp set: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38352/power-rangers-a-guide-to-pewing/87/#3135847
 Shiva.Kohh
Server: Shiva
user: Kohh
By Shiva.Kohh 2016-10-27 14:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Ty Verda!
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-02 08:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »

I'll take a look at these links after a bit. I just finished my afterglow Anni this morning so now I have access to both Eradicating and Chrono bullets. From what I can see though, for Fermion MT, RNG's are using AG Anni with Chrono bullets yes?
By Verda 2016-11-02 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats! :D

And yes, most RNG will use Foma's bullets with Anni for the increased damage at the cost of 10 ranged acc.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-02 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
congrats! :D

And yes, most RNG will use Foma's bullets with Anni for the increased damage at the cost of 10 ranged acc.

Cool, that's what I thought.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-10 10:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Confused what to use on "Precast.RA" / "Midcast.RA"

:X

Would you please clear it up ?

When to use Store TP ?
When to use Snapshot ?
When to use Rapid Shot?
When to use Recycle ?
When to use Rng.ACC+ Rng.ATK+ ?
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2016-11-10 13:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Precast is your Snapshot/Rapid shot. You gear to come as close to cap if not capped as possible. Snapshot > Rapid shot assuming no Flurry. If youre just starting out I would try to make a set that caps snapshot (or comes very close to) and fill in as much rapid shot as possible once you accomplish that.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by when to use STP. You use it to break x-hit builds that vary depending on what weapon youre using. You drop STP to add Racc if you need to break acc tiers. It comes down to playing with your sets a lot to see what you can afford to drop. The only thing I've had to drop STP for is some of the Helms in Reis as of right now.

So once again, I would suggest if youre just starting out to cap snapshot as it makes a huge difference. Work on your x-hit builds for whatever weapon youre using. Start creating acc swaps that add up to the highest amount of racc you'd need for the highest content you play RNG on.

My gearswap treats the base Midcast.RA as my 3 hit STP build (not worrying about racc). Then i have a Mid racc swap that adds a hundred or so amount of accuracy, and High racc swap that is nothing but racc.

Some weapons you will definitely lose your 3 hit for accuracy. But thats just how it is. (Mainly applies to the super low delay weapons)

EDIT: Recycle is just kinda there and I wouldnt necessarily gear towards it. Most gear you would wear for RNG naturally has Recycle or a Recycle augment, IE; Pursuer's. (that doesnt mean augment everything with Recycle)

You have merits and what not to help with recycle. Paired with Relic hat reforged you should be good.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-10 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kollosis said: »
Precast is your Snapshot/Rapid shot. You gear to come as close to cap if not capped as possible. Snapshot > Rapid shot assuming no Flurry. If youre just starting out I would try to make a set that caps snapshot (or comes very close to) and fill in as much rapid shot as possible once you accomplish that.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by when to use STP. You use it to break x-hit builds that vary depending on what weapon youre using. You drop STP to add Racc if you need to break acc tiers. It comes down to playing with your sets a lot to see what you can afford to drop. The only thing I've had to drop STP for is some of the Helms in Reis as of right now.

So once again, I would suggest if youre just starting out to cap snapshot as it makes a huge difference. Work on your x-hit builds for whatever weapon youre using. Start creating acc swaps that add up to the highest amount of racc you'd need for the highest content you play RNG on.

My gearswap treats the base Midcast.RA as my 3 hit STP build (not worrying about racc). Then i have a Mid racc swap that adds a hundred or so amount of accuracy, and High racc swap that is nothing but racc.

Some weapons you will definitely lose your 3 hit for accuracy. But thats just how it is. (Mainly applies to the super low delay weapons)

EDIT: Recycle is just kinda there and I wouldnt necessarily gear towards it. Most gear you would wear for RNG naturally has Recycle or a Recycle augment, IE; Pursuer's. (that doesnt mean augment everything with Recycle)

You have merits and what not to help with recycle. Paired with Relic hat reforged you should be good.

Cool Thanks !
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-10 17:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

"Dead Aim" = ???

Its on the Meghannada Head +1 but not sure what exactly does it do ?

Precast / Midcast !?
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-11-11 14:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of info at this link, so I'll just send you there.

http://bfy.tw/8iEX
By Afania 2016-11-11 15:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
"Dead Aim" = ???

Its on the Meghannada Head +1 but not sure what exactly does it do ?

Precast / Midcast !?

It's basically crit hit dmg for ranged attack.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-24 18:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

OK quick question. The guide points to Adhemar pieces being BiS for last stand but that post was from July. Does this still ring true before I make all this? I have the abjurations for all already so thats no big deal. But I would think the kobo kote would beat out adhemar.
By Verda 2016-11-24 18:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kobe Kote do beat Adhemar +1 C, but Meghanada +1 hands beat both and perfectly augmented pair of herc gloves with 15 agi and 4 wsd beats out both of those by just a bit. I posted the Last Stand set a while back as well as linked above but here you go:
ItemSet 344950

Spreadsheet shows the diff on last stand damage between using 4 pieces of adhemar +1 C and perfect herc is about 1450 damage with pdif capped.

Feet can be possibly better if at trueshot distance. After spending over 10,000 stones I think anything perfect aug is a pipe dream cuz I have yet to see it so that's why I put in meghanada +1 hands in part.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-24 20:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I read wrong post as the BiS one, my bad just realized it. Yeah I dropped all 1300 of my stock stones and never saw anywhere near perfect.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-26 15:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Without the mythic is trueflight worth using?
By Calinari 2016-11-26 16:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Without the mythic is trueflight worth using?

Situational, but absolutely.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-26 16:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In the right conditions/buffing,yes. Now the question becomes "at what level content do your returns stop playing out and you'd be better with a different strategy?"

CP wise I was having fun doing distortion with trueflight opening (not an ideal situation, but we all got good cp for 2 hours I'd call that a win) and tying the parse with a well decked blm bursting,using aeonic gun. SCH was storming me and I was getting mb bonuses with the mages from the GEO.

Have I done it on true endgame (CL 135+)? No, I personally haven't. Of course you'll never match a Gastra Trueflight,and I don't know if you'd see the lovely 99k/99k sc number without it, but based on my limited play with Fomolhaut, a gun with no AGI or MAB on it, I think if you party towards it it can certainly work thru Zi'Tah,and T2 Ru'Ann/Raisin.

Certainly a light weak mob is going to be great for this, too.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-26 16:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that Fomalhaut is one of the best weapons for Trueflight, it's more than a little strange to imply that you were handicapped relative to MAB guns.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-26 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering you all thought on the Fail-Not vs Fomalhaut. Not sure on which one to make, i have the annihilator don't really see myself switching my gun that often tho I heard many good things about the Fomalhaut and considering I spam Wildfire alot Thinking it might be a beast of a gun to have for it. I don't really see to many fail-not's to have a formed opinion on them.
By Verda 2016-11-26 18:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fomalhaut can be used on COR too, can be used for trueflight or leaden salute, it does about 3k-3.5k less damage for me than afterglow gastra at 1k tp, though that gap will widen with more support it's still 2nd best trueflight gun, it also can't top end well at 3k tp due to a lot of the power coming from tp bonus, it is still a good TF gun though and every ranger should ideally have a TF set, it simply scales amazing with support. The other thing about Foma is it is a huge boon to Last Stand, like Anni won't do nearly the damage most the time as Foma last stand, especially if attack is capped.

Fail-Not will do some of the biggest Jishnu's in the game, even pushing raw Jishnu's damage out over Gandiva in some situations due to the very big base damage of Fail-Not. Gandiva will win a dps war though simply because of the close Jishnu's damage, while having lower delay, while pumping out ODT procs for huge damage. Fail-Not is really good for making Radiance though imo, and Jishnu's is a stronger weaponskill in many situations than Last Stand. It crits, so if attack isn't capped it will perform well vs other options, and also at least in my testing and the spreadsheet it will top end out over Last Stand. The other really great factor for the bow is you have a very long trueshot distance of about 11.8 yalms vs a gun's 6.5 yalms. A lot of mobs have dangerous moves that have 10' radius for some reason so it's a distinction worth making.

Those are the pro's and cons, I got both, I guess it'd play to your goals and play styles.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-26 18:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It crits, so if attack isn't capped it will perform well vs other options,

Ranged WS criticals perform equally across all ratios.
[+]
By Verda 2016-11-26 18:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You're correct, but it's still a 1.25 multiplier that multiplies with trueshot and crit damage, so tends to perform better at lower attack than other options, similar to how melee critical ws also perform better than other options at lower attack ratios. Keep in mind that pdif itself is a multiplier.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-26 18:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiplication is not addition.
[+]
By Verda 2016-11-26 19:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so you guys can't math and can't context.

say you are at .5 attack ratio for melee, a crit adds 1, you are at 1.5. 1.5 / .5 = 3x multiplier then any crit damage is also multiplied in say 30% crit damage you have 1.5 * 1.3 = 1.95 which altogether gives you 1.95 / .5 = 3.9x improvement

say you are at .5 attack ratio for ranged, a crit multiplies times 1.25 x 1.19 trueshot x crit damage. This is multiplied times the .5 so you get .5 * 1.92 = .96 .96 / .5 = 1.92x improvement

But then you also have high pdif:
Melee 3.25 attack ratio + 1 = 4.25 * 1.3 crit = 5.525 multiplier, 5.525 / 3.25 = 1.7x improvement

Ranged 3.25 attack ratio * 1.25 * 1.19 * 1.3 = 6.2846 multiplier, 6.2846 / 3.25 = 1.93x improvement.

The statement that "Ranged WS criticals perform equally across all ratios" is technically correct as I said, but his assertion to phrase that in reply to my post where I said Jishnu's will perform better vs other options at lower attack ratios, wasn't correct because it does. And your assertion that mulitplication is not addition is totally missing the point.

To further illustrate this since you're not following along, using the spreadsheet at capped pdif we have gandiva doing 23,149 damage and last stand doing 21,334 damage. If you lower attack ratio, you get with the same sets 13,735 jishnu's and 10,981 last stand, the gap widened.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-26 19:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-26 19:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That has to do with the differences in the pDIF caps between marksmanship and archery and not so much the criticals.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 130 131 132